Tiffins

wdwhippo

Earning My Ears
Thinking of booking here, is it good? Quite expensive so looking for some reviews please.

I LOVE Tiffins! I'm going to be there again next week. It's my favorite AK restaurant now. Yes, it's pricey but we do some split meals and appetizers to keep the cost down a bit. I love a lot of their appetizers so sometimes I go for lunch and just order a few of those.

Service has been excellent the decor and stories behind them are really cool and the food has been very good. And when I went back the second time I got a thank you postcard and a bag of chocolates. It was a nice touch.

I love it. Great food, great atmosphere, and the best service. We booked a Rivers of Light package since it included an appetizer and we were on the regular dining plan. Same two credits, but an appetizer and reserved seats at ROL made it a better value for those two credits per person.
My husband had the Whole Fried Fish (tasty and a beautiful presentation) and Asparagus Crab soup. I had the tenderloin (very unique crust on it!) and the Peaches and Cream salad (fantastic). Christopher was our server and he was perfect. I had a nice glass of red wine recommended by Christopher that I enjoyed - can't remember the brand. Dessert was Guava Mousse and Trio of Desserts.
We were very happy and I will definitely return.

We've eaten here three times and love it! The Rivers of Light package can be a pretty good deal on the DDP or OOP, especially if you're looking at the surf and turf.

I've had whatever the beef dish was each time (Wagyu the first two times, tamarind glazed short rib last trip) and have never been disappointed. My sister got the surf and turf last time, despite not being a huge lobster fan, and she thought it was fantastic (lobster included).

Thinking of booking here, is it good? Quite expensive so looking for some reviews please.
There are many pieces of data that go into the calculus of making dining choices.

You will likely find that reviews here on DisBoards will range the entire spectrum from horrible-to-amazing. But....

Simple answer - as Disney Signatures go (hence, the high-price point), then Tiffins is fine. Some folks may balk at the 'exotic-flavors' throughout the menu, but if you're OK with that, then Tiffins is something of a stand-out.

If you are seeking those 'exotic-flavors', then Jiko may be a 'better' restaurant, albeit not inside a Park (at Animal Kingdom Lodge, AKL).

If you want to try a buffet of similar flavors, Tusker House (inside a Park, and with characters), or Boma at AKL. Breakfast at Boma is a standout meal.

And then there's Sanaa - also some of those same flavors, but a non-character, non-Park, casual sit-down (at a lower price-point than Jiko and/or Tiffins). Best times to go to Sanaa are during daylight to enjoy the animals on the Savannah. Regardless, you can enjoy viewing those same animals (and more) from public vista points throughout AKL.

We prefer snacks and cocktails at Nomad Lounge next door, but Tiffins is fine.

Tiffins is excellent. If you’re good with the price, go for it. If it seems expensive check out Nomad Lounge connected to it. Same cocktails, small high quality plates that lead to a smaller bill, and you get to relax on couches. If you want the full experience though, it doesn’t get much better than Tiffins.

Advise: don’t do the Rivers of Light package. You end up spending a lot more than you were probably intending unless you already planned to get the most expensive things on the menu. The seats are okay but fast pass and even stand by can be as good. Also, if it rains, all the give you is $10.

I haven't eaten here yet (next month), but I have read several reviews recently stating that the portions have gotten smaller and they are small for the price. Is this accurate?

I haven't eaten here yet (next month), but I have read several reviews recently stating that the portions have gotten smaller and they are small for the price. Is this accurate?

No meal I've ordered here has ever been small (most recently last month). The desserts can be pretty tiny.

Still enjoy it. Unfortunately, as Disney has done with many of the more adventurous park located restaurants, they have dumbed down the menu and got rid of some of the more interesting items. We still eat there almost every trip and its still the best restaurant in AK.
We have never walked away hungry. Felt the portion sizes were similar to any other upscale restaurant.
For those that are looking at quantity rather then quality, there may be better options.

We ate here a couple of years ago, and (as usual) things have changed some since then. I'd be willing to go back, which I don't often say when things aren't quite what I was expecting.
We didn't have the best of service, and I thought the portions were small, but the flavours were amazing.

Love it. Ate there for the first time last trip and it was my favorite signature we tried. I dream of the halibut with kalamata marmalade....

Our server was awesome too. I was fan girling about Joe Rohde when the server brought out the sketch so the server told me stories Joe Rohde told when he would bring guests to dine in Tiffins.

We have had dinner at Tiffins 3 times. Every time it was great! We love the food and the service is top notch.

Advise: don’t do the Rivers of Light package. You end up spending a lot more than you were probably intending unless you already planned to get the most expensive things on the menu. The seats are okay but fast pass and even stand by can be as good. Also, if it rains, all the give you is $10.

I will second that!! We did the ROL lunch package on Jan. 4th and it began raining right as we finished (between 4:30 and 5pm,) and we decided to skip the show and go back to our room. We ended up paying nearly $400 for a party of 4 (including a few drinks) and thought it was ridiculously overpriced for the quantity, and quality of food, which was solid but nothing to rave about IMO.

I totally agree with @gharter on this one. Tiffins has historically been one of our favorites and an amazing experience, but our last experience wasn't great. Nothing was bad per se but the menu had definitely been dumbed down a bit and our biggest complaint was nothing we ate was hot. I'm hopeful we just had a bad night and this isn't a trend, but for now we'll stick to Jiko which has always been consistently amazing for us.

You can see our latest experience here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ated-1-12-scifi.3708848/page-20#post-60081523

The food I ate at Tiffins was my favorite of our trip last May by far! We also ate at Jiko that trip, and while the atmosphere was a little better (just loved the layout, decor, and airiness of it, while Tiffins is a little darker and more enclosed), I GREATLY preferred the food at Tiffins. I hope for our next trip coming up I can order some of the same things!! (The whole fish and the passion fruit dessert, maybe two of those)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter