Tiffins or Flying Fish?

• Tiffins

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Flying Fish

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
We like to do only one Signature per trip. I’m stuck on whether to choose Tiffins or Flying Fish? Which would you choose and why?

You picked my two favorite restaurants from my September trip, which also included meals at Narcoossee's, CG and Brown Derby. You really can't go wrong with either but forced to choose I think FF would be my choice.

Service... tie, I had great servers at both

Food... tie, although the dessert I had at FF was one of the best things I've ever eaten

Atmosphere... FF While Tiffins is beautiful with a Museum feel to it I thought it was a bit dark for my tastes. I found the dining room a bit more vibrant and appealing at FF.

Again you can't go wrong with either. Good luck with your choice!

I would pick Flying Fish. It was our favorite meal on our last trip. The service was actually the best we have ever experienced at an WDW restaurant and the food was outstanding. I also prefer the location and atmosphere. While FF is quite elegant, it still has that lively, vibrant Boardwalk atmosphere. There is certainly nothing wrong with Tiffins IMHO and Nomad Lounge, next door, is my favorite lounge in WDW, but in Tiffins, I still feel like I'm in a theme park and not a fine restaurant.

Flying Fish for me. Ive had 0 "bad" experiences there.

Tiffins has been both phenomenal and awful for me.

I don’t think you can go wrong but I would probably pick Flying Fish for dinner and stop at Nomad Lounge when in AK. Flying Fish has more of the “special dinner” feel to me. I think it’s a beautiful restaurant, I’ve never had anything less than stellar service, they’re very knowledgeable about wine and pairings if you enjoy that, and the food is outstanding. I also enjoy an after-dinner stroll around the Boardwalk. Not sure if still the case but in Oct could order the Tiffins appetizer and enhancements options at Nomad Lounge (in addition to the Lounge menu) so perhaps a way to try both? Either way, I’m sure it will be great. Have fun!

For those who have been to Flying Fish, has anyone had the scallops? My son will want to order those, but the picture on MDE looks like the smallest portion ever. He will be super disappointed if he really only gets 3 scallops lol

Tiffins is great - it was the best meal of our trip last spring. However, the food is always great at FF and I really like the whimsical decor, so I would go there. (But, as others have said, you can't go wrong with either one.)

We ate a late lunch at Tiffins for the first time during our Thanksgiving trip. Great surroundings, service, and we enjoyed the food. The seasonings were vibrant but none overwhelmed the other from one course to the other. Between the 3 of us we had the avocado salad, charred octopus, and mushroom soup (wonder if this was a variation on the soup from Artist's Point?) as starters-all worth eating again. Same for the chicken dish, halibut and shrimp dish. Only two of us had dessert there. Believe they had the guava mousse and a chocolate cake and enjoyed it. It was really nice to eat such good food within a park and even though it was a meal timed for lunch it sufficed as dinner for us.

FF has become our "home" restaurant at WDW. Of late, we eat there twice per trip. I enjoy eating fish frequently but the man not as much so he generally has the pork belly appetizer (phenomenal!) and a chop or steak cut. We both fell in love with their version of grilled romaine and frequently share it. DGD (13 y/o) enjoys most everything on their entree menu but now that the black ink pasta and scallops dish has cycled off the menu will be a bit crestfallen I suspect since she doesn't like grits or cheese. Imagine she'll get an enhancement of scallops for whatever entree she chooses. This is one of the few restaurants in WDW I anticipate having dessert and don't cop out with ice cream or nothing. The only other place that comes close for me is CG's end of brunch offerings and the goodies at the France Pavilion's TS restaurants.

Both fine eateries and I would make reservations for both and once I picked my FPs, cancel one.

I ate at Flying Fish twice during my recent December trip and had excellent food and service both times. I ate at the bar both times, walking up without ADRs, and put together meals choosing a couple things from the appetizer menu. I had the Grilled Romaine Salad, the Burratta Salad with Apple and Fig and the Crispy Oysters, all wonderfully prepared and delish. Even the bread service and house made butter was phenomenal... and let's not leave out the Blood Orange Margaritas.

It's location takes you out of the parks but in an easy way, as you can either walk from EPCOT or DHS or take the boats. Adding a stroll around the Boardwalk, taking in some entertainment and/or doing some resort hoping can make a lovely and relaxing evening.

I don't think you can go wrong at either.
If you will be at AK, then eating at Tiffins makes sense.
We usually eat at Flying Fish on a no park evening. It is a little more quiet and laid back then Tiffins (since that is inside AK). I've never felt rushed at Tiffins, but it does seem like they try to turn the tables over faser than FF.

Another vote for Flying Fish. We've traditionally loved Tiffins, but our last visit the food had definitely gone down hill and our server was bad at best. At Flying Fish we've always had outstanding service in one of the most beautiful restaurants in the resort and the food is consistently excellent.

For food I would lean towards Tiffins, but Flying Fish is really beautiful, and a stroll on the boardwalk or a drink at Abracadabar is a nice way to end a meal there. As a PP mentioned, Nomad Lounge (attached to Tiffins) is wonderful as well - we prefer its atmosphere to the sit-down restaurant, and you can order off the Tiffins Apps and Enhancements menus.

For those who have been to Flying Fish, has anyone had the scallops? My son will want to order those, but the picture on MDE looks like the smallest portion ever. He will be super disappointed if he really only gets 3 scallops lol

I went to Flying Fish in September 2018 and had the scallops. I do not remember the amount on the plate, but the meal was filling and the scallops were well prepared and delicious. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip.

I picked flying fish because I feel signature meals (and the signature price tag) should feel special. And I’m sorry, I don’t feel “special meal” when I’m in sweaty theme park clothes and carrying a backpack, but that’s just me. I adore Flying Fish, it is beautiful, location is phenomenal, food is awesome, service is great.

I went to Flying Fish in September 2018 and had the scallops. I do not remember the amount on the plate, but the meal was filling and the scallops were well prepared and delicious. It was one of my favorite meals of the trip.
Thank you! Exactly what I was hoping to hear :o

I'm curious about this poll. How many voted who have never tried Tiffins, or perhaps voted and have not yet tried Flying Fish after the redo?

I'll go first. I voted Tiffins and will admit I have dined at Flying Fish several times but not since the reopening. :goodvibes

I'm curious about this poll. How many voted who have never tried Tiffins, or perhaps voted and have not yet tried Flying Fish after the redo?

I'll go first. I voted Tiffins and will admit I have dined at Flying Fish several times but not since the reopening. :goodvibes
I voted FF which I never dined at before the re-opening and also have eaten at Tiffins.Both good eateries I just happen to prefer Flying Fish:).

I voted FF which I never dined at before the re-opening and also have eaten at Tiffins.Both good eateries I just happen to prefer Flying Fish:).

That is a fair vote, unlike me who has yet to try the "new" Flying Fish which I will be doing this June. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter