Tiffins for lunch?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I really want to try Tiffins but the lunch menu just looks so heavy for a hot day at Animal Kingdom! Am I reading to into it? Is it not that heavy and I’m just bing a bit crazy? It’s for next week so not August but still 80’s.

Dinner doesn’t really fit our current schedule.

Last edited:
I really want to try Tiffans but the lunch menu just looks so heavy for a hot day at Animal Kingdom! Am I reading to into it? Is it not that heavy and I’m just bing a bit crazy? It’s for next week so not August but still 80’s.

One of the best things about this restaurant is that it is very relaxing on a blazing hot day at AK. Having lunch in a comfortable, air conditioned environment without the sun beating on you is lovely. I didn't find my meal heavy at all and even had a glass of red wine.

I really want to try Tiffans but the lunch menu just looks so heavy for a hot day at Animal Kingdom! Am I reading to into it? Is it not that heavy and I’m just bing a bit crazy? It’s for next week so not August but still 80’s.

If it helps, the portions are on the small side. So I think you'll be fine. :)

One of the best things about this restaurant is that it is very relaxing on a blazing hot day at AK. Having lunch in a comfortable, air conditioned environment without the sun beating on you is lovely. I didn't find my meal heavy at all and even had a glass of red wine.

If it helps, the portions are on the small side. So I think you'll be fine. :)

Thank you!

A follow up how long should I a lot for lunch? I know it’s a signature, 1 and a half hours enough time?

Thank you!

A follow up how long should I a lot for lunch? I know it’s a signature, 1 and a half hours enough time?
When i was there for lunch, the place was empty. I believe we were out in an hour. And thats with quite a bit of chatting. Didn't take long at all. All depends on how empty/crowded the place is.

We did the ROL dining package (appetizer, entree, dessert) at 3:30pm and it took a good two hours. Maybe 2.5? It was so good, though.

We did the ROL dining package (appetizer, entree, dessert) at 3:30pm and it took a good two hours. Maybe 2.5? It was so good, though.
Wow, that long at Tiffins?? Did you guys order app, entree, plus dessert coffee etc?? For us, we just had the entree. That could be why we were out in an hour.

We did have appetizers, entrees, and desserts. No cocktails (we were at the Nomad right before our meal) or coffee to end, just iced teas for the whole meal. It wasn't particularly busy, either.

I had thought them requiring your ADR to be at least 3 hours before ROL for the package was excessive, but we did actually end up going right from dinner to the show.

We had lunch at Tiffin's back in December and it was easily the best meal of our trip. We had the ROL package, which gave us a lot of options. Mind you, it wasn't summer hot, so it's not as easy to compare, but I think we would have been fine walking around afterwards in the heat. I had the charcuterie, the Wagyu and whatever the dessert was with the passionfruit and citrus and was fine.

We had lunch there in January and it was definitely the best meal of our trip. We didn’t find the meal too heavy for midday but we ended up getting a very light dinner since it kept us pretty full! They had a 3 course lunch special that my DH ended up getting and it was excellent.

I think we may have spent a little over an hour there... didn’t feel too long.

Thanks everyone!

We booked it for noon on our AK day, and canceled our dinner and will just snack around world showcase or get QS in Epcot or the hotel!

I’m really looking forward to this meal!

This!!! It's such a nice respite considering so much of AK's attractions are outside in the hot sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts