Tidy or Messy?

• Tidy

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Messy

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I try, but the jury is out!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Oddly enough...I am super organize and tidy on vacation but I am not that way at home at all. (Much to my husband dismay..lol)

This is me, as well. We're a family of 6, so if I don't keep things organized in a small space, we're all hosed. When we arrive on vacation, I spend my first hour or so unpacking and setting up. I use one of those over-the-door shoe thingies for small stuff, assign spaces (who gets what drawer), and designate spots for laundry and shoes. Laundry is usually just in a suitcase out of the way.

Now if we rent a house or something, I can't vouch for the tidiness of the kids' rooms--that's on them. But the common areas are neat.

We're going on a cruise soon with two cabins booked...I'm tempted to put Hubby in with the boys and have my daughter and I share to avoid the mess for one blissful week.
LOL I'm not a super tidy traveler unless we're on a cruise. The rooms are way too small and the slightest mess sends my ADD into overdrive.

Voted tidy. I'm paranoid of leaving something behind in a hotel room, so keeping things organized prevents that.

Also, with a baby in tow, it helps to be organized that way we know she has enough diapers and food for each day.

Also, we deep clean our house right before we leave. It's a pain because by then we're just like "I WANT TO BE ON VACATION ALREADY!" but the best feeling is coming back from a trip to a spotless house.

We are very clean and tidy. At home I do not even have anything on the walls nor do I have any shelving that can collect dust. We have the kitchen table, couch, end table and tv stand. Bedroom only has the bed and nightstand, the closet has all of the clothes. I can not stand clutter or dust/dirt. So even on vacation we keep thinks in their place.

No matter where I stay I am very tidy. I try to make for the housekeeping as easy as possible. I even empty our trash cans so they don't have to. If there are clean liners for the can I put one in it. Or I just put it all in one and go find a big can and dump it myself. I put all the towels in one spot.

Once a Marine, always a Marine. I wake up at 04:30 every morning 7 days a week even on vacation. I get up show, shave and while waiting on my daughter to wake up I field day the room. She thinks I am quite crazy.

I'm tidy, but my DH and kids aren't so much. We have 3 kids. We start out super organized and tidy, but by the end of the trip there is usually stuff strewn everywhere. DH and the kids tend to leave their things in random places. We are usually in a hurry to get out of the room in the mornings so I just let it go.

Tidy. I'm afraid of losing my stuff. I have a hamper for dirty clothes. We don't unpack suitcases at hotels. We remove stuff as we use it.

I would say we're in between tidy and messy. Things tend to scatter everywhere during the day but I tidy up and organize before bed so we don't waste time looking for things in the morning. The hotel room is so small and clutter stresses me out. If I do a quick clean up before bed then the next morning goes much more smoothly.

If we are staying somewhere for more than one night we unpack our clothes and put them into the drawers or hang them up. I designate a bag for dirty laundry and everyone gets their own space for toiletries. I'm not super organized but I do compartmentalize. Hey, I might get that printed on a t-shirt!

Im definitely tidy. I’m OCD when it comes to that area, whether it’s my home, my classroom, or a hotel room. When things aren’t tidy, I just feel like it’s chaotic. My husband and sons are tidy, too, so we all generally pick up after ourselves so keeping things tidy really isn’t much of a chore.

We stay DVC. So we make our bed every morning just like at home. Clothes hung in the closets or put away in the drawers. Dirty clothes in the laundry basket. Dirty clothes laundered before we go home. Dishes washed and put away after we use them.

It depends. If I am traveling on a guys weekend with friends I kind of let go and I let the mess happen. By myself for work or with the family I am tidy.

I'm sort of in between. I don't want stuff everywhere, but I also refuse to waste vacation time trying to keep my room neatly picked up and in order. So, things may get crammed into drawers or I may keep the suitcases handy so I can just shove everything in there, but I'd rather spend my time playing/relaxing/enjoying than organizing and such.

I feel like I want to be a Tidy person, but with my three boys (2 sons & DH) I am fighting an uphill battle a l l the time.
They are the drop it wherever, leave it wherever, drop it 2 steps inside the door type.

I can't function that way. A place for everything and everything in it's place is how I need to run things.

They will pick up (moan & groan) and put anything away that I direct them to, but i also feel like it's my vacation too and I should be able to take the "mom" hat off for a little while and everyone should just pick up their own crap without being nagged.

My daughter & I can share a shoe box size room for a week and you'd never know we'd be there more than a few hours, boys on the other hand it's like a twister has ripped through within minutes of getting there

I feel like I want to be a Tidy person, but with my three boys (2 sons & DH) I am fighting an uphill battle a l l the time.
They are the drop it wherever, leave it wherever, drop it 2 steps inside the door type.

I can't function that way. A place for everything and everything in it's place is how I need to run things.

They will pick up (moan & groan) and put anything away that I direct them to, but i also feel like it's my vacation too and I should be able to take the "mom" hat off for a little while and everyone should just pick up their own crap without being nagged.

My daughter & I can share a shoe box size room for a week and you'd never know we'd be there more than a few hours, boys on the other hand it's like a twister has ripped through within minutes of getting there
Haha! Well described!
I tell mine in the time it takes them to argue with me about when & how they are going to put stuff away, they could have been done! But apparently they like to watch me lose my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!