Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Messy

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I try, but the jury is out!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

DISNEYSQUIRRELS

DIS Veteran
Are you a tidy or messy traveler? Does it make a difference if you are staying in a hotel room vs a rental home vs being invited to be a guest in someone's home?

I try to keep everyone tidy. Since we have 4 kids we don't have enough room to use the drawers for clean clothes. We leave our clothes in the suitcases and have dirty laundry bags hanging in the closet. I also put unused shoes in the closet so housekeeping can clean without tripping.

I'm tidy at home and on a trip. I can't stand clutter no matter where I am. As soon as we get to a hotel room, we decide where we are going to store our things.

Tidy. When it's just my daughter and I it's amazing how neat and tidy everything stays. She is a competitive softball player and we travel and stay in hotels a lot together. Even with all her catchers equipment and scuzzy dirty uniforms after games we're still able to keep things neat and tidy. Add in just one of my sons or my husband and the mess just happens. It drives me nuts! I often find myself constantly picking up the messes they create and in a ticked off mood because of it or surrendering and living in a tornado zone for the vacation.

We're going on a cruise soon with two cabins booked...I'm tempted to put Hubby in with the boys and have my daughter and I share to avoid the mess for one blissful week.

We used to be awful but have gotten so much better since having kids? I usually bag their outfits (socks, hair accessories, etc also goes in the bag) and it's helped keep the room SO much cleaner. I also feel like I need to thoroughly unpack immediately in order to keep things clean (and put the luggage away) and also have a laundry bag going in and out of the way spot.

Tidy.

I find that it makes our days
more organized and we run on schedule by keeping up with the neatness of our room.

It’s easier to deal with getting up
early for rope drop when there isn’t much chaos and everything has a place. A messy room can turn a morning routine into a hectic frenzy really quickly. I specifically bring soft storage bins for most everything and they can be folded in the suitcase for travel. I also bring a collapsing clothes hamper for dirty laundry as well. We fully unpack as soon as we can check in to our room and I take time to tidy up daily...15 minutes a day is really all it takes for me to keep our room in order.

I don’t even leave anything on the bathroom counter. Everything goes in the top drawer, gets put on a hanger, or stays in the suitcase. Nothing is left out.

Tidy.

I find that it makes our days
more organized and we run on schedule by keeping up with the neatness of our room.

It’s easier to deal with getting up
early for rope drop when there isn’t much chaos and everything has a place. A messy room can turn a morning routine into a hectic frenzy really quickly. I specifically bring soft storage bins for most everything and they can be folded in the suitcase for travel. I also bring a collapsing clothes hamper for dirty laundry as well. We fully unpack as soon as we can check in to our room and I take time to tidy up daily...15 minutes a day is really all it takes for me to keep our room in order.
That is so smart about the collapsible hamper

Well I'm going against most here I guess... We keep our house pretty clean. I make sure my laundry is always done, dishes are washed, and house picked up. I have 4 kids. But vacation...we are messy. I still do dishes and wash clothes when I can... But boy there is stuff everywhere. I do mean everywhere. Lol all I can figure is I don't have my storage here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!