Thanks for this walk through! So helpful!

Question, if you already had an AP, why do you have tickets that you are using towards renewing your AP? Is there something saved by doing it that way?

Since I have to have tickets to get free dining and my pass will expire while I'm there, I'm applying the cost of the ticket toward renewing my AP. In the past Disney offered a discount rate when you renew your pass. I hope this continues after October 16.

If I were to upgrade now, would I then not activate the annual passes until I arrive?

APs simply cannot be activated except in-person at WDW.
So, buying an AP in advance cannot cause it to "activate."

I read through all 272 pages, at first for information (I understand the info in the sticky pages are the most valuable) but then for reassurance of other's personal experiences as they upgraded their pre-purchased tickets to AP and finally, because I'm crazy. :tongue:

1. I'm in almost the same exact situation as @Jlynn619, we are going for 8 days in January and 6 days in December 2019. I had every intention of buying 8 day PH passes from an authorized retailer and then upgrading to AP in January. As I understood, prior to the announcement about post-October 16th tickets, this was the cheapest way to buy an AP?
2. Even though I had no intention of spending $2700+ on 3 AP at this time, I should just get my AP before October 16th because we have no idea what is coming?
3. Does anyone think AP will not be going up in price on October 16th?

So confusing isn't it? :confused3
With the ticket changes coming, I haven't read of annual passes increasing on the 16th. However, I'm sure they will be increasing soon with all the new things coming to Disney. Disney seems to like to increase ticket prices around February. I would be tempted to maybe try the cheaper passes and see what happens in January when you upgrade.
I'm not planning to take my trip until December 2019 and planning 2 trips in 2020. At that point Ill still be over that lower price point so I feel as though I might as well just buy the APs now.

I am interested if anyone has any further info on those AP prices or perhaps something I've missed?

OK Robo, here's a fun one... not sure if you have any info on this.

If I buy multi-day park tickets through the runDisney Group ticket outlet now for Wine and Dine race weekend (and separate tickets for Marathon weekend) will those tickets be subject to an increase in cost if the daily pricing at the gate is higher when we arrive?

Will I still be able to add-on days to those group tickets? And will the days be subject to the "daily price" at the time of add-on?

Thank you!

(all this uncertainty is making this planner's head hurt! :badpc::scared::guilty: )

So confusing isn't it? :confused3
With the ticket changes coming, I haven't read of annual passes increasing on the 16th. However, I'm sure they will be increasing soon with all the new things coming to Disney. Disney seems to like to increase ticket prices around February. I would be tempted to maybe try the cheaper passes and see what happens in January when you upgrade.
I'm not planning to take my trip until December 2019 and planning 2 trips in 2020. At that point Ill still be over that lower price point so I feel as though I might as well just buy the APs now.

I am interested if anyone has any further info on those AP prices or perhaps something I've missed?

@Jlynn619 SO confusing and frustrating!!
I know there is a whole thread on the ticket changes and another on AP speculation but I stopped reading them to read this one. My DH is SO over my trying to figure this all out. He wants me to just buy the AP and be done with it. I did get discounted gift cards from Target tonight in anticipation of buying the rest on the weekend and buying our AP on Monday. At least this way, I know I have the 5% gift card discount. There are so many variables between now and January. If AP prices went up between now and then, all the savings I anticipated by buying the discounted PH and bridging to AP might be lost and I really don't want to spend valuable vacation time going ticket booth to ticket booth trying to get the correct price either. It's become a part-time job second guessing my decisions. :worried:

OK Robo, here's a fun one... not sure if you have any info on this.

If I buy multi-day park tickets through the runDisney Group ticket outlet now for Wine and Dine race weekend (and separate tickets for Marathon weekend)
1. will those tickets be subject to an increase in cost if the daily pricing at the gate is higher when we arrive?

2. Will I still be able to add-on days to those group tickets?
3. And will the days be subject to the "daily price" at the time of add-on?

Thank you!

(all this uncertainty is making this planner's head hurt! :badpc::scared::guilty: )

1. Once you buy a ticket, you can use it, as-is, at no increase in cost.
2. I don't know. Could you do that before?
3. Likely so.

I don't think purchased tickets prior to October 16 will need to pay a price difference. At this time what is questionable is pricing when you want to add days to those tickets. That's why I went ahead and made our package 6 day tickets instead of four day. I wasn't sure about how adding days, upon arrival, would go. I called, about a week ago, and the CM told me there would always be a discount for longer stay tickets. At this point nobody knows how this will work, she said. If I recall correctly, Disney has not raised the AP prices twice a year.

@Jlynn619 SO confusing and frustrating!!
I know there is a whole thread on the ticket changes and another on AP speculation but I stopped reading them to read this one. My DH is SO over my trying to figure this all out. He wants me to just buy the AP and be done with it. I did get discounted gift cards from Target tonight in anticipation of buying the rest on the weekend and buying our AP on Monday. At least this way, I know I have the 5% gift card discount. There are so many variables between now and January. If AP prices went up between now and then, all the savings I anticipated by buying the discounted PH and bridging to AP might be lost and I really don't want to spend valuable vacation time going ticket booth to ticket booth trying to get the correct price either. It's become a part-time job second guessing my decisions. :worried:

I completely get it!
Oh and a side note....Someone had messaged me recently and told me that once the AP is in your MDX, even though it's not activated, you are still eligible for the shopping discounts. I haven't purchased my APs to verify this yet but that may be something that would be beneficial to check out prior to your trip.
Hope your trip is fabulous!

I completely get it!
Oh and a side note....Someone had messaged me recently and told me that once the AP is in your MDX, even though it's not activated, you are still eligible for the shopping discounts. I haven't purchased my APs to verify this yet but that may be something that would be beneficial to check out prior to your trip.
Hope your trip is fabulous!

That is correct!! I just purchased a limited edition magic band with the 20% discount online and I only have an non-activated Gold AP in my MDX

I read in this thread that if I want to upgrade my Canadian discount tickets to include Hoppers, I’ll have to pay the difference between the current gate price with hoppers and what I paid - and eat the discount. I have two questions:

1) If I try and upgrade after a day in the park (so, after the tickets are activated), will the cost be bridged? I’m wondering if the price I paid would still be evident once they’re activated.

2) If that’s a no-go, and there’s another Canadian resident offer going on while I’m there, would they charge me the difference between what I paid and the current discounted rate, or would it be the regular undiscounted price?

Thanks! Won’t make this mistake again. Ha.

Good golly. Tired of reading all this.

So, I thought I read earlier that AP pricing wasn't changing. Is there reason to believe it's changing?

I have an UT ticket in my cart right now for my Ds boyfriend. I'm buying his ticket for this trip and he was going to pay to upgrade it to AP in December when we are there. Should I just tell him we should buy the AP now?!?!?!?!

I read in this thread that if I want to upgrade my Canadian discount tickets to include Hoppers, I’ll have to pay the difference between the current gate price with hoppers and what I paid - and eat the discount. I have two questions:

1) If I try and upgrade after a day in the park (so, after the tickets are activated), will the cost be bridged? I’m wondering if the price I paid would still be evident once they’re activated.

2) If that’s a no-go, and there’s another Canadian resident offer going on while I’m there, would they charge me the difference between what I paid and the current discounted rate, or would it be the regular undiscounted price?

Thanks! Won’t make this mistake again. Ha.
1) It does not matter whether you do use or don't use the tickets before you upgrade.
That won't affect the price of the upgrade one way or the other (nor will it change the "evidence" of the price listed.)

2) No telling what kind of price will be asked for the upgrade. We don't know yet if there will be any change in policy.
You can always "ask nicely" for any kind of accommodation that may be possible.

Good golly. Tired of reading all this.

1. So, I thought I read earlier that AP pricing wasn't changing. Is there reason to believe it's changing?

2. I have an UT ticket in my cart right now for my Ds boyfriend. I'm buying his ticket for this trip and he was going to pay to upgrade it to AP in December when we are there. Should I just tell him we should buy the AP now?!?!?!?!

1. No matter what you might have read, we don't yet know when the AP prices will change.
They can change independently of the other kinds of tickets.
Could change the same day, or same week, or some time later.

2. If the intent is to buy an AP, it would make sense to not wait to do so, as we know (based on many years of keeping track) that at some point the
cost will go up. We just don't know when.
That said, its not my money in the "gamble."

1) It does not matter whether you do use or don't use the tickets before you upgrade.
That won't affect the price of the upgrade one way or the other (nor will it change the "evidence" of the price listed.)

2) No telling what kind of price will be asked for the upgrade. We don't know yet if there will be any change in policy.
You can always "ask nicely" for any kind of accommodation that may be possible.

Thanks, Robo. I’m sure these questions are exhausting. I appreciate the help!

Quick ticket question/problem... Small back story; with all the Disney site updates something happened to my account, our party tickets were all assigned to one person and when I went to move them it would not allow it. Finally I just made new names for each of us and moved them to those. This I guess opened the ability to add fast passes on them (Yay?) as I noticed when I went to move something. I presume they are not going to be usable tho, after some more research it sounds like this is possible by entering the park under the party ticket, but I have a problem... With all that happened to my account those three party tickets assigned to the new names have no cards or MBs assigned to them so really no way to enter the park is there? Just wanted to ask before I try to assign them back to the profiles with the MB/Cards, since I presume it will drop those 3 FPs.

With all that happened to my account those three party tickets assigned to the new names have no cards or MBs assigned to them so really no way to enter the park is there?
Stop by a ticket window and pick up plastic ticket cards to enter the party and FP lines.

Stop by a ticket window and pick up plastic ticket cards to enter the party and FP lines.

Hah! Thanks didn't even think of that. They sent plastic cards already but those got tied to the main profiles and cannot be moved, Will they still issue new ones if they already sent them?

What is also interesting is my DW's AP can be transferred to another profile even tho its been used, mine and DD cannot be... They sure got everything messed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!