The new ticketing structure is frustrating me.

We are heading back down 12/31 - 1/7. We are staying on property and purchasing passes from Park Savers, as we normally do. We were just planning to buy 3 day park hopper plus passes. 3 days in the parks and 3 in the water parks is just perfect for us. However, I am very confused by the valid use period. Since we are purchasing a 3 day pass with the first use day of 1/1 my understanding is the passes will expire on 1/5. Is this correct?

We still want to be able to use a pass on 1/6 so do we need to purchase 4 day passes instead? Or since we will be staying on property and the passes linked to our MDE account will it stay valid for the length of our stay?

Oh how I miss the days of automatic non expiration tickets on one pricing structure. It was so much simpler.

since we will be staying on property and the passes linked to our MDE account will it stay valid for the length of our stay?
Yes.

But, since you are buying the Park Hopper PLUS, that automatically adds an extra day (6th day) to your ticket validity, even without the WDW resort stay.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the information!! Right now it says that it's $120 a day x 2 days for the start date I'm looking at. I think that's pretty good. Is there any advantage in waiting, do the prices ever fluctuate or should I consider buying now? @Robo sorry I added onto my response. Do you mind giving a suggestion since I don't know much about park ticket costs. Thanks again.
It is highly unlikely that the prices will go down.
It is certainly possible that they could go up.
If and when... is just a GUESS.
So, if you know that you will be going, not much advantage in waiting.

Hello I’m really confused and hoping someone can help me. We booked a package from 9/14-9/20 with 6 day hoppers, then we are doing one night at Fort Wilderness. We aren’t going to the parks 9/14 and 9/17. I thought we would be able to use our last day on the 21st (the day we check out of Fort Wildreness) but I just realized our tickets say they are only valid through the 20th. Do we need to add another day to the tickets even though we will still only be using 6?

Hello I’m really confused and hoping someone can help me. We booked a package from 9/14-9/20 with 6 day hoppers, then we are doing one night at Fort Wilderness. We aren’t going to the parks 9/14 and 9/17. I thought we would be able to use our last day on the 21st (the day we check out of Fort Wildreness) but I just realized our tickets say they are only valid through the 20th. Do we need to add another day to the tickets even though we will still only be using 6?
Any unused "day" still left on your 6-day tickets will still be valid on 9/21.
A 6-Day Ticket is valid on any 6 days within a 9 day period beginning on the start date.

Any unused "day" still left on your 6-day tickets will still be valid on 9/21.
A 6-Day Ticket is valid on any 6 days within a 9 day period beginning on the start date.
Thank you! That’s what I thought from reading here, but the valid through date threw me off. I appreciate the reply.

Thank you! That’s what I thought from reading here, but the valid through date threw me off. I appreciate the reply.
I just realized our tickets say they are only valid through the 20th.
This has become a VERY common situation since the new "dated" tickets have been around.
It likely comes from inaccurate software writing on the part of Disney resorts.

Question. Family of 3 (2A, 1 child - 10yo). Currently have a free dining pkg but are considering arriving 1 day earlier.

If they are unable to add 1 night to their current pkg and choose to book a 1 night room only reservation, can they use their current tickets (6 day tickets with PH+) on their arrival day (room only day) or, would the need to add the flex option to do this?

I’m going in Dec during a gold blackout period. Can I upgrade my regular eight day ticket online to a gold pass or do I need to visit guest services?

Also, later in the year, should I decide to travel during another gold black out period, can I upgrade again to a premier pass? Can that be done online? Or must it be done in person?

I’m going in Dec during a gold blackout period.
1. Can I upgrade my regular eight day ticket online to a gold pass
2. or do I need to visit guest services?
Also, later in the year,
3. should I decide to travel during another gold black out period, can I upgrade again to a premier pass?
4. Can that be done online? Or must it be done in person?
1. From whom and when did you get your regular eight day ticket?
2. The answer to that question is that you CAN upgrade an eligible ticket in-person.
3. Yes.
4. I don't know.

1. From whom and when did you get your regular eight day ticket?
2. The answer to that question is that you CAN upgrade an eligible ticket in-person.
3. Yes.
4. I don't know.
I would get the eight day ticket from Disney if it meant upgrading would be quick and easy.

I would get the eight day ticket from Disney if it meant upgrading would be quick and easy.
You can generally upgrade a ticket purchased directly from Disney.
You might have to CALL to do an upgrade to an AP certificate.

However, the thing to note is that even IF you can upgrade to AP before your trip,
you will STILL need to go to Guest Relations and show photo ID to "activate" the AP, and pick up your AP ID card, so that's not much different than just doing the upgrade from the ticket at the same time.

You can generally upgrade a ticket purchased directly from Disney.
You might have to CALL to do an upgrade to an AP certificate.

However, the thing to note is that even IF you can upgrade to AP before your trip,
you will STILL need to go to Guest Relations and show photo ID to "activate" the AP, and pick up your AP ID card, so that's not much different than just doing the upgrade from the ticket at the same time.
I’m honestly not sure what I should do. The gold pass could work if I buy the regular eight day ticket and then upgrade on the last day of my trip in December/January. I have trips in April and June. However, if I end up going one more time in December 2020, the gold pass will not work and I’d need to upgrade to a premier.

Wondering if I should just start with the premier and not have to worry about bridging and upgrading at all. I miss the days when an annual pass was actually an annual pass.

I’m honestly not sure what I should do. The gold pass could work if I buy the regular eight day ticket and then upgrade on the last day of my trip in December/January. I have trips in April and June. However, if I end up going one more time in December 2020, the gold pass will not work and I’d need to upgrade to a premier.

Wondering if I should just start with the premier and not have to worry about bridging and upgrading at all. I miss the days when an annual pass was actually an annual pass.
I wouldn't worry about being able to upgrade, especially from one level of AP to another.

I wouldn't worry about being able to upgrade, especially from one level of AP to another.
So buy the gold and should my future plans require the premier, just deal with that through Disney in the future? Wouldn’t my ability to make fast passes be hindered?

1. So buy the gold and should my future plans require the premier, just deal with that through Disney in the future?

2. Wouldn’t my ability to make fast passes be hindered?
1. That's a money-saving option.
2. Yup. Unless you can upgrade in advance via a phone call.
(You could call right now and ask if that's possible.)

1. That's a money-saving option.
2. Yup. Unless you can upgrade in advance via a phone call.
(You could call right now and ask if that's possible.)
The upgrade is possible but it must be done in person. It would affect my ability to make fast passes. I asked the woman on the phone for December 2020 block out dates, but I’m pretty sure she quoted me December 2019 blockout dates.

The upgrade is possible but it must be done in person. It would affect my ability to make fast passes. I asked the woman on the phone for December 2020 block out dates, but I’m pretty sure she quoted me December 2019 blockout dates.
Call again.
Ask a different CM both questions.

Question. Family of 3 (2A, 1 child - 10yo). Currently have a free dining pkg but are considering arriving 1 day earlier.

If they are unable to add 1 night to their current pkg and choose to book a 1 night room only reservation, can they use their current tickets (6 day tickets with PH+) on their arrival day (room only day) or, would the need to add the flex option to do this?

See THIS thread on the open board.
There may be more replies as time passes.

Call again.
Ask a different CM both questions.
I did. They don’t know blockout dates for Dec 2020.

However, the AP help desk told me that a new procedure rolled out last week. I will be able to upgrade from a gold to a premier pass via telephone. This enables a guest to make fast passes in advance. Just call ticketing and they will do it. Might be useful information for others.

I’m going with the gold. I’ll buy a regular ticket (from a reseller) and upgrade it once the blackout period ends in January.

If we decide to travel in Dec 2020, I’ll upgrade then. No need to spend $1000 extra (there are five of us) unless I absolutely know I’ll need the Premier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter