Hello, we are DVC members and are planning on visiting 12/26-12/30 (Staying offsite).. If we buy reg park tickets for those dates, can we upgrade to Gold and when should we? How much credit would we get from the tickets towards the GOLD AP ? We are planning on a June 2020 onsite stay for 6 days. Hope I explained this correctly ?

Hello, we are DVC members and are planning on visiting 12/26-12/30 (Staying offsite).. If we buy reg park tickets for those dates,

1. can we upgrade to Gold and
2. when should we?
3. How much credit would we get from the tickets towards the GOLD AP ?
1. Yes.
2. Any time during your trip.
Right after you enter the first park, your "Upgrade to AP" option should appear in your MDX account.
(That's a great way to do the upgrade, as the correct upgrade price should automatically appear there.)
3. The difference price between the ticket that you HAVE (with tax) and the ticket that you WANT (with tax.)
The cost and procedure to update is found in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

You can save money if you buy your regular tickets from an authorized ticket discounter, then upgrade to AP.

Would we be able to use the AP for the time we are there 12/26-12/30 if we upgrade on the 1st day ?
Thanks

I previously moved my unexpired, Disney-purchased, 3 day Park Hopper to a family member, who is part of my planning party, and whose account I manage. The ticket was not from a package - just a direct outright purchase. I now want to transfer that ticket back to my account, but when I log into their account and select my eligible name from the drop down list, I repeatedly (for more than one week) receive this message:

We were unable to reassign this ticket. Please try again later.

1. Are there any ideas why this is happening? (The ticket shows as being eligible for transfer)
2. Will I just need to call Disney's ticketing?
Have the family member to whom you transferred the ticket log in, and have that guest transfer the ticket back to you.
If that's not working,
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Last edited:

It looks like the least expensive tickets for our trip will be the convention tickets. We can purchase these for up to 8 days, but we plan to stay 10 days. will we be able to upgrade these to a 10 day ticket? TIA
You might be able to do so, but you would end up having to pay the full price for just buying the 10 day tickets to begin with. (And, you'd not be able to make FP+ 30-60 days in advance for the final two days.)

Better plan is to just buy the actual tickets that you want from an authorized ticket discounter.

Have the family member to whom you transferred the ticket log in, and have that guest transfer the ticket back to you.
If that's not working,
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
Already tried option #1 multiple times; so, WDW Ticketing it is!
Thanks for the reply.

1. Doesn’t the Gold AP have the year-end blocked out?
2. If so, I think @ton80 should wait to upgrade until either 1) the block-out period ends or 2) their last day if before the block-out ends.

Enjoy your vacation!
1. Sorry, I have no idea.
(I didn't know that was the nature of the question, since it was not framed as a "can we upgrade to and use a ticket/AP that is blacked out?")
2. Yup.

Thanks, @lanejudy.

I know this is an old thread, but on the Stars and Stripes Length of Stay tickets, do you have to show proof of staying on property to get them? I'd like to get them for a trip next year, but it's too early to book room reservations (DVC).

I know this is an old thread, but on the Stars and Stripes Length of Stay tickets, do you have to show proof of staying on property to get them? I'd like to get them for a trip next year, but it's too early to book room reservations (DVC).
Moved you from that Outdated Thread to this Ticket Sticky for assistance.

Hello, we are DVC members and are planning on visiting 12/26-12/30 (Staying offsite).. If we buy reg park tickets for those dates, can we upgrade to Gold and when should we? How much credit would we get from the tickets towards the GOLD AP ? We are planning on a June 2020 onsite stay for 6 days. Hope I explained this correctly ?
Would we be able to use the AP for the time we are there 12/26-12/30 if we upgrade on the 1st day ?
Thanks
Doesn’t the Gold AP have the year-end blocked out? If so, I think @ton80 should wait to upgrade until either 1) the block-out period ends or 2) their last day if before the block-out ends.

Enjoy your vacation!
1. Sorry, I have no idea.
(I didn't know that was the nature of the question, since it was not framed as a "can we upgrade to and use a ticket/AP that is blacked out?")
2. Yup.

Thanks, @lanejudy.

@lanejudy is correct, DVC Gold passes are blocked out for their dates. So they should wait until the last day they’re there and upgrade after they enter the last park.

The good news is that all their PhotoPass pics will be there from the beginning of their stay, and they’ll be able to download them for free!

Thanks. Just to clarify, my question is regarding the Stars and Strips Length of Stay tickets available for military at Shades of Green.
@vek239 ~ You may want to copy/paste your post and add it to the Shades of Green thread on the Disney Resorts Board. 😊

We bought 7 day park hopper Tickets starting October 1 with an intention to possibly upgrade them at that time if we decided an Annual Pass made sense. Well, now we are thinking of a spontaneous trip to Orlando for end of July/beginning of August. I haven't really been find to see anything addressing upgrading "future" tickets to an Annual Pass now, but am sure there is some way. Should I be able to go to a Ticket office/Guest Service (such as Disney Springs) on day of arrival and upgrade the future tickets to an Annual Pass that we can immediately use or is there going to be any issue? Anything I can/should do before then to make it easier? I wish I could just call and upgrade right now to an Annual Pass, but I'm pretty sure that's not an option?

We bought 7 day park hopper Tickets starting October 1 with an intention to possibly upgrade them at that time if we decided an Annual Pass made sense. Well, now we are thinking of a spontaneous trip to Orlando for end of July/beginning of August.
I haven't really been find to see anything addressing upgrading "future" tickets to an Annual Pass now,
1. but am sure there is some way.
2. Should I be able to go to a Ticket office/Guest Service (such as Disney Springs) on day of arrival and upgrade the future tickets to an Annual Pass that we can immediately use
3. or is there going to be any issue? Anything I can/should do before then to make it easier?
4. I wish I could just call and upgrade right now to an Annual Pass,
5. but I'm pretty sure that's not an option?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You MIGHT have to pay to change the date on your current tickets to the date that you
are actually "activating" them. (I don't know if that would even be necessary, or (if there even WAS a price difference) the CM can simply "fold that into the cost of the AP upgrade.)
4. Did you buy your current tickets directly from Disney?
5. I would absolutely call and ask.

Ok I came here for help because I just talked to a CM on the phone about tickets and I honestly didn't understand what she was saying. So I have booked a resort stay at Disney World, we have never done that before. We booked only the hotel at this time. We have not bought any park tickets yet (2 Adults). Our trip is in May 2020, we are going to Epcot for Flower & Garden Festival and to Magic Kingdom. We are only doing 2 park days. We planned on buying the tickets in the future, maybe a few months from now. However, I'm honestly confused about the best way to purchase tickets. I tried to ask the CM what happens if we purchase the tickets for a certain day, but instead choose to go to the park another day instead (example bad weather). Then she started to talk about packages and I got more confused. Sorry, I'm not an expert in this at all. I see that tickets are priced differently per day, but we can still use the tickets on any day right if we decided to go another day? Since we would not be getting special event tickets, just regular admission park tickets. If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

We are only doing 2 park days.
1. I see that tickets are priced differently per day,
2. but we can still use the tickets on any day right if we decided to go another day?
1. They can be priced differently based on the "start date" of the ticket that you buy.
2. You can use them within a certain time frame beginning on the "start date" of the ticket you buy.
For example, a "Two-day ticket can be used on any two days
WITHIN a length of FOUR days beginning the "start date" of the ticket you buy.

So, if you bought a 2-day ticket with a start date of May 11,
you could use that ticket on any two days starting May 11 through May 14.

That said,
If you are staying at a WDW Resort, any unused days on your 2-day ticket will stay valid through the end of that WDW resort stay.

Last edited:
1. They can be priced differently based on the "start date" of the ticket that you buy.
2. You can use them within a certain time frame beginning on the "start date" of the ticket you buy.
For example, a "Two-day ticket can be used on any two days
WITHIN a length of FOUR days beginning the "start date" of the ticket you buy.

So, if you bought a 2-day ticket with a start date of May 11,
you could use that ticket on any two days starting May 11 through May 14.

That said,
If you are staying at a WDW Resort, any unused days on your 2-day ticket will stay valid through the end of that WDW resort stay.

Thank you so much for the information!! Right now it says that it's $120 a day x 2 days for the start date I'm looking at. I think that's pretty good. Is there any advantage in waiting, do the prices ever fluctuate or should I consider buying now? @Robo sorry I added onto my response. Do you mind giving a suggestion since I don't know much about park ticket costs. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!