Can u upgrade ticket to AP if included in Pkg? I was told no today by Guest Services @ MK. I’m just making sure I didn’t get the wrong answer and need to talk to someone else.

TIA😊

1. Can u upgrade ticket to AP if included in Pkg?
2. I was told no today by Guest Services @ MK.
3. I’m just making sure I didn’t get the wrong answer and need to talk to someone else.

TIA😊
1. Yes.
2. As long as you are already "checked in" to your resort, you certainly can upgrade a WDW Pkg, ticket.
3. You DID get a wrong answer and you need to talk to someone else.

ACTUALLY, if you are already "checked in" to the resort,
AND, you have used the package ticket to go into a theme park, you SHOULD be able
to upgrade your ticket to AP right inside your MDX account.
It will automatically give you the right amount for the upgrade and you should be able to
complete the upgrade in a matter of minutes.

If I upgrade to an annual pass and my adult grandson does not and he travels with me all the time we go to disney my question is can I link him to the memory maker on my AP for photo ops?

If I have an unused ticket on my account can the value of it be applied to upgrading my husband to an AP? The ticket hasn’t been used. He has a 7 day ticket and I have an AP (plus the unused admission ticket on my account)

AND, you have used the package ticket to go into a theme park, you SHOULD be able
It will automatically give you the right amount for the upgrade and you should be able to

this is awesome information, thank you

If I have an unused ticket on my account can the value of it be applied to upgrading my husband to an AP? The ticket hasn’t been used. He has a 7 day ticket and I have an AP (plus the unused admission ticket on my account)
Yes. (But, only ONE ticket can be used to do an upgrade to ONE new AP.)
Transfer the unused ticket to his name in the MDX account.
Then, he can upgrade it to a new AP for himself.

But, again, he cannot use TWO tickets in an upgrade transaction to ONE new ticket/AP.
You or he can continue to save an unused ticket to help pay for an upgrade, or renewal, or purchase of a new current ticket in the "future" (even if the saved ticket has "expired.")

Sorry I feel like I ask so many questions lately!

Am I correct in assuming you can not upgrade a package ticket to an AP before arrival?

Sorry I feel like I ask so many questions lately!

Am I correct in assuming you can not upgrade a package ticket to an AP before arrival?
You can.
But, not if you are needing the keep the regular tickets for a package "requirement" like "Free Dining."
And, if you want to change EVERYONE in the party to AP, you can do that.

Your other option is to call and drop the "package" tickets entirely, book "room only" and then just buy whatever kind of ticket or AP for each member of your party, individually.

You can.
But, not if you are needing the keep the regular tickets for a package "requirement" like "Free Dining."
And, if you want to change EVERYONE in the party to AP, you can do that.

Your other option is to call and drop the "package" tickets entirely, book "room only" and then just buy whatever kind of ticket or AP for each member of your party, individually.
Thank you as always! Ok may give a call tomorrow then!

I got a room/ticket package and the room is ridiculously cheap, so I’m not sure I may need to have he tickets... no free dining so I’m not sure...

@Robo thank you again!

I called and was able to make the changes I needed/wanted! Your help is always so appreciated and helpful!

1. Yes.
2. As long as you are already "checked in" to your resort, you certainly can upgrade a WDW Pkg, ticket.
3. You DID get a wrong answer and you need to talk to someone else.

Grrr, talked to CM @ MK/HS both gave same answer. I then tried to upgrade in MDX. It gave me the option to upgrade along w/ price difference; however, it prompted an alert saying ticket not available for upgrade @ checkout.

Grrr, talked to CM @ MK/HS both gave same answer. I then tried to upgrade in MDX. It gave me the option to upgrade along w/ price difference; however, it prompted an alert saying ticket not available for upgrade @ checkout.
What "kind" of package do you have.
What resort?
What "kind" of ticket do you have.
How many days?
How and when did you book the package?

Don't give up, yet.
Did you try to upgrade on a smart phone?
Did you try to upgrade using the APP?
Did you try to upgrade via a web browser using the WEBSITE?

Now to see what the renewal price is and if I will be renewing this year!409890
Still working on this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter