If you purchased a MYW ticket, as long as the ticket has not been used to enter any park gate,
it is considered "unused" and remains valid forever.
In addition to being held by the guest for future use, an "unused" ticket can be given or sold to anyone.

I am going to OKW for Thanksgiving with children and grandchildren (big group). We will be buying a lot of tickets (8) and getting them before the next price increase (Feb.?) should save a lot. However, you never know when someone may have to cancel their trip and before we put down a lot of money I want to know if the unused tickets can be used on a future trip. Before I found the above post about MYW tickets having no expiration date I had called Disney to see what the expiration date on unused tickets actually is. The Disney CM told me that unused "non-discounted" MYW tickets would not expire, but when I inquired what "non-discounted" actually meant I did not get a clear answer. I explained to her that I often buy tickets through AAA, and needed to know if this would be considered a discounted ticket and therefore expire at some point. I did not feel comfortable with her answer. She did not say tickets bought from resellers would be recognized. AAA gives a small discount over Disney prices. Does anyone know if I have to buy directly from Disney to be sure the tickets won't expire? Thanks.

so the APS include all photopass downloads but does that include ride photos and videos or are those only included if you purchase the memeory maker package extra?

AFAIK, you get all the pics and videos with the AP.

Okay follow me here...we currently have tickets
1. we are going to upgrade to APs after we arrive
2. (at the park after we have entered to take advantage of price bridging) in May.
3. The current AP benefits offer 20% off four of our 8 table service restaurants and 10% off at the other 4. Additionally, the current AP benefits offer 20% off of two quick service locations we plan on hitting. So, for our may trip we would just use our AP discount for dining and still receive 20% off at 4 table service (Spirit of Aloha, Coral Reef, Cape Map and Tiffins), two quick service (Commissary and Backlot Express) and 10% off the other 4 table service locations (CRT, Boma, Sci Fi & Marrekesh)
4. We have another trip next January and my thought is to wait until that trip to purchase the TiW so I could use those benefits through January 2019. I'm basically thinking I would get better value out of one trip with AP benefits, one trip with AP and TiW discounts then after my APs expire I can use the TiW discount until Jan 2019.

1. Sounds good.
2. There is no need to use the tickets before you upgrade.
But, it won't HURT if you do use the tickets before you upgrade.
3. Sorry, but I can't help with dining plans or discount cards.
(We never use them. We lose money due to the high cost.) I only mention them in regard to APs.
4. Sounds logical. As always, do the math before you buy.

It's been a while since we had AP's but this has me confused...so the APS include all photopass downloads but does that include ride photos and videos or are those only included if you purchase the memory maker package extra?

All means all - if ride photos and videos weren't included, it wouldn't be all. ;)

Thanks...the interchanging of the words memory maker and photopass now get me a little confused I guess.

Thanks to Siskaren & Robo for the answer on unexpired tickets. Disney not only mixes words but often confuses people. I could not understand why the CM had to say "non discounted" tickets never expire without giving a clear answer as to what that meant. I assume she was reading from a script. Disney not only mixes words but uses terms with no clear explanation as to the intent. Thank you again.

Hi Robo-thank you so much for your info & instruction over the years! You are very much appreciated!

Quick question: On the one day passes, if I purchased a few RIGHT BEFORE they got "complicated" with seasons/dates/parks, etc.. and added the expiration dates--would those still be non-expiring? Or would they require paying the upcharge?

Love this post, I am always looking for information on what is included in the different types of tickets!

Super helpful! :stitch2:

Hi Robo-thank you so much for your info & instruction over the years! You are very much appreciated!

Quick question: On the one day passes, if I purchased a few RIGHT BEFORE they got "complicated" with seasons/dates/parks, etc.. and added the expiration dates--would those still be non-expiring? Or would they require paying the upcharge?
You can still use them as-is for park admission.

I have a quick ticket question. Due to the WDW Half Marathon being canceled, DW received two complimentary one day park hopper passes.

This morning, I was able to go into my MDE account and assign one to me and one to her. No problems at all.

We plan on being in town again next year for WDW Marathon Weekend. Our plan right now will probably be on going to AK (hopping on Thursday) and Epcot (post Marathon on Sunday). When 2018 packages come available for booking, this means we would need to add another one day ticket to our package. So in my MDE account, we would each have a one day park hopper ticket, and a one day normal ticket.

My question is that when we go to enter AK on that first day, how will the system know what ticket we want to use? We want to be able to use the park hopper ticket that first day.

I also assume that since both tickets will be linked to my MDE account, that we will have no issues making FP+ reservations 60 days out for either ticket.

My question is that when we go to enter AK on that first day, how will the system know what ticket we want to use? We want to be able to use the park hopper ticket that first day.

Come to the ticket booths or Guest Relations outside DAK before you enter the park and ask the people sitting in the windows to prioritize whichever ticket you want to use on that day.

In the past you were able to access your theme park tickets that were attached to a package reservation 3 days early to get in the parks. Is that still possible? Where do you go to activate the tickets?

In the past you were able to access your theme park tickets that were attached to a package reservation 3 days early to get in the parks. Is that still possible? Where do you go to activate the tickets?
You can now activate "package" tickets up to 10 days early. The activation can be done at Ticket Windows or Guest Relations.

Not sure if you guys will be able to answer this but if anyone can it would be you. I purchased UT tickets for a family trip in August. My oldest son won't know if he can go until probably last minute. My question is, if I link his ticket to him through MDE and he doesn't go, can I then transfer his ticket for someone else? We are staying on site and I would like to be able to make fastpass in advance but can't do that without everyone in my party having a valid ticket.

if I link his ticket to him through MDE and he doesn't go, can I then transfer his ticket for someone else?
Yes. A linked ticket that has yet to be used can be reassigned to anyone listed in your MDE. Alternatively, you can Edit and change your son's name to the person who will be using the tickets.

I feel stupid even asking this question, but here goes. I want to purchase an AP for our trip this Thanksgiving. It I don't activate it right away, when does the year timeline begin? I have already purchased regular tickets for the rest of the family to avoid the anticipated price increase, but if my year starts ticking from date of purchase, I guess I need to wait.

I feel stupid even asking this question, but here goes. I want to purchase an AP for our trip this Thanksgiving. It I don't activate it right away, when does the year timeline begin? I have already purchased regular tickets for the rest of the family to avoid the anticipated price increase, but if my year starts ticking from date of purchase, I guess I need to wait.

The year starts when you activate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter