Thanks so much Robo. From what I understand all tickets will now have an expiration date. Do all companies offer the same expiration date or is it best to call. For example Maple Leaf doesn't mention e tickets but states activate tickets by February 2019. Purchase direct from WDW use before 12/19. This is so different in the sense you now have to worry about the fact that if you have to cancel your trip what happens if you need to go in 2020.

Thanks so much Robo.
1. From what I understand all tickets will now have an expiration date.
2. Do all companies offer the same expiration date or is it best to call. For example Maple Leaf doesn't mention e tickets but states activate tickets by February 2019.
3. Purchase direct from WDW use before 12/19.
4. This is so different in the sense you now have to worry about the fact that if you have to cancel your trip what happens if you need to go in 2020.
1. Yes. That's been he case for a few years, now.
2. You need to check.
3. That date can change, depending on when a ticket is purchased.
4. The original "Disney value" for a "never-used but expired" ticket CAN be applied toward the purchase of a
NEW ticket of your choice at which time that you do make a trip to WDW.
(This very likely can only be done while the guest is physically at WDW... but we don't know that, for sure.)

That's helpful. Makes me feel better knowing I can use it toward another tickets if it expires. Again, thanks. We all need to take you to lunch!!

That's helpful. Makes me feel better knowing I can use it toward another tickets if it expires. Again, thanks. We all need to take you to lunch!!

Aw shucks.jpeg

You're welcome, katallo!

Yesterday morning I purchased 10-day park hoppers from a 3rd party vendor for our trip. Last night, I found out 2 of the people I bought tickets for might not be going. :crazy2:

Is there anything I can do with those extra tickets while we are there next May that would allow us to use them to become valid future tickets? For example, could we put the value of those tickets toward AP vouchers for future use? Is there anything else you can think of that we could do with the value of those tickets? We were only planning to go once in 2019, so we need to do something with them to make them useful for 2020 or beyond if at all possible.

Thanks!

Yesterday morning I purchased 10-day park hoppers from a 3rd party vendor for our trip. Last night, I found out 2 of the people I bought tickets for might not be going.
Is there anything I can do with those extra tickets while we are there next May that would allow us to use them to become valid future tickets? For example,
1. could we put the value of those tickets toward AP vouchers for future use?
2. Is there anything else you can think of that we could do with the value of those tickets? We were only planning to go once in 2019, so we need to do something with them to make them useful for 2020 or beyond if at all possible.
1. Yes.
2. The original "Disney value" for a "never-used but expired" ticket CAN be applied toward the purchase of a NEW ticket of your choice at which time that you do make a trip to WDW.
(This very likely can only be done while the guest is physically at WDW... but we don't know that, for sure.)

Guess I have to make a decision on tickets. How concerned should I be about Disney changing its upgrade policy - not the bridging part, but the ability to upgrade a third-party ticket to an annual pass at all? I'm buying park hoppers for a trip 2/27-3/3, with the probability of upgrading (upon arrival) to a Platinum Pass that I could use for December 2019. A few questions...

Would I be safer buying them direct through Disney?

If I bought from UT, could I buy the refundable hard tickets if I plan to activate them on 2/28 (which, I believe, is the very last day before they expire). Do they need to be activated by 2/28 or completely used by 2/28? I'd need them through 3/3 and want to make sure tickets would be good for entire trip and I could reserve FPs in advance.

I really hate all these unknowns!!! So stressful!

I know that nobody knows for certain but still going to ask....;)

Is it really a thought they might not allow upgrade of tickets to AP's?

Second question on my math, assuming they will (our trip is coming up in early November). If we get a 10 day hopper from UCT it looks like the cost to upgrade to a Gold AP would be $73.49 per adult? Current pre-purchase Disney 10 day hopper price is $553.80 including the tax. Gold AP is $627.29 including tax. Just want to verify I'm not missing some other point in the cost.

I know that nobody knows for certain but still going to ask....;)

1. Is it really a thought they might not allow upgrade of tickets to AP's?

Second question on my math, assuming they will (our trip is coming up in early November). If we get a 10 day hopper from UCT it looks like the cost to upgrade to a Gold AP would be $73.49 per adult? Current pre-purchase Disney 10 day hopper price is $553.80 including the tax.
Gold AP is $627.29 including tax. Just want to verify I'm not missing some other point in the cost.

1. Not by anyone who pays attention to WDW ticket practices.

2. If those numbers are correct, $73.49 is the CURRENT (as of today) upgrade cost.
We don't know if the AP price will be that on the day you upgrade.

Guess I have to make a decision on tickets.
1. How concerned should I be about Disney changing its upgrade policy - not the bridging part, but the ability to upgrade a third-party ticket to an annual pass at all? I'm buying park hoppers for a trip 2/27-3/3, with the probability of upgrading (upon arrival) to a Platinum Pass that I could use for December 2019. A few questions...

2. Would I be safer buying them direct through Disney?

3. If I bought from UT, could I buy the refundable hard tickets if I plan to activate them on 2/28 (which, I believe, is the very last day before they expire).
4. Do they need to be activated by 2/28 or completely used by 2/28? I'd need them through 3/3 and want to make sure tickets would be good for entire trip and I could reserve FPs in advance.

I really hate all these unknowns!!! So stressful!

1. Doesn't sound like it'll be a "thing" to me. (But, I don't have any inside scoops.)
2. Not in my opinion.
3. You could.
4. First day of use.

I have a Platinum Plus AP right now that expires in December. I'm planning on buying tickets this weekend to apply towards a new AP. I'm DVC so I'd like to downgrade to the Gold AP. Would I still qualify for the 15% discount on an AP renewal? I tried using the Disney website, and I'm not given that option. I'm thinking I'd have to do this at guest services.

I have a Platinum Plus AP right now that expires in December. I'm planning on buying tickets this weekend to apply towards a new AP.
I'm DVC so I'd like to downgrade to the Gold AP.
1. Would I still qualify for the 15% discount on an AP renewal?
2. I tried using the Disney website, and I'm not given that option.
3. I'm thinking I'd have to do this at guest services.
1. Yes.
2. Yup.
3. Guest RELATIONS (or any ticket window or Will Call window) but, yes.

for the first time ever, we're not booking a WDW package through Disney but instead I've bought ticket through UT and I've successfully linked them to my MDE account - we're going for 4 days in Feb. 19. Here's my question...DH and I both have 2 (each) active magicbands and the UT website said if I have active magicbands I don't need to take my order # to customer relations to get my tickets activated but is that 100% correct?

and do I just bring with us the magicbands we want and then our tickets will be linked to them when we get to MK that first day??

it seems too easy to be true!??!!

thanks!

We are going to Disney Dec 29-Jan 3 and have regular 4 day tickets. We would like to upgrade to DVC annual pass on our way out of the park on our last park day.

Is there any issue upgrading a ticket used in the black out period to a gold pass not available for use in the blackout period?

for the first time ever, we're not booking a WDW package through Disney but instead I've bought ticket through UT and I've successfully linked them to my MDE account - we're going for 4 days in Feb. 19. Here's my question...DH and I both have 2 (each) active magicbands and the UT website said
1. if I have active magicbands I don't need to take my order # to customer relations to get my tickets activated but is that 100% correct?

2. and do I just bring with us the magicbands we want and then our tickets will be linked to them when we get to MK that first day??

1. Yup.
2. Any tickets that are seen in your MDX account are already accessible via any MagicBand that is active in your MDX account.

We are going to Disney Dec 29-Jan 3 and have regular 4 day tickets. We would like to upgrade to DVC annual pass on our way out of the park on our last park day.

Is there any issue upgrading a ticket used in the black out period to a gold pass not available for use in the blackout period?

Nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter