Guests must first go to any WDW ticket booth or Guest Relations (along with a legal photo ID) to purchase an AP, or get their pre-ordered AP certificate activated before that AP can be used at a park.
By "Guest Relations" can someone please confirm that this includes the Guest Relations desk at Kidani Village?

By "Guest Relations" can someone please confirm that this includes the Guest Relations desk at Kidani Village?

"Guest Relations" refers to the locations outside and inside the four main theme parks as well as the Disney Springs welcome center location. Ticket windows are outside the four main theme parks as well as the water parks.

I would not trust a resort Guest Services location to activate AP certificates (based on how many ticket problems I fix that are caused by hotels telling guests with certificates that they're "good to go!"), and I don't even know if they can.

That is a Resort Concierge (or Guest Services) location.
Resorts can't deal directly with AP matters.

(See the plum colored lines at the bottom of my signature below for more
in that regard.)

Annual pass expiration date question. I believe it is 366 days from first visit use. I upgraded an eight day hopper that I’d started using on May 15th. May 16th next year was written on my card as last day for me to use AP. But the app says it’s good for May 17th. I know the app is glitchy so I am not relying on that date but it would be awesome if I could!

Annual pass expiration date question. I believe it is 366 days from first visit use. I upgraded an eight day hopper that I’d started using on May 15th. May 16th next year was written on my card as last day for me to use AP. But the app says it’s good for May 17th. I know the app is glitchy so I am not relying on that date but it would be awesome if I could!

It's not actually 366 days FROM your first-use (first visit) date.
It is more clearly stated as, "366 days, INCLUDING your first-use date."

The TRUE last day of an AP upgraded from a ticket that was first used on May 15, 2018 would be through the end of the day on May 15, 2019.

Whether that WILL actually BE your end-use date ("anniversary date") only time will tell.

It's not actually 366 days FROM your first-use (first visit) date.
It is more clearly stated as, "366 days, INCLUDING your first-use date."

The TRUE last day of an AP upgraded from a ticket that was first used on May 15, 2018 would be through the end of the day on May 15, 2019.

Whether that WILL actually BE your end-use date ("anniversary date") only time will tell.

Thanks. As I booked my last trip for use on the AP to include the 16th because the cast member told me (as she wrote the 16th) that would my last day to “use” it, maybe I should call. I splurged on a DVC rental for that date so I better get it straight ASAP.
Also, if there are issues, would you think it could be argued since it is written on card?

Thanks. As I booked my last trip for use on the AP to include the 16th because the cast member told me (as she wrote the 16th) that would my last day to “use” it, maybe I should call. I splurged on a DVC rental for that date so I better get it straight ASAP.
Also, if there are issues, would you think it could be argued since it is written on card?

It is POSSIBLE that the CM who did the upgrade manually entered May 16th.
Regardless, you can always "ask nicely" for anything that you desire/require.

It is POSSIBLE that the CM who did the upgrade manually entered May 16th.
Regardless, you can always "ask nicely" for anything that you desire/require.

Yes. I didn’t mean argue in a mean way I just mean argue the date :)

That is a Resort Concierge (or Guest Services) location.
Resorts can't deal directly with AP matters.

(See the plum colored lines at the bottom of my signature below for more
in that regard.)
I, and other posters, have asked about upgrading a ticket not purchased through Disney to an AP. The answer I get is it can only be done at guest relations (parks or Disney Springs). I was told if I can't do it online they can't do it over the phone.
Is there a "special phone number" or "magic phrase" that can make it happen. The CMs were all nice. I have no doubt if they knew how do to it they would. Do you know of a way to call guest relations, or at least the equivalent, to process the purchase?

I, and other posters, have asked about upgrading a ticket not purchased through Disney to an AP. The answer I get is it can only be done at guest relations (parks or Disney Springs). I was told if I can't do it online they can't do it over the phone.
Is there a "special phone number" or "magic phrase" that can make it happen. The CMs were all nice. I have no doubt if they knew how do to it they would. Do you know of a way to call guest relations, or at least the equivalent, to process the purchase?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it has not been generally possible to upgrade a 3rd party ticket to AP
except in-person at a ticket booth or at a Guest Relations (at the parks or Disney Springs.)

That MIGHT be changing... but, so are a lot of things.

At this point, I don't have any other new info.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it has not been generally possible to upgrade a 3rd party ticket to AP
except in-person at a ticket booth or at a Guest Relations (at the parks or Disney Springs.)

That MIGHT be changing... but, so are a lot of things.

At this point, I don't have any other new info.
I guess I was asking if there was a phone number which got you to a CM who could do over the phone whatever magic a CM at Guest Relations does to upgrade 3rd party tickets. Sounds like the answer is no.

I have a ticket/package question... I need to book one night separately (probably Pop or POR), followed by a three night stay at Yacht Club at a discounted conference rate. (Yes, crashing DH’s business trip!). Hoping to get a Disney Visa discount for first night. Can I make that one night a package by adding tickets and/or dining? If so, could I make it a 5-day park hopper to cover our entire split stay? And if I do that, can I have dining plan just for one night?

Finally, could I upgrade that ticket to a DVC AP before or after arrival?

Sorry... guess that’s a lot of questions!

I have a ticket/package question... I need to book one night separately (probably Pop or POR), followed by a three night stay at Yacht Club at a discounted conference rate. (Yes, crashing DH’s business trip!).
1. Hoping to get a Disney Visa discount for first night.
2. Can I make that one night a package by adding tickets and/or dining?
3. If so, could I make it a 5-day park hopper to cover our entire split stay?
4. And if I do that, can I have dining plan just for one night?
5. Finally, could I upgrade that ticket to a DVC AP before or after arrival?

1. & 2. & 4. Sorry, I don't know anything about resort deals.
Likely better answers to be found on the DIS' Disney Resorts Forum. (HERE.)
3. THAT, I can answer. You can book "package tickets" for as many days (up to 10) as you like.
The number of nights actual stay does not factor in.
5. Yes. Guests can always upgrade regular package tickets to "larger" tickets.

I bought Gold AP vouchers which required having ID to purchase, but my husband wasn’t around so I purchased in my sons name since he didn’t need ID. I was thinking I would just reassign it later since we have to show ID when we activate it too (DVC). I just noticed that it specifies it’s for a child - which I didn’t think mattered when I bought since it’s the same price for everyone. Do you think I will still be able to use this for my husband?

I bought Gold AP vouchers which required having ID to purchase, but my husband wasn’t around so I purchased in my sons name since he didn’t need ID. I was thinking I would just reassign it later since we have to show ID when we activate it too (DVC). I just noticed that it specifies it’s for a child - which I didn’t think mattered when I bought since it’s the same price for everyone. Do you think I will still be able to use this for my husband?
They’ll be able to make it all work when you finally activate the APs.

"Guest Relations" refers to the locations outside and inside the four main theme parks as well as the Disney Springs welcome center location. Ticket windows are outside the four main theme parks as well as the water parks.

I would not trust a resort Guest Services location to activate AP certificates (based on how many ticket problems I fix that are caused by hotels telling guests with certificates that they're "good to go!"), and I don't even know if they can.

Last edited:
1. & 2. & 4. Sorry, I don't know anything about resort deals.
Likely better answers to be found on the DIS' Disney Resorts Forum. (HERE.)
3. THAT, I can answer. You can book "package tickets" for as many days (up to 10) as you like.
The number of nights actual stay does not factor in.
5. Yes. Guests can always upgrade regular package tickets to "larger" tickets.
Thank you!

I want to make sure In understand this.

E-Ticket must be activated by December 31, 2019. After December 31, 2019, you must exchange this ticket at Guest Services for admission (additional gate price may apply). Please note: Physical tickets expire February 28, 2019.

If we are going in April 2019 I cannot get physical tickets just e tickets correct? Also with Undercover tourist there is a cancellation policy but it states they can't be activated. So, I would not link them to the MDE or Magic Band until I was 100% sure we are going?

Thanks

I want to make sure In understand this.

1. E-Ticket must be activated by December 31, 2019. After December 31, 2019, you must exchange this ticket at Guest Services for admission (additional gate price may apply). Please note: Physical tickets expire February 28, 2019.

2. If we are going in April 2019 I cannot get physical tickets just e tickets correct?
3. Also with Undercover tourist there is a cancellation policy but it states they can't be activated.
4. So, I would not link them to the MDE or Magic Band until I was 100% sure we are going?

Thanks

1. This information is for tickets bought from Undercover Tourist.
2. If you are buying tickets from Undercover Tourist, that is correct.
3. Correct.
4. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter