A follow up Q, pls...tia

Is there a way to upgrade my fla resident 4 day Tix... which I likely will use 3 days of in Nov ( past the new Tix pricing changes) online or via phone now ( they are on my mde acct)

Or do I need to wait till at Disney to upgrade ... and then subject to pricing increase, correct?

Trying to figure if I should Upgrade to fla annual or just grab another set of fla 4 days ( with the 12/19 expiry and no blackouts) if they are still being sold(??)
since I know I’ll return before 12/19.

I’m thinking ...if annual pass ( fla silver) add-on is about same cost as buying another fla res 4 day, that’d be a better financial deal? P
I think I paid about $240(?) for the 4 day..
Then again... it’s 4am so I may be making little sense :(

I was planning to buy Disney tickets from attraction tickets direct uk. We are from uk. Its our first visit and I stupidly lost track of the fact it’s our fast pass day is on Tuesday

If I order the tickets today I won’t have them till Tuesday night. Fast pass booking opens at 12 noon.

Do I need the physical tickets to make fast passes or can this be done with a code from the booking for example?

If I can’t do this with attraction tickets direct is there any company that would be able to do this before Tuesday?

What happens if I book with Disney uk direct would they give me a code? I think doing it that way I wouldn’t get the chance to practice fast pass bookings?

Thanks

I was planning to buy Disney tickets from attraction tickets direct uk. We are from uk. Its our first visit and I stupidly lost track of the fact it’s our fast pass day is on Tuesday

If I order the tickets today I won’t have them till Tuesday night. Fast pass booking opens at 12 noon.

Do I need the physical tickets to make fast passes or can this be done with a code from the booking for example?

If I can’t do this with attraction tickets direct is there any company that would be able to do this before Tuesday?

What happens if I book with Disney uk direct would they give me a code? I think doing it that way I wouldn’t get the chance to practice fast pass bookings?

Thanks
In the USA if you order via your MDX account, the tickets show up instantly in your MDX account and you can book FP when the time comes.

That may or may not be the case in the UK. You need to ask someone over there.

In the USA if you order via your MDX account, the tickets show up instantly in your MDX account and you can book FP when the time comes.

That may or may not be the case in the UK. You need to ask someone over there.
Thank you for your help I will look into this. Much appreciated

Just to have someone confirm what I'm thinking....My tickets have a date of 1/28/17 on them....If I'm understanding the first post, that mean I have no expiration on them, correct? I, just this morning, have run into a situation that may cause me to have to reschedule our December trip!:faint:

This new expiration policy is going to make it more difficult for us. We often take DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral, and go to WDW before and after the cruise. For example, our next trip consists of 3 nights at WDW, a 7-night cruise, and 3 nights at WDW. We would typically get 6-day or 7-day tickets that would be good through the last day of the whole trip (i.e. 14 days).

It looks like this new expiration policy is going to force us to get 10-day tickets (and waste the unused days). Am I missing anything? Thanks!

This new expiration policy is going to make it more difficult for us. We often take DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral, and go to WDW before and after the cruise. For example, our next trip consists of 3 nights at WDW, a 7-night cruise, and 3 nights at WDW. We would typically get 6-day or 7-day tickets that would be good through the last day of the whole trip (i.e. 14 days).

It looks like this new expiration policy is going to force us to get 10-day tickets (and waste the unused days). Am I missing anything? Thanks!

Correct.
A 7-day ticket to a 10-day ticket...
Doing that using TODAY'S prices (which will likely up with the new ticket structure,) would be an extra $30, plus tax, per ticket.

We have AP vouchers plus hoppers purchased as part of a FD package for July 2019 in my MDE account. We are going next month, do we need to prioritize the APs or will they automatically be used first? I wasn’t sure if the hoppers are even valid before the July trip.

We have AP vouchers plus hoppers purchased as part of a FD package for July 2019 in my MDE account. We are going next month, do we need to prioritize the APs or will they automatically be used first? I wasn’t sure if the hoppers are even valid before the July trip.

The hoppers won't become valid for use until the package start-date.

I need to renew our Silver passes for a trip next weekend (expired 9/22), but I'm trying to maximize savings by buying gift cards at $100/day and need a few more days worth of cards. Can I renew today via the monthly payment program and then pay it off next week once I have all of the funds via gift card? I'm saving about $120 on renewal by doing this, so it's worth the hassle, but I do want to get a few FPs made.

Can I renew today via the monthly payment program and then pay it off next week once I have all of the funds via gift card?

I don't know if it's possible to renew with the PAYMENT PLAN while you are not physically at WDW.
But, if it IS, then yes you can do what you ask.

But, do they charge interest on the payment plan?
If they don't, why not just keep the payment plan (and pay it off over the life of the AP
by using the gift cards?)
One of the most basic of all "money tips" is to use "other peoples money"
when its offered and keep as much of YOUR OWN money available to YOU
(just in case) for as long as possible.

We have six day hoppers for a trip next July, purchased through Disney as part of a bounceback. There are six in our group, and I had planned to upgrade four of the tickets to Plus once we arrived (since DH and I are not planning to go to the water parks, but the kids are). Given the ticket changes coming October 16, do you think it is worth upgrading all tickets before the 16th even if we won't all use the entitlements? It is about $27 per ticket to upgrade, so it's not a huge amount for the two tickets that won't use the entitlements. I wouldn't be surprised if it costs more to upgrade four tickets after the 16th than it costs to upgrade six tickets now.

Hi all, I'm confusing myself with trying to figure out my best option.
Our situation: we(3 Disney adults, 1 child) are AP holders with a trip planned January 1-5, 2019, staying at POP, OOP dining. We
We are also planning another trip April 6-12. Our APs will expire on April 7, so we would need to purchase 5 days park hopper, pay OOP dining.
With the current Play Stay Dine offer, we are thinking of purchasing that package so that we can get free dining, and saving the tickets for the April trip.
So the question is, does it make sense financially for us to get the package?
Thanks!

I need to renew our Silver passes for a trip next weekend (expired 9/22), but I'm trying to maximize savings by buying gift cards at $100/day and need a few more days worth of cards. Can I renew today via the monthly payment program and then pay it off next week once I have all of the funds via gift card? I'm saving about $120 on renewal by doing this, so it's worth the hassle, but I do want to get a few FPs made.

You can renew via the payment plan online (you will have to put a valid credit card for monthly payments AND the first month's payment will be charged within 24 hours of the transaction to that card), and pay it off anytime you like. We can accept Disney gift cards for a contract pay-off at the parks, but I don't know if they can do so over the phone. The payment plan call center is a different number and different people than the regular Disney call centers.

But, do they charge interest on the payment plan?
If they don't, why not just keep the payment plan (and pay it off over the life of the AP
by using the gift cards?)

No interest on payment plans, but there's no way to auto-charge each month's payment to a gift card, only a credit card.

If Gold Annual pass blackout dates are Jan. 1-3, can I use them on Jan. 3 or Jan. 4?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter