• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tickets through airport checks

P

plgshpz

Hi - I was wondering if carrying WDW tickets through airport screening will demagnatize park tickets?

In my expereince, this does not cause a problem. WDW tickets going through airport security does not cause them to demagnatize. What does cause them to demagnatize is to place the tickets next to something else that has an electronic strip (credit cards). As long as you don't place them next to a credit card, you should be okay!

also just wanted to add that ours did get demagnetized (annual passes) and we were able to get a replacement very easily. :)

My AP went thru security to come back home last July and then to go to WDW in March this year. no problem.
Xrays don't involve any magnets. If they demagnatized your passes, they would also demagnatize all the other things you send thru that have magnetic strips - credit cards, driver's license, etc. As Debi mentioned, magnetic strips can demagnetize each other if they touch. Someone also posted that a magnetic catch on her purse demagnetized her cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter