You don't say.
Ha! Actually, it was originally a post that demonstrated my occasionally lack of sepf-awareness. I said I had the ME card that came with my MB, but also screenshot of the website talking about presenting the card AND vouchers together. Where are the vouchers? How/where do I get the vouchers in order to take to the mini golf facility?

Then I looked a tick closer and found them with my card!! Dumb, silly mistake. But I could only find a way to edit the post, not delete it. So, I stuck with the period. 😛

So just an update on our experience upgrading tickets today.

Our package price for the 2 of us was originally $3,160. We went from 4 day parkhoppers to 6 day parkhoppers, and the price went to $3,220.

A total of $60 more, which breaks down to $15/per person/per day (just 2 of us traveling this time).

We booked our package in early January before the ticket price went up, and we spoke to a CM on the phone today to alter our tickets (post price increase).
Not sure if this is reflective of the price change or what. But just wanted to share to help others. We go in June

So just an update on our experience upgrading tickets today.

Our package price for the 2 of us was originally $3,160. We went from 4 day parkhoppers to 6 day parkhoppers, and the price went to $3,220.

A total of $60 more, which breaks down to $15/per person/per day (just 2 of us traveling this time).

We booked our package in early January before the ticket price went up, and we spoke to a CM on the phone today to alter our tickets (post price increase).
Not sure if this is reflective of the price change or what. But just wanted to share to help others. We go in June
Do I understand that you added two days to your TICKETS, but did not add additional days to your resort stay?

Just using stand-alone ticket numbers from the WDW site:
$562.32 Current price for 4-day Parkhopper Adult. June 15, 2020
$619.88 Current price for 6-day Parkhopper Adult. June 15, 2020
$57.56 (or $28.78 per person/ per day) to add the 2 add'l days.

(And, that doesn't cover paying the difference between the new ticket prices and the previous ticket prices.)

So, either the CM made a calculation error in your favor, or you got some extra amounts of pixie dust.

(I'm wondering if the CM figured the cost of ONE ticket upgrade and forgot to add on the cost of the additional ticket.)

Last edited:

I don't understand.
You added two days to your TICKETS, but no additional days to your resort stay?

Just using stand-alone ticket numbers from the WDW site:
$562.32 Current price for 4-day Parkhopper Adult. June 15, 2020
$619.88 Current price for 6-day Parkhopper Adult. June 15, 2020
$57.56 (or $28.78 per person/ per day) to add the 2 add'l days.

(And, that doesn't cover paying the difference between the new ticket prices and the previous ticket prices.)

So, either the CM made a calculation error in your favor, or you got some extra pixie dust.

(I'm wondering if the CM figured the cost of ONE ticket upgrade and forgot to add on the cost of the additional ticket.)
We were already staying 9 days. I selected the wrong tickets at check out initially and knew I wanted to upgrade to 5 days. After further discussion we decided we should get 6 days.
I was online looking at my package, he read the numbers to me from the starting number (which matched my screen) to the new number. He explained my total package price was something around $3400, up from the $3250ish, but with my $200 deposit, I only owed the remaining $3220 when I previously owed $3,160.

My MDE is updated and shows adult parkhoppers for 6 days for both of us. He literally explained every step he was doing outloud like you would explain to a toddler how to put on their socks.
I don't know what to tell you.

We were already staying 9 days. I selected the wrong tickets at check out initially and knew I wanted to upgrade to 5 days. After further discussion we decided we should get 6 days.
I was online looking at my package, he read the numbers to me from the starting number (which matched my screen) to the new number. He explained my total package price was something around $3400, up from the $3250ish, but with my $200 deposit, I only owed the remaining $3220 when I previously owed $3,160.

My MDE is updated and shows adult parkhoppers for 6 days for both of us. He literally explained every step he was doing outloud like you would explain to a toddler how to put on their socks.
I don't know what to tell you.
He even said outloud at one point what the price difference was (some several hundred dollar number to another) but I can't remember now because in my brain I was thinking "I'm paying it either way, no need to memorize the hurt lol".

He even said outloud at one point what the price difference was (some several hundred dollar number to another) but I can't remember now because in my brain I was thinking "I'm paying it either way, no need to memorize the hurt lol".
So, it doesn't sound like the CM was consciously and intentionally factoring in extra pixie dust.
It does continue to look like a mistake in calculating the costs. (I don't know at what point.)

The reason I point this out, is that others reading this may conclude that they should expect similar numbers if they want to upgrade, and that would be inconsistent with long-standing upgrade calculations.

At any rate, it looks like YOU got a great outcome.

So, it doesn't sound like the CM was consciously and intentionally factoring in extra pixie dust.
It does continue to look like a mistake in calculating the costs. (I don't know at what point.)

The reason I point this out, is that others reading this may conclude that they should expect similar numbers if they want to upgrade, and that would be inconsistent with long-standing upgrade calculations.

At any rate, it looks like YOU got a great outcome.

Is it possible it's because I have free dining? Would that somehow change the package rate?
The CM was incredibly nice and we made small talk, him apologizing for the wait as they have had a lot of technical issues lately, asking what was bringing us to Orlando, updating our reservation to include our anniversary and my first visit, then like I said.
Walked me through step by step. He did phrase it at one point as "adding a 2 day parkhopper to youe 4 day parkhopper" but I can't imagine that making a difference in any way. He seemed very certain, not a hint of "maybe" in his voice.
What was the cost difference before the price increas?

1. Is it possible it's because I have free dining? Would that somehow change the package rate?
2. The CM was incredibly nice and we made small talk, him apologizing for the wait as they have had a lot of technical issues lately, asking what was bringing us to Orlando, updating our reservation to include our anniversary and my first visit, then like I said.
Walked me through step by step. He did phrase it at one point as "adding a 2 day parkhopper to youe 4 day parkhopper" but I can't imagine that making a difference in any way.
3. He seemed very certain, not a hint of "maybe" in his voice.
4. What was the cost difference before the price increas?
1. Ticket prices are unaffected by the cost of the resort room, or the kind of "package"
that you choose.
2. Yup.
3. Yup.
4. Really doesn't matter.
The CM may have just done a basic "add days to a ticket for $15 per day" or some such technique
(which would be RIPE for abuse if that were standard upgrade practice.)
Guests could buy minimum length tickets, then call for "upgrade" and save hundreds over buying the right length tickets to begin-with.

Regardless, you got a "deal" however that came to be.

Last edited:
I will find out starting on Friday! 😀
You can go to NBX if you purchased Ph+ before the change of what is included. You need to sign a waiver for each day you go. Then just go to entrance and tap in with your band. It wasn’t working yet, so they had to check us in with tablet.

I have a ticket question I can't find the answer to. We booked the Sun and Fun package: we've got 5 day tickets for our stay. If 2 of us want to go into a park on a 6th day, once we're there, can we add an extra day to 2 of our tickets or do we have to add them to all 4 tickets because it's a package? Right now, MDE won't let me change the tickets for just 2 of us.

Another curiosity, I tried booking room only and then the tickets separately. Even with 5 day tickets for all 4 of us, it was more expensive than the package. I didn't think there was any ticket discount on the package, but unless I did it wrong, it looks like there is some discount on the tickets as part of the package.

I have a ticket question I can't find the answer to. We booked the Sun and Fun package: we've got 5 day tickets for our stay. If 2 of us want to go into a park on a 6th day, once we're there, can we add an extra day to 2 of our tickets or do we have to add them to all 4 tickets because it's a package? Right now, MDE won't let me change the tickets for just 2 of us.
Yes, you can upgrade some or all of the tickets once you arrive. Before you arrive, due to the "package" requirements, all parties must have the same package components so you cannot change some in advance.

Another curiosity, I tried booking room only and then the tickets separately. Even with 5 day tickets for all 4 of us, it was more expensive than the package. I didn't think there was any ticket discount on the package, but unless I did it wrong, it looks like there is some discount on the tickets as part of the package.
When did you book your package? WDW ticket prices increased last Tuesday. If you booked prior to then, that is the reason you now see higher prices.

Enjoy your vacation!

We booked the Sun and Fun package: we've got 5 day tickets for our stay. If 2 of us want to go into a park on a 6th day, once we're there, can we add an extra day to 2 of our tickets or do we have to add them to all 4 tickets because it's a package? Right now, MDE won't let me change the tickets for just 2 of us.
AFTER ARRIVAL, each ticket even if it is part of a "package" can be upgraded, individually.

Yes, you can upgrade some or all of the tickets once you arrive. Before you arrive, due to the "package" requirements, all parties must have the same package components so you cannot change some in advance.

When did you book your package? WDW ticket prices increased last Tuesday. If you booked prior to then, that is the reason you now see higher prices.

Enjoy your vacation!
AFTER ARRIVAL, each ticket even if it is part of a "package" can be upgraded, individually.
Thank you both for the quick replies! We booked before last Tuesday; that must be why it's cheaper. But glad to know we can add days to individual tickets once we're there.

I have a couple of questions about different types of tickets linked to your MDE.

DD has an AP, but is in the DCP, so now also has a Self Admission pass- we think she needs to link the Self Admission pass to her MDE to make FP+ because there are times when she is required to use it for entry. Will the system know which pass to use when she enters the park? Will it cause problems with her FP+?

Similarly, we have both paid admission tickets and guest passes that we need to link to MDE so we can make FP+- how do we make sure that the guest pass is used and not the paid admission ticket, when we enter the park?

I have a couple of questions about different types of tickets linked to your MDE.

DD has an AP, but is in the DCP, so now also has a Self Admission pass- we think she needs to link the Self Admission pass to her MDE to make FP+ because there are times when she is required to use it for entry. 1. Will the system know which pass to use when she enters the park?
2. Will it cause problems with her FP+?

Similarly, we have both paid admission tickets and guest passes that we need to link to MDE so we can make FP+-
3. how do we make sure that the guest pass is used and not the paid admission ticket, when we enter the park?
1. It's possible that "the system will know" in her case.
1b. HOWEVER, it is a simple matter to MAKE SURE that the proper ticket is used.
Stop by any Guest Relations BEFORE going to a park gate and have the ticket that she DOES want to use NEXT, set to the "highest priority" in her MDX account.
2. No. FP is not a concern.
3. Same exact answer as #1b above. Each person should do the procedure before heading to a park gate.

Last edited:
1. It's possible that "the system will know" in her case.
1b. HOWEVER, it is a simple matter to MAKE SURE that the proper ticket is used.
Stop by any Guest Relations BEFORE going to a park gate and have the ticket that she DOES want to use NEXT, set to the "highest priority" in her MDX account.
2. No. FP not a concern.
3. Same exact answer as #1b above. Each person should do the procedure before heading to a park gate.
Thank you that is very helpful!

Hi Robo,

Once an unused ticket has passed its expired date does it usually disappear from the MDE app as seen from the guest side? (7 day PH, issued prior to the daily pricing)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter