Give it a try tomorrow, or so.
With as GLITCHY as is MDX, I'm never sure what's SUPPOSED to happen or what is actually a technical problem.
Regardless, it will cost the same to upgrade to AP now, or at some point during your trip.

Thanks yeah my driver behind wanting to upgrade now is to get the AP discount on hard ticket events because we are thinking of doing a Magic Kingdom After Hours evening. Otherwise, it would be the same to just do it in the park when we arrive (unless the AP price goes up between now and then - but I doubt it) :)

So I thought I could upgrade my park hopper ticket to an annual pass before my trip next month but there isn’t an option on the app or on website... so I called this morning and was told I can only upgrade in person. Which basically defeats the purpose as I wanted to get the discount for some of the parties etc. 😞

So I thought I could upgrade my park hopper ticket to an annual pass before my trip next month but there isn’t an option on the app or on website... so I called this morning and was told I can only upgrade in person. Which basically defeats the purpose as I wanted to get the discount for some of the parties etc. 😞
From where did you buy your current ticket?

Couple of quick-ish questions.
I will soon have a ticket that i know will expire before i use it - complicated situation that doesn't need to be explained and won't be fixed by simply changing the date to a time we can use it - would it be possible to apply that value to a hard-ticketed event, like an after-hours event? If so I'm assuming that will need to be done on-site?

If we upgrade our current tickets to AP am i correct that the "anniversary date" of that will become the date that we first entered a park with the ticket and NOT the day we upgrade? Meaning it doesn't matter which day we do that, correct?

Couple of quick-ish questions.
I will soon have a ticket that i know will expire before i use it - complicated situation that doesn't need to be explained and won't be fixed by simply changing the date to a time we can use it -
1. would it be possible to apply that value to a hard-ticketed event, like an after-hours event?
2. If so I'm assuming that will need to be done on-site?

If we upgrade our current tickets to AP
3. am i correct that the "anniversary date" of that will become the date that we first entered a park with the ticket and
4. NOT the day we upgrade?
5. Meaning it doesn't matter which day we do that, correct?
1. AFAIK, yes. (But, I've never encountered that situation before.)
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Correct.
5. Doesn't matter when you do the upgrade to AP.

Hello! I'm wondering if someone could help calculating how much we would have to pay to upgrade to an AP? My husband & I both have 7 day hoppers that expire Jan 2020 - they were purchased as part of a package but not used because we had APs at the time of the trip. We also have reservations for next month with 6 day hoppers booked with a free dining bounceback. Is there any way to predict how much we would have to pay to upgrade? Thank you for the help!

Hello! I'm wondering if someone could help calculating how much we would have to pay to upgrade to an AP? My husband & I both have 7 day hoppers that expire Jan 2020
1- they were purchased as part of a package but not used because we had APs at the time of the trip.
2- We also have reservations for next month with 6 day hoppers booked with a free dining bounceback.
3- Is there any way to predict how much we would have to pay to upgrade? Thank you for the help!
1- What was the date that you booked that WDW package?
2- You cannot combine the value of multiple tickets to upgrade to an AP, so either the tickets that you already have,
-OR- the tickets from your upcoming trip can be upgraded... but not both.
3- It will be a very specific price.
Go to post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting and you will find the equation(s) used for determining the cost of upgrading.
If you need further help... post back here.

Maybe silly questions, but want to make sure I understand.

We currently have APs, if I book a package with tickets but then don’t use the tickets I will be able to use that amount toward future tickets correct? Assuming this can only be done in person?
Will our APs automatically be the ticket used or I’m going to need to check with guest services to prioritize my AP?

thanks!

We currently have APs,
1. if I book a package with tickets but then don’t use the tickets I will be able to use that amount toward future tickets correct?
2. Assuming this can only be done in person?
3. Will our APs automatically be the ticket used or
4. I’m going to need to check with guest services to prioritize my AP?
1. Correct.
2. Likely, but things change.
3. Maybe.
4. For SURE! Before you go to the gate of the first park.

for 4, only the first day not my whole trip right? Once fine everyday I may cry!
Go before you head to "the first park" you go to on your trip.

HOWEVER... It would be a very good plan to check carefully (on your MDX) that none of your regular tickets happened to get used... at least before you head back home.

Go before you head to "the first park" you go to on your trip.

HOWEVER... It would be a very good plan to check carefully (on your MDX) that none of your regular tickets happened to get used... at least before you head back home.
Thank you! As always extremely helpful!

I bought some of the Sam's vouchers and added them to MDE. I initially assigned two tickets to family members, and left two in my own account. They were previously showing as transferable and now they are all showing as nontransferable. Why is this? I figured the ones I transferred could not be transferred a second time, but the ones in my own account were never transferred. None have been used.

Also, I realize that I cannot transfer tickets from someone else's MDE, but when they go into MDE, they also see 'non-transferable'.

Last edited:
I bought some of the Sam's vouchers and added them to MDE. I initially assigned two tickets to family members, and left two in my own account. They were previously showing as transferable and now they are all showing as nontransferable.
1. Why is this?
2. I figured the ones I transferred could not be transferred a second time,
3.but the ones in my own account were never transferred. None have been used.

Also, I realize that I cannot transfer tickets from someone else's MDE, but when they go into MDE, they also see 'non-transferable'.
1. Nothing to stress over. MDE is so glitchy, you can’t always see the correct info.
2. Even those can be transferred again. (The person to whom you sent them may have to be involved.
3. If it doesn’t fix itself in a few days, you can call Disney I.T. and get it fixed.

1. Nothing to stress over. MDE is so glitchy, you can’t always see the correct info.
2. Even those can be transferred again. (The person to whom you sent them may have to be involved.
3. If it doesn’t fix itself in a few days, you can call Disney I.T. and get it fixed.

The IT person I spoke to told me that it happens when the system upgrades? Then she implied that if I bought them awhile ago they could not be transferred? And can't be transferred more than once? She really stressed me out.

Thank you! I am going to wait a bit and see what happens.

My husband and I are going to be in Orlando for a week, starting Nov 29th. Our adult children are joining us for part of the time. I was planning on buying 2 day "mid-day magic" tickets for all of us, but because we will be there a couple of days before they arrive, I am thinking that we might want to go to a park before they get there. If I pick the date for the "first day of use" and we want to go a day earlier, can I add a 3rd day at Guest Services? If so, am I allowed to add the extra day before the "first use" date on the tickets? Would I be better off to not choose a start date at all and buy the "flexible date" tickets instead?

My husband and I are going to be in Orlando for a week, starting Nov 29th. Our adult children are joining us for part of the time. I was planning on buying 2 day "mid-day magic" tickets for all of us, but because we will be there a couple of days before they arrive, I am thinking that we might want to go to a park before they get there.
1. If I pick the date for the "first day of use" and we want to go a day earlier, can I add a 3rd day at Guest Services?
2. If so, am I allowed to add the extra day before the "first use" date on the tickets? 3. Would I be better off to not choose a start date at all and buy the "flexible date" tickets instead?
1. You can, but it MIGHT cost more, depending on the price for tickets that "start" on the date that you want to be your new, "amended" start day.
2. You would be required to change the start-date on your "whole" ticket including the original days and the added/amended day(s.)
3. You need to do the math for your specific case and possible dates, but generally it is much more expensive to buy "non-dated" tickets.

Last edited:
has anyone else notice that if you wait till last minute to buy tickets on undercovertourists the price goes up
that is so crazy that was never like this
disney is just making it impossible for families

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!