Their "savings" over gate price includes tax.

I pulled up 10 day park hopper tickets on both sites with a start date of May 17, 2020

Disney advanced purchase: $606.32 before tax, $645.74 with tax
Undercover Tourist: $574.49 (includes tax)

Savings over advanced purchase price with tax: $71.25
Savings over advanced purchase before tax: $31.42

Disney doesn't show you the amount with tax until you select the # of tickets. UT does not add tax.
Agreed, but tor the sake of accuracy and clarity...
Rather than saying it as, "UT does not add tax."
The statement would be more understandable to state, "UT posted prices include the tax."

Thank you. I knew it probably had to do with the tax. I was trying to compare apples to apples: pre-tax to pre-tax or after tax to after tax. I'm still happy with $52 savings for each pass.

Is there any way of buying 4 tickets but not having specific dates, other than purchasing annual passes? We want to get our tickets now, and book a room last minute due to everyones work/school schedule.

Is there any way of buying 4 tickets but not having specific dates, other than purchasing annual passes? We want to get our tickets now, and book a room last minute due to everyones work/school schedule.
You can do so, but an "open-dated" ticket is much more expensive.
Why not just buy your tickets on-line on the day you arrive (or a day or two before you arrive?)

Surely you would know you were going at least a day or two in advance?

About two weeks out on a short trip to The World. We have purchased single park Mid-day Magic tickets. Now it looks like it would be advantageous for us to have hopping available. Can I upgrade the tickets prior to the trip, or do I need to go see an agent when we arrive at the park, day one ? Thanks !

About two weeks out on a short trip to The World. We have purchased single park Mid-day Magic tickets. Now it looks like it would be advantageous for us to have hopping available. Can I upgrade the tickets prior to the trip, or do I need to go see an agent when we arrive at the park, day one ? Thanks !
Go to your MDX account and you should be able to Modify your mid-day tickets with the hopper upgrade.

Go to your MDX account and you should be able to Modify your mid-day tickets with the hopper upgrade.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Exactly how do you modify to a parkhopper through MDX? I'm not seeing where to do that.

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Exactly how do you modify to a parkhopper through MDX? I'm not seeing where to do that.
Go to the Tickets and Passes area of MDX and choose a ticket you need to Modify. Guests can now change dates, add days, and upgrade tickets from within their accounts even if the tickets were purchased from a discounter.

Go to the Tickets and Passes area of MDX and choose a ticket you need to Modify. Guests can now change dates, add days, and upgrade tickets from within their accounts even if the tickets were purchased from a discounter.

It is for a Canadian Discount ticket and I don't see any options for doing any modifications.

It is for a Canadian Discount ticket and I don't see any options for doing any modifications.
For special promotion tickets, you’d have to do upgrades at the park if they are upgradeable.

Have you posted on the Canadian board to ask if your type of ticket is upgradeable?

On my laptop, went to MDX. Then My Plans... and Park Tickets. Under that, Tickets & Memory Maker tab. The only option I see is to transfer a ticket. Am I looking in the wrong place?

On my laptop, went to MDX. Then My Plans... and Park Tickets. Under that, Tickets & Memory Maker tab. The only option I see is to transfer a ticket. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Have you tried the app? Go to the bottom right corner *3 stacked lines* then to Tickets and Passes. See if you can Modify there.

If not, then Mid-day Tickets can’t be Modified unless you call or stop by a Ticket Window.

Have you tried the app? Go to the bottom right corner *3 stacked lines* then to Tickets and Passes. See if you can Modify there.

If not, then Mid-day Tickets can’t be Modified unless you call or stop by a Ticket Window.
So I can't seem to modify via PC or app. But I should be able to make a call before our arrival ?

I'm trying to help my parents who are currently in Disney. They purchased two 3-day single park tickets, and they have used 2 of those days. They want to upgrade to a park hopper for the last day. I know you have to upgrade the whole ticket, even though some days have been used.

If I price out new tickets on the website, the price difference between a 3 day single park ticket and a 3 day park hopper is $70 per ticket. Am I correct in thinking that the cost to upgrade their pair of tickets should be $140?

My dad stopped by the ticket counter in the Swan (where they are staying for his conference) and was told that they couldn't add park hoppers, but that he could do it at the park ticket counters. It seemed odd that the Swan ticket counter couldn't do it but the park one can, so I called Disney just to be sure so they don't get their hopes dashed when they arrive to AK on Thursday and can't hop to Epcot.

The cast member on the phone told me that it would be an upgrade charge of $70/day per ticket, so $420 total to upgrade their tickets to park hoppers. She then told me that they should just buy separate single park tickets to go to the second park of the day. I thought you could not use two tickets in one day?

My mom's number 1 priority was to see world showcase, but she got sick after future world and couldn't make it. My dad's number 1 priority was to ride FOP. They only have one day left that they can do the parks, and I don't want either of them to be disappointed!

I'm trying to help my parents who are currently in Disney. They purchased two 3-day single park tickets, and they have used 2 of those days. They want to upgrade to a park hopper for the last day. I know you have to upgrade the whole ticket, even though some days have been used.

If I price out new tickets on the website, the price difference between a 3 day single park ticket and a 3 day park hopper is $70 per ticket.
1. Am I correct in thinking that the cost to upgrade their pair of tickets should be $140?

2. My dad stopped by the ticket counter in the Swan (where they are staying for his conference) and was told that they couldn't add park hoppers, but that he could do it at the park ticket counters.
3a. It seemed odd that the Swan ticket counter couldn't do it...
3b. but the park one can, so I called Disney just to be sure so they don't get their hopes dashed when they arrive to AK on Thursday and can't hop to Epcot.

4. The cast member on the phone told me that it would be an upgrade charge of $70/day per ticket, so $420 total to upgrade their tickets to park hoppers.
5. She then told me that they should just buy separate single park tickets to go to the second park of the day.
6. I thought you could not use two tickets in one day?
1. Yes.
2. Yes. Go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations outside a theme park.
3a. Don't worry about it. (Some CMs are better trained than others.)
3b. The park ones CAN do it.
4. Wrong.
5. Wrong.
6. In the case of simply buying an additional full-price ticket, you CAN use two (or more) of THOSE on a single day,
but it would be ridiculously (and unnecessarily) expensive to do that.

The phone CM was simply wrong. BIG time.
(And sadly, THAT is far from surprising.)

Last edited:
Hi all, just wanted to check something. I just called and purchase a DAH ticket and used my AP - which is still just a voucher at this point. The agent told me that I'd have to go to Will Call to show my AP to get my ticket, and my email confirmation confirms that:

Will Call: If your order is Will Call, pick up your order at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket sales location.
For all other ticket purchases: If purchasing item(s) other than annual passes, or if purchasing annual passes that are not a gift, you’ll need to present the order confirmation number, a government-issued photo ID and the original credit card, Disney Gift card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card used during this purchase.

However, I already have this linked to DME. So, can someone clarify what I'll actually have to do? I'll be activating my AP the morning of this event (4/27).

Hi all, just wanted to check something. I just called and purchase a DAH ticket and used my AP - which is still just a voucher at this point. The agent told me that I'd have to go to Will Call to show my AP to get my ticket, and my email confirmation confirms that:

Will Call: If your order is Will Call, pick up your order at any Walt Disney World theme park ticket sales location.
For all other ticket purchases: If purchasing item(s) other than annual passes, or if purchasing annual passes that are not a gift, you’ll need to present the order confirmation number, a government-issued photo ID and the original credit card, Disney Gift card or Disney Rewards® Redemption Card used during this purchase.

However, I already have this linked to DME. So, can someone clarify what I'll actually have to do? I'll be activating my AP the morning of this event (4/27).
You don’t need to verify anything at Guest Relations regarding your DAH ticket.
But DO carry your legal photo ID with you.
AFAIK, with the ID, you can activate your AP at the gate of the first park you visit.
If you want an AP “card,” you still need to stop by a Guest Relations at some point to pick it up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter