Ticket Upgrade Question

Mickey111518

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Would I be safe to assume that if I purchase a 5 day park hopper ticket with Maxpass for $420, that I could then upgrade to a So Cal Select annual passport with Maxpass for $440 and use the entire $420 from the park hopper ticket as credit for the upgrade?

The following excerpt from the Disneyland website leads me to believe it may be possible, as long as I purchase Maxpass with the park hopper and not after:

The Disney MaxPass feature is nonrefundable, nontransferable and may not be redeemed for cash. No credit will be given towards any ticket upgrade for the amount of the Disney MaxPass feature purchased through the Disneyland app after park entry. If a ticket with Disney MaxPass is upgraded to a ticket without the Disney MaxPass feature, you will no longer be able to make FASTPASS selections from your phone—please plan your upgrade accordingly

Hopefully someone that has some firsthand experience with this type of upgrade can help me with my question. I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

It depends on the CM. I’ve heard reported on here the whole cost of the original ticket was credited to you.

On the same idea of tickets... Can I buy a 3 day park hopper from target with my target card (I put in cart and it took the 5% off) and the add a 4th day and add max pass? If I can, can it be done before I arrive or do I need to wait until I get there?

On the same idea of tickets... Can I buy a 3 day park hopper from target with my target card (I put in cart and it took the 5% off) and the add a 4th day and add max pass? If I can, can it be done before I arrive or do I need to wait until I get there?
Yes. Wait til you get there. However, you’ll likely find cheaper tickets at last minute travel club, getaway today, or Disneyland’s special. Google a free code for LMT.

You can upgrade at the ticket booth in the esplanade. On our most recent trip I was able to upgrade from a 2 day 1 park to a 2 day Park Hopper for $50 (the price it would have been if I had originally gotten a Park Hopper). I could have added more days, I believe. I think you just need to do the upgrade before the end of the last day you use your ticket.

You cannot add MaxPass until you enter the parks for the first time that day. You can add extra days beforehand, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!