Ticket Upgrade/ Parking

Lights

Mouseketeer
Hello! I will be heading to Universal in December and we already have our tickets, I was thinking of possibly upgrading mine to an Annual Pass (the one with free parking after first visit) and that’s where my question comes. If I go my first day, pay for parking, go to the parks and upgrade while I am inside, will that count as my “first visit” and the upcoming days I won’t have to pay for my parking or will my “first visit” count after I have upgraded, even though I already went for a day? Hope that makes sense. Tried looking everywhere and I couldn’t find anything.

Basically, as I understand it, the premise is that they won't refund your parking or give you free parking without the AP. So, you can either pay the first day and present your pass at the parking booth the subsequent days for free parking or have someone drop you off to get the pass and then pick you up to park for free the first day. I believe this has been discussed in other threads but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Basically, as I understand it, the premise is that they won't refund your parking or give you free parking without the AP. So, you can either pay the first day and present your pass at the parking booth the subsequent days for free parking or have someone drop you off to get the pass and then pick you up to park for free the first day. I believe this has been discussed in other threads but someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Oh I am perfectly fine with that first day parking fee, I just wanted to know if that counted as the first, or will I basically have to pay for the first day with the regular ticket and another first day with the annual pass, therefore paying twice for a "first day."

Or am I understanding it wrong and it doesn't matter if you've paid for parking before, what they look for is that you've visited the park at least once? No matter how you got there for the free parking?

Free parking comes when you show your pass when you enter the parking garages. So, if you paid to park, then upgraded your ticket to an AP, even if you did not enter the park, once you have an active AP, the next time you enter the parking garage, show your pass, to get the free parking. And no, even then you don't have to enter a park, if you don't want to. While I have already have my AP, I've come to the City Walk parking garages, to park to enjoy some CIty Walk time, and never enter either park.

Yay, for getting an AP.

Free parking for Preferred and Premier. Though the Premier includes valet, where as Preferred, only general parking. And anyone can park in those garages, after 6pm, unless there's an event going on, like HHN.

Free parking comes when you show your pass when you enter the parking garages. So, if you paid to park, then upgraded your ticket to an AP, even if you did not enter the park, once you have an active AP, the next time you enter the parking garage, show your pass, to get the free parking. And no, even then you don't have to enter a park, if you don't want to. While I have already have my AP, I've come to the City Walk parking garages, to park to enjoy some CIty Walk time, and never enter either park.

Yay, for getting an AP.

Free parking for Preferred and Premier. Though the Premier includes valet, where as Preferred, only general parking. And anyone can park in those garages, after 6pm, unless there's an event going on, like HHN.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I am aiming for the Preferred pass. I was an AP a few years back, but since I am not local and the tiers changed and what they included since then, I was filled with questions! I feel like for the Disney AP there’s an answer for everything, but for UO, people don’t talk about it in that much detail. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!