Ticket Question

mickeyfan9194

Mouseketeer
I have old tickets from 2001 when our family was 2 adults and 2 kids. The kids are now adults. Can I take these old tickets to a Disney store and have them credited toward new park tickets for a vacation that the 4 of us will be taking next year?

The only way to exchange tickets is at Disney... Be prepared to answer questions to prove ownership.
if they are non-expiring or for that fact expiring I would say use them as you will get little value for them... the non-expiring they will not do anything with..
it may vary but this is what o have been told..

Based on the previous reply (and further research), the only way to use the old tickets is to take them to a park ticket booth or Guest Relations window. Just so I understand correctly, there isn't any way to make fast pass reservations ahead of time for the days that we use these old tickets?

Correct that The Disney Store will not be able to help with old tickets. Check the ticket sticky on the TPAS forum. I believe there is an email address, you can try emailing pictures of the tickets. They may be able to help. Otherwise, take them with you on your next visit and exchange for ones with an RFID that can be linked to MDE for a future trip.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have old tickets from 2001 when our family was 2 adults and 2 kids. The kids are now adults. Can I take these old tickets to a Disney store and have them credited toward new park tickets for a vacation that the 4 of us will be taking next year?
These would be pre-MYW tickets (MYW was introduced in 2005).

They cannot be used toward the purchase of new park tickets but can be exchanged for RFID-enabled passes that have the same entitlements as those that remain on your current tickets (# of days, park hopping, any water park visits).

FWIW, Disney does not penalize a child for growing up. Those 2 child tickets can be exchanged for adult tickets for no additional charge.

If the tickets were non-expiring tickets and they were partially used by the kids when they were under ten yrs old, they can be upgraded to 10+ tickets for no extra charge. However, if they were never used, you may have to pay a fee to upgrade them to 10+ tickets from 3-9 tickets.

The only way to exchange tickets is at Disney... Be prepared to answer questions to prove ownership.
if they are non-expiring or for that fact expiring I would say use them as you will get little value for them... the non-expiring they will not do anything with..
it may vary but this is what o have been told..
I have some similar tickets from waaay back, and I have two questions:

- How can I prove ownership? I bought these tickets a long, long time ago, and I certainly don't have receipts. I probably bought them online, but where?
- 3 of my old-old tickets contain only water park days. Is that any different in terms of today-use?

- How can I prove ownership? I bought these tickets a long, long time ago, and I certainly don't have receipts. I probably bought them online, but where?
- 3 of my old-old tickets contain only water park days. Is that any different in terms of today-use?
I don't know how old those tickets are. Do they pre-date the time when finger scans were not in use? A finger scan by the owner of the ticket should suffice as proof of ownership. However, it is my understanding that new RFID tickets that are issued in exchange for old tickets can be reassigned and I don't recall any posts stating that proof of ownership is required. I actually have paper tickets - the kind that were hole punched and stamped with a date - and they have one day left on each of them. IIRC, people have been able to exchange those for new RFID tickets as well.

Your pluses (waterpark, Disney Quest. Pleasure Island) are still good but only for waterparks because the other two closed a long time ago.

I don't know how old those tickets are. Do they pre-date the time when finger scans were not in use? A finger scan by the owner of the ticket should suffice as proof of ownership. However, it is my understanding that new RFID tickets that are issued in exchange for old tickets can be reassigned and I don't recall any posts stating that proof of ownership is required. I actually have paper tickets - the kind that were hole punched and stamped with a date - and they have one day left on each of them. IIRC, people have been able to exchange those for new RFID tickets as well.

Your pluses (waterpark, Disney Quest. Pleasure Island) are still good but only for waterparks because the other two closed a long time ago.
Yes, mine are pre-finger scan. Good point.
Yes, the waterpark thing makes sense.
Thanks!

You may be able to add them to you MDE account with a phone call depending on the type of ticket you have so try that first. That way you can plan FP's ahead of time. They may need to connect you to the IT department.

I had a few old non-expiring tickets (one from around 1996 and two from 2002 IIRC) and was able to have them added to my MDE account by calling up. I had one ticket added to my account, another to my wife's account, and a third to my daughter's, who wasn't even born when the ticket was purchased, it was originally purchased and used by someone else. The tickets all have theme park admission on them and at least 2 of the 3 have a waterpark day on them.

You may be able to add them to you MDE account with a phone call depending on the type of ticket you have so try that first. That way you can plan FP's ahead of time. They may need to connect you to the IT department.

I had a few old non-expiring tickets (one from around 1996 and two from 2002 IIRC) and was able to have them added to my MDE account by calling up. I had one ticket added to my account, another to my wife's account, and a third to my daughter's, who wasn't even born when the ticket was purchased, it was originally purchased and used by someone else. The tickets all have theme park admission on them and at least 2 of the 3 have a waterpark day on them.
You may have an issue with the ticket you assigned to your daughter. Tickets are non-transferrable once used.

Re-reading what I typed I should have typed the ticket was purchased by me but used by someone else. It was well before the finger scan began and all the ticket says on it is "My Name Party." What I was originally planning on doing was to add 2 of the ticket to my profile and the other to my wife. It was the CM in IT that said we should add it to my daughters profile. I even asked about the non-transferable wording and they said the ticket was old enough that it wasn't a problem.

All tickets regardless of vintage or age are nontransferable after usage has begun.

If all the tickets are of the same kind and have the same things (admissions; entitlements) remaining you might add one ticket to each person's My Disney Experience account to book Fastpasses with (assuming any of that vintage can be so added). When you get there have Guest Relations help figure out which ticket was really whose. More likely the GR CM will zero out the finger scans, a few seconds laters say that the switch was done, and each family member can just use the ticket that ended up in his/her MDE account.

As a general rule it is not a good idea to use old tickets during the same 3+ day vacation that you also buy new tickets for. You can book fastpasses using a collection of old tickets in your MDE account, buy new exact length tickets later, add those to your MDE account, and (at Guest Relations) prioritize the tickets so the new tickets get used first.

Here's another question--I know that the old tickets each have 1 park admission on them and 3 pluses. We probably won't have time for the waterparks on this trip. If I convert the park day, do I have to convert the plus options at the same time, or could those be used on a later trip?

You cannot split the entitlements. An upgrade would be to either a base ticket (1 park per day) or hopper ticket (without waterparks) or a hopper-plus ticket (with waterparks).

You haven't indicated whether these tickets are "whole" and unused, or if they were partially-used several years ago. Any ticket that is partially used cannot be upgraded; it can only be used for the entitlements that remain.

Enjoy your vacation!

You cannot split the entitlements. An upgrade would be to either a base ticket (1 park per day) or hopper ticket (without waterparks) or a hopper-plus ticket (with waterparks).

You haven't indicated whether these tickets are "whole" and unused, or if they were partially-used several years ago. Any ticket that is partially used cannot be upgraded; it can only be used for the entitlements that remain.

Enjoy your vacation!
The PP mentioned in their OP that the tickets are from 2001. They are from prior to the introduction of MYW. Even if they are unused, those tickets cannot be upgraded. They can only be exchanged for RFID-capable passes with the same entitlements as those that remain on the tickets. The only question is whether all entitlements will continue to be no-expiry after the exchange. That’s not something I’m clear on. Perhaps it can be clarified by reading the ticket faq on the TPAS.

They are from prior to the introduction of MYW. Even if they are unused, those tickets cannot be upgraded.

Got it! I missed that and thought they were early MYW. You are correct that these tickets cannot be upgraded or modified in any way.

OP - you can certainly ask but plan to have funds to purchase additional tickets -- either full tickets for your full trip, or enough to cover the additional days beyond what you have in the old tickets. Depending on the length of your trip, and the fact that you've mentioned these tickets only have 1 park day left, I would recommend purchasing new tickets to meet your needs for the current trip and converting these tickets to RFID cards for a future visit. For the sake of making FP+, I would buy the new tickets in advance.

Enjoy your vacation!

I had water park tickets left. At the gate they called a Manager over o scan them in the system. I was then given a new ticket to replace the old.

I thought Disney announced a few years back that all old tickets were no good?
No. That has never been the case. Even the most recent version of MYW tickets that have an expiration date can still be applied toward the purchase of a new, valid ticket if they are past their expiration date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter