Ticket prices - 2020

Petalnick

Earning My Ears
Sorry in advance if this has been discussed before. Had a quick search and couldn’t find anything.

Obviously nobody knows for sure but what are the thoughts of ticket prices for 2020? I know they go up on a yearly basis but will the new Star Wars land make a big difference to the ticket prices?

When typically will the ticket prices be released for the following year? I am in the Uk so don’t know if this makes a difference

Sorry if this is a daft question. I am trying to budget a holiday for 2020 and be as organised as possible

Ticket price increases have been happening in February. There is no way to know how much they will increase until it actually happens.

It was also announced this past February that they would be introducing seasonal pricing on multiday tickets sometime later this year, indicating a second increase at some point in 2018. Since that announcement I haven't heard anything else, though

Sorry .. really no way of knowing .. your best bet is to buy before the next price increase (depending on when they expire).

It is guaranteed they will go up .. I would just budget an extra 10-20% of what they are today.

There is speculation they may even start charging different prices depending on the time of year you go (like they do with the hotels)

Long story short: Disney is going to do everything they can to take advantage of the popularity of SWGE. Seasonal pricing, increased ticket sales, higher price for DHS, etc.

Sorry .. really no way of knowing .. your best bet is to buy before the next price increase (depending on when they expire).

They have us beat there. Tickets expire, but retain their purchase price, at the end of the year now. So if you buy a ticket for $100 in 2018, it will only be worth $100 towards a new ticket in 2020. You'd be better off keeping the money in the bank.

I would think that any ticket price increase is a minuscule amount of money compared to the overall cost of a WDW excursion. Me, I would not worry about it.

My best suggestion is to chart previous increases, find the average percent that they increased each year, and then usethat growth percentage to predict where they will be in a couple of years. That may be too dorky for some, though.
Or you could just budget an obscene amount for tickets and have the leftover money saved for dining if there. That's what I'm doing in buying my parents gift cards for tickets to a trip in 2021. Better to have too much than too little.

They have us beat there. Tickets expire, but retain their purchase price, at the end of the year now. So if you buy a ticket for $100 in 2018, it will only be worth $100 towards a new ticket in 2020. You'd be better off keeping the money in the bank.
I understand that ..

My point is when it gets to the point where they will be goo until the trip, just be on the lookout for price increases and buy them then.

But generally, yes, Disney was smart (for them) to retire the no-expiration tickets.

I understand that ..

My point is when it gets to the point where they will be goo until the trip, just be on the lookout for price increases and buy them then.

But generally, yes, Disney was smart (for them) to retire the no-expiration tickets.

Yes, they generally are good until 12/31 of the year they are purchased, so grabbing them in January of that year, even if the trip is not until November, seems like the smartest move. Also, getting them from a certified discount seller like Undercover Tourist is another way to save a little money.

Yes, they generally are good until 12/31 of the year they are purchased, so grabbing them in January of that year, even if the trip is not until November, seems like the smartest move. Also, getting them from a certified discount seller like Undercover Tourist is another way to save a little money.

Does this only apply if you buy tickets separately from a room/package? I ask because we booked our November vacation last September or October. My TA never mentioned that the tickets would go up or expire. Is it safe to assume that the price we paid is it, or are we going to have to pay additional to use our tickets this year?

Ticket - $145.00
Magic Morning - $79.00
After Hours - $149.00
Grand total for full day at MK - $373.00
Now, there may be more money spent on special fast passes, but we'll see.

Does this only apply if you buy tickets separately from a room/package? I ask because we booked our November vacation last September or October. My TA never mentioned that the tickets would go up or expire. Is it safe to assume that the price we paid is it, or are we going to have to pay additional to use our tickets this year?

I honestly don't know. It would surprise me if they increased the price for you, though, as Disney knew when you were travelling when you booked it. I would check with your travel guide to make sure though.

Ticket - $145.00
Magic Morning - $79.00
After Hours - $149.00
Grand total for full day at MK - $373.00
Now, there may be more money spent on special fast passes, but we'll see.
there is not special FP, and FP is free but you can pay more to do one of the VIP tours and have more FP but that will really add to your trip

there is not special FP, and FP is free but you can pay more to do one of the VIP tours and have more FP but that will really add to your trip

With the exception of paying to book a club level room and then another $50 per person per day, 3 day minimum, to get 3 use anywhere fastpasses that are bookable at 90 days.

Not true - you pay to stay Club Level at one of the Deluxe resorts and the concierge desk helps you plan additional FP. Don't quote me I but think it's between 6-10 more!

All depends on the expiration date on those tickets. If they don't expire before your trip, you're good. But if they do, Disney will charge you the difference of what Future Ticket Price against Your Expired Ticket would cost.

All Ears has historic ticket prices all the way back to 1971 where a ticket to MK was $3.50.
The annual price increase since 2000 ranges from 3.5-8.3% with an average of about 4.5% per year. You should be safe to budget an extra 10% on costs of tickets if planning 2 for a trip in 2 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter