Ticket Price Increase - Fall 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned how this will affect AP's? I just renewed so I'm good for a year.

I have not seen anything. But I would assume, either now or later, there will be additional restrictions on most passes related to SW:GE (like happened with DL) (I assume platinum will stay blackout free?). And I'm sure increased prices to boot.

I think it always comes back to this - do people feel it was worth it. I know it's been discussed before, and while obviously most people on this group think it would be worth their first born, lol, there are a growing number on here who are dissatisfied. And, outside of here, there are plenty of people who no longer feel it was/is worth it.

Our AP's expire in 3 weeks and we are not renewing.

In their current state, the parks, to us, are "just" worth what they are priced at now. IMO, this will change with all of the additions (Tron, SWGE, Rat, etc...)

To be fair, this is how we also felt about UNI and IOA before they added HP.

They already priced us off site, for the most part (full disclosure, we are staying at POR this weekend, only because it's a mini family reunion and I didn't pick the spot)...

I'm surprised they would go ahead and push an increase this year, but I agree with pp who said they might be cushioning the blow by doing 2 smaller increases before SWGE is open..

I have heard by mid October. I have heard nothing about tomorrow. They usually do it on a Sunday.

Admittedly, it’s been a few years since I paid attention to these things as we took our vacation dollars elsewhere, but I seem to remember it as getting word it was coming on a Friday, and new prices going into effect on Sunday. So perhaps that’s what the FB admin was hearing? Regardless, that’s why I asked here since I wasn’t hearing it from anywhere else.

Thanks for the info

Admittedly, it’s been a few years since I paid attention to these things as we took our vacation dollars elsewhere, but I seem to remember it as getting word it was coming on a Friday, and new prices going into effect on Sunday. So perhaps that’s what the FB admin was hearing? Regardless, that’s why I asked here since I wasn’t hearing it from anywhere else.

Thanks for the info

Yes, perhaps that is what is going on. It's not in effect yet as I was on the site this morning. But, maybe the bombshell will be dropped today....

There are grumblings that the MDE issue is directly related to this new ticket structure.

Yeah, I read that too... think they'll say "Well, we HAD to increase the prices now because it's the only way to fix MDE! We're doing it for you guys!" LOL I don't know why I'm so cynical this week...!

Ugh. This has me worried. We were planning to do APs for Christmas this year. I didn't want to buy them until then, but now I'm not sure we should wait. I also don't want to jump the gun and have it turn out to be nothing.

we bought APs in august, I'm already regretting it. After our trip we now have disney fatigure, we're going back for a few days in November with family and then will go back for another trip for a week next year to pay for our APs. We bought them because we thought wed be going back more often and didnt want to play the "ticket price increase guess game".

My kids said this morning they want to go to the Grand Canyon for vacation next year.

I think we've finally disneyed our selves out. i wish i could turn the APs in and get my money back.

So, is this (tiered multi-day tickets) the reason Josh (easywdw) has been posting lower summer wait times?
Pay more, get lower waits?

I said “by” mid October not that it would happen mid October ;)
Sorry, rteetz; I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong; you're 100% correct. I was just trying to provide a small window without giving away the actual date (as I have promised not to do so).

Sorry, y'all; I love you guys, but I love Disney and my employer more and won't get more specific than that. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, rteetz; I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong; you're 100% correct. I was just trying to provide a small window without giving away the actual date (as I have promised not to do so).

Sorry, y'all; I love you guys, but I love Disney and my employer more and won't get more specific than that. ;)
Completely understandable.

Can you say whether or not it's all tickets, or some tickets that will change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!