Ticket and/or Maxpass increase by summer - any guesses?

MemoriesintheMaking

Mouseketeer
I know none of us truly know what is going to happen by SWGE opening time, but I'm curious what sort of educated opinions everyone may have.

If you had to guess, how much would you expect Maxpass to increase by before SWGE, if at all? As it is now, if I buy tickets through LMTC, I can save about $250 for the five 5-day park hoppers for my family over the prices directly through Disney. However, that savings disappears if Maxpass were to increase from $10 to $20 per person per day. If MP increases to over $20, then I'd be "losing" money.

Buying my tickets before any ticket increase is my plan for sure, but now I'm deciding between LMTC tickets now and buying MP each day at the parks in August 2019 vs. Disney direct tickets w/ MP included at the locked in price now.

It's not really a make or break situation, but it's like a little challenge to put everything together at the best price. :) And every bit of savings means more fun "extras" on the trip, like the WOC dessert party, etc.

Plus, I figured a conversation about the possible increases might help anyone else who might be planning now for SWGE next summer. We all would like to get the best prices worked out!

Thank you for asking this question. I have been thinking which way to go too. Anyone guess when ticket prices will increase? I was hoping to wait until the first of January to purchase. Will that be too late?

I'm hedging my bets and buying tickets now for my trip in March. Rather than buying from LMT, I'm buying gift cards at my local grocery store which is giving me substantial savings on fuel. Then I'm buying tickets directly from Disney with maxpass included to guard against any price increase on maxpass. Increases have come in February the last few years. I thought we'd see tiered pricing on multi day tickets by now, so who knows...

I am pretty sure that the price of MaxPass will increase. My DD is doing some planning about our upcoming trip and she remarked that the $10 a day is the "introductory price."

I went ahead and bought our 3 day hopper with MaxPass direct from Disney back in May - this is for our trip in July 2019, as soon as they had the expiry of Jan '20 I bought them.
I don't normally buy direct from Disney but I wanted to lock in the ticket price now and the 'introductory' price on the MP.
It's anyone's guess how much they could increase the ticket price and the cost of MP - but i think they definitely will.
I took a gamble to go ahead and get them now and will wait to see whether it pays off or not : )
They did bring out the special offer for Australian's again with the 4 days for price of 2 tickets but they must be used by 23 May 2019 so they would have been no good for me - at the moment I'm still feeling pretty good about having bought the tickets I've bought - I would have been real annoyed it this special 4 for price of 2 day had been valid for my trip though: )
Time will tell whether it was a good decision or not!

My opinion: I’d buy the maxpass included tickets direct from Disney. It’s just too hard to guess how much maxpass will go up.

Thanks - I think that's the way I will go!

I'm hedging my bets and buying tickets now for my trip in March. Rather than buying from LMT, I'm buying gift cards at my local grocery store which is giving me substantial savings on fuel. Then I'm buying tickets directly from Disney with maxpass included to guard against any price increase on maxpass. Increases have come in February the last few years. I thought we'd see tiered pricing on multi day tickets by now, so who knows...

"Hedging my bets" -- That's the phrase I was looking for but couldn't think of! :) That's a great idea to use the gift cards through the grocery store. Thanks for the tip!

I am pretty sure that the price of MaxPass will increase. My DD is doing some planning about our upcoming trip and she remarked that the $10 a day is the "introductory price."

Yeah, "introductory" leaves it pretty open for increases at any time. I'm actually surprised that it hasn't increased yet, but maybe they've been waiting until the new SWGE opening gets closer.

I went ahead and bought our 3 day hopper with MaxPass direct from Disney back in May - this is for our trip in July 2019, as soon as they had the expiry of Jan '20 I bought them.
I don't normally buy direct from Disney but I wanted to lock in the ticket price now and the 'introductory' price on the MP.
It's anyone's guess how much they could increase the ticket price and the cost of MP - but i think they definitely will.
I took a gamble to go ahead and get them now and will wait to see whether it pays off or not : )
They did bring out the special offer for Australian's again with the 4 days for price of 2 tickets but they must be used by 23 May 2019 so they would have been no good for me - at the moment I'm still feeling pretty good about having bought the tickets I've bought - I would have been real annoyed it this special 4 for price of 2 day had been valid for my trip though: )
Time will tell whether it was a good decision or not!

It is a gamble, but I think I'm going to make that same bet. :) Have fun in July!!

If you were to buy a three day pass with maxpass included and then upgrade to annual passes, does the extra cost of the maxpass also carry over to the upgraded annual pass price or would you just lose that maxpass money?

I think they might become a ticket add on like park hopping. This would have people paying for it all or nothing.

I'm not sure they will double the cost to $20 a day. Some people would still pay, but that's a big jump. It would cause a lot more people to second guess the expense. Many people on here with larger families have already said it's too expensive for their party size. They'd make more money by slowing raising it as they do food and regular ticket prices. Or by adding it to the tickets as an add on where it is cheaper the more days they stay .

If you were to buy a three day pass with maxpass included and then upgrade to annual passes, does the extra cost of the maxpass also carry over to the upgraded annual pass price or would you just lose that maxpass money?
My assumption would be they would roll the total price you paid towards your AP cost.

I decided to just go ahead and purchase tickets now for our July/August trip. No reason to really wait as we are full steam ahead on our plans. The tickets purchased via the Disney website said they are good until January 13 2020. However, I purchased from the app on my phone and did not notice until completed that the expiration date of these tickets are September 21st 2019! I had assumed the expiration would be the same but only good for 1 year from the app. This won't be a problem for us but just a heads up for anyone looking to purchase early tickets for next fall.

I decided to just go ahead and purchase tickets now for our July/August trip. No reason to really wait as we are full steam ahead on our plans. The tickets purchased via the Disney website said they are good until January 13 2020. However, I purchased from the app on my phone and did not notice until completed that the expiration date of these tickets are September 21st 2019! I had assumed the expiration would be the same but only good for 1 year from the app. This won't be a problem for us but just a heads up for anyone looking to purchase early tickets for next fall.
Very interesting, I had no idea purchases on the app were any different.

I would buy directly through Disney and get the max pass and I would do it sooner rather than later. With all of the star wars stuff coming next year, prices will probably go up a lot more than usual. Disney knows demand will be through the roof so they will probably go crazy with all kinds of price increases. If you know you are going within the next 12 months, I would buy the tickets and/or annual pass as soon as possible.

I think they might become a ticket add on like park hopping. This would have people paying for it all or nothing.

I'm not sure they will double the cost to $20 a day. Some people would still pay, but that's a big jump. It would cause a lot more people to second guess the expense. Many people on here with larger families have already said it's too expensive for their party size. They'd make more money by slowing raising it as they do food and regular ticket prices. Or by adding it to the tickets as an add on where it is cheaper the more days they stay .

I know, $20 a day per person really is a lot. We have absolutely *loved* using MP on our past couple of trips, but with a family spending multiple days in the parks, it can add up quickly. I don't really know at what price point I would opt out.

Oh, wow, thanks for letting us know! I would never think about the tickets purchased via app having a different expiration date than the ones purchased via the website. I wonder why they do it that way. I'm glad it doesn't mess with your plans - have a fun trip!!

I would buy directly through Disney and get the max pass and I would do it sooner rather than later. With all of the star wars stuff coming next year, prices will probably go up a lot more than usual. Disney knows demand will be through the roof so they will probably go crazy with all kinds of price increases. If you know you are going within the next 12 months, I would buy the tickets and/or annual pass as soon as possible.

Thanks - that's the plan I'm going with! :) It's going to be a crazy trip with SWGE and the crowds, but we are really excited!

That’s just how the app is. It will add a day each time I think. Open it tomorrow and it should have rolled forward a day.

...All kidding aside, special offers excepted, has anyone ever seen ticket prices decrease?
Oddly enough, I heard someone mention that prices (for APs, not sure about day tickets) did either remain steady or drop a little after 9/11. Not surprising, but a tragic reason for the "pixie dust" (if you can even call it that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter