Throwback DIS

lilylindsay22

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I have been a long time listener of the DIS Unplugged shows, I started listening back in 2015 when I was planning my next 2016 WDW Vacation and stumbled across them and instantly loved the podcast and videos etc and it helped a lot! I had last been to WDW in 2012 so a lot can change in 4 years so I am so glad I found them, and had been hooked ever since!

Recently after running out of podcasts I thought to myself lets go back and see what the earliest DIS Unplugged episode I can listen too is and I have made it my mission to listen to all that I can!

I actually find it really interesting listening to what was going on in the parks in 2006 (currently listening to an episode in the year 2007) and love hearing Pete and the team speculate over whats going into the parks and changes such as new hotels etc - BOY if they only knew whats to come!!

I also find it really nice listening to Bob Varley, I always knew he was a very missed member of the team but I never really knew what a lovable character he was, but so glad I do now. He has consistently made me giggle with every episode so far! It's really nice hearing the person who the studio is named after, it's a lovely way to keep the memory of Bob alive!

I am really enjoying my trip down memory lane, relevant or not I have learned a lot more about the history of the parks and definitely feel like I know the team a lot better!

I strongly urge anyone too look into doing the same, its actually really fun! ❣

I have done the same and listened to a handful of old shows. A classic one is one they were recording and in the middle of the show, Dustin comes over to Pete to show him the news Disney had just bought Star Wars. This gets some of their initial shock and speculation of a “Star Wars land.”
I also listened to an episode where Julie and Corey announce they were pregnant with Finley. It shows how much they have all grown and changed.

I have done the same and listened to a handful of old shows. A classic one is one they were recording and in the middle of the show, Dustin comes over to Pete to show him the news Disney had just bought Star Wars. This gets some of their initial shock and speculation of a “Star Wars land.”
I also listened to an episode where Julie and Corey announce they were pregnant with Finley. It shows how much they have all grown and changed.

NO WAY! Glad I am not alone! Thats so fun, I look forward to hearing those episodes :D

It has been a while since I've gone back and listened to the old podcasts. I remember listening to the podcast of when Julie and Corey returned after having Ferris. This summer when Ferris came to the podcast in reminded me of when he was a baby and you could hear him in the background. I also remember at first they didn't have themselves on the podcast but hired others to do the podcasts. So glad they decided to do it themselves. I think I discovered the show in 204. Funny thing is when I came to the boards and tried to sign up for account I realized I had already signed up for account in 2011. I remember the first time I had heard ramblings about this community was spring 2001 riding the cast member bus to the tunnels on my YES Program. There was a place on the internet devoted to the love of a Disney.

Does anyone have a link to the episode where they found out Disney bought Lucas Films?

Hey everyone!

I have been a long time listener of the DIS Unplugged shows, I started listening back in 2015 when I was planning my next 2016 WDW Vacation and stumbled across them and instantly loved the podcast and videos etc and it helped a lot! I had last been to WDW in 2012 so a lot can change in 4 years so I am so glad I found them, and had been hooked ever since!

Recently after running out of podcasts I thought to myself lets go back and see what the earliest DIS Unplugged episode I can listen too is and I have made it my mission to listen to all that I can!

I actually find it really interesting listening to what was going on in the parks in 2006 (currently listening to an episode in the year 2007) and love hearing Pete and the team speculate over whats going into the parks and changes such as new hotels etc - BOY if they only knew whats to come!!

I also find it really nice listening to Bob Varley, I always knew he was a very missed member of the team but I never really knew what a lovable character he was, but so glad I do now. He has consistently made me giggle with every episode so far! It's really nice hearing the person who the studio is named after, it's a lovely way to keep the memory of Bob alive!

I am really enjoying my trip down memory lane, relevant or not I have learned a lot more about the history of the parks and definitely feel like I know the team a lot better!

I strongly urge anyone too look into doing the same, its actually really fun! ❣
How did you listen to the 2007 episodes? I have tried and have been unsuccessful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!