Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

Is there any Canadians that have been successful in doing this? Being that we can't get a text to tell us our room is ready and we have to pick up magicbands. What if we declined the bands? Can we do this to book a bounceback offer?

Which days do you get parking? both checkin and check out or only check out?
Does it vary with camping vs hotel?

It was confusing to me because it seemed as if only campground reservations would get you free parking both days but not hotel reservations. Thank you

I am thinking of booking a campsite on a Tuesday for EMH and parking privileges and again on Friday/Saturday.

We might actually want to spend some time on the campgrounds - my son would LOVE to use the pool there etc. Is booking the two days in the same week making things too obvious and will we run into any problems (like "Hey, where is your tent?!") by being there without actually having any place to sleep?

I thought about booking at All Stars Music because it is only $15 more and our absence seems less "obvious" but wondering if am I concerned over nothing?

We might actually want to spend some time on the campgrounds - my son would LOVE to use the pool there etc. Is booking the two days in the same week making things too obvious and will we run into any problems (like "Hey, where is your tent?!") by being there without actually having any place to sleep?
From what others have posted I assume your plan would be just fine. And actually it wouldn't be a 'throwaway' booking. You would be using the campground! You just wouldn't be using all of the features. I think it's fine!

Okay so I've gone through the 30+ pages here and I have a question about PHP tickets. We have 8 day Park Hopper Plus tickets so we get 8 park days and 8 extras (water parks, mini golf etc). We are staying onsite at CSR 4/23-4/27 then staying offsite until 5/4. We are planning to do Sea World and WDW water parks 4/28-4/30. If I made a throw away campsite reservation for 5/1 would I be able to link my 8 day ticket to make the 60 FP+ for 5/1-3 or will WDW only recognize the 8 consecutive days from 4/23?

Okay so I've gone through the 30+ pages here and I have a question about PHP tickets. We have 8 day Park Hopper Plus tickets so we get 8 park days and 8 extras (water parks, mini golf etc). We are staying onsite at CSR 4/23-4/27 then staying offsite until 5/4. We are planning to do Sea World and WDW water parks 4/28-4/30. If I made a throw away campsite reservation for 5/1 would I be able to link my 8 day ticket to make the 60 FP+ for 5/1-3 or will WDW only recognize the 8 consecutive days from 4/23?
I don't think you even need your throwaway. Your 60+ will roll forward for your offsite days.

When you book a throwaway, is it still okay to use it like a regular package? We're going to be in the parks 2 days in February. My plan is to book one night for each group (we have 12 total, so we'd have to book two sites) at fort wilderness, but I was thinking of adding 2-day tickets and a dining plan for each person. Is this okay? Can I still use the reservation like a package without actually staying on site? Normally, I wouldn't consider dining plans, but the amount per person would likely shake out to be the same without it and we'd spread the credits over both park days and likely supplement with a counter service or whatever each day. We were already planning on booking a throwaway mainly to get the 60 days out fastpasses, everything else is just a bonus that we're not paying too much of a premium for. What say all of you? Thanks!

When you book a throwaway, is it still okay to use it like a regular package? We're going to be in the parks 2 days in February. My plan is to book one night for each group (we have 12 total, so we'd have to book two sites) at fort wilderness, but I was thinking of adding 2-day tickets and a dining plan for each person. Is this okay? Can I still use the reservation like a package without actually staying on site? Normally, I wouldn't consider dining plans, but the amount per person would likely shake out to be the same without it and we'd spread the credits over both park days and likely supplement with a counter service or whatever each day. We were already planning on booking a throwaway mainly to get the 60 days out fastpasses, everything else is just a bonus that we're not paying too much of a premium for. What say all of you? Thanks!

Not sure of the ages of you group of 12, but since you are considering a dining plan maybe consider booking one adult and any/some kids under 10 years old at one campsite and the rest of your party (adults) at the other campsite. Then book Deluxe dining plan for only the campsite with the children.

Hint: Children cost considerably less than adults on Deluxe Dining Plan and they can order adult entrees at most TS restaurants.

You'll have to do the math to figure if this will work in your favor but the savings could be big for a group of 12 if you plan to eat at Table Service restaurants.

Last edited:
Not sure of the ages of you group of 12 but, since you are considering a dining plan maybe consider booking one adult and any/some kids under 10 years old at one campsite and the rest of your party (adults) at the other campsite. Then book Deluxe dining plan for only the campsite with the children.

Hint: Children cost considerably less than adults on Deluxe Dining Plan and they can order adult entrees at most TS restaurants.

You'll have to do the math to figure if this will work in your favor but the savings could be big for a group of 12 if you plan to eat at Table Service restaurants.

Good to know, I'll check it out. Thank you for the advice!

I don't think you even need your throwaway. Your 60+ will roll forward for your offsite days.

This was not the case for me. We have room reservations on the 23rd and 25th and six day tickets and we were not able to book any fastpasses beyond the nights we had reservations.

From what others have posted I assume your plan would be just fine. And actually it wouldn't be a 'throwaway' booking. You would be using the campground! You just wouldn't be using all of the features. I think it's fine!

I actually asked in customer service and I was told that as long as I had a reservation somewhere, I was welcome to use any amenities I wanted at said resort and no one would care where we slept. So I'm officially absolved from all guilt LOL

This was not the case for me. We have room reservations on the 23rd and 25th and six day tickets and we were not able to book any fastpasses beyond the nights we had reservations.
Your 60-day window rolls forward so you can book FPs 60 days out from each offsite park day.

Long time reader, first time poster....

We have a reservation at the Swan - booked on SPG points - from 1/5 - 1/9. Bought the tickets through AAA and linked everything on My Disney Experience including FP+ and ADR. We are now thinking of switching to the Waldorf Astoria which is off property. If we cancel the Swan and switch to the Waldorf would we lose our FP+ and ADR?

We have a reservation at the Swan - booked on SPG points - from 1/5 - 1/9. Bought the tickets through AAA and linked everything on My Disney Experience including FP+ and ADR. We are now thinking of switching to the Waldorf Astoria which is off property. If we cancel the Swan and switch to the Waldorf would we lose our FP+ and ADR?

You wouldn’t lose the ADRs since you’re well within 180 days of your stay.

Last edited:

You can cancel your Swan reservation at any time. It’s your linked tickets that keep your FPs intact.

Just make sure you have your FPs booked as planned and make any modifications before you cancel Swan.

Then, when you’re within your 30 day window, you will have the ability to Modify or Change any of your FPs.

You can cancel your Swan reservation at any time. It’s your linked tickets that keep your FPs intact.

Just make sure you have your FPs booked as planned and make any modifications before you cancel Swan.

Then, when you’re within your 30 day window, you will have the ability to Modify or Change any of your FPs.

Thanks for the correction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!