Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the rules have changed? I check in 11/19, check out 11/20 with a 5 day ticket. I've not been able to make any FPs except for my check in and check out day. All the other days are blocked out still.

Does anyone know if the rules have changed? I check in 11/19, check out 11/20 with a 5 day ticket. I've not been able to make any FPs except for my check in and check out day. All the other days are blocked out still.

That IS the rule. See my post on the previous page.

I have a single night booked at the campsites. I'm actually still hoping to get an actual cabin at FW, but I'm not finding any availability. Sigh. Anyway, I booked a throwaway room for Wednesday night with check out on Thursday. Then we actually check in to AoA on Friday. Anyway know how my FPs will work? I'm worried about the fact I don't have an on-site room booked for Thursday night. Is the system smart enough to let me keep booking the rolling 60 days out? We have 4 day park hopper tickets.

ETA: I read the split stay info on the FP sticky. I didn't see my situation listed though. Although I have all of my days covered, there's a gap in my nights. It looks like 1 night onsite, 1 night off site, and then 3 nights onsite.

UPDATE: Just wanted to add to this post in case people read it in the future. Even though we had that one night gap in my reservations, I was able to book FPs for all of the days starting 60 days out from out first night. Now I'll just keep checking for availability of cabins at FW.

Last edited:
I have a single night booked at the campsites. I'm actually still hoping to get an actual cabin at FW, but I'm not finding any availability. Sigh. Anyway, I booked a throwaway room for Wednesday night with check out on Thursday. Then we actually check in to AoA on Friday. Anyway know how my FPs will work? I'm worried about the fact I don't have an on-site room booked for Thursday night. Is the system smart enough to let me keep booking the rolling 60 days out? We have 4 day park hopper tickets.

ETA: I read the split stay info on the FP sticky. I didn't see my situation listed though. Although I have all of my days covered, there's a gap in my nights. It looks like 1 night onsite, 1 night off site, and then 3 nights onsite.

I think the gap breaks the "link" between the reservations, so you'll have two dates to keep in mind. 60 days from the first reservation check-in, you can book the check-in day (Wed) and check-out day (Thu). Then, two days later (60-days from the second reservation), you can book the third day (Fri), through to the check-out day, whenever that is. So the rolling 60 days doesn't really matter much as that is the same day as you would book for the second reservation anyways.

Of course, you are limited to four days total.

Booked a throwaway for one night midweek of our trip (2 weeks from now). We are actually staying offsite. We received our magicbands a week ago. Our plans have changed and now our days to Disney are different. If I cancel our throwaway night, will it void our magicbands? Not worried about fastpasses as we won't be there on those particular days????

Booked a throwaway for one night midweek of our trip (2 weeks from now). We are actually staying offsite. We received our magicbands a week ago. Our plans have changed and now our days to Disney are different. If I cancel our throwaway night, will it void our magicbands? Not worried about fastpasses as we won't be there on those particular days????

No, they should still work to enter the park and redeem Fastpasses, so long as you still have a ticket registered in your profile.

No, they should still work to enter the park and redeem Fastpasses, so long as you still have a ticket registered in your profile.
Thanks. Can we cancel our fastpass and try for different ones on the days we will be going?

Im coming from the UK and just read this tip. If I book a campsite, I'm assuming they won't ship my MB so I'd need to physically turn up and get my band. Can I then just say I don't actually want to stay the night and they'll be okay with it? Or will they cancel my reservation? Will this have a knock on effect for my FP?

Is it worth booking the fastpasses, cancelling the onsite booking and my Fastpasses will keep the way they are? And I can just buy MB at Disney Springs?
Please and thanks.

Im coming from the UK and just read this tip. If I book a campsite, I'm assuming they won't ship my MB so I'd need to physically turn up and get my band. Can I then just say I don't actually want to stay the night and they'll be okay with it? Or will they cancel my reservation? Will this have a knock on effect for my FP?

Even if you have to go to Fort Wilderness to pick up your magic bands, I don't know if they would know or care that you don't actually use your campsite.

I have booked a throwaway room for one night at the campsite. The reservation is for two couples. We have two separate MDE accounts but are linked. We are 58 days out and I was working on online check-in. There does not appear to be a way in MDE to link two separate credits cards for the room charges/magic band use. I assume if we wanted a credit card linked to each couple I would need to actually go to the check in desk?

I have booked a throwaway room for one night at the campsite. The reservation is for two couples. We have two separate MDE accounts but are linked. We are 58 days out and I was working on online check-in. There does not appear to be a way in MDE to link two separate credits cards for the room charges/magic band use. I assume if we wanted a credit card linked to each couple I would need to actually go to the check in desk?
Yes; in your case it’s best to plan to use your actual credit cards for charging rather than charge to a room account via MBs.

Yes; in your case it’s best to plan to use your actual credit cards for charging rather than charge to a room account via MBs.

Thank you. If we find the time to get back the resort is it possible for them to link both cards?

Thank you. If we find the time to get back the resort is it possible for them to link both cards?
Yes. But then you’d have to check back in with the front desk after a few purchases to ensure the charges are going to the separate credit cards. Less of a hassle to charge to a credit card or better yet, Apple Pay if you have an iPhone or Apple Watch.

Yes. But then you’d have to check back in with the front desk after a few purchases to ensure the charges are going to the separate credit cards. Less of a hassle to charge to a credit card or better yet, Apple Pay if you have an iPhone or Apple Watch.

Makes sense, thanks for your help!

There are so many tips and tricks on here but is anyone able to give feedback or advice from actual experience once they got to Disney?

There are so many tips and tricks on here but is anyone able to give feedback or advice from actual experience once they got to Disney?
When you arrive at WDW, you “are” an onsite guest for your check-in and checkout days and benefit from onsite perks as described in the first post.

For the rest of your stay, you are an offsite guest and you visit the parks without any onsite perks. You do use your MagicBands daily to enter the parks and FP lines.

@Ckelly has everything outlined in his first post.

we are staying at the swan from 8/26-9/1.

so i get the 180 days, but i don't get the extra 10 because not an official disney owned property

if i booked a throw away for 8/25 could I then book my entire trip of dining reservations 180+10?

also, if 2 months before the trip I cancelled the throw away room, would all my reservations be ok because I will still be booked at the swan for my trip?

so confusing!!!

so i get the 180 days, but i don't get the extra 10 because not an official disney owned property

if i booked a throw away for 8/25 could I then book my entire trip of dining reservations 180+10?

also, if 2 months before the trip I cancelled the throw away room, would all my reservations be ok because I will still be booked at the swan for my trip?

so confusing!!!
Swan guests are onsite guests and have ‘onsite’ perks except for Dining.

You don’t need a Throwaway and discussion of Canceling Throwaway rooms is not allowed.

Last edited:

so confusing!!!

You are correct in that Swan and Dolphin guests do not get 180 + length of stay up to 10 days ADR booking priviliges. You'll have to call daily.

Booking a "Disney" room for one night will give you only 2 days' worth of ADR's...check-in day and check-out day.

People get hung up using the term 180+10, which is not correct. The correct term is as I stated above...."180 + length of stay, UP TO 10 days".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter