Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Not really throwing away a room, as we intend to stay for one night (never stayed on Disney, always off) So we are off site for 12 of the 13 nights we are in the area, we have 14 day tickets already and I intend to book a night at a value resort for us to stay one night midway through, our check in day is an EMH day and we check out the day after.

We're from the UK.

So I guess I can book FP+ 60 days out for the two days (arrival and depart) and I get free parking (where is that at, the parks?). As we will be there prior to the date we will stay, can I go get our Magic Bands as soon as we arrive in Orlando, about 8 days prior to staying at disney, and check in etc or will I have to wait? I'm told as long as we are checked in we can enjoy EMH on the checking day even though its 8:00am.

I'm sure I will have more questions but before I book just want to check I'm getting the deal right.

Regards

Paul

This may have been asked before and if so I apologize, if I make a 1 day campsite reservation for 10 people will my magic bands be mailed to me or do I have to pick them up? Thank you

If you are in the US, the magic bands will be shipped to the address you have. If you are UK/international, your MB will be held at the check in of your resort.

Similar to a few people here, my wife and I are going to stay off-site (about 5 minutes from AKL) at a house we rent with our family for most of the vacation because it is WAY WAY WAY cheaper (especially for Canadians!) But since it is going to be our anniversary at the same time we are down there, we are going to do two days at a Disney Resort to a) celebrate and b) have alone time. The perk happens to be that we were able to book fast passes for us AND our family in advance of the 30 days.

It is the second time we are doing this. Now, it isn't a "throwaway" room per say, but I can appreciate that it is playing the system a little. Sorry for those who disapprove!

So, my family and I are planning a trip for early October. We will arrive on a Friday and leave the following Friday. We are staying off site for the whole trip, but have a campsite booked for check-in on Wednesday with check-out on Thursday. As I understand it, our FP window will open up 60 days prior to the Wednesday check-in date. I want to confirm that once this window opens, I will be able to book FP’s for the park days (Saturday-Tuesday) that occur before our Wednesday check-in date.

Thanks

So, my family and I are planning a trip for early October. We will arrive on a Friday and leave the following Friday. We are staying off site for the whole trip, but have a campsite booked for check-in on Wednesday with check-out on Thursday. As I understand it, our FP window will open up 60 days prior to the Wednesday check-in date. I want to confirm that once this window opens, I will be able to book FP’s for the park days (Saturday-Tuesday) that occur before our Wednesday check-in date.

Thanks
I'll take a stab at answering your question, though, I'm a little unclear of what your asking. If you had a campsite booked for 7 nights, for example, you would be able to book FP's for all 7 days...right at your sixty day mark. However, since you are only on-site for one night, at the sixty day mark you may book your first day, only. Then, you can proceed to book each day individually...which means if you are trying to grab hard-to-get FP's, you will have to get up each morning, early, for seven days straight to book each day at it's own 60 day mark. Is that what you were wanting to know?

I'll take a stab at answering your question, though, I'm a little unclear of what your asking. If you had a campsite booked for 7 nights, for example, you would be able to book FP's for all 7 days...right at your sixty day mark. However, since you are only on-site for one night, at the sixty day mark you may book your first day, only. Then, you can proceed to book each day individually...which means if you are trying to grab hard-to-get FP's, you will have to get up each morning, early, for seven days straight to book each day at it's own 60 day mark. Is that what you were wanting to know?

Belle5

No, most of our park days will occur before our campsite stay on Wednesday, which is towards the end of our trip. Since our FP window will not open until 60 days before Wednesday, I was wondering if I would be able to book our FP's for the days before our Wednesday stay once our window opens. Basically, book FP's for Saturday-Tuesday once the 60 day window opens for our Wednesday campsite stay, so it would be for days 56, 57, 58, 59. We tried to get our campsite at the beginning of our trip, but there were no sites available until later in the week.

Belle5

No, most of our park days will occur before our campsite stay on Wednesday, which is towards the end of our trip. Since our FP window will not open until 60 days before Wednesday, I was wondering if I would be able to book our FP's for the days before our Wednesday stay once our window opens. Basically, book FP's for Saturday-Tuesday once the 60 day window opens for our Wednesday campsite stay, so it would be for days 56, 57, 58, 59. We tried to get our campsite at the beginning of our trip, but there were no sites available until later in the week.

I will look forward to seeing the responses you get to this question! I honestly have no idea, as I have not ever had that situation.

My question isn't exactly regarding a throwaway room. I have a slightly different scenario in not knowing which date my two week vacation will start due to dh's work issues. I have two separate reservations booked: Nov 14-24, and Nov 21-Dec 4. We will not know for sure until about six weeks out. If I book FP's on the 14-24 dates at 60 days out and then end up having to cancel and go with the 21-4 dates will I lose any of my FP selections for the overlapping dates of the 21st through the 24th?

Belle5

When your FP booking window opens, it's a fullly open 60 days plus length of onsite stay. This includes all your park days prior to your onsite stay.

My question isn't exactly regarding a throwaway room. I have a slightly different scenario in not knowing which date my two week vacation will start due to dh's work issues. I have two separate reservations booked: Nov 14-24, and Nov 21-Dec 4. We will not know for sure until about six weeks out. If I book FP's on the 14-24 dates at 60 days out and then end up having to cancel and go with the 21-4 dates will I lose any of my FP selections for the overlapping dates of the 21st through the 24th?
You won't lose any of your pre-booked FPs but you'll need to Cancel the 14-20th FPs to open up booking for your actual stay.

You won't lose any of your pre-booked FPs but you'll need to Cancel the 14-20th FPs to open up booking for your actual stay.
I forgot to mention that I have an Annual Pass so that probably means I won't need to cancel in order for the second RO res to open?

I forgot to mention that I have an Annual Pass so that probably means I won't need to cancel in order for the second RO res to open?
Your reservation automatically opens the FP booking window so yes, you can book for all park days based on your 2 onsite stays.

Thank you for all the wonderful information! I have a throw away campsite scheduled for the first two days of our trip 9/11 and 9/12. We'll be staying offsite for the rest of the week. I have 4 day park tickets linked to my MDE account. Yesterday morning (7/13) I was able to get our fastpasss for our park days on 9/11 and 9/12. We won't be doing park days again that week until 9/14 and 9/15. How does the rolling 60 day window work? I logged on today just to make sure I could schedule some if I wanted to for 9/13 and I wasn't given access to schedule anything beyond 9/12. I've read this entire thread but I think I'm not understanding something properly. Please help!

Thank you for all the wonderful information! I have a throw away campsite scheduled for the first two days of our trip 9/11 and 9/12. We'll be staying offsite for the rest of the week. I have 4 day park tickets linked to my MDE account. Yesterday morning (7/13) I was able to get our fastpasss for our park days on 9/11 and 9/12. We won't be doing park days again that week until 9/14 and 9/15. How does the rolling 60 day window work? I logged on today just to make sure I could schedule some if I wanted to for 9/13 and I wasn't given access to schedule anything beyond 9/12. I've read this entire thread but I think I'm not understanding something properly. Please help!
The "60" is the key.

You have to be exactly 60 days out from each offsite park day to book those FPs.

You are too early because your window begins rolling tomorrow.

The "60" is the key.

You have to be exactly 60 days out from each offsite park day to book those FPs.

You are too early because your window begins rolling tomorrow.
Thanks for responding so quickly! So tomorrow would be the first day I can book for 9/13, Sunday 7/16 is the day I book for 9/14, and then Monday 7/17 is the day I book for 9/15?

AP's only allow you to book 7 days of FP at a time. If you are staying on property for longer than 7 days, then you can usually book for the length of your stay. Having two separate bookings may affect this as it is the resort stay that allows FP beyond 7 days. You should be able to reserve FP for Nov 14-24 at 60 days out from the 14th, then the rest of the FP at 60 days out from the 21st. Based on recent experience, I'd put the odds of the system actually allowing that to happen around 50-50.

Has anyone booked a campsite recently? I have attempted for the past few days and I get all the way to the check out page where I enter my cc info, but when I click purchase I get this message

"Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later."

I'm including 6 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants to the reservation. Is this too many people? I know its supposed to be up to 10 people but I don't know what else would be causing this error and I want to prepare before I call.

Has anyone booked a campsite recently? I have attempted for the past few days and I get all the way to the check out page where I enter my cc info, but when I click purchase I get this message

"Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later."

I'm including 6 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants to the reservation. Is this too many people? I know its supposed to be up to 10 people but I don't know what else would be causing this error and I want to prepare before I call.

I started to book one earlier for February and had no problem, but then again I didn't go all the way through to click purchase. That's definitely not too many people.

Hi! I have a throwaway room situation that is a bit unique. I am going to WDW with 5 other people from April 8 - April 12 in 2018 (5 days). My original plan was to book the throwaway room for April 8 so we could get parking for the 8th and 9th. I believe this would allow us to start booking FP+ for the first day on February 7, and then the rest of the days on a rolling basis.

However, we have 4 other people who will be joining us for two park days on April 11 and 12. They will only have two-day park tickets. If I add them to the throwaway room reservation for the 8th, will we still be able to book FP+ for them 60 days before? I am worried we would only be able to book their FP+ for April 8 and 9 because of the 2-day tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter