Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is right except 2 things. 60 days before 8/23 is 6/24, not tomorrow. And you can book dining now. You may have wanted to schedule your dining around your FP+ times though.
DOH! Much like Goofy, Math was never my strong point! Thanks! And Yes, I wanted to schedule the Dining around the FP+ times.

I booked a campsite for Aug 20th, check out Aug 21st. My 60 day window opened yesterday, I booked FP's for Aug 20 and 21, but there's no rolling days after that when I log in. Will Aug 23rd be available to FP tomorrow when it's my 60 days?
By the way, no FoP FP's were available 60 days out.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

I booked a campsite for Aug 20th, check out Aug 21st. My 60 day window opened yesterday, I booked FP's for Aug 20 and 21, but there's no rolling days after that when I log in. Will Aug 23rd be available to FP tomorrow when it's my 60 days?
By the way, no FoP FP's were available 60 days out.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

Correct. The remainder of the days will open up on a rolling basis 60 days prior. I assume Aug 23rd won't open until tomorrow but you can book Aug 22 today!

If check in doesn't start until 3PM how do you get free parking for that day if you go to the parks early?

I apologize if this has been asked previously, but I have skimmed all the pages and was unable to find a similar question or answer.

I just bought a campsite stay for 2/5-2/6. I did not purchase park tickets with it but will do so soon. How does that work with the magic bands? Do they send them regardless of whether or not tickets have been purchased? The confirmation page just mentioned where my travel documents will be sent. I'm so sorry, this is my first time doing this and i thought I had it figured out after reading so many of the posts here but now I'm just as confused as when I first read about it.

I apologize if this has been asked previously, but I have skimmed all the pages and was unable to find a similar question or answer.

I just bought a campsite stay for 2/5-2/6. I did not purchase park tickets with it but will do so soon. How does that work with the magic bands? Do they send them regardless of whether or not tickets have been purchased? The confirmation page just mentioned where my travel documents will be sent. I'm so sorry, this is my first time doing this and i thought I had it figured out after reading so many of the posts here but now I'm just as confused as when I first read about it.

Yes. You will receive bands regardless of tickets.

Yes. You will receive bands regardless of tickets.

Thank you! So I guess I should have asked - and I'm sorry if I'm not wording it correctly, I'm not really sure what I'm asking, lol - is how does it work with the bands? Obviously I will be purchasing our tickets before the 60-day mark. So, when do they send them? Is this something I need to sign up for through MDE? For example, do we pick the colors we'd like? Or is there a post somewhere that outlines the basic steps for something like this that I can be directed to?

Again, my apologies. This is the very first time ever that I've booked an on-site stay and since the "stay" is a throw-away room, I'm not sure where the appropriate place is to ask these questions.

You can add tickets now and not have to pay for them yet, they give you until 30 days out. You need to go into your MDE account and select your color before 30 days out when they get ready to ship, you can do that today if you want. There are threads on how to do most things once you get the hang of this site and looking around.

You can add tickets now and not have to pay for them yet, they give you until 30 days out. You need to go into your MDE account and select your color before 30 days out when they get ready to ship, you can do that today if you want. There are threads on how to do most things once you get the hang of this site and looking around.

Thank you. However, despite the fact that I have only been a member here for less than a year and have few posts, I have been an avid lurker for information and have succeeded in finding most of the info I'm seeking. I cannot seem to find any "informative" post/sticky post regarding magic bands in any of the forums. I have looked in the Welcome, Theme Park Strategies, Resorts, Budget, Families, and Tips. A search for "magic bands" is not very helpful as I'm not sure what terms to say to narrow my search. Is there somewhere someone can direct me for more information? Unless someone wants to go into specific detail here, lol

My basic question is just - like, so now what are the next steps?

Thank you. However, despite the fact that I have only been a member here for less than a year and have few posts, I have been an avid lurker for information and have succeeded in finding most of the info I'm seeking. I cannot seem to find any "informative" post/sticky post regarding magic bands in any of the forums. I have looked in the Welcome, Theme Park Strategies, Resorts, Budget, Families, and Tips. A search for "magic bands" is not very helpful as I'm not sure what terms to say to narrow my search. Is there somewhere someone can direct me for more information? Unless someone wants to go into specific detail here, lol

My basic question is just - like, so now what are the next steps?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-magicbands.3481711/

Does anyone know if booking a room to get a bounce back offer will work even if I don't physically go to the room? We were just there 2 weeks ago and the bounce back offers are currently only until the end of 2017. I was debating on booking a room when the 2018 bounce back offers are out and then calling to book next summer using the bounce back. Has anyone done this? Would they actually know if I physically showed up since you can bypass the check-in desk anyway with online check-in?

Er, okay.

Wow, um... just something silly to say. Though I am thankful for the link. I'll keep my personality in check from now on.

Edit: I mis-quoted previously and meant to quote the link, not your comment underneath it. Perhaps that lead to some confusion as to why I would thank you for asking about why something isn't a sticky.

Last edited:
i have a dilemma. I am staying onsite for the last two days of my vacation and made some fast pass selections for those two days at the 60 day mark but even at the 30 day mark I cant make any fast passes before my resort stay. Would making a campsite reservation on the first day of my vacation open up the 30 day window ?

i have a dilemma. I am staying onsite for the last two days of my vacation and made some fast pass selections for those two days at the 60 day mark but even at the 30 day mark I cant make any fast passes before my resort stay. Would making a campsite reservation on the first day of my vacation open up the 30 day window ?
You don't need any resort reservation to make FP at 30 days. All you need is tickets linked to the MDE profiles you are trying to make FP for. If you are within 30 days and still can't make FP selections for some, or all of your days then something else is going on.

-Is it exactly 30 days? Or is it 1 month? July has 31 days so you might be 1 day early for booking at 30 days out.

-How many days worth of tickets do you have? If, for example, you have 4-day tickets, then you can only have 4 days worth of FPs.

-if you are within 30 days and you have tickets that match the number of park-days you are trying to book FP for and still can't book, then call Disney and a CM should be able to help.

Did you book a package - room + tickets - for the onsite portion of your stay?

If so, you can't prebook FPs prior to your package Stay. When you arrive for your offsite stay, you can activate your tickets and then book FPs for your offsite park days.

This may have been asked before and if so I apologize, if I make a 1 day campsite reservation for 10 people will my magic bands be mailed to me or do I have to pick them up? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter