Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of doing this throwaway room thing, but we're staying at Cabana Bay and I don't want to have to check-in at the disney resort as well.

Can you tell me if it is possible, without physically being there and checking in, to:

- Collect the MBs at a different location?
- Benefit from early magic hours?
- Benefit from free parking?

Thank you very much!

Thinking of doing this throwaway room thing, but we're staying at Cabana Bay and I don't want to have to check-in at the disney resort as well.

Can you tell me if it is possible, without physically being there and checking in, to:

Thank you very much!
If you live in the United States they will mail your magic bands to you and you can check in on your My Disney Experience app. You can use magic hours for your day of check in and check out, and get parking for those 2 days as well. I believe you use your magic band to park. Maybe others can chime in on that.

Assuming your trip is over a month away and you live in the US, you can have your magic bands mailed to you.
You can do EMH.
You can park for free at the parks, but you may get charged the $14 per night fee for resort parking.

Thanks for the quick responses, although I don't live in the US.

Do I need the magic bands to do EMH and free parking?

Sorry...Should have said!

Thanks for the quick responses, although I don't live in the US.

Do I need the magic bands to do EMH and free parking?

Sorry...Should have said!

No.

If you already have a magic band from a previous trip, or one of the old ticket cards, you can use that. Or, if you ordered your ticket separately, and they sent you cards for your tickets, you can use them as well. Just make sure they are linked to your MDE account.

There is the option to decline magic bands in your MDE account, but make sure you have ticket cards instead, because the MB's act as your ticket, as well.

Can someone tell me if this should work? We are a group of 10 (5 adults, 4 children, 1 infant) staying in a house offsite. We will have 4 Park days (tue-fri). I was thinking of doing only 2 throwaway room days instead of 3. So, 1 reservation to check-in on tue (to get onsite benefits for tue and wed) then a separate reservation to check-in on Thursday (to get onsite benefits for Thursday and Friday). I realize that we would get 2 sets of magic bands. This would save us about $100 versus booking 3 consecutive nights. We plan to pay for and keep both reservations (so, not cancelling at 30 days). Should this work? Will this still allow 60 day fastpasses for each day?

Can someone tell me if this should work? We are a group of 10 (5 adults, 4 children, 1 infant) staying in a house offsite. We will have 4 Park days (tue-fri). I was thinking of doing only 2 throwaway room days instead of 3. So, 1 reservation to check-in on tue (to get onsite benefits for tue and wed) then a separate reservation to check-in on Thursday (to get onsite benefits for Thursday and Friday). I realize that we would get 2 sets of magic bands. This would save us about $100 versus booking 3 consecutive nights. We plan to pay for and keep both reservations (so, not cancelling at 30 days). Should this work? Will this still allow 60 day fastpasses for each day?

Where are you planning on getting your throwaway room? Campsites have gotten pretty competitive, due to the throwaway concept.

Any other actual room on property, you'll be subject to capacity limitations...in which you'd need 3 rooms per night at values (max of 4 people per room).

Where are you planning on getting your throwaway room? Campsites have gotten pretty competitive, due to the throwaway concept.

Any other actual room on property, you'll be subject to capacity limitations...in which you'd need 3 rooms per night at values (max of 4 people per room).

Also, since they are separate reservations, the FP+ time is from the start of each reservation.

Yes, we’re doing campsites. Our trip is in May, so there’s still some availability. I plan on booking today if this will work out logistically. We mainly want the free parking and 60 day fastpasses. Magic bands are a perk too since I would definitely be buying those whether we book a campsite or not. My family would split the cost with the family that is traveling with us, so the cost of the campsite is about what we would pay for 4 days of parking (with 2 cars). With the other perks included, it’s seems like a no brainer.

Yes, we’re doing campsites. Our trip is in May, so there’s still some availability. I plan on booking today if this will work out logistically. We mainly want the free parking and 60 day fastpasses. Magic bands are a perk too since I would definitely be buying those whether we book a campsite or not. My family would split the cost with the family that is traveling with us, so the cost of the campsite is about what we would pay for 4 days of parking (with 2 cars). With the other perks included, it’s seems like a no brainer.
As long as everyone has separately linked tickets and if one or all people are listed on both reservations, your FP booking window opens for your complete stay (4 days of FPs)...the window from Stay#1 merges with the booking window for Stay#2.

So I received my magic bands for my upcoming trip. I also possess RFID tickets shipped to me by Undercover Tourist. The tickets and magic bands show active for each person in my party.

Is there any reason to bring the RFID tickets with me to the park? The magic bands will function perfectly as the tickets, right? Should I bring them as a failsafe (since MDE is flaky)??

So I received my magic bands for my upcoming trip. I also possess RFID tickets shipped to me by Undercover Tourist. The tickets and magic bands show active for each person in my party.

Is there any reason to bring the RFID tickets with me to the park? The magic bands will function perfectly as the tickets, right? Should I bring them as a failsafe (since MDE is flaky)??
Whether you have the tickets or MB, if MDX is glitchy it affects whatever data is in your account.

You don’t need the tickets but if you have room in your wallet and want to carry them, no problem.

Thank you very much!
Yes, yes and yes.

I did a Fort Wilderness Campground throwaway room (for around $96) in March of 2017.
The Magic Bands for all NINE people on the reservation were sent to my house.
Our check-in day was Sunday - we pulled into DHS at 7:30 am and parked for free.
Our check-in day was that Sunday and we utilized EMH that same morning.

We never went to the campground and used free parking the next day (our check-out day) at Epcot.

Assuming your trip is over a month away and you live in the US, you can have your magic bands mailed to you.
You can do EMH.
You can park for free at the parks, but you may get charged the $14 per night fee for resort parking.
I wouldn't see how they could charge you for parking if you never show up to the resort :)

It seems from various reports that the parking fee is pretty much just an honor system thing right now anyway (that they may eventually put technology in place to enforce). If you go to the front-desk and they ask you if you have a car here, they charge you. If you do online check-in and NEVER go to the front desk, they don't really have a way of knowing if you are keeping a car at the resort.

So .. I would guess that is another benefit to throwaway rooms - actual FREE parking if you drive. (Since there is no free parking at all anymore unless you fly -- they either get you at the parks (if you stay offsite) or get you at the resorts if you stay onsite.)

For me, with the prices they charge for parking, throwaway rooms are almost worth the cost just for parking - (which is why this strategy is used).

So .. I would guess that is another benefit to throwaway rooms - actual FREE parking if you drive. (Since there is no free parking at all anymore unless you fly -- they either get you at the parks (if you stay offsite) or get you at the resorts if you stay onsite.)

DVC members still get free parking at the resorts.

As long as everyone has separately linked tickets and if one or all people are listed on both reservations, your FP booking window opens for your complete stay (4 days of FPs)...the window from Stay#1 merges with the booking window for Stay#2.

Just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. So, the reservations don't need to be 'back to back' in order for you to book your FP's all on that first day?

We are in a similar(ish) situation, though have 1 day 'off' between reservations. We have campsite reservations for:
-check-in Monday, Nov. 26th, check-out Tues. Nov. 27th
AND
-check-in Thurs. Nov. 29th, check out Friday. Nov. 30th.

We have 4 days of park tickets. Planning to go to the parks Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. Will we be able to book fp's for all 4 of these days on our window opening 60 days before Nov. 26th? Or will we be getting into a rolling 60 day scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter