Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

How Many Magnets Do You Need?

I normally wouldn't post updates so close together but I'm working the next 3 nights then headed to Nashville next week so this is my only chance to post until after my trip!

Plus, I was very excited to do the 100th post dance! :banana::banana:

-------------------------------------------------

When I left off, we had just narrowly avoided a thunderstorm and rode Spaceship Earth.

With a gap in FPs for the moment, we decided it was the first time to head to a meet and greet on both of our must-do lists!

First though, we were passing a “Disney wall” and instagram law dictated we must stop.

Untitled by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

On the way to our destination, we found that my favorite ride was a walk-on! Mike attempted to protest riding, but I bet you can guess who won that argument.

We were able to walk straight onto a vehicle that was loading, and even beat the people using their FPs because we walked faster. It’s the little things.

(It’s a video. You’re welcome).

With our journey into the imagination complete, and me singing the song on loop to DBF’s great pleasure, we were approaching the awaited meet and greet!

As @missangelalexis guessed correctly, we were meeting Ralph and Vanellope! I had only met them once, long ago, in DHS after the first movie came out and DBF had never met them. Wreck-It Ralph also happens to be the first Disney movie we watched together.

The line was kinda long but we decided to hop in it since we had no other agenda. We got in line at 1:50 and it took about 25 minutes to meet them.

While we were in line, Mike met up with a guy he is on a Disney podcast with. Yes folks, you read that correctly. The man who claims he goes to Disney to make me happy is involved in a Disney podcast (and I am not).

I used the time in line to work on our FPs for the afternoon. I had cancelled our Mission Space FP earlier to try to move Spaceship Earth later as we waited 10 years for a bus. So, I needed to schedule a new tier 2 FP. When I logged into the app, I also discovered Test Track was down due to the weather and that FP had become an anytime FP, so i was able to make another FP for Test Track! This is also when I discovered the character spot had moved back down to tier 2 and I was able to grab a FP+ for that not too far in the future! I’m guessing the change must’ve just taken effect because the next day I saw articles all over social media about it. Jackpot!

That passed the time effectively, and soon enough we were meeting our video game pals!

450637284 by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

Fist bumps with Ralph!

450637236 by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

450637704 by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

I have no idea what Vanellope was pointing to but I look very excited about it lol

450637680 by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

Apparently this is the face I make when Vanellope talks about Ralph wrecking things.

450638257 by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

After the meet and greet, we headed back outside and it had started raining again. We still had about 15-20 minutes before our character spot fastpass so we decided to check the lines for Joy/Sadness and Baymax. Unfortunately when we got there the lines were insane! So we decided to pass some time shopping in Mousegears.

We looked at a lot of things but didn’t buy anything since it was still our first day. While we were there, we went to the passholder counter to ask if they might have any of the Flower and Garden magnets left over since the festival had ended a little over a week ago. The CM working the counter was very sweet and said “Actually I do! How many do you need?” For whatever reason, Mike said 7. Without even blinking an eye, the CM counted out 7 magnets and handed them to us! I was shocked!

Here’s what the bottom of my fridge looks like now as a result:

I was excited to get the magnets since this was the first year since 2016 we hadn’t made it to Flower and Garden.

It was still raining but our FP window had opened, so we donned our ponchos and headed out!

giphy.gif
Correct. Know the feeling well. Too well.... unwell...
3-4 :rotfl:The record is 5 in 2017!
:faint:
So when they say "Welcome home"... do you say "Yeah, yeah... get out."????
Garden Grill breakfast! 2/2 members of this trip recommend.
I think I may need to look into this further.
He's a pro at it. Is it something that takes practice or is it just like a gene that kicks in once you enter fatherhood?
It's a gene. And it can't be circumvented.
I have an unreasonable fear my phone will die as soon as the TSA agent asks for my boarding pass. Even though I use my phone for just about everything 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I get that. But... so far so good!
I honestly was surprised that didn't happen also. Seriously, at what point do you think to yourself "This plane is diagonal with the ground. Maybe they put me in a seat with a seat belt for a reason?"
Was thinking of it more.
If they got him to sit and he wasn't endangering the plane... it's $$$$$$$$ to land right away. Fuel dumping. Fees. Delays....
:rotfl::rotfl:That sure would've scared all the people out of the pool !
:lmao:
Yup. And it did through the whole trip. I'm sure Disney IT has blocked my number by now.
:sad2:

Plus, I was very excited to do the 100th post dance! :banana::banana:
Saw that. :)
First though, we were passing a “Disney wall” and instagram law dictated we must stop.
I am having the most intense feeling of deja vu...
On the way to our destination, we found that my favorite ride was a walk-on! Mike attempted to protest riding, but I bet you can guess who won that argument.
I've been on that ride, so.... no one?

:duck:
and even beat the people using their FPs because we walked faster. It’s the little things.
Niiiice.
me singing the song on loop to DBF’s great pleasure,
Wreck-It Ralph also happens to be the first Disney movie we watched together.
Awww... :)
Yes folks, you read that correctly. The man who claims he goes to Disney to make me happy is involved in a Disney podcast (and I am not).
Image result for he doth protest too much gif
I discovered the character spot had moved back down to tier 2 and I was able to grab a FP+ for that not too far in the future! I’m guessing the change must’ve just taken effect because the next day I saw articles all over social media about it. Jackpot!
Huh! I don't (usually... well, at least not much) do characters so hadn't known about that one way or another.
Apparently this is the face I make when Vanellope talks about Ralph wrecking things.
:laughing:
we went to the passholder counter to ask if they might have any of the Flower and Garden magnets left over since the festival had ended a little over a week ago. The CM working the counter was very sweet and said “Actually I do! How many do you need?” For whatever reason, Mike said 7. Without even blinking an eye, the CM counted out 7 magnets and handed them to us! I was shocked!
Holy crap! Jackpot!
Here’s what the bottom of my fridge looks like now as a result:
:lmao: Not overkill at all!

Oh this little area is so charming! Really warming me up to Caribbean Beach!

The room was nice enough, nothing particularly special though. There was no real theming at all except for the one picture on the walls. I was surprised to find carpet on the floors since I thought they were going to hardwood floors with all the refurbs, which I like much better.

And then I saw the rooms. Ugh! They could really use a little color or something. You think bright colors when you think of the Caribbean. I mean they are just fine and look clean...

IT had warned us though that this may become a recurring issue on future trips so we weren't totally surprised.

I don't understand why they don't get this figured out! They know it's a very frustrating issue, and it continues to happen.

2 for Disney Springs

Wow you know it's bad when you see 2 Disney Springs buses pass before the one you're waiting for!

Love this pic with those dark clouds!

There was a meet and greet we were both anxious to get to though so that's where we decided to go!

Any guesses where we were headed?

Baymax! and then I see that I was wrong, but that was a cute meet!

For whatever reason, Mike said 7. Without even blinking an eye, the CM counted out 7 magnets and handed them to us! I was shocked!

Wow! Can't believe that they just handed them over!

Oh man, what a great feeling when you go through standby just as quickly as the people who FP in at the same time. It's the little things.

Excellent FP work in line!

Ok, why seven magnets? That's so many!

Correct. Know the feeling well. Too well.... unwell...

The things we do to pay our bills! And go on Disney trips :scared:

:faint:
So when they say "Welcome home"... do you say "Yeah, yeah... get out."????

:rotfl::rotfl:

Was thinking of it more.
If they got him to sit and he wasn't endangering the plane... it's $$$$$$$$ to land right away. Fuel dumping. Fees. Delays....

Good point. I'm sure everyone on the plane would've been annoyed for the delay and since it was so early in the morning, it probably would've caused delays all day.

Saw that. :)

:banana::banana:

I've been on that ride, so.... no one?

Aw not a :figment::figment: lover?

:rotfl::rotfl:exactly!

Huh! I don't (usually... well, at least not much) do characters so hadn't known about that one way or another.

So here's the vaguest run down ever: somewhere in the recent past, Disney decided the character spot should join all the useful FPs in Epcot in Tier 1. We all got annoyed about it, complained and moved out. Apparently somewhere around June 12, they knew I was visiting Epcot and saw the errors of their ways and put it back. The next day, the news hit the blogs and there were articles all about it. Much clearer now I hope..

Holy crap! Jackpot!

Yes!

:lmao: Not overkill at all!

No not at all, perfectly normal in fact.

Oh this little area is so charming! Really warming me up to Caribbean Beach!

The resort itself was really gorgeous and well-themed!

And then I saw the rooms. Ugh! They could really use a little color or something. You think bright colors when you think of the Caribbean. I mean they are just fine and look clean...

Yeah I was sad that there was no theming at all to them. I mean, it was a short trip and we barely were in our room so it didn't make a huge difference but still.

I don't understand why they don't get this figured out! They know it's a very frustrating issue, and it continues to happen.

I don't either. I understand that it's a relatively new system and there are going to be issues that need to be worked out but once they know it's a problem, it should be resolved.

Wow you know it's bad when you see 2 Disney Springs buses pass before the one you're waiting for!

Seriously!

Love this pic with those dark clouds!

Thank you!

Baymax! and then I see that I was wrong, but that was a cute meet!

Baymax is another of our favorites! Thank you!

Wow! Can't believe that they just handed them over!

I couldn't either lol!

Oh man, what a great feeling when you go through standby just as quickly as the people who FP in at the same time. It's the little things.

Exactly! It doesn't take much lol

Excellent FP work in line!

Thank you!

Ok, why seven magnets? That's so many!

I'm not sure- I think he wasn't actually expecting her to seriously give us 7 of them since they're usually so careful about scanning your bands and checking ID to even get one. I guess since the festival was over and they had an abundance, they weren't concerned about giving them out!

The things we do to pay our bills! And go on Disney trips :scared:
<sigh> Need to win that lottery that I never play...
Aw not a :figment::figment: lover?
Not really. I tend to only go on it when I'm with someone else who wants to.
So here's the vaguest run down ever: somewhere in the recent past, Disney decided the character spot should join all the useful FPs in Epcot in Tier 1. We all got annoyed about it, complained and moved out. Apparently somewhere around June 12, they knew I was visiting Epcot and saw the errors of their ways and put it back. The next day, the news hit the blogs and there were articles all about it. Much clearer now I hope..
This makes complete and total sense.

So jel! Have so much fun in Nashville! Love it there!!!

Also jel, I really hope we can fit in the Ralph and Vanellope meet!

Who doesn’t like figment?!? Also can we talk about his podcast!!?!? I feel like we need more info, what is the topic? How often do they do it?

How nice that CM gave you all those magnets, but what will you do with them all is the real question!

I do miss the original version, but I ride Journey into Imagination at least once every trip. I think it's a requirement to say hello to Figment while at Disney World!

That's pretty funny about Mike's podcast. Yes, not a Disney fan at all... :rotfl:

Nice work on obtaining such great Fastpasses! I never understood why Character Spot was a tier one FP - I think that was an appropriate correction!

Enjoying your report!
If you are in the Opryland area when in Nashville, stop at the Disney Store Outlet there in Opry Mills Mall! I will be working 7/15 (6-9:30) and 7/20 (10:45-2)

Lynn

LOVE Journey into Imagination! We have the Disney Parks Official Album, and that's one of our favorite songs to listen to!

I also love that you walked passed the people in the FP line because they were too slow.:rotfl2:

Vanellope and Ralph are great characters to meet!

And your FP mojo was awesome that day!

7 magnets.... :rotfl2: Such a random number but so funny. Of course, what I think might be funnier is that you were able to get the magnets no problem since the festival was already over. My husband and I were in Epcot on the last day and the line at MouseGears for it was insane! People were freaking out that they would run out, when obviously, they still had a ton available. Hindsight...

Looks like a great meet with Ralph and Vanellope. I'm really glad they brought them back.

Minnie, this is a family place
I found this video on my phone that must've recorded instead of a picture and it fully highlights how I felt about the hammocks while Mike was like "Yes, it's a hammock- can we eat yet?"
I’ve stayed at CBR three times and never made it into a hammock, jealous :P
Spoiler alert: it didn't
Oh no, I haven’t heard of this particular problem before. I hope it didn’t cause you to much trouble thought your trip.

inally, at 12:49, an Epcot bus showed up! One thing I think the values do better than the others is by having dedicated lines for each bus because I hate that free-for-all dash to the bus.
I agree the values really do it better.

It sucks that they charge for swapping at Universal and I hope they don't start that at WDW!
I didn’t realize universal did that, that sucks.

hile we were in line, Mike met up with a guy he is on a Disney podcast with. Yes folks, you read that correctly. The man who claims he goes to Disney to make me happy is involved in a Disney podcast (and I am not).
Lol, what?! What podcast is he on?

So jel! Have so much fun in Nashville! Love it there!!!

Thank you! Any must-dos?!

Also jel, I really hope we can fit in the Ralph and Vanellope meet!

I hope you can too! So much fun!

Who doesn’t like figment?!? Also can we talk about his podcast!!?!? I feel like we need more info, what is the topic? How often do they do it?

Crazy people!

It's called MouseKast. It's pretty new and still getting on it's feet! They do shows once a week but Mike isn't on every week because of our rotating schedules. But it's pretty cool- they interviewed the man who does the voice of Goofy, the voice of the Tower of Terror preshow and Yeehaw Bob recently!

How nice that CM gave you all those magnets, but what will you do with them all is the real question!

Lol I'm not sure still! I found people on facebook to trade two of them for other ones we missed so far but the rest are just chillin on the fridge lol

I do miss the original version, but I ride Journey into Imagination at least once every trip. I think it's a requirement to say hello to Figment while at Disney World!

I never got to see the original :(

That's pretty funny about Mike's podcast. Yes, not a Disney fan at all... :rotfl:

Seriously!

Nice work on obtaining such great Fastpasses! I never understood why Character Spot was a tier one FP - I think that was an appropriate correction!

Thank you! I didn't get it either but glad they put it back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter