Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

I actually did not know this!

Glad to spread my crazy FP stalking knowledge lol

Shoot. Still down? What the heck?

Ugh I was so upset! It was down forever!

:sad2:

(don't tell anyone... we did the same.)

Yay we're in a club now!

Up until my last trip, I was less than impressed with Yak & Yeti... no more!

Oo yayy ! Glad you're a Yak and Yeti convert!

Whoa! That sounds good!

Delicious!! I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Not on the menu... Pretty sure I wouldn't have the nerve to ask for it, then.

I probably wouldn't either lol but Mike will talk to anyone. I will say though, they're always very easy going about it and don't even bat an eye before saying yes. I think since both things are on the menu separately, it's a pretty easy request.

What a bummer Everest was still down!

I know! I started thinking it wasn't gonna be up all day!

Those are without a doubt the best parts of Dinosaur. I don't go on that attraction, though, because every time I did I was the person people laughed at in the photos. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Chip and Dale are pretty adorable in their dino outfits.

They are! I love them!

Glad lunch at Yak and Yeti was another success! Your drink sounded really good, and something I would totally order if I were there.

I love that drink! It's so good and refreshing on a hot day!

I had no idea. Will definitely have to give that a whirl next time.

Glad to pass on my crazy FP tips lol.

Uh Oh! Mike does not look happy that Dale is moving in on his lady

Yum those look and sound delicious though the fries do seem like an odd accompaniment.

They were delicious but definitely didn't need the fries. We ate them of course, because we have no self control but they really were a waste of calories compared to the rest of the delicious food!

Ahi tuna nachos how do I love thee!!! Glad to hear they didn't disappoint you either. Its been way to long since I've had these in my life and that must be remedied soonest.

I'm sad that I waited so long to try them! They were amazing!

What a successful day you had between DHS and DS! I have to try that drink at Jock Lindsays! Looks so good!

It was delicious! Definitely recommend.

Also I'm 99% sure the zebras were on the safari before! I think it was during our Savor the Savanna tour that our guide said they had to be removed from the safari because they were being big bullies to other animals on the savanna! lol I guess they are kind of jerks!

Oo wow! Thanks for sharing and confirming that I'm not totally crazy lol. You don't really picture zebras as being bullies!

Magic Shot Tour through AK

After lunch, we decided our mission for the rest of the day would be to get as many magic shots as possible. Disney photopass has a facebook group with photo albums of all the magic shots that are allegedly currently available in the parks and there were a lot of cute ones that I wanted.

We started out with one that wasn't new to us but conveniently located outside the restaurant.

As we made our way to the next stop, I guess I stopped for an outfit change lol.

How can you resist taking a picture of the tree of life? 🥰

I took as selfie as we waited for the family before us to finish up with the photopass.

There's a little pathway that's pretty hidden on the path from Asia to Africa where you can get some pictures with the tree of life with no one aroud and that's where we found this photopass hiding.

First we took a nice posed picture together.

Then the magic shot that Mike apparently abandoned me for lol.

We decided to go back through the Gorilla Falls trail again to see if we could get a better view of Baby Grace (and to look for another magic shot).

On the way, we noticed there was a photopass in Harambe market where some of my favorite photo ops are because they're so unique. So of course, we stopped.

The photographer was able to give us a cool magic shot that we'd never gotten before and it's one of my favorites now!

Before we went through the trail, we went up the path where you exit the safari because the photopass FB page mentioned a shot we could get there.

This photographer went above and beyond and took a lot of fun pictures!

Her instructions for this one were to pretend we're walking and we needed a lot of help with it because we're the worst. :rotfl:

We thanked her for our photo shoot and went through the Gorilla Falls trail. Since we had done it that morning, we really were focused on getting to the gorillas but I couldn't miss a chance to see my okapi friend!

We got to the gorillas and found the mom sitting off to the side holding baby Grace.

We were able to sort of see her in mom's arms but it was clear mom wasn't interested in showing the baby off so we moved on.

On FB, it was posted that there was a special photo border celebrating Baby Grace's arrival. We found a photographer at the end of the trail and showed him the picture and asked if he could do it. He said he had no idea but he'd press a button on the camera and see if it works.

With that vote of confidence, we took the picture and guess what?

No border! But still a nice picture lol.

It was coming up on time to use our FP for our second ride of the day on Flight of Passage so we walked to Pandora using the path past Festival of the Lion King.

I think I take this picture every time we come this way because it's so pretty.

Soon enough, we were entering the Valley of Mo'ara.

We scanned in for FOP at 1:45 and I spent the walk up to the ride refreshing for our next FP and was able to pull one to meet Mickey and Minnie at 2:10!

In just a few minutes, we were reunited with our dreaded preshow host.

After another amazing flight, we spent some time enjoying the sights of Pandora.

This picture makes me want to be there right now!

I assume it will come as no surprise that we stopped for PP and a magic shot :oops:

We don't even look surprised to see a banshee in the air. We just look like we're bird watching lol.

We were already well into our next FP window so we made our way out of Pandora and walked by the Tree of Life. I won't even say what we did when we got there.

Kevin's a girl!!

After our Kevin magic shot, I spotted the real-life bird walking around again.

We got to the Adventurer's Outpost and scanned in for our FP at 2:40 and were meet Mickey and Minnie at 2:47.

After our meet, Expedition Everest STILL wasn't up so we were at a little bit of a loss of what to do next.

Dinoland Character Tour

I took a bathroom break and Mike stalked the dance party for some character photos. I'm sure he didn't look the least bit creepy :rolleyes1.

We decided to make our way back to Dinoland for some characters we'd skipped earlier.

Daisy had a short line so we started with her.

We were meeting her at one of the "drop" times for FOP fastpasses though so I ended up abandoning Mike to get our cutting board signed while I refreshed for a FP:rotfl:.

I was successful though and pulled a FP for 4:15-5:15 PM- just over an hour away!

After meeting Daisy, it seemed only fair to meet the man in charge of the dino-bash so we got in his line. It was longer and we waited about 15 minutes to meet him.

Not sure what ridiculous thing my face is doing here :rotfl::rotfl:.

We remembered from our last trip that Pluto met hidden on the path where you exit Dinosaur right before the gift shop so we walked through the gift shop and found him there with no line! He also had no photopass with him but the character attendant was nice enough to take some pictures for us.

I always laugh when Pluto has to put things on his nose to sign them.

We made our way over to Goofy's meeting spot to finish out our Dinoland meets for the day. He was on a break and we had to wait 15 minutes for him to come back but we were first in line when he did!

It made me laugh that Goofy's border cuts off his face.:rotfl:

After our meet with Goofy, I checked MDE and noticed that Everest was FINALLY open for the day! It was almost 4 pm at this point!!

I knew it would be crazy, but we still had our multiple experience FP from earlier and Everest is one of my favorites so we headed over there anyway.

On our way, we stopped for a photopass photographer and asked if she could do any of the magic shots we were missing.

She did!

The Wilderness Explorer one was new to us- I just wish I was still in my Up shirt and ears for it!

She said they're only allowed to do certain ones based on the area they're in so that the photo makes sense to the background. She was able to do with Wilderness Explorer one because she could pose us in a background with only plants in it. I get why this is the rule but I was sad because there was a cute Huey, Dewey and Louie one that could only be done in Dinoland and we never saw any photographers there other than the ones with characters.

Anyway, we made it to Everest and found a long standby line and a backed up FP line.

The standby wait jumped up to 80 minutes as we were in the FP line!

Even with the FP line being so backed up, they were moving people very efficiently and we only waited 12 minutes to get on, and that was with asking to wait for the front row!

I never noticed this little skeleton guy before!

As much fun as our ride was on Everest, I was sad because I usually like to ride it as many times as possible when we're in AK and I knew that wouldn't be happening today!

Next up: How many more rides do we get in on FOP? And Rivers of Light dessert party!

Love all of the photopass pics! Rafiki is my favorite too! I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

Glad you were able to finally get on Everest!

Ahh so many great PP pics!! I love the rafiki one and the simba/pumba/timon one!

And you did great with the character meets! I want to see the finished result of the cutting board!

I'm glad you finally got to get on EE!!

Glad to spread my crazy FP stalking knowledge lol
:laughing:
Yay we're in a club now!
The water sissies club!

(Proud member.)
Oo yayy ! Glad you're a Yak and Yeti convert!
::yes::
I probably wouldn't either lol but Mike will talk to anyone. I will say though, they're always very easy going about it and don't even bat an eye before saying yes. I think since both things are on the menu separately, it's a pretty easy request.
Okay, that makes sense.

we decided our mission for the rest of the day would be to get as many magic shots as possible.
I've never heard that. I've heard rides. I've heard foods. But that's a new one.
As we made our way to the next stop, I guess I stopped for an outfit change lol.
A girl's gotta be prepared for her close up.
How can you resist taking a picture of the tree of life? 🥰
You can't. The end.
I took as selfie as we waited for the family before us to finish up with the photopass.
Taking a portrait of yourself while waiting to have a portrait of yourself.
There's a little pathway that's pretty hidden on the path from Asia to Africa where you can get some pictures with the tree of life with no one aroud and that's where we found this photopass hiding.
Good to know. :)
The photographer was able to give us a cool magic shot that we'd never gotten before and it's one of my favorites now!
Her instructions for this one were to pretend we're walking and we needed a lot of help with it because we're the worst. :rotfl:
He said he had no idea but he'd press a button on the camera and see if it works.
No idea? That's... a bit odd.
I wonder if that's the Disney training. "Never say "no"."
In just a few minutes, we were reunited with our dreaded preshow host.
Uh...
I assume it will come as no surprise that we stopped for PP and a magic shot :oops:
What? You did????
We don't even look surprised to see a banshee in the air. We just look like we're bird watching lol.
Meh. Canadian mosquito.
Kevin's a girl!!
Please tell me you didn't check...
Everest STILL wasn't up
Still?????
I'm sure he didn't look the least bit creepy :rolleyes1.
Oh, no. Not at all. Nope. Not even a little. Uh, uh.
We were meeting her at one of the "drop" times for FOP fastpasses
What is this????????????????????
I was successful though and pulled a FP for 4:15-5:15 PM- just over an hour away!
Nice score!!
It made me laugh that Goofy's border cuts off his face.:rotfl:
I checked MDE and noticed that Everest was FINALLY open for the day! It was almost 4 pm at this point!!
Finally! Wow! 4pm! Long time!
She said they're only allowed to do certain ones based on the area they're in so that the photo makes sense to the background.
Makes sense.

Last edited:
There's a Kevin magic shot?! That's awesome!

I know what you mean about wanting to ride EE as much as possible, but I'm glad it finally got up and running and you were able to get one turn on it.

love all your pics....do you have to ask for the special pics...last year we did not get many special ones...and I was so disappointed....…I would love to do a desert party....but my son said that they won't compare to the one we had for his rehearsal dinner in Epoct….as much as I love going to Disney with the family....I have never gone without children....first mine ...now all the grands....Would love to be able to wander about and eat and drink...just adults...no meltdowns...ect...love reading your report

Great magic shots! I love the Wilderness Explorer's one 😍

Glad Everest finally came up, that's my favorite ride and I can't imagine missing it!

Those street tacos look amazing, I am adding those to my future plans

Love all of the photopass pics! Rafiki is my favorite too! I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

Glad you were able to finally get on Everest!

Thank you! I was excited to get some different magic shots- not the same ones over again.

The water sissies club!

(Proud member.)

I've never heard that. I've heard rides. I've heard foods. But that's a new one.

We live to be different.

You can't. The end.

That's what I'm saying!

Taking a portrait of yourself while waiting to have a portrait of yourself.

Picture inception.

What? You did????

I know, I know- shocking.

Please tell me you didn't check...

Did not lol.

Still?????

Seriously! It was down for SO long!

What is this????????????????????

I saw it posted in somewhere on the boards about there being specific "drop" times for FPs for the more popular rides the day of. They had them for Slinky Dog but they never worked for us but for FOP, the times were I believe 11:01, 1:01, 3:01 and 5:01 and we were able to get two extra FPs for FOP this day!

Finally! Wow! 4pm! Long time!

It was crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!