Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

I'm glad you got to meet them. Honestly, I probably would have figured out Chicken Little but if I'd seen them in the parks I wouldn't even know who Abby Mallard was. I never have seen that movie.

I haven't seen it since I was younger and it first came out but it's cute!

I want to be there now too.

Ugh me too!

That it does. But being soaked on a flight home doesn't sound like fun either. I hope you beat the rain!

That was our biggest concern but all our stuff was in carry-ons so I knew we could change when we got back!

Ugh I M so upset sadness doesn’t meet anymore! We met joy this weekend and it was fine but I really loved our meet with both of them!

:( :( I hate that! I wish they would at least add new characters to meet when they take some away!

I love how the perspective of different people can affect the story. It’s empty in Epcot! Wow it’s so crowded here! It’s so funny to me!

I know- it just goes to show how the same people having the same experience can feel so different about it. I wonder what they'd say if they saw the line for Frozen was usually several hours long lol

I loved our chicken little meet, Dillon is so into characters I’m so going to miss it when she is over it!

I hope she stays into it forever!!

A Rainy Magic Kingdom, Sebastian's Bistro and More Flight Delays

Mike was trying his hardest to rush us out of Magic Kingdom to beat the rain and I was trying everything in my power to keep us in the park longer. So when we passed a photopass on the side of the castle, I made us stop.

Notice how the perfect, clear blue skies from earlier are long gone!

It's hard to act cold in June in Florida. :rotfl:

We continued making our way up to Main Street and there was a photopass in the garden doing the zoom shot and I wanted another one so we stopped again.

She was attempting the shot with a family with 3 kids and they were very squirmy and she said she wasn't able to get it because you need to be very still for it (still not sure how true this is!). We were in luck because she let us be her last family before she had to run for shelter from the impending storm.

As we were walking up Main Street, the rain started so we ducked into the stores on the left hand side. This meant we walked through the art store which is a terribly dangerous place which always tempts me to spend a lot of money. I ended up buying a Haunted Mansion decorative key and a postcard but the key broke in transport home somehow! :( :( I had intended to call Disney and/or bring the key back with us in October and see if they'd work some magic but I totally forgot.

We were leaving the stores to head to the buses and the rain had turned into an outright downpour! The most shocking thing though was- it was 3:07 and Festival of Fantasy was still going despite the rain. We assumed it had started before the rain was so bad and it was too late to cancel but it got to the end of Main Street extra fast so who knows.

We watched some of it from under the store awning because, even with ponchos, it was raining way too hard to stand outside.

So not the Festival of Fantasy viewing I wanted but better than nothing!

We trudged our way to the bus stop through the pouring rain where it took FOREVER for a bus.

I was taking a poncho selfie to commemorate our last, rainy moments in the parks and this filter came up on snapchat and the irony cracked me up.

A Toy Story 4 monorail passed as we waited!

As I mentioned earlier, the bus took forever and it was a 30 minute wait. We were covered from the rain but being wet in the June heat wasn't particularly enjoyable. We watched multiple buses from other resorts pass and obviously no one was happy about the wait and I was basically over the CBR bus situation at this point lol. But there was a lady in line behind us taking it to the EXTREME. She was attempting to flag down every Disney vehicle that passed us and making phone calls to any Disney number she could google and cursing up a storm while trying to get everyone else in line to join her. And don't get me wrong, the busses from CBR were pretty miserable during our stay but I just feel like there's a way to go about things and I just don't think that was it.

There was a lot of cheering when the bus finally showed. Since we packed carry ons online, all our bags were with bell services so we picked them up to change and repack. We managed to fit all the popcorn buckets and souvenir cups into our suitcases and backpacks except for the Minnie Mouse one. :scared: I ended up wearing that one through the airport as a purse!

After we were both changed and everything was repacked, we went back to bell services to leave them for a bit longer as we had one final dinner reservation to go to before the Tragical Express came!

We walked over to Sebastian's Bistro at 4:37 and hung out in the bar area outside because our reservation wasn't until 5 which was also when the restaurant opened.

They let us in the restaurant around 4:50 which was nice but also awkward because there wasn't really anywhere for us all to wait.

I loved this light fixture!

We were seated at 5:05 and I loved the little touch on the menu.

I perused the drink menu knowing I needed a drink to deal with flight delays and leaving Disney.

I chose Hoist the Colors (Cruzan Mango and Guava Rums, Bols Blue Curaçao, and Odwalla® Lemonade with Pomegranate Juice $10.50 - as a side note it's now listed as $12 on the Disney site!) Mike just stuck with a soda.

It was delicious and I loved every sip of it. I highly recommend it!

We selected the Caribbean pull-apart rolls (with Guava Butter, Onion Jam, and Jamaican Jerk Oil $12) as our appetizer.

If you eat here, you must get these! I could've eaten them for a meal I swear lol. We loved all 3 of the accompaniments. I mixed the onion jam with the jerk oil and really liked that too. We devoured every last bite!

For our meals, I chose the Taste of the Caribbean (Served with Black Beans and Cilantro Rice. Choose any three: Jerk Chicken, Slow-cooked Pork, Coconut Shrimp, Goat Curry, or Plant-based Curry $32). I chose the jerk chicken, slow-cooked pork and coconut shrimp.

Everything on my plate was good and entirely too much food. The slow-cooked pork was my favorite, followed by the jerk chicken. The coconut shrimp was good but no different than coconut shrimp you can get anywhere else.

Mike chose the Grilled Skirt Steak (served with Crispy Yuca, Baby Bell Peppers, and Chimichurri $28).

He shared some with me and it was delicious. I enjoyed my food but I wished i'd gotten his dish after I tasted it. It was cooked perfectly and so flavorful.

I had heard good reviews of Sebastian's but I was surprised how good everything was. Our waiter was nice and there when we needed him without rushing us and all of food was delicious! I would make a trip to CBR to eat here again even if I wasn't stayed there!

Unfortunately, as we were eating, I got the notification that our flight (originally leaving at 10:30 pm and delayed once already) was delayed again until 12:25 am!

We debated not taking our scheduled Magical Express bus at 7:10 but there wasn't too much else we could do and if by some miracle they un-delayed our flight, we didn't want to miss it.

So we finished our meal, settled the check and got our bags back from bell services and hung out in the lobby waiting for our pick up.

Around 6:40, I got a notification that our flight was now delayed AGAIN to 1:46 am. I was not looking forward to 6+ hours in the airport!

We got on our regularly scheduled Tragical Express at 7:10, more sad than usual to be leaving Disney to go deal with stress at the airport!

I went directly to the Jetblue counter when we got to the airport where luckily there wasn't a long line. The girl working the counter was very sweet and helpful and I was very crabby with her, which I now regret. I told her the tale of our flight being delayed so many times and how I had no desire to sit in the airport all night waiting to see how much more it got delayed and she responded "Oh no problem I'll rebook you on a flight tomorrow free of charge. ":scared1:

Sweet offer but I said "Then what do I do for the night? Sleep in the airport??" And her response was "Oh I thought maybe you had family." My crabby response was "Well we don't".

I really feel bad at how terrible my mood was. But she came up with a flight that was supposed to take off at 7:50 pm that had been delayed to 9:31 pm that had seats available as long as we were okay with sitting apart. I took her up on the offer in a heartbeat and honestly, Mike was probably happy for the opportunity for time away from me lol.

Luckily, our trip home afterwards was without incident and my sister was able to pick us up at the airport. I ended up checking the status of our original flight the next morning and it didn't take off until 6 am!! Can you imagine?!

And that brings our whirlwind June trip to a close. I'll come back with a wrap up post but in the meantime, I have our Fall trip report ongoing and plan to start one for our December sisters' trip soon!

Last edited:

Wow, crazy seeing the parade going on while it was raining so hard!

Your dinner at Sebastian's sounded great!

Omg I can't believe your flight kept getting delayed like that! I don't blame you for being crabby- it's bound to happen when your flight gets so delayed AND your leavign Disney. I'm glad you were able to get booked on a different flight. Thank goodness too- I can't believe your original flight got delayed until 6AM!!!

More Flight Delays
oh no...
Mike was trying his hardest to rush us out of Magic Kingdom to beat the rain and I was trying everything in my power to keep us in the park longer.
An irresistible force meeting an immovable object! :laughing:
"That's not sweat, that's melted snow!"
she said she wasn't able to get it because you need to be very still for it (still not sure how true this is!).
It's true.
If you pause the zoom when there are other people in the frame, you can see that they're all motion blurred. :)
This meant we walked through the art store which is a terribly dangerous place which always tempts me to spend a lot of money.
:laughing: I totally understand this!
I ended up buying a Haunted Mansion decorative key and a postcard but the key broke in transport home somehow! :( :(
Well... that's not okay!
We were leaving the stores to head to the buses and the rain had turned into an outright downpour!
Time to go... but... we have ponchos!!!
The most shocking thing though was- it was 3:07 and Festival of Fantasy was still going despite the rain.
Huh. Can you imagine the performers! Having to walk and smile and wave... while getting drenched?

"I'm smiling on the outside, but get me out of this rain!!!"
We trudged our way to the bus stop through the pouring rain where it took FOREVER for a bus.
Adding insult to injury...
I was taking a poncho selfie to commemorate our last, rainy moments in the parks and this filter came up on snapchat and the irony cracked me up.
:laughing: Whoops!
the bus took forever and it was a 30 minute wait.
30 minutes? This is possible?
She was attempting to flag down every Disney vehicle that passed us
Yeah... good luck with that. :sad2:
and cursing up a storm while trying to get everyone else in line to join her.
Not cool (the cursing) and... again... good luck.
And join her to what??? Call Disney? The bus will get there at the exact time it arrives.
I just feel like there's a way to go about things and I just don't think that was it.
Nope.
We managed to fit all the popcorn buckets and souvenir cups into our suitcases and backpacks except for the Minnie Mouse one. :scared: I ended up wearing that one through the airport as a purse!
That works! :)
Me too! Perfect theming!
I perused the drink menu knowing I needed a drink to deal with flight delays and leaving Disney.
:hug:
I chose Hoist the Colors
<sigh> More rum... Nope!
We selected the Caribbean pull-apart rolls (with Guava Butter, Onion Jam, and Jamaican Jerk Oil $12) as our appetizer.
Wow, that sounds good!
I had heard good reviews of Sebastian's but I was surprised how good everything was. Our waiter was nice and there when we needed him without rushing us and all of food was delicious! I would make a trip to CBR to eat here again even if I wasn't stayed there!
High praise indeed!
Unfortunately, as we were eating, I got the notification that our flight (originally leaving at 10:30 pm and delayed once already) was delayed again until 12:25 am!
:eek:
if by some miracle they un-delayed our flight, we didn't want to miss it.
Well, it worked out for you, but... that will never happen. Airlines hate delaying flights. And once done, they can't undo it because then the people they've notified can miss their flights. And that'll cost them even more.
Around 6:40, I got a notification that our flight was now delayed AGAIN to 1:46 am. I was not looking forward to 6+ hours in the airport!
:faint:
The girl working the counter was very sweet and helpful and I was very crabby with her, which I now regret.
Oh dear...
"Oh no problem I'll rebook you on a flight tomorrow free of charge. ":scared1:
Well... that's nice of her. And I might have taken her up on that.
Sweet offer but I said "Then what do I do for the night? Sleep in the airport??" And her response was "Oh I thought maybe you had family." My crabby response was "Well we don't".
:rolleyes1
But she came up with a flight that was supposed to take off at 7:50 pm that had been delayed to 9:31 pm that had seats available as long as we were okay with sitting apart. I took her up on the offer in a heartbeat and honestly, Mike was probably happy for the opportunity for time away from me lol.
:laughing:
But great you got on that much earlier flight!
I ended up checking the status of our original flight the next morning and it didn't take off until 6 am!! Can you imagine?!
Oh, man. No I can't! I've been delayed... I think it was six hours? Eight? But... that's crazy!

Notice how the perfect, clear blue skies from earlier are long gone!

Well, I mean the dark sky does kind of have that winter storm look to it. Somewhat fitting.
I ended up buying a Haunted Mansion decorative key and a postcard but the key broke in transport home somehow!
Oh no!
We assumed it had started before the rain was so bad and it was too late to cancel but it got to the end of Main Street extra fast so who knows.
Wow! So how fast can they actually get those floats going!
We watched some of it from under the store awning because, even with ponchos, it was raining way too hard to stand outside.
I just can't even imagine how miserable the characters would have been. They had to have been soaked!

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
As I mentioned earlier, the bus took forever and it was a 30 minute wait. We were covered from the rain but being wet in the June heat wasn't particularly enjoyable. We watched multiple buses from other resorts pass and obviously no one was happy about the wait and I was basically over the CBR bus situation at this point lol. But there was a lady in line behind us taking it to the EXTREME. She was attempting to flag down every Disney vehicle that passed us and making phone calls to any Disney number she could google and cursing up a storm while trying to get everyone else in line to join her. And don't get me wrong, the busses from CBR were pretty miserable during our stay but I just feel like there's a way to go about things and I just don't think that was it.
Yeah, we weren't too impressed by the CBR bus service either. But when I'm already frustrated I don't want to hear a bunch of whining either. It certainly doesn't help.
We managed to fit all the popcorn buckets and souvenir cups into our suitcases and backpacks except for the Minnie Mouse one. :scared: I ended up wearing that one through the airport as a purse!
I'm glad you could make it all work!
Oh wow, that's really saying a lot about a table service meal at a moderate resort.
More Disney time!!!
We debated not taking our scheduled Magical Express bus at 7:10 but there wasn't too much else we could do and if by some miracle they un-delayed our flight, we didn't want to miss it.
Boooo!!!!
I really feel bad at how terrible my mood was. But she came up with a flight that was supposed to take off at 7:50 pm that had been delayed to 9:31 pm that had seats available as long as we were okay with sitting apart. I took her up on the offer in a heartbeat and honestly, Mike was probably happy for the opportunity for time away from me lol.
I get feeling crabby about it all... it would be hard not to. I'm glad that you were able to get something worked out so that you didn't have to sit there all night.

What a crazy last day! I’m shocked they still had the parade but the pictures are funny and will be fun to look at to remember that day!

Lucky you decided to head to the airport and got on the alternate flight. I would be super cranky too because I have a little anxiety about flying to begin with and delays and uncertainty bring out the worst in me. I’m sure the clerk gets that.

Great trip report! I think I lost track of your other one?? I’ll have to go search for it again :-)

Mike was trying his hardest to rush us out of Magic Kingdom to beat the rain and I was trying everything in my power to keep us in the park longer. So when we passed a photopass on the side of the castle, I made us stop.
Pictures are always important, plus who ever wants to leave the MK???
We were leaving the stores to head to the buses and the rain had turned into an outright downpour! The most shocking thing though was- it was 3:07 and Festival of Fantasy was still going despite the rain. We assumed it had started before the rain was so bad and it was too late to cancel but it got to the end of Main Street extra fast so who knows.
I can't believe they ran the parade in the rain. Those poor CMs!
There was a lot of cheering when the bus finally showed. Since we packed carry ons online, all our bags were with bell services so we picked them up to change and repack. We managed to fit all the popcorn buckets and souvenir cups into our suitcases and backpacks except for the Minnie Mouse one. :scared: I ended up wearing that one through the airport as a purse!
Great packing!
It looks like steel drums. I love it!
I love the decor and your food looks fantastic. Seems like a hidden gem. :)
What a disaster! So glad you managed to get out and I don't blame you for being cranky. Travel can be so stressful!

What a fun report! I've been gone forever, but I'm trying to be a better Disser now. Honestly, so many of your adventures made me LOL and I thought I'd respond in similar ways. This is my favorite, though.

We were laughing in line because we kept commenting on how light the crowds were this morning but there was a couple in front of us on the phone telling someone how long the line was and they should've bought fastpasses.

Clearly these people have never done an ounce of research. 20 minutes for FEA????? That's nothing! And they want to buy fastpasses? Great, I'll sell them some. I can use the extra cash to help pay for our upcoming trip. I'm seriously going to be laughing about this for the rest of the day. I can't wait to get home and tell my family. Even my 13 and 10 year old daughters will think it's hilarious.

I'm so glad you got all the popcorn buckets in your bag! Sorry about the flight delays, but glad it worked out in the end! I'll now be going over to read your October report and I hope to do a better job of keeping up! Well, that and working on my own report I'd like to finish before September.

Wow, crazy seeing the parade going on while it was raining so hard!

It was insane! I couldn't believe it was happening.

Your dinner at Sebastian's sounded great!

Very delicious!

Omg I can't believe your flight kept getting delayed like that! I don't blame you for being crabby- it's bound to happen when your flight gets so delayed AND your leavign Disney. I'm glad you were able to get booked on a different flight. Thank goodness too- I can't believe your original flight got delayed until 6AM!!!

Exactly- leaving Disney is bad enough. Isn't that insane? When I checked that the next morning, we would've probably been just getting home if we didn't change flights!!

An irresistible force meeting an immovable object! :laughing:

Exactly!

"That's not sweat, that's melted snow!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: ew

It's true.
If you pause the zoom when there are other people in the frame, you can see that they're all motion blurred. :)

oo wow. Makes sense though!

Huh. Can you imagine the performers! Having to walk and smile and wave... while getting drenched?

"I'm smiling on the outside, but get me out of this rain!!!"

Ugh I can't imagine! Those outfits must be HEAVY when drenched too. They deserve a ton of credit.

30 minutes? This is possible?

For those of us without the VIP transport card, unfortunately.

Not cool (the cursing) and... again... good luck.
And join her to what??? Call Disney? The bus will get there at the exact time it arrives.

That was my point! None of us were really thrilled about the wait and standing there cold and drenched but none of her actions were helping, just making the situation more miserable.

<sigh> More rum... Nope!

I like rum but there are a lot of rum based drinks so I can see how that wouldn't work for you.

Wow, that sounds good!

So good!

Well, it worked out for you, but... that will never happen. Airlines hate delaying flights. And once done, they can't undo it because then the people they've notified can miss their flights. And that'll cost them even more.

I know this logically but I still get nervous! Especially because at the bottom of all the delay emails, Jetblue writes to still get there at the time for your original flight time in case they can reverse some delays. It's only happened to us once that they moved the delay back up like 20 minutes but my anxiety gets the better of me!

Oh, man. No I can't! I've been delayed... I think it was six hours? Eight? But... that's crazy!

Ugh when I saw what time it finally took off, I was SO grateful we got on that earlier flight and even more thankful for the employee that I was so cranky with.

Well, I mean the dark sky does kind of have that winter storm look to it. Somewhat fitting.

Good point!

Wow! So how fast can they actually get those floats going!

Right! Apparently very fast!

I just can't even imagine how miserable the characters would have been. They had to have been soaked!

I know I felt so bad for them. That couldn't have been enjoyable AT ALL.

But when I'm already frustrated I don't want to hear a bunch of whining either.

This is exactly it! We were all frustrated in that moment so her incessant complaining wasn't helping anyone.

Oh wow, that's really saying a lot about a table service meal at a moderate resort.

I know! I'd heard good reviews before we went but it still surprised us how good it was. And now with the Skyliner, we'll definitely go back.

I get feeling crabby about it all... it would be hard not to. I'm glad that you were able to get something worked out so that you didn't have to sit there all night.

Me too! I can't even imagine sitting in the airport waiting until 6 am.

What a crazy last day! I’m shocked they still had the parade but the pictures are funny and will be fun to look at to remember that day!

I was shocked too lol. You're 100% right! I have 9000 regular parade photos but these are definitely the ones that will stand out the most.

Lucky you decided to head to the airport and got on the alternate flight. I would be super cranky too because I have a little anxiety about flying to begin with and delays and uncertainty bring out the worst in me. I’m sure the clerk gets that.

That's the part that makes me the most anxious about flying- uncertainty and not having control over things so delays really make it worse. I'm so glad we managed to change flights and that employee was so helpful despite my crankiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter