Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Early mornings at DAK are great. Your pictures of the pre-mob of FOP herding look very nice.

The park looked so nice and peaceful before the rope drop!

Interesting tidbit about okapi. I had no idea they were solitary animals.

We love our okapis around here.

Oh, that baby giraffe causing a traffic jam; those little spontaneous interruptions are what make the safari such an amazing attraction.

I agree. In the Fall, the line was backed up because they couldn't keep the animals out of the road and people were complaining. I like the authenticity of it.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! Very much enjoying it, getting excited for our next adventure to WDW this June!
We got VAH tickets too, thanks for sharing that with us - this will be our first after hours party!

Thanks for reading!!

We found June to be a good time to go! It wasn't too busy and the weather was hot but not as bad as August I felt lol. Oo the after hours events are great! It feels very "VIP" to be in the parks without as many people!

Kevin's A Girl?

It was just about 9 am when we got off the safari and the plan was to head over to Everest but the app showed it was still down. Glad I checked before walking all the way there lol.

With this new knowledge, we decided to walk the Gorilla Falls trail instead. Baby Grace the gorilla had been born recently and I was hoping to see her.

First though, I stopped to visit my love the Okapi :love: .

I take this picture of the fish prob every time we walk the trail. I'm not sure why, these particular fish are very photogenic to me.

Next we came to the zebra and meerkats. I feel like I remember the zebras used to be on the safari. Did I make that up??

These two look like they're in a rap battle :rotfl:

Finally, we came to the gorillas where everyone and their mother was crowding the glass. The mommy gorilla was holding Grace with her back to us. You can kinda see the top of her head in her arms.

These two were horsing around the enclosure but then snuggled up all cute.

We hung out for a little bit to see if mom and Grace would move to give us a better view but it didn't happen.

When we went around the corner, this guy was just hanging out all alone focused on his food. #spiritanimal

The marketplace over here has some of my favorite photo-ops in all of Animal Kingdom and it was actually Mike's suggestion that I take some pictures here. He's been trained so well.

The "You Are Most Beautiful" wall is very popular on Instagram and very awkwardly located by a CM area. They're always very nice when we come over for pictures and don't seem to mind at all. I did notice a curtain put up so you can't look directly into the backstage area though lol.

With Everest still down, we headed back up through Africa and settled for a photo from afar.

Can you believe we made it in the park this long without any photopass pictures?! It was time to remedy that.

Animal Kingdom was celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Lion King which meant more photos!

Might as well try to fit in right?

And nothing screams romance more than a lion, a warthog and a meerkat on a log :rotfl:

My outfit was very clearly Up themed today so meeting Dug and Russell was at the top of my list. It was 9:47 at this point so we started the line for them to come out at 10.

It was a short wait and I think Dug was more excited than I was. He came in for a hug with so much energy that he knocked my ears off lol.

After some discussion about our Wilderness Explorer status, we posed for some adorable photos.

I love Up so much- I almost want to become a DVC member just to go to Moonlight Magic and meet Carl lol.

We left the meet and greet and ran into Kevin!! Talk about perfect timing!

I walked around for the rest of the day saying "Kevin's a girl?!" which made Mike say "Ok, when will you stop saying that" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Next time: Will Everest ever come up that day?

The gorillas are so much fun to watch! I'm sorry you couldn't get a better view of the baby though!

Cute pics with Russell & Dug! I agree I would love to meet Carl too!! And Kevin is so awesome to see!

Seriously. How does it always happen??
I don't know!!!
I've always liked Animal Kingdom but since it closed so early, it was almost always the park we went to on the day we were flying home. Having it open at night is a game changer in my opinion. AK at night is my absolute favorite!
Love AK at night. Love watching Tree of Life Awakenings. :)
Right! I'm usually not so much of a people person
:laughing:

Kevin's A Girl?
Apparently... yes.
But I haven't personally checked to be sure.
First though, I stopped to visit my love the Okapi :love: .
:laughing: But of course!
I take this picture of the fish prob every time we walk the trail. I'm not sure why, these particular fish are very photogenic to me.
I think you answered your own question.
I feel like I remember the zebras used to be on the safari. Did I make that up??
Hmmm... I'm trying to remember, but... I don't recall.
These two look like they're in a rap battle :rotfl:
Finally, we came to the gorillas where everyone and their mother was crowding the glass
Yep. One reason why I won't go.
this guy was just hanging out all alone focused on his food. #spiritanimal
:lmao:
Can you believe we made it in the park this long without any photopass pictures?! It was time to remedy that.
What's with that!??
And nothing screams romance more than a lion, a warthog and a meerkat on a log :rotfl:
Circle of... romance?
It was a short wait and I think Dug was more excited than I was. He came in for a hug with so much energy that he knocked my ears off lol.
I walked around for the rest of the day saying "Kevin's a girl?!" which made Mike say "Ok, when will you stop saying that" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:lmao:

Next we came to the zebra and meerkats. I feel like I remember the zebras used to be on the safari. Did I make that up??

I think i need to make both trails a priority for us, for this last trip. we have only done this trail once!

Finally, we came to the gorillas where everyone and their mother was crowding the glass. The mommy gorilla was holding Grace with her back to us. You can kinda see the top of her head in her arms.

Sometimes I feel bad for the gorillas. I feel like you can tell that she didn't want to show the baby. (Don't get me wrong, I want to see the baby gorilla all at the same time)

i mean how did you survive?

After some discussion about our Wilderness Explorer status, we posed for some adorable photos.

I love it. I just made Gwen watch Up with me. maybe I can get her to meet them. She loved that they were calling one of the people tiny mailman.

I feel like we would make great park buddies, because I definitely get in a loop and say that exact same thing every time I see Kevin or a picture of her. :rotfl2: When I was there over the summer my mom politely went, "Okay, we get it, Alicia." :laughing:

I wondered where that "You are Beautiful" wall was. Makes more sense now that it's kind of hidden at a CM entrance.

Sounds like it was a fun Up meet. How funny that Dug took out your Minnie ears.

Loving all the animal pics (and of course you too). Those gorillas are always my favorite!

I love the gorillas! I could sit and watch them all day! I hate you didn't get to see the baby. That stinks.

I love your UP clothes! That shirt is precious! Where did you get it?!

haha! But they are so pretty!!

haha! 💕🥰
I love Up so much- I almost want to become a DVC member just to go to Moonlight Magic and meet Carl lol.
I have never seen up! But Dillon asked this morning if we can watch it tonight, so I’m guessing I will remedy this soon!!

I'm with you - I think MK is now my favorite park but AK keeps sneaking up there behind it. Despite the lack of tons of "attractions," the atmosphere is so nice and I'm always happy hanging out there. I think we'll spend a ton of time in both of those parks in our upcoming trip as MK has so many attractions for toddlers and AK has attractions AND animals!

(eventually in my October TR you'll hear about the lady who actually pushed me out of her way and went on a rant about how she needs to get on the ride first

Um, yikes! People are CRAZY!

You did incredibly well to finish both Pandora attractions AND the safari during EMH. Nice work!

I love walking on the animal trails at AK. They're so well done!

I LOVE meeting the Up! characters! I didn't realize that Carl met anywhere until I saw Moonlight Magic reviewed on another TR. Meeting all three characters would be so fun!

The gorillas are so much fun to watch! I'm sorry you couldn't get a better view of the baby though!

They are so much fun! It's crazy how you can tell they all have such distinct personalities!

Cute pics with Russell & Dug! I agree I would love to meet Carl too!! And Kevin is so awesome to see!

Thank you! I recently learned Carl was at DCA's Halloween party last year so I hope he's there again this year!

I think i need to make both trails a priority for us, for this last trip. we have only done this trail once!

I feel like it's so easy to miss them because we're always in a rush to get to rides and figure we'll come back later but then don't. They're really great though!

Sometimes I feel bad for the gorillas. I feel like you can tell that she didn't want to show the baby. (Don't get me wrong, I want to see the baby gorilla all at the same time)

I was thinking the same thing actually. I really wanted to see the baby but you could tell the mom was trying to protect her. I am happy though that Disney just lets them do their thing and doesn't try to manipulate her with food or whatnot to let people see the baby.

i mean how did you survive?

It was touch and go for a little bit there!

I love it. I just made Gwen watch Up with me. maybe I can get her to meet them. She loved that they were calling one of the people tiny mailman.

Aww it's such a good (and sad) movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!