Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Using Our Anytime Fastpasses!

Anyone else have A WEEK last week? I worked way too much overtime and it was just not a good week in the ER. All I can say is hug and spend time with your loved ones as much as you can because you never know what life has planned. We're about 3 weeks out from our next Disney trip and it's coming at a perfect time!

Back to June now where this report will certainly be going on WAY past our next trip because we're still on day 2 lol

-------------------------

When we finished our dinner at Ohana, it was about 5:30. The original plan was to stop at the Grand Floridian to finish our monorail bar crawl but there were fastpasses burning a hole in our MDE apps so we headed straight back to the Magic Kingdom.

So this monorail shot was as close as our bar crawl got to the Grand Floridian. :rotfl:

To no one's surprise by now (I hope!), our first stop was for a photopass photo on Main Street.

To my own surprise, I evidently changed shorts sometime between leaving the Poly and this photo. When? :confused3 Why? 🤷‍♀️ I had brought shorts and a shirt to change into for After Hours but it's unclear to me why I changed my shorts and not my shirt lol.

Anyway, we had 4 anytime FPs each to use up. One from 7DMT going down before and 3 from the lovely CBR manager.

Our first stop was Peter Pan's Flight where we skipped a 65 minute standby queue.

After our flight, we did in fact land and walked over to 7DMT.

Unsurprisingly because of all the earlier rain, the fastpass line was backed up but we were on the ride in 15 minutes.

A nice unflattering ride selfie!

I'm pretty sure I take pictures and video through the mines each time we ride because I'm 6 and mesmerized by shiny things.

giphy.gif

And a nice scary hag-witch to end your ride.

Our ride photo featuring our signature ride faces (me yelling and Mike just existing lol)

While in line, I had gotten a FP for Jungle Cruise opening at 6:20 and we got off the ride at 6:15 so we headed across the park.

As seems to be the new normal, the jungle cruise FP line was insane but they still seem to move it quickly since it only took 12 minutes to get on.

Say goodbye to all those people standing on the dock, you'll never see them again!

Fortunately there were no hippos in the trees here as rum isn't readily available in the Magic Kingdom.

giphy.gif

I'm a sucker for a good corny joke so the Jungle Cruise is always a hit for me!

At some point we decided we wanted to ride Space Mountain so that we could do both the regular and After-Hours version in the same day and also apparently do the most park criss-crossing possible so that was our next destination.

My notes and photos are kinda lacking at this point which, combined with the people in ponchos in my photos, leads me to believe it was raining again.

We used our 3rd anytime FP to bypass a 75 minute standby line and headed into space.

I'm not really sure what I was going for with my face in this photo :rotfl:.

In the line, I made a FP+ for Winnie the Pooh, good immediately and then modified it to Buzz Lightyear, also good immediately!

So it was back into space to attempt to become galactic heroes.

I am completely terrible at scoring on this ride. I have looked up the tips to become a galactic hero umpteen times and I simply can't get any better lol. I never have a clue which laser is mine or what I'm shooting at. My ride photo depicts my feelings accurately.

We had one last anytime FP left and were not going to let it go to waste so we went back to 7DMT.

One in every bunch of rides I manage a decent castle photo from the ride and this was it.

And two unflattering ride photos of me where I apparently finally changed my shirt and Mike was unimpressed. :rotfl:

After our ride, it was 8:15 and Happily Ever After would be starting at 9:15 so we headed to Main Street to stake out a spot!

Up next: my fireworks viewing gets blocked at the last minute and we finally make it to After Hours!

We're about 3 weeks out from our next Disney trip and it's coming at a perfect time!

:cool1:

A Disney trip is always at the perfect time!

I'm pretty sure I take pictures and video through the mines each time we ride because I'm 6 and mesmerized by shiny things.

I do the same thing. And the pictures are so dark so they never look good anyway :sad2:

I am completely terrible at scoring on this ride. I have looked up the tips to become a galactic hero umpteen times and I simply can't get any better lol. I never have a clue which laser is mine or what I'm shooting at.

Exactly. I can't hit a thing with those laser guns. But I told my DS the trick and wouldn't you know, the very next ride he did it >:(

One in every bunch of rides I manage a decent castle photo from the ride and this was it.

Pretty 🥰

I actually think you look nice in your "unflattering" ride selfie on 7DMT! (Mike, perhaps a little more goofy. :laughing:)

I LOVE the jewel mine on 7DMT. I think it's my favorite part of the ride! Video is definitely the way to go as it's really difficult to get non-blurry pictures in there.

With the lack of nighttime parade are they scheduling HEA earlier than they used to schedule Wishes? That would be great news for our family trip as I REALLY want to see the new MK fireworks!

I've read it on quite a few trip reports - how do you do the whole modify FP thing? Do you just pick any FP and any time followed by this "modify" button, or do you need to pick more specifically? Does it work to modify both a ride time or a ride selection? (And how do you reach the modify button?) Thanks in advance for your help - I want to be prepared for my next trip and picking FP on your phone was either in it's infancy or didn't exist on my last trip!

That’s my girl! FP over drinks 🤣

I am the same I’m always criss crossing the park, and when I look back I’m like why, but at the time a good FP wins!

Oh do you stay for after hours too! I’m jel!! So fun!

Ugh I’m so sorry you had a rough week!

Between your anytime FPs and same day FPs, you guys crushed it!

And you got a great castle pic from SDMT! I'm always so scared to have my phone out while riding!

To my own surprise, I evidently changed shorts sometime between leaving the Poly and this photo. When? :confused3 Why? 🤷‍♀️ I had brought shorts and a shirt to change into for After Hours but it's unclear to me why I changed my shorts and not my shirt lol.
Don't you love when this happens. You know it happened as you have photographic evidence but not idea why or when or how.

Our first stop was Peter Pan's Flight where we skipped a 65 minute standby queue.

Excellent use of a fast pass.

I love it all the same.

As seems to be the new normal, the jungle cruise FP line was insane but they still seem to move it quickly since it only took 12 minutes to get o
I don't like this new tread about the FP line being long.

My notes and photos are kinda lacking at this point which, combined with the people in ponchos in my photos, leads me to believe it was raining again.
raining always hinder the photo taking.

They did have the Pearls in stock, which was one we'd never collected because the drink isn't something I like lol so I may or may not have convinced Mike that that's what he wanted. :rolleyes1
His is the Polynesian Pearl (RumChata Cream Liqueur, Grand Marnier, and Cinnamon with Tropical Juices. The Pearl is yours to keep!) and I got Rosita's Margarita (Casamigos Reposado Tequila, Bols Orange Curaçao, fresh Lime Juice, Falernum, and Organic Agave Nectar).
I'd totally be with you in the margarita club. Cream and cinnamon should in a breakfast cereal and not an alcoholic drink.

Looks like you got a great table!

The appetizer platter is my favorite part of Ohana actually and that was up next!

I've only ever eaten at Ohana once and it was 20+ years ago so I'm pretty sure it doesn't even count at this point. Their food doesn't look like it would appeal to me much except for this plate of amazingness. Pretty sure I could survive on noodles and dumplings alone

Anyone else have A WEEK last week?
Ugh, me too. I've had a month and a half of it though. Been working 60 hour weeks since labor day and pretty sure a breaking point is coming any day now. Hope things are going better for you

We're about 3 weeks out from our next Disney trip and it's coming at a perfect time!
Can I come? :P

Looks like my tipsy notes are your tipsy changing :drinking1

I think every woman never loses being mesmerized by all things shiny. Just ask Tamatoa 💎💎💎

You guys were really busy before the After Hours party! I'm amazed at how many rides you rode that evening.

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of your fireworks viewing experience. Doesn't sound like you had a magical experience.

A Disney trip is always at the perfect time!

True lol! I've never actually said "Wow I wish we weren't going to Disney at this time lol"

I do the same thing. And the pictures are so dark so they never look good anyway :sad2:

Story of my life lol

Exactly. I can't hit a thing with those laser guns. But I told my DS the trick and wouldn't you know, the very next ride he did it :(

Ugh of course! I refused to tell Mike the tricks but he looked them up on his own lol. He still doesn't get galatic hero but does way better than I do!

I actually think you look nice in your "unflattering" ride selfie on 7DMT! (Mike, perhaps a little more goofy. :laughing:)

Why thank you 🥰

I LOVE the jewel mine on 7DMT. I think it's my favorite part of the ride! Video is definitely the way to go as it's really difficult to get non-blurry pictures in there.

Mine too! I used to always take video on Snapchat because there was a 7DMT filter lol but it hasn't shown up for me recently.

With the lack of nighttime parade are they scheduling HEA earlier than they used to schedule Wishes? That would be great news for our family trip as I REALLY want to see the new MK fireworks!

Ugh I so wish we still had a nighttime parade! But, no HEA isn't really any earlier. Most nights it's at park closing I think. I do definitely recommend seeing them. I was determined to hate them because I was so bitter about losing Wishes but I cried the first time I saw them. Not sure how to make it work with your daughter though unless she will sleep in the stroller?

I've read it on quite a few trip reports - how do you do the whole modify FP thing? Do you just pick any FP and any time followed by this "modify" button, or do you need to pick more specifically? Does it work to modify both a ride time or a ride selection? (And how do you reach the modify button?) Thanks in advance for your help - I want to be prepared for my next trip and picking FP on your phone was either in it's infancy or didn't exist on my last trip!

I know some people have different ways they like to do it but here's my system:

If there's a FP for what I want, I take it no matter of the time then start refreshing to change the time.

If there isn't a FP for what I want, I take whatever has a return window closest to the current time and then work on modifying that one. Sometimes it takes a bunch of refreshing but I get what I want 9/10 times!

I made a screen recording of myself modifying to show you what the process looks like- I'll post it when I figure out how to upload it lol.

Don't you love when this happens. You know it happened as you have photographic evidence but not idea why or when or how.

Yess lol. It kinda drives me crazy- I start wracking my brain going what happened here!

I love it all the same.

Thank you 🥰 🥰

I don't like this new tread about the FP line being long.

Ugh me neither. I guess they keep it moving fast but it shouldn't be like that all the time.

I'd totally be with you in the margarita club. Cream and cinnamon should in a breakfast cereal and not an alcoholic drink.

💯💯 agreed!

I've only ever eaten at Ohana once and it was 20+ years ago so I'm pretty sure it doesn't even count at this point. Their food doesn't look like it would appeal to me much except for this plate of amazingness. Pretty sure I could survive on noodles and dumplings alone

It's definitely not on my "must-do" list because I feel it's much more expensive than it's worth for the amount I eat. That "appetizer plate" and the dessert are what makes the meal for me!

Ugh, me too. I've had a month and a half of it though. Been working 60 hour weeks since labor day and pretty sure a breaking point is coming any day now. Hope things are going better for you

Ugh sorry to hear you're in the same boat. I hope we both get some relief soon!

Can I come? :P

Yess. I forget where you live but if it's anywhere on the GPS route from NYC- Orlando, we'll be driving past you lol.

Looks like my tipsy notes are your tipsy changing :drinking1

:rotfl::rotfl:

Anyone else have A WEEK last week? I worked way too much overtime and it was just not a good week in the ER. All I can say is hug and spend time with your loved ones as much as you can because you never know what life has planned. We're about 3 weeks out from our next Disney trip and it's coming at a perfect time!
Yikes... I've had some stressful weeks here lately, but sounds like it was nothing like that. I hope you enjoy your trip and get a chance to unwind.
What happens at the Poly stays at the Poly????
While in line, I had gotten a FP for Jungle Cruise opening at 6:20 and we got off the ride at 6:15 so we headed across the park.

As seems to be the new normal, the jungle cruise FP line was insane but they still seem to move it quickly since it only took 12 minutes to get on.
Well, by JC standards, 12 minutes seems to be walk on! :rotfl2:
Fortunately there were no hippos in the trees here as rum isn't readily available in the Magic Kingdom.
Why is the rum always gone?

Hi y'all! I'm back from our fantastic trip to Dollywood/Great Smoky Mountains/Nashville/Kentucky!

Some of you are following me on Insta and have seen a lot of pictures already but I'd like to share just a few here!

Ooooh Dollywood!! I'm dying to visit! It's the sister park to the theme park I grew up going to, Silver Dollar City, and I want to see how different/similar they are. Plus the Great Smoky Mountains are just gorgeous!

Now that's a vehicle!

What a fun shot, I love this!

First up, we were meeting the Ice Queen herself and photopass captured another gem of my awkward face.

Photo boxes can't capture this. Grrr.

I really enjoy this ride and would be sad to see it go, but I also kinda like the rumor of it turning into a Coco attraction so I'm torn.

Team Coco Small World! haha

The manager's response? If you stay off-property, they don't use Magicbands to get in the room.

WHAT. Wow. That is just ridiculous. I'm glad another manager was able to make it up to you later.

We completed our circle by heading back to Splash Mountain. There was a photopass photographer in front and a relatively new magic shot with Splash Mountain so I was excited to stop.

This is a really great area for a photo, still!

I love water rides and Mike hates getting wet when he isn't in a bathing suit. So we compromise and ride them anyway.

This made me crack up in real lifef!

NEED.

What great skies for your photo! Stormy skies are so much more interesting, I think.

Loooove it!

Thank you all for the good wishes for my brother! He followed up with the cardiothoracic surgeon this week and was 80% healed and is doing well thankfully.

Very glad to hear he's doing much better, that must have been scary.

Anyone else have A WEEK last week?
I'm having it this week. Does that count?
it was just not a good week in the ER. All I can say is hug and spend time with your loved ones as much as you can because you never know what life has planned.
:hug:
Hope this week was better for you.
coming up quick!
So this monorail shot was as close as our bar crawl got to the Grand Floridian. :rotfl:
Close but no cigar... er… drink!
To my own surprise, I evidently changed shorts sometime between leaving the Poly and this photo. When? :confused3 Why?
Let's just hope it wasn't because you had to.
Anyway, we had 4 anytime FPs each to use up. One from 7DMT going down before and 3 from the lovely CBR manager.
You must've felt like the park was just waiting for you and you alone.
Nice.
Oh, no! You're absolutely gorgeous there. Really. Honest.... um... yeah...
:laughing: Aren't we all?
And a nice scary hag-witch to end your ride.
:eek:
Our ride photo featuring our signature ride faces (me yelling and Mike just existing lol)
:lmao:
Say goodbye to all those people standing on the dock, you'll never see them again!
Love that line. :)
Love all the lines on that ride.
ortunately there were no hippos in the trees here as rum isn't readily available in the Magic Kingdom.
I'm okay with that. Not a rum fan.
I'm a sucker for a good corny joke so the Jungle Cruise is always a hit for me!
::yes::
and also apparently do the most park criss-crossing possible so that was our next destination.
Of course. What's the point of going to Disney if you don't come home exhausted.
I'm not really sure what I was going for with my face in this photo :rotfl:.
:laughing:
I am completely terrible at scoring on this ride. I have looked up the tips to become a galactic hero umpteen times and I simply can't get any better lol. I never have a clue which laser is mine or what I'm shooting at. My ride photo depicts my feelings accurately.
Best tip I got was to fire the gun before the ride starts and get a feel for where you're aiming that way when there isn't a ton of other dots around.
Not too bad!
And two unflattering ride photos of me where I apparently finally changed my shirt and Mike was unimpressed. :rotfl:
I noticed the shirt change!
(This is especially impressive considering I'm a dude and all.)
Up next: my fireworks viewing gets blocked at the last minute
Uh oh!

Yikes... I've had some stressful weeks here lately, but sounds like it was nothing like that. I hope you enjoy your trip and get a chance to unwind.

Thank you! I guess it takes these stressful weeks to appreciate vacation and the chance to relax, but that doesn't make it fun to live through.

What happens at the Poly stays at the Poly????

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, by JC standards, 12 minutes seems to be walk on! :rotfl2:

Seriously true!

Why is the rum always gone?

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Too many pirates running around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!