Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

I seriously cannot believe how low the crowds were in Epcot. That was definitely not the case a few months later when we were there.

I couldn't believe it either! It was certainly not the case during the Fall for food and wine either lol.

But you two definitely made use of the emptiness and I think officially took the most PP photos ever. Guinness book of Disney records right there :earboy2:

When I was a kid, we used to try to break ridiculous Guinness book records that we had no hope of breaking lol so that part of me is very excited about this!

Sadness is my fave too! Good decision meeting her since she's gone now! :(

I know it stinks that they took her away :(

I want to do Frozen standby one day just so I can see Oaken in the sauna!!

It was adorable! I never even know he was in there before that lol.

Sounds like such a nice time in WS, especially with such low crowds!! Love all the PP pics! And so cool that you stumbled upon character training- you met so many characters!!

It really was great! I wish it could be empty like that all the time lol

If you're not going to be competitive, there's no point in playing.

Exactly!

I love it when you have the time for these things. Getting through the must dos and then just leisurely doing whatever you want.

Me too. The must dos are great but honestly, it's the unplanned things that make the best memories I feel.

I really do almost feel bad for the people who go and have absolutely no concept of reality and what to expect... :faint:

That ride is always a FP ride for us, but I'd jump in a 20 minute standby line, no hesitation.

I do too but I also don't get it lol. One of my best friends went over Christmas and I offered her my help planning so many times and she didn't take it. I saw her today and my other best friend booked her trip through me for August and every ride we talked about she said "oh we skipped that. the lines are too long 🙄 🙄 "

Awesome picture... and probably the last you'll ever get of that view.

That makes me so sad. I'm excited for what's to come but I also hate change lol

Last Hours in Magic Kingdom

We got to the monorail platform at 12:40, waited a few minutes for a monorail and arrived at Magic Kingdom just about 1 pm.

Way back when in June when this trip report took place, there were special character meets at the flagpole celebrating Mickey's 90th birthday. Their afternoon session was due to start at 1:15 but we weren't sure if it'd be an official meet or a roaming one so we asked a CM who said it would be a regular meet and we could start the line if we wanted.

So, of course, we did! Today's characters were Chicken Little and Abby Mallard- brand new characters for both of us!

They were both super cuddly and fun to meet. Plus, it made me laugh because when we were dramatic about things when we were little (which was probably often), my mom would call us Chicken Little and say "the sky is falling" :rotfl: .

After our meet, we made our way down Main Street to soak up as much Magic Kingdom as possible in our last few hours.

Naturally, this involved stopping for photopass shots.

The CM posed us for a magic shot and apparently one of us failed at the direction on where to look lol

He then quickly reposed us and took a series of photos.

At the end, when he was scanning my magic band, he said "That's magic I can only make so many times a day". At the time, I didn't realize he'd timed us to the fireworks for the stage show on the castle so I was confused but once I saw the shots, I was so touched. Once again, it's those little CM extra steps that make such a difference. :love:

As I lay in bed on this cold winter night bundled up, I really wish I could transport back to this very moment in front of the castle. I feel like I can feel the summer Florida humidity through the picture and this is why I take so many pictures on our trips.

I was getting hungry and I had one snack on my mind and would not accept anything else so we made our way to Frontierland to get it.

I reviewed this beauty in this trip report before which I affectionately call "glorious chicken on a stick" and my love for it continued today.

We sat in the shade while I ate my beautiful snack and then headed into the Country Bears. We had to wait a few minutes for a show to start but we were soaking up some AC so there was no complaining.

I love this show for the hilariously inappropriate lyrics. My particular favorites are "All the guys who turn me on turn me down" and "There was blood on the ground and blood all around". I also get amusement out of watching unsuspecting first timers' reactions to the show. Mike just tolerates it because I laugh hysterically almost the whole time and probably because it involves sitting.

I had made FPs for Magic Kingdom before the trip but we ended up spending more time at Epcot enjoying how empty it was so I modified one to the Haunted Mansion at our window was open where we bypassed a 35 minute standby wait.

I wanted to pretend we were dead for the ride photo but I think Mike just looks like he's sleeping lol.

Since we both had Haunted Mansion themed shirts on, it was a requirement that we get photopass shots there and I was hopefully we would get a CM who'd give us a magic shot.

I absolutely hate my face in this picture but my wish was fulfilled.

It doesn't look that haunted against the gorgeous blue Florida sky but isn't she beautiful :love:

Once we scanned in for HM, I pulled a FP to Meet Ariel starting at 2:20 and it was now 2:18 so we walked over to her grotto.

Raise your hand if you're surprised to hear we stopped for a photopass en route. :rolleyes1

The standby wait to meet Ariel was posted at 25 minutes but with our FP, we only waited 4.

I suppose we were discussing our feet or her lack of feet.

Ariel has been my favorite princess since I was little so I'm always happy for a meet with her!

When we walked past the popcorn cart by Storybook Circus, I spotted this Casey Jr popcorn bucket that I assumed was long sold out and I needed it! Being that we were flying home that night, our luggage was already packed and there wasn't really any room for anything else. I really wanted it, and the Dumbo sipper to go with it so Mike said get it and we'll figure it out. He's a good egg. :love:

We had to walk around into Fantasyland to go to Storybook treats to get the Dumbo sipper and for some reason I didn't take a picture at the time but here's a picture of them together at home with my sleepy Dumbo plush lol. I guess this is a spoiler alert that we did get them all home lol.

I had wanted to watch Festival of Fantasy today since we didn't see it on our previous Magic Kingdom day but it was coming up on 3 PM and the sky looked like a storm was coming at any minute.

Mike was attempting to hasten our exit from the park to avoid getting stuck in the storm but I was adamant about getting every last minute I could in the parks lol. Sometimes Disney makes us lose our sense of logic.

So do we make it out of MK before the storm or do we get stuck in a downpour??

celebrating Mickey's 90th birthday.
He doesn't look a day over 89.
Today's characters were Chicken Little and Abby Mallard- brand new characters for both of us!
never seen either of them!
my mom would call us Chicken Little and say "the sky is falling" :rotfl: .
:laughing: I've heard that too. :)
After our meet, we made our way down Main Street to soak up as much Magic Kingdom as possible in our last few hours.
Gotta. I mean... you gotta!!
At the end, when he was scanning my magic band, he said "That's magic I can only make so many times a day". At the time, I didn't realize he'd timed us to the fireworks for the stage show on the castle so I was confused but once I saw the shots, I was so touched.
::yes::
Nice of him, too.
I reviewed this beauty in this trip report before which I affectionately call "glorious chicken on a stick" and my love for it continued today.
It was so good! I had the bacon... and was much less impressed with it.
Mike just tolerates it because I laugh hysterically almost the whole time and probably because it involves sitting.
:laughing:
I wanted to pretend we were dead for the ride photo but I think Mike just looks like he's sleeping lol.
Well, it had been a long trip, you know.
Well... um... it might not be the most flattering photo on the planet...

:rolleyes2
It doesn't look that haunted against the gorgeous blue Florida sky but isn't she beautiful :love:
Raise your hand if you're surprised to hear we stopped for a photopass en route. :rolleyes1
Nope!
I suppose we were discussing our feet or her lack of feet.
:laughing: I can see that. Quite the feat!
Mike was attempting to hasten our exit from the park to avoid getting stuck in the storm but I was adamant about getting every last minute I could in the parks lol.
No, no, no. Take every second!
So do we make it out of MK before the storm or do we get stuck in a downpour??
Who cares! You're in Disney!

The CM posed us for a magic shot and apparently one of us failed at the direction on where to look lol

:rotfl:

As I lay in bed on this cold winter night bundled up, I really wish I could transport back to this very moment in front of the castle. I feel like I can feel the summer Florida humidity through the picture and this is why I take so many pictures on our trips.

I love it. I do the same and will just randomly start going through my Shutterfly account to look back at all of our vacation pictures :love: Sometimes we need a little help getting through these cold, dreary winters.

Haha! Cute!

At the end, when he was scanning my magic band, he said "That's magic I can only make so many times a day". At the time, I didn't realize he'd timed us to the fireworks for the stage show on the castle so I was confused but once I saw the shots, I was so touched. Once again, it's those little CM extra steps that make such a difference. :love:
Simply perfect! :goodvibes
Yum! Where do you find such deliciousness??
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Too cute! :)

Just don't tell Chicken Little :rotfl:

My particular favorites are "All the guys who turn me on turn me down" and "There was blood on the ground and blood all around".

I love the Country Bears and their mildly inappropriate lyrics :laughing:

How considerate of the CM to time the photopass picture perfectly. It's a great shot!

Sometimes, you really need those pictures of a blue-skied Magic Kingdom day to get through winter! Something to remind yourself that it's not always gray skies and cold winds.

I understand your need to see Festival of Fantasy once on a trip! It's a great show. But man, is it at the worst time...it doesn't always rain in FL, but when it does it's always around three o'clock. Curious to see what ended up happening.

Cute pics with Chicken Little & Abby!

Love all the PP pics! Sounds like it was a great afternoon at MK! I hope the rain didn't end up ruining it!!

And I'm glad you found a way to bring the Dumbo bucket/sipper home :rotfl:

So, of course, we did! Today's characters were Chicken Little and Abby Mallard- brand new characters for both of us!
I'm glad you got to meet them. Honestly, I probably would have figured out Chicken Little but if I'd seen them in the parks I wouldn't even know who Abby Mallard was. I never have seen that movie.
That's awesome!
::yes:: I want to be there now too.
I love this show for the hilariously inappropriate lyrics.
When we walked past the popcorn cart by Storybook Circus, I spotted this Casey Jr popcorn bucket that I assumed was long sold out and I needed it! Being that we were flying home that night, our luggage was already packed and there wasn't really any room for anything else. I really wanted it, and the Dumbo sipper to go with it so Mike said get it and we'll figure it out. He's a good egg. :love:
Now I just want to know what you figured out? The suspense is killing me!
Mike was attempting to hasten our exit from the park to avoid getting stuck in the storm but I was adamant about getting every last minute I could in the parks lol. Sometimes Disney makes us lose our sense of logic.
That it does. But being soaked on a flight home doesn't sound like fun either. I hope you beat the rain!

Behind as usual!

what a great morning in Epcot! So many character meets!
Ugh I M so upset sadness doesn’t meet anymore! We met joy this weekend and it was fine but I really loved our meet with both of them!

I love how the perspective of different people can affect the story. It’s empty in Epcot! Wow it’s so crowded here! It’s so funny to me!

I loved our chicken little meet, Dillon is so into characters I’m so going to miss it when she is over it!

He doesn't look a day over 89.

True! I need to know his skin care regimen.

:laughing: I've heard that too. :)

:rotfl: :rotfl:

It was so good! I had the bacon... and was much less impressed with it.

Agreed. We tried the bacon once when they first had it and I wasn't impressed either. It was too chewy and mushy for me.

Well... um... it might not be the most flattering photo on the planet...

It's possibly one of the least flattering! I only shared it in the interest of an honest trip report lol

Who cares! You're in Disney!

That's what I was saying!

I love it. I do the same and will just randomly start going through my Shutterfly account to look back at all of our vacation pictures :love: Sometimes we need a little help getting through these cold, dreary winters.

Exactly! When I have bad days, looking back helps get me through!

How considerate of the CM to time the photopass picture perfectly. It's a great shot!

I know! It was so awesome to see those shots appear in our account! :love:

Sometimes, you really need those pictures of a blue-skied Magic Kingdom day to get through winter! Something to remind yourself that it's not always gray skies and cold winds.

Exactly!

understand your need to see Festival of Fantasy once on a trip! It's a great show. But man, is it at the worst time...it doesn't always rain in FL, but when it does it's always around three o'clock. Curious to see what ended up happening.

It really is a terrible time lol. I wish they would do it around 12 or 1 because leaving after that for a midday break would be extremely convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter