Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

I love the picture of your boyfriend with the sticky bun! I ate there on my last trip, and we ended up ordering a second one.... We are going back to GG just for that treat!

#Panicmode

Thank you to everyone following along! I know I'm behind on just about everyone's report here but I promise I'm going to catch up as soon as possible!

Day 0: Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I don't know about you but for me, the day before a trip is almost always absolute chaos. This time was no different.

I worked Monday night, so I got out of work Tuesday morning at 7:30 am. I had every intention of only sleeping a few hours so I could get up early, pack, run errands and get a good amount of sleep before our early wake-up call the next morning.

Anyone think that’s what happened?

If you guessed no, you would be 100% correct!

What actually happned? Well, I woke up at 5 pm, looking at the time and entered full-on panic mode.

giphy.gif

The plan was for my sister to come over to sleep at my house after work, which made perfect sense because she works down the block and would be driving us to the airport in the middle of the night.

My car, however, had other plans. My tire decided to start acting up while I was driving home from work that morning. My dad was kind enough to offer to get it looked at while we were away but now that meant I had to drive all the way across the island to bring my car to my parents' house, and also that my sister had to follow me there to drive me back to my house. There went saving her a drive after work. #thebestlaidplans

So, I dragged myself out of bed, ordered Chinese food, took a shower, and started gathering things to pack. Around 6:30 pm, Mike and my sister both got there from their respective jobs. We ate, I assigned Mike to run to the store for the last-minute things we needed and my sister and I went to my parents' house.

My dad laid on the full guilt-trip that I was going to be away for Father's Day (which I did feel bad about. but I hadn't realized it until it was too late to change plans), which ended up with us staying at their house for a BBQ until 11:30 pm. Nothing like 2 dinners in a few hours! #panicmodeisdoublednow

Once we finally made it back to my house at midnight, I went into superspeed mode- got all my stuff together to pack and gave Mike the job of making it all fit in the suitcases (we were only bringing carry-ons so it was no easy feat really), dried and curled my hair, finished a Disney trip quote for a client I had promised to send before I left and finally laid down at 1 am.

What time were we leaving for the airport you may ask?

Great question.

3:30 am.

Yup- we were starting the #nosleepinDisney thing from the very beginning, I guess!

Can You Please Sit Down Sir?

Day 1: Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Day 1 came rather quickly since day 0 ended at 1 am. Our flight was leaving at 5:30 am, so the alarms were set for 3 am. We quickly loaded my sister's car up, made a pit stop for breakfast sandwiches in the Tim Horton's drive-thru and made the quick 15 minute drive to the airport.

We stopped at the kiosk at the Jetblue counter just to print boarding passes since we weren't checking any bags. I know you can use the boarding pass on your phone, but not having a printed one makes me nervous for some reason. 🤷‍♀️

As we were going to the escalator to go to security, I had my first (of many!), #howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday moments. This couple made a beeline to get in front of us to get on the escalator. Ok, cool. It's 3:30 am, I was probably moving pretty slowly, I get it. Except they got to the top of the escalator and stopped and stood there to text.

I waited a few minutes to see if they were going to, you know, use the escalator they were blocking. Then as nicely as I could manage said, "Um, were you gonna use the escalator?" They looked at me like I had 9 heads and said "Oh, we're just waiting on someone".

giphy.gif

Yes, I too enjoy waiting for people while blocking the escalator.

I was determined not to hate people this morning, so I simply walked past them when they moved to the side and continued through security.

The line was pretty short and the #howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday moments were minimal.

TSA agent: Everything out of your pockets
Man in front of me: Does that include gum?
TSA agent: everything.

TSA agent: All electronics bigger than a cell phone need a separate bin.
Man in front of me: Does that include my cell phone?
TSA agent: Only if it's bigger than a cell phone :confused3:confused3

We were through security by 4 am, found our gate, and were happy to have our Tim Hortons sandwiches since none of the stores at the gate were open yet.

I used this time to check the weather for WDW.

orlando weather.png

Hot and thunderstorms daily. Not sure why I needed a weather forecast for that lol.

Once a store finally opened, I took a trip to the bathroom and got a diet Coke and an energy drink for Mike. I was going to buy a pack of gum since the take-off and landing always bother my ears but they were charging like $3.50 for a tiny pack so I decided to take my chances. I did take pseudophed before boarding and hoped that would be enough.

Soon, it was time to board. I was shocked to see the Ben and Jerry's stand opening as we were boarding and strongly considered getting ice cream at 5 am. I decided it would be too messy. We boarded without incident, easily found space for our bags and settled ourselves for take-off.

boarding plane.JPG

I absolutely hate the part before take-off, I think they call it taxi-ing? You know, the part where the plan walks around in circles for what feels like FOREVER, seemingly deciding whether or not to take-off. I put my music on extra loud at this point and try to ignore that it's happening until we actually take-off.

I also kinda hate the take-off, so I try to handle that part the same way lol. So now, the plane is finally taking-off and I have my music blasting in my ears and yet, I hear a commotion. Reluctantly, I take out an earphone to hear what's happening, and I hear a flight attendant repeatedly yelling

"Sir, the flight is literally taking-off right now- you NEED to sit down!!"

I turn around, and sure enough, there's a man taking a casual stroll down the aisle AS THE PLANE IS DIAGONAL IN THE AIR TAKING-OFF. He's not listening to the flight attendants screams, so other passengers on the plane start yelling and gesturing to him to sit down. Finally, he seemed to get the idea and sat.

What. On. Earth. Even if there's a language barrier, you can feel the plane is taking-off, does that seem like a good time for a stroll? And if half the plane is yelling at you, don't you consider that maybe you shouldn't be doing what you're doing?! #howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday

Anyway. We made it through the rest of take-off without incident, and the flight was pretty smooth.

in air .JPG

I was very sad to learn that Jetblue switched to Pepsi products since last time I flew. I am a Diet Coke addict and HATE Diet Pepsi so I was pretty bummed.

Soon enough, the announcement came that we were preparing to land! Yay, almost to Disney!

Because apparently, this was the theme of the day, someone was arguing with the flight attendant two rows ahead of us. Basically, she was telling him he had to sit up and put his seatbelt on for the descent and his response was "But, I'm taking a nap". The flight attendant looked at him and say "Oh really? I don't care. Safety first". I think she and I would be friends.

I should've made a drinking game out of how many times I wondered #howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday.

Eventually we landed without incident! Our first stop off the plane was a bathroom break due to my pea-sized bladder, and then at the nice early hour of 8:23 am, we were onto our first ride of the trip!

fakeorail selfie.JPG

The fake-o-rail!

We made our way to the Magical Express counter and found a line much longer than I expected at 8:30 am on a Wednesday! Luckily it moved quickly!

me counter.JPG

They sent us through lane 7 at 8:31 am.

me line.JPG

By 8:33 am, we were boarding this beauty.

me bus.JPG

The driver announced we would stop at AoA, Pop and CBR, in that order. We were last but it was still early, and we were in Disney!

The bus was pretty full so we sat about halfway back. I had placed an order from the airport through Instacart and the earliest delivery time was showing as 3- 4 pm. When we got onto the bus, I went back to the app to add something I had forgotten, and saw that I was able to change the delivery time to 10-11 am! Perfect!

At 8:59 AM, we officially arrived on WDW property!

wdw sign.JPG

And yes, that's the best picture I could get of the sign. I'm sure you all know what it looks like though lol.

We made our stops at AoA and Pop pretty quickly and at 9:16 it was our turn.

cbr sign.JPG

We had gotten a text on the bus that our room wasn't ready yet, but decided to make a stop at the front desk to see if there might be one that was.

old port royale.JPG

There wasn't, but the CM was able to tell us that we would be in Jamaica room 4144. I had decided not to make any room requests for this trip since I wasn't familiar with the resort and really was just hoping for a room that would be ready early. I had read online that Jamaica and Aruba were pretty close standard rooms to Old Port Royale, so I was happy with this placement. It was on the second floor, which wasn't ideal with no elevator but, we're young without mobility issues so I didn't ask for ground floor.

We both probably could've gone for a nap but it was before 10 AM and we were on vacation! We took a moment to grab some things out of our suitcases and set out to explore! Any guesses on our first stop?

I love the picture of your boyfriend with the sticky bun! I ate there on my last trip, and we ended up ordering a second one.... We are going back to GG just for that treat!

Thank you lol! That sticky bun is very delicious! I wish I had one right now!

I turn around, and sure enough, there's a man taking a casual stroll down the aisle AS THE PLANE IS DIAGONAL IN THE AIR TAKING-OFF.
Because apparently, this was the theme of the day, someone was arguing with the flight attendant two rows ahead of us. Basically, she was telling him he had to sit up and put his seatbelt on for the descent and his response was "But, I'm taking a nap". The flight attendant looked at him and say "Oh really? I don't care. Safety first"

People really amaze me. I'm sure you see it all the time in the ER as well. One of the reasons I could never be an ER nurse. :laughing:

Yup- we were starting the #nosleepinDisney thing from the very beginning, I guess!

Isn't that always how it goes before Disney? :rotfl:

I absolutely hate the part before take-off, I think they call it taxi-ing? You know, the part where the plan walks around in circles for what feels like FOREVER, seemingly deciding whether or not to take-off.

Me too! There were so many thunderstorms in Orlando when I left that I was afraid the flight would get grounded, and I just wanted them to take off.

Wow! What a way to start your trip!

I mean you made it and you have a full day a head so that’s all that matters! Honestly that gate at Newark is like the worst ever!

Also I’m totally stealing this
#howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday

With the whole day to come I’m excited to see where the day takes you!

Hi, Courtney! I'm joining in!

Oof, you must've been SO TIRED! After several trips of late-night packing (and little sleep!) myself, I finally got smart last time and took the whole day off before we left. I hope the lack of sleep didn't hurt you too much!

My goodness, what was with all those people at the airport and on the plane?! Between the escalator folks, the man WALKING UP THE AISLE DURING TAKEOFF (?!), and the guy who couldn't buckle his seatbelt due to his nap... ?! I love folks that have no self awareness! :sad2:

Now that I realize that you only brought carry-ons, I'm even more interested to hear how you brought back so many popcorn buckets!

I left and finally laid down at 1 am.

What time were we leaving for the airport you may ask?

Great question.

3:30 am.
:faint: Well, so much for the best laid plans of the day before the trip!
#howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I love it! And I'm pretty sure this hashtag will come to mind once or twice when we're at Disney World.
I waited a few minutes to see if they were going to, you know, use the escalator they were blocking. Then as nicely as I could manage said, "Um, were you gonna use the escalator?" They looked at me like I had 9 heads and said "Oh, we're just waiting on someone".
I mean, where else would you wait on someone? :confused3
Hot and thunderstorms daily. Not sure why I needed a weather forecast for that lol.
Late Spring/Summer. Florida. Yep.
What. On. Earth. Even if there's a language barrier, you can feel the plane is taking-off, does that seem like a good time for a stroll? And if half the plane is yelling at you, don't you consider that maybe you shouldn't be doing what you're doing?! #howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday
Buzz Lightyear No Sign Of Intelligent Life GIF - BuzzLightyear NoSignOfIntelligentLife Dumb GIFs
I should've made a drinking game out of how many times I wondered #howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday.
::yes:: World Showcase could get ugly.

Just reading your first day makes me tired. It doesn’t seemed to have slowed you down on travel day. Your plane ride sounds interesting to say the least. I think I need to steal that hashtag as I think this prettt much anytime I am in public :lmao: . We love CBR, I hope you had a good stay.

Ah what a chaotic start! No sleep definitely started early!

#howdothesepeoplemakeitthroughaday will be my new fave hashtag because I seriously question that every day! I can't believe that guy was walking around during take off!

Diet Coke > than Diet Pepsi, no question about it!

Glad you made it there quickly and smoothly!

Wow! What a way to start your trip!

I mean you made it and you have a full day a head so that’s all that matters! Honestly that gate at Newark is like the worst ever!

Also I’m totally stealing this

With the whole day to come I’m excited to see where the day takes you!

Steal away! I say it so many times a day lol.

It really is a terrible gate!

Hi, Courtney! I'm joining in!

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Oof, you must've been SO TIRED! After several trips of late-night packing (and little sleep!) myself, I finally got smart last time and took the whole day off before we left. I hope the lack of sleep didn't hurt you too much!

Definitely the downfall of working overnights- that day when you have to try to transition back to a day shift is always a rough one! The Disney adrenaline helped even it out though!

My goodness, what was with all those people at the airport and on the plane?! Between the escalator folks, the man WALKING UP THE AISLE DURING TAKEOFF (?!), and the guy who couldn't buckle his seatbelt due to his nap... ?! I love folks that have no self awareness! :sad2:

Ugh I will never understand people!!

Now that I realize that you only brought carry-ons, I'm even more interested to hear how you brought back so many popcorn buckets!

:rotfl:We can't travel carry-on only in the future for the souvenir issue alone!

:faint: Well, so much for the best laid plans of the day before the trip!

Every time! Maybe by like the 25th Disney trip I'll get it together lol.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I love it! And I'm pretty sure this hashtag will come to mind once or twice when we're at Disney World.

Oo I can almost promise it will!!

I mean, where else would you wait on someone? :confused3

Right? I mean, I can't think of a better place at all.

::yes:: World Showcase could get ugly.

Oh man, definitely! I would probably turn into the person people were saying "how does she make it through the day" about :rotfl:

Just reading your first day makes me tired. It doesn’t seemed to have slowed you down on travel day. Your plane ride sounds interesting to say the least. I think I need to steal that hashtag as I think this prettt much anytime I am in public :lmao: . We love CBR, I hope you had a good stay.

It makes me tired writing it too lol. That Disney adrenaline sure is something!

Steal away! It's how I feel constantly too!

We had some ups and downs at CBR but overall a good stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!