Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Thursday, June 13 2019

After such a long and busy arrival day, it would stand to reason that we slept in and had a relaxing second day.

Of course, we did exactly the opposite. We wanted to make rope drop at Magic Kingdom!

We left our room at 7:20 and made our way to Old Port Royale for our 3rd front desk visit.

On our way there, we made a cute new friend.

A Disney bunny!

It was a nice, relaxing walk over. Early in the morning there were very few other people around and it wasn't too hot out yet. Plus, we had some gorgeous views around us.

Looking back at the Jamaica section.

The gondolas were running and testing, but still covered.

We stopped to take a look at the Riviera construction.

The pool, pristine and empty for once.

We headed to the front desk once again, because the night before they had told Mike he needed to bring each Magicband he had with him to be activated individually. We mentioned to the CM that we had been offered 3 FP+ for our troubles last night but that we didn't see them on our account. He called a manager offer because he said that wasn't something he could handle.

This is when things went downhill.

The manager came over and said he wasn't sure why we were offered FPs since that's not something they typically do (which is clearly not true because giving out FPs seems to be Disney's way to solve anything that goes wrong). We were very taken aback by this and Mike basically said we weren't asking for anything except for the technology to work the way it's supposed to, how frustrating it was that we were dealing with this issue since October and were now at the front desk for the 3rd visit in 24 hours. Mike said something along the lines of how he just wanted a solution to be able to get in his room without so much trouble.

The manager's response? If you stay off-property, they don't use Magicbands to get in the room.

giphy.gif

I was stunned into silence. I'm not even honestly sure what Mike said to the man after that because I walked away. We've dealt with some less-than-helpful CMs in our time but to have a manager at a Disney resort suggest we stay off-property to resolve our IT issues? I was mad.

I chose to treat my anger with food.

There was a huge line at Centertown Market (the CBR food court) but I saw a mobile order window. I placed our mobile order and our food was ready in about 5 minutes!

It came in take-out boxes instead of on a tray, which would be a convenient perk if you're looking to grab food to take with you.

We both got kid's meals, which we do a lot at QS restaurants because the portions are plenty for us.

I got the Mickey waffles with bacon and a drink for $6.49 and I ordered Mike chocolate-chip pancakes, also with bacon and a drink for the same price.

I guess my anger meant I forgot to take a picture of Mike's food. Picture pancakes with chocolate chips in them :rotfl:.

Mike found me just after I found a table and said the manager had pretty much walked away right after I did and he was talking to the original CM who was making sure his magicbands were activated correctly.

We ate our breakfast quickly and headed out to the bus stop. We got there at 7:59 and a bus actually came relatively quickly and we got on at 8:08.

While on the bus, I tweeted to @WDWToday about the manager we encountered that morning.

About 8:35, we had arrived at the Magic Kingdom and were greeted by the Grand Floridian in the background!

Seeing the entrance to the Magic Kingdom for the first time in a trip gives me such a happy feeling each time.

Today was no exception! Especially seeing the railroad parked at it, it reminded me of when the Welcome Show took place at the train station (I miss it!)

As we stepped into the park, I was very excited to see the Main Street transportation vehicles out and running. We saw one pulling up and were able to board it!

This was something we hadn't done before and I had been dying to get the chance! It was the perfect start to our MK day and a fun, different way to travel down Main Street for the first time of the trip.

Castle sighting from the vehicle!

Our lovely chariot parked in the hub.

A few more castle shots, and we were off to line up for our chosen land to open for the morning!

Any guesses on where we headed first?

What a frustrating experience with the manager! What kind of response is that?! It's unhelpful for multiple reasons (not only does it not really solve the problem, as MBs are used for more than room entry, but why on earth are you discouraging people from staying onsite?!). I hope you followed up with a more formal complaint!

That's a good tip regarding the kid's meals! I often don't need a big meal in the morning and the kid's meal would be a perfect solution!

Yet another person who took a Main Street vehicle first thing in the morning. I've never taken one either, but perhaps I'll need to change that sometime!

Seriously, the CM suggested you since your MB issue by staying off site. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Why the intense FP stinginess to begin with. Bonus FPs seem to be their response to every inconvenience. Is he the only guy on site who doesn't know that?

Glad you got to try the main St vehicles. I love that they have them running before RD so you can enjoy one without interrupting your morning touring flow.

After such a long and busy arrival day, it would stand to reason that we slept in and had a relaxing second day.
No. It most certainly would not!!
Of course, we did exactly the opposite. We wanted to make rope drop at Magic Kingdom!
Thaaaaat's better.
A Disney bunny!
Hmmm... I believe he should be over at Warner Bros...
Plus, we had some gorgeous views around us.
Very! Thanks for showing those. I've never stayed there. :)
The manager came over and said he wasn't sure why we were offered FPs since that's not something they typically do
Um... Good for you. Are you going to honour what was promised or not?
The manager's response? If you stay off-property, they don't use Magicbands to get in the room.
:eek:
You. Are. Kidding. Me!!!

"Sir? Have you fallen on your head?"
I walked away. We've dealt with some less-than-helpful CMs in our time but to have a manager at a Disney resort suggest we stay off-property to resolve our IT issues? I was mad.
:hug:
Sorry about that.
I'm... I don't have words for just how bad of customer service (snort!) that is.
I chose to treat my anger with food.
That helps. ::yes::
I placed our mobile order and our food was ready in about 5 minutes!
Not bad! :)
I guess my anger meant I forgot to take a picture of Mike's food. Picture pancakes with chocolate chips in them :rotfl:.
oooohhhh… ahhhhh...
Mike found me just after I found a table and said the manager had pretty much walked away right after I did
:sad2:
This just keeps getting better.
While on the bus, I tweeted to @WDWToday about the manager we encountered that morning.
I don't use the Twitter (and I'm trying to emphasize that by calling it The Twitter), so who does that go to?
Seeing the entrance to the Magic Kingdom for the first time in a trip gives me such a happy feeling each time.
That's gotta make you smile. :)
I was very excited to see the Main Street transportation vehicles out and running. We saw one pulling up and were able to board it!
Oh! We did that too! Isn't that fun???
mmm... 7DMT?

This is when things went downhill.

The manager came over and said he wasn't sure why we were offered FPs since that's not something they typically do (which is clearly not true because giving out FPs seems to be Disney's way to solve anything that goes wrong). We were very taken aback by this and Mike basically said we weren't asking for anything except for the technology to work the way it's supposed to, how frustrating it was that we were dealing with this issue since October and were now at the front desk for the 3rd visit in 24 hours. Mike said something along the lines of how he just wanted a solution to be able to get in his room without so much trouble.

What?? That is the craziest response ever! There is no way I would have walked away from that. I hope you finally got some recompense after your tweet?

s we stepped into the park, I was very excited to see the Main Street transportation vehicles out and running. We saw one pulling up and were able to board it!

Yay! That car is super cute ::yes::

Adventureland?

What? Opposite? The only reasonable thing to do would be rope drop at MK!
The manager came over and said he wasn't sure why we were offered FPs since that's not something they typically do (which is clearly not true because giving out FPs seems to be Disney's way to solve anything that goes wrong).
*cough*BS*cough*
Um... so are you trying to say that even an ineffective MB is better than none, or are you saying not to let the door hit me on the way out?

I'm really sorry about all that! I didn't have any problems to speak of but the few times I had to go to the desk at CBR, I never encountered any kind of rude attitude like this clown!
There was a huge line at Centertown Market (the CBR food court) but I saw a mobile order window. I placed our mobile order and our food was ready in about 5 minutes!

It came in take-out boxes instead of on a tray, which would be a convenient perk if you're looking to grab food to take with you.
I'm glad it worked so well. We used mobile there and that seemed to be the one place that mobile was slower than it would have been to go to the registers and order. They really seemed to be slammed with mobile orders when we did it though.
They seem to be good about monitoring this and taking action, so I really hope something positive came of it.
Today was no exception! Especially seeing the railroad parked at it, it reminded me of when the Welcome Show took place at the train station (I miss it!)
::yes:: I loved how it just set the tone for the day in a way that the new one just doesn't quite meet.
This was something we hadn't done before and I had been dying to get the chance! It was the perfect start to our MK day and a fun, different way to travel down Main Street for the first time of the trip.
Cool!
Um... Fantasyland?
I'll just link to her pictures when I'm talking about CBR.

I love guacamole and this is one of my go-to snacks in Epcot. It's a huge portion for the price and I like that it's not your standard chips and guac. The salsa is nice and spicy and I love it! Mike doesn't like guacamole and even he eats some of this!
I have neve rheard of this, it sounds interesting. As an avocado fan myself, I fully support avocado with a side of avocado. ::yes::

Yup, I used my backpack as a pillow and took a nice 30 minute nap right in the middle of Epcot.

:rotfl:My husband can do this too, I am jealous. I'm glad it got you refreshed to finish out your evening.

All too soon, the show was over and it was time to join the herds and make our way out of Epcot. I hope with the new fireworks song, they leave Promise playing as you leave the park because I love it and my heart won't be able to take it.
:sad::sad: I will miss Illuminations for sure, I but I will miss Promise and Tapestry of Nations as the exit music just as much.

I am honestly floored by this. I am livid just knowing that they said that and it didn't even happen to me. Please tell me this was rectified in some way. I would have reached out to the GM of the hotel, it is just so unbelievably inappropriate.

I said the same thing when I saw the train. Bring back the welcome show!! :rotfl:

OMG what horrible interaction at the front desk! Was he basically encouraging you to stay off site? That is so Un-disney!!

I still need to ride one of the Main Street vehicles!! I'm glad you got to!!

I am so disappointed! I read this whole update waiting for and then we went to get one blah blah blah and there were 3 anytime FPS!

But noooo instead I’m left with this horrible feeling about rude CMs! Way to running my already very mediocre lunch!

Love the early start at MK!!

Hello, usually just a lurker who doesn't comment but the rude manager should not be in customer service. Wow, I have never had one be like that and they always give out FPs when something goes wrong. Enjoying your trip report and look forward to reading more. 😁

Oh man, I can't even come up with a polite response to that Cast Member's comment. Like, what?! Who in their right mind tells someone to stay off property. I get people have bad days and don't have a lot of patience, but that's probably the last possible way to handle someone's issue. :sad2:

I miss the welcome show at the train station!

The manager came over and said he wasn't sure why we were offered FPs since that's not something they typically do (which is clearly not true because giving out FPs seems to be Disney's way to solve anything that goes wrong).

That's pretty much their go to move! (I'm guessing since it doesn't cost them anything and makes guests happy). I don't get why he would lie to you over something that wouldn't cause him any trouble to do.

Wow that's so incredibly rude! :sad2: I've also dealt with a rude hotel manager at a Disney hotel. You'd think their customer service would be better than that.

What a frustrating experience with the manager! What kind of response is that?! It's unhelpful for multiple reasons (not only does it not really solve the problem, as MBs are used for more than room entry, but why on earth are you discouraging people from staying onsite?!). I hope you followed up with a more formal complaint!

Exactly! This is why I was so angry. In addition to being completely unhelpful, the response wasn't even appropriate.

That's a good tip regarding the kid's meals! I often don't need a big meal in the morning and the kid's meal would be a perfect solution!

We do kid's meals a lot with QS! The portions are just more than I can usually eat and I feel so wasteful. Plus, this way I have more room for snacks lol

Yet another person who took a Main Street vehicle first thing in the morning. I've never taken one either, but perhaps I'll need to change that sometime!

I think it's only recently that they're out first thing in the morning!

WOW please tell me WDW Today responded or that you wrote a letter because that is so not okay!!

They did respond and very quickly actually!

Seriously, the CM suggested you since your MB issue by staying off site. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Yes :sad2: :sad2: I seriously couldn't even believe what was happening!

Why the intense FP stinginess to begin with. Bonus FPs seem to be their response to every inconvenience. Is he the only guy on site who doesn't know that?

Right! They literally gave us FPs for helping move a stroller in a line last October lol. I guess he skipped that training day.

Can you pat your head and rub your belly too?
At the same time??????????????

:rotfl: :rotfl: Nope I get distracted too easily lol

Hmmm... I believe he should be over at Warner Bros...

Oo a crossover!

No problem. Other obvious issues aside, it is a gorgeous resort.

Um... Good for you. Are you going to honour what was promised or not?

Seriously :sad2::sad2:

:eek:
You. Are. Kidding. Me!!!

"Sir? Have you fallen on your head?"

If I hadn't been stunned into silence, I might have asked him that!

:hug:
Sorry about that.
I'm... I don't have words for just how bad of customer service (snort!) that is.

Right. My brain couldn't even process what was happening.

I don't use the Twitter (and I'm trying to emphasize that by calling it The Twitter), so who does that go to?

I don't really use it much either, only when we're in Disney really. I'm not 100% on who at WDW is monitoring it but I know that the cast compliments you tweet to it get to the CMs and when I tweeted them with the situation, they messaged me very quickly and the GM of Caribbean Beach called me!

Oh! We did that too! Isn't that fun???

Yes! So much fun!

mmm... 7DMT?

Good guess but not this time!

What?? That is the craziest response ever! There is no way I would have walked away from that. I hope you finally got some recompense after your tweet?

I wish I had responded instead of walking away! I was just so taken off guard!

Adventureland?

::yes::

What? Opposite? The only reasonable thing to do would be rope drop at MK!

Great minds think alike!

*cough*BS*cough*

Exactly!

Um... so are you trying to say that even an ineffective MB is better than none, or are you saying not to let the door hit me on the way out?

I'm really sorry about all that! I didn't have any problems to speak of but the few times I had to go to the desk at CBR, I never encountered any kind of rude attitude like this clown!

Thankfully this was the only rude CM we encountered but it really was more than enough. I don't understand what was wrong with him!

I'm glad it worked so well. We used mobile there and that seemed to be the one place that mobile was slower than it would have been to go to the registers and order. They really seemed to be slammed with mobile orders when we did it though.

Ugh that's frustrating!

They seem to be good about monitoring this and taking action, so I really hope something positive came of it.

They did respond very quickly!

::yes:: I loved how it just set the tone for the day in a way that the new one just doesn't quite meet.

Exactly!

Um... Fantasyland?

Good guess, but not this time!

I'll just link to her pictures when I'm talking about CBR.

Feel free!

OMG what horrible interaction at the front desk! Was he basically encouraging you to stay off site? That is so Un-disney!!

It was so bizarre and un-Disney, I couldn't even believe what was happening!

Um. Wow. Totally speechless...hoping to hear you got some resolution to the Case of the Bad Manager!

We did thankfully! I was also speechless.

I have neve rheard of this, it sounds interesting. As an avocado fan myself, I fully support avocado with a side of avocado. ::yes::

It's one of my favorite snacks! Glad you understand my love of avocados!

:rotfl:My husband can do this too, I am jealous. I'm glad it got you refreshed to finish out your evening.

:rotfl: :rotfl: It really was a great power nap.

:sad::sad: I will miss Illuminations for sure, I but I will miss Promise and Tapestry of Nations as the exit music just as much.

Ugh I am not ready! As much as all the changes to Epcot sound nice, I just can't accept change.

I am honestly floored by this. I am livid just knowing that they said that and it didn't even happen to me. Please tell me this was rectified in some way. I would have reached out to the GM of the hotel, it is just so unbelievably inappropriate.

The GM of the hotel ended up calling me. It made me so mad I didn't even know how to react!

I said the same thing when I saw the train. Bring back the welcome show!! :rotfl:

Yesss please!

I am so disappointed! I read this whole update waiting for and then we went to get one blah blah blah and there were 3 anytime FPS!

But noooo instead I’m left with this horrible feeling about rude CMs! Way to running my already very mediocre lunch!

Ah I'm sorry! I wish that's how the update went honestly!

Hello, usually just a lurker who doesn't comment but the rude manager should not be in customer service. Wow, I have never had one be like that and they always give out FPs when something goes wrong. Enjoying your trip report and look forward to reading more. 😁

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to say hi and thanks for reading! He definitely should not be in customer service! And seriously, they give FPs for anything!

Oh man, I can't even come up with a polite response to that Cast Member's comment. Like, what?! Who in their right mind tells someone to stay off property. I get people have bad days and don't have a lot of patience, but that's probably the last possible way to handle someone's issue. :sad2:

Exactly. I spent many years in retail and have dealt with many customers (and now patients) who have issues and I feel it's just common sense that being rude to someone who's already unhappy is just gonna make it worse. Especially since we weren't asking for anything except for our Magicbands to work appropriately!

That's pretty much their go to move! (I'm guessing since it doesn't cost them anything and makes guests happy). I don't get why he would lie to you over something that wouldn't cause him any trouble to do.

Exactly! They literally give FPs out for everything these days.

Wow that's so incredibly rude! :sad2: I've also dealt with a rude hotel manager at a Disney hotel. You'd think their customer service would be better than that.

That's exactly it. For a company that prides itself on customer service, I expect the front line managers of the resorts to be at the top of their game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter