Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Sometimes, slowing down and just enjoying the moment is one of the best parts of a WDW trip. Glad you were able to take a few minutes at the VAH party and do exactly that.

Agreed! It's hard to do sometimes when you want to try to do it all but I've tried to let that go-go-go mentality go recently.

Rope drop is not for the faint of heart! Man, it can be scary.

So true!

I don't get why they don't have Jessie meeting with Buzz, either. :confused3

Right! I feel like the interaction is so much better when there's two characters together!

Barely. My memory's short, ya know.

Mine too! It seems to get shorter the older I get :confused3

Give me all the ice cream!!!!!

Yes please!

Right. Because you're short. Got it!

Exactly!

You got some great photos! (and video)

Thank you!

Do you remember anything they might have said?

I took a short video- just trying to figure out how to post it lol

Hopefully that works!

Quit trying to be sleepless like me!

#nosleepindisney

::yes:: A good TR writer has all the details.
Or none of them. One of those things.

I'll go with a combo- all the details about some things and none about a lot of others :rolleyes1

No kidding. I was a bit shocked by how bad it was.

I literally had to say to a lady "You know it's just a ride we're going to right?"

I like SDD too. I like the whimsy and the stop and go part.

Yes! The two launches is my favorite part!

Dude's a playa'.

:rotfl:

Mine too! It seems to get shorter the older I get :confused3
What are we talking about?
Hopefully that works!
I see the video, but no sound...
#nosleepindisney
:thumbsup2
I'll go with a combo- all the details about some things and none about a lot of others :rolleyes1
::yes::
I literally had to say to a lady "You know it's just a ride we're going to right?"
wow... and did she look at you with crazed eyes?

What are we talking about?

giphy.gif

I see the video, but no sound...

Apparently it helps if you upload with the sound 🤦‍♀️.
Take 2!

QgiKpVh.mp4

wow... and did she look at you with crazed eyes?

This was after she full on pushed me and then she continued on a rant about how she needed to get on the ride first!

No Capes!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving (if you're not in America, hope you had a good Thursday)! My extended family is rather small and my grandma was disappointed that my aunt and two cousins chose not to come down for the holiday (and not even call to tell her they weren't coming :confused3 ). I wasn't that upset tbh lol but I was upset that she was upset.

We ended up having a lovely holiday with my immediate family, Mike and my grandma. I'm just grateful for a holiday where I don't have to work and where everyone is healthy, especially since my grandma is in her late 80s and both my brother and older sister were hospitalized this year!

On another note entirely, I started the trip report for our most recent trip! It can be found here:

On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure

Now back to June!
---------------------

We left off leaving Toy Story land, in search of some other nearby meet and greets.

Our first stop was right around the corner at One Man's Dream where Mike and Sully were meeting. This was a must-do for me because I hadn't met them since their previous meet and greet location closed.

We got there a few minutes after 10 am and they already had a 30 minute wait but we had no other time to do it so we stuck it out.

We waited every minute of those 30 minutes and all I can say is thank god for air conditioning and smartphones.

giphy.gif

According to this child, I am people of the past :rotfl:

There were some fun signs and artwork on the walls to entertain us.

So close anddd they took a break :crazy2:

But they were back soon enough and it was our turn.

Trying to hug Mike Wazowski is pretty awkward. Reminds me of a middle school dance lol.

Hugging Sully is much better.

After our monstrous meet, we continued the Pixar theme with some photo ops at the Incredible Celebration.

Apparently these are our superhero poses?

I had met Edna Mode when I came down in February with coworkers but Mike had never met her (and I love her!) so we went there next.

The wait was posted at 15 minutes but we waited less than 10. Her m&g location is adorable- the queue features walls with her quotes and her costume designs.

All was fine until Mike came to join me for a picture AND THERE'S A CAPE ON HIS SHIRT!

We both failed to realize this until Edna did.

Edna agreed to continue to take the photo as long as Mike covered the cape.

In the end we were able to take a regular picture but apparently all at a strange distance from each other lol.

When we got back outside, Frozone was just casually hanging out leaning on the building so I was able to meet him with no wait!

Couldn't tell you what we were talking about but I seem very serious about it!

Even though it was just 11 am, there was a treat I had heard a lot about and I had to have it!

This was Jack Jack's Num Num Cookie (warm crunchy but gooey chocolate chip cookie tart 5.79)! The center was indeed very chocolaty and gooey. It was delicious but huge! Mike and I shared it and still only ate half.

I also took it on a tour of the Incredibles areas for some more cute photo ops.

Next time: time for some rides!

People really can get wild at rope drop! I get it- we all wanna get the most out of our Disney time but some people are way too much! It does let you get a lot done in the morning though which is why we still deal with the craziness.

I am fine with checking it out, we have done rope drop but i am not fine with being trampled!

:love: Forky! Have you watched the shorts on Disney+? So cute!

Their line is always so long but 30 minutes during a paid event would annoy me!

I did now!! Love! so cute!

Yeah it was a bit long for m liking but it ended up working out so it was ok!

We ended up having a lovely holiday with my immediate family, Mike and my grandma. I'm just grateful for a holiday where I don't have to work and where everyone is healthy, especially since my grandma is in her late 80s and both my brother and older sister were hospitalized this year!

I am so happy everyone is healthy! I hope you had a great holiday!

We waited every minute of those 30 minutes and all I can say is thank god for air conditioning and smartphones.

right! this wait is pretty long but it is a good meet and i love them!

In the end we were able to take a regular picture but apparently all at a strange distance from each other lol

HAHHA love this whole meet! NO CAPES i think i am going to wear a cape next time just to see what kind of reaction i get!

I think I watched that 10 times... at least... mesmerizing...
Apparently it helps if you upload with the sound 🤦‍♀️.
Take 2!
Annnnd…. I'm at work, so it'll have to wait.
This was after she full on pushed me and then she continued on a rant about how she needed to get on the ride first!
wow. :sad2:
Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving (if you're not in America, hope you had a good Thursday)!
Thursday was... a day! It ended with "y"!
(and not even call to tell her they weren't coming :confused3 ).
:sad2:
Inexcusable. Why is common sense and manners a thing of the past???
On another note entirely, I started the trip report for our most recent trip! It can be found here:
Found it already! :)
We got there a few minutes after 10 am and they already had a 30 minute wait but we had no other time to do it so we stuck it out.
There are two types of DISers… those who skip character meets and those who'll wait an hour (or more) for that one special character. :)
Phew!
According to this child, I am people of the past :rotfl:
:lmao:
So close anddd they took a break :crazy2:
Noooooo...
Trying to hug Mike Wazowski is pretty awkward. Reminds me of a middle school dance lol.
:laughing: I remember those. "Dance with a girl? Ew!"
The wait was posted at 15 minutes but we waited less than 10
Not bad. :)
All was fine until Mike came to join me for a picture AND THERE'S A CAPE ON HIS SHIRT!

We both failed to realize this until Edna did.
NO CAPES!!!!
Edna agreed to continue to take the photo as long as Mike covered the cape.
You're lucky. She could've said no.
This was Jack Jack's Num Num Cookie (warm crunchy but gooey chocolate chip cookie tart 5.79)! The center was indeed very chocolaty and gooey. It was delicious but huge! Mike and I shared it and still only ate half.
Dang. Sure wish I'd done that instead of the vile pie on a stick...

What great character meets! I really enjoyed meeting characters in the parks when I was solo in 2016 (my sister will only meet characters outside of character meals if the lines are REALLY short). Despite your 30 minute line for Mike and Sulley, I think you did really well to meet that many characters in about an hour (or less!).

That's the second time I've seen that cookie in a TR and that's the second time it's been raved about. I think I need to put it on my list!

Great pics of the castle! I really loved the atmosphere of VAH but agree it would've been nice to have some villains meets!

Yay for getting to see Maleficent breathe fire. And what an awesome pic of you with her!!!

I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Super proud of you making rope drop the next day..and surviving the dash to Slinky Dog!

Cute pics with Woody & Bo Peep and Jessie!!

I think I watched that 10 times... at least... mesmerizing...

Me too!

Thursday was... a day! It ended with "y"!

Oo those are my favorite days.

And my least favorite.

Weird.

:sad2:
Inexcusable. Why is common sense and manners a thing of the past???

I really don't know :confused3 :confused3 . It bothers me because my grandma is 86 and god bless her she can still host the holidays (and won't give it up) but I'm well aware that we won't always have her with us for the holidays. So, I can't imagine intentionally choosing not to spend a holiday with her just out of selfishness. Ugh soapbox over!

Found it already! :)

🥰🥰

There are two types of DISers… those who skip character meets and those who'll wait an hour (or more) for that one special character. :)

I am 100% the second type lol

:laughing: I remember those. "Dance with a girl? Ew!"

giphy.gif

Dang. Sure wish I'd done that instead of the vile pie on a stick...

10/10 recommend this cookie (or at least 2/2 me and Mike lol) but bring a ziplock to save half for later!

What great character meets! I really enjoyed meeting characters in the parks when I was solo in 2016 (my sister will only meet characters outside of character meals if the lines are REALLY short). Despite your 30 minute line for Mike and Sulley, I think you did really well to meet that many characters in about an hour (or less!).

Thank you! We really did meet a lot of characters in an hour! Hopefully your little one will love meeting them!

That's the second time I've seen that cookie in a TR and that's the second time it's been raved about. I think I need to put it on my list!

Definitely do! It was delicious and you could definitely all share one!

Great pics of the castle! I really loved the atmosphere of VAH but agree it would've been nice to have some villains meets!

I don't get why they are so stingy with villain meet and greets!

Yay for getting to see Maleficent breathe fire. And what an awesome pic of you with her!!!

Thank you! 🥰 🥰

Super proud of you making rope drop the next day..and surviving the dash to Slinky Dog!

Oo I see what you did there lol. Looking back on it now, I'm not really sure how we survived at all waking up that morning!

Oo those are my favorite days.

And my least favorite.

Weird.
ooooooohhhhh...
my grandma is 86 and god bless her she can still host the holidays (and won't give it up)
:worship:
but I'm well aware that we won't always have her with us for the holidays. So, I can't imagine intentionally choosing not to spend a holiday with her just out of selfishness. Ugh soapbox over!
No kidding!
If my grandma was still around and hosting.... I'd be there!
I am 100% the second type lol
I am 85% the first type.
I have stood in line... for a long time... in the rain... for one character. And I do FP Ariel for my themed photos with her.
But... pretty much it.
I wish I'd been that cool in Juniour High. I got better in High School... but not much.
10/10 recommend this cookie (or at least 2/2 me and Mike lol) but bring a ziplock to save half for later!
Perfect! And the ziplock will keep it dry when I eat it in the shower!

No?

I love the interaction with Edna. How hilarious that there was a cape on Mike's shirt and she noticed!

That cookie does look gigantic, but it sounds delicious.

No kidding!
If my grandma was still around and hosting.... I'd be there!

Exactly! It's not an optional thing to me 🤷‍♀️

I am 85% the first type.
I have stood in line... for a long time... in the rain... for one character. And I do FP Ariel for my themed photos with her.
But... pretty much it.

Oo who was the one character?

Your themed Ariel photos are hilarious!

Perfect! And the ziplock will keep it dry when I eat it in the shower!

No?

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!