Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

They weren't 100% sure this would work but it had in other cases and I will say- we had no further magicband issues during the trip!

We moved on to discuss our manager issues that morning and Neil agreed that Disney does give out fastpasses like candy and he had no idea why the manager said otherwise. He went ahead and loaded 3 anytime FPs to our account for us to use at MK when we returned. I realized after I hung up with him that the FPs he gave us had no restrictions, unlike most that exclude 7DMT and Peter Pan!

He then asked what else he could do to make up for the behavior of the manager that morning. Could I or should I have asked for something free? Perhaps. An upgrade to the Polynesian bungalows crossed my mind:rotfl:. I didn't though. I told him he had already been extremely helpful and as long as the manager was re-educated, I was happy.
Great! I'm glad that there was some follow through and a good resolution.
As a side note, I find it both awesome and creepy at the same time that WDW was able to pull all my contact info to find me just from my name on twitter. #bigbrotheriswatching.
::yes::
I had wanted to try the giant Seven Seas Lagoon specialty drink I've seen on social media but Mike wasn't interested in trying it with me and it's sized for 2. :sad1:
Oh, come on! You can do it! I've got faith in you!
On the monorail, we found the storm we saw looming earlier had started.
Perfect time for a monorail crawl! :thumbsup2

Good to see. :)

Thank you! I never thought I'd be so happy to be told how "un-cool I am" :lmao:

Huh. Interesting. Weird issue, though.

Agreed. While part of me gets it, the other part doesn't understand how they couldn't anticipate this and find a solution.

:laughing:
I probably wouldn't either. But... some day... wouldn't it be nice to try?

Yes!

I'd say "successfully". :)

Thanks! I wanted more of the wall in it but well, my head just kept being there lol

Glad your brother is doing better.

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing, I feel like it’s so hard to find good snacks that aren’t sweet. This is on my list now.

Agreed. I do love my sweets but sometimes, especially in the Florida heat, I need something savory as a snack.

I love this picture, how cute! I love the tattoo as well.

Thank you!! 🥰 🥰

That’s awesome they are truly an anytime Fastpass. I’m glad the issue got resolved. Although I do agree it’s weird they got to you just from the Twitter post.

It definitely took some of the bad taste out of my mouth from that morning and I appreciated how quickly they reached out.

How scary. Glad to hear he is doing better and being miserable in pictures like all 16 year olds should

It was so scary but I'm happy to report he's back to his teenage self. He's now even added "I have a hole in my lung" to his list of excuses when he doesn't want to do anything.

I had no idea Mary was there! She used to be in the hub and we caught her a few times but never back that. I'll have to remember that as Casey is having a sudden resurgence in some Mary love brought on by Mary Poppins 2. She's even gonna be her for Halloween

That's awesome! I hope you'll share pictures. Definitely try to meet her back there- I've never seen a line.

You may be the only person the planet to know where this is

I studied ahead of time :lmao:

I think you may hold the world record for % of finding photo pass photographers :earboy2:

:rotfl:brought to you by many years of "We're getting our money's worth out of this photopass or else!"

This is amazing!!! I've never seen this one before (says the person who never stops at PhotoPass)

It was a new one for us! Wait til we get to Animal Kingdom- there's a magic shot tour coming :rolleyes1

Oh I'm so glad they made this right for you. Sad when you have to turn to twitter instead of having managers who know what they are doing

It really is. It's nice to have these social media resources but it shouldn't come to that.

I'm glad you had a good resolution to your bad experience that morning! Hooray for three (no restriction!) anytime Fastpasses! Also, yes, it is a little creepy that they figured out who you were from your Twitter handle... :rolleyes1

Me too! The GM was so nice. Yeah after the call I was like wait I didn't give them any contact info how'd they find me :rotfl:

I've learned (especially since my trip reports tend to be so delinquent!) that taking pictures of the menu is essential. I don't tend to take notes, so the pictures are even more important.

Menu pictures are a fantastic idea that I will have to try to do next trip! My notes are incredibly sparse, especially as the days go by so I'm gonna have to try to remember menu pictures!

Your beverage looks quite tasty! I hope you make it into Trader Sam's - hopefully the rain didn't give everyone else the same idea!

It was delicious!

I just found your trip report!!! I really need people who follow me to tell me to go follow there trip reports. Sorry that I am so late at finding yours. I am slowly catching up.

This marked on 14th trip together. He keeps insisting that I'm the one who loves Disney and he just goes along for me. You'll see in the report that this is definitely not the case and he is in denial about being just as addicted as I am!
Isn't that alot of our signifigant others on these boards?

We stopped at the kiosk at the Jetblue counter just to print boarding passes since we weren't checking any bags. I know you can use the boarding pass on your phone, but not having a printed one makes me nervous for some reason. 🤷‍♀️
I am the same way. What is weird, Frontier will charge you if you don't print yours out. But then when you got to check your bags, they print you out one and give it to you for "free". What?!?!

TSA agent: All electronics bigger than a cell phone need a separate bin.
Man in front of me: Does that include my cell phone?
TSA agent: Only if it's bigger than a cell phone :confused3:confused3
Oye. TSA is always an adventure!

Once a store finally opened, I took a trip to the bathroom and got a diet Coke and an energy drink for Mike. I was going to buy a pack of gum since the take-off and landing always bother my ears but they were charging like $3.50 for a tiny pack so I decided to take my chances. I did take pseudophed before boarding and hoped that would be enough.
Did you know that they don't sell gum at MCO? We tried to get some one trip and were told it is banned from the whole airport!

"Sir, the flight is literally taking-off right now- you NEED to sit down!!"
OMG!!!! That beats my story. We had someong get up to use the bathroom after we landed but were still taxing to the gate. The pilot stopped the plane in the middle of the tar mack. And the stewardess were banging on the bathroom door to get this lady to sit back down. But at least she waited till we had landed!

Because apparently, this was the theme of the day, someone was arguing with the flight attendant two rows ahead of us. Basically, she was telling him he had to sit up and put his seatbelt on for the descent and his response was "But, I'm taking a nap". The flight attendant looked at him and say "Oh really? I don't care. Safety first". I think she and I would be friends.
Man, it was a rough flight for thos flight attendants!

We decided to try to check out the hot tub but were surprised to find it was tiny and completely overrun with children. I was disappointed by how small the hot tub was at CBR, given the size of the resort. We tried several times to go in, even just to dip our feet after the day in the parks, and it was always packed.
YES!!!! And I don't like how it is hiding around the corner. It's like it was an after thought. I was saying to DH that I wish that the quiet pools had the hot tubs and not the main pools.

My one complaint, which isn't even specific to CBR is the fridges they're using now. The ones with the clear door. They are SO tiny and there's barely room for anything in them and there's no freezer section at all.
So small! And the shelf doesn't stay put. Or at least it didn't for me.

In the meanwhile, we watched 3 buses come for Animal Kingdom, 2 for Hollywood Studios,
That is just the worst to see so many of the same park. Or Disney Springs first thing in the morning.. most things aren't even open there yet!

We lucked out because the photopass CM said we could be her last family before she went to seek refuge from the impending rain.
Perfect Timing!

Thank you all for the good wishes for my brother! He followed up with the cardiothoracic surgeon this week and was 80% healed and is doing well thankfully.

Thank goodness!

My sister and I dragged him to hang out with us yesterday and he's a normal 16 year old boy with the attitude to match.

sunflowers.jpg

Cute pic! Unfortunately, I know that attitude all too well :sad2:

On the phone was Neil, who identified himself as the general manager of CBR. Whoever runs the twitter account had passed along my issues to him and he was already aware of the highlights of what was going on. He asked for the full rundown of our magicband issues and our front desk visits. I gave him the shortest version possible, since I tend to rant a lot, especially when angry or upset lol.

He had already reached out to an IT supervisor before calling, which I really appreciated. He said that this is a known issue to IT for people who travel to Disney frequently and they are working on a way to fix it but in the meanwhile, they had a workaround where they would basically put most of our Magicbands in limbo. This way, we could call them in the future if we want to use those particular ones but they weren't in the account taking up data.

They weren't 100% sure this would work but it had in other cases and I will say- we had no further magicband issues during the trip!

We moved on to discuss our manager issues that morning and Neil agreed that Disney does give out fastpasses like candy and he had no idea why the manager said otherwise. He went ahead and loaded 3 anytime FPs to our account for us to use at MK when we returned. I realized after I hung up with him that the FPs he gave us had no restrictions, unlike most that exclude 7DMT and Peter Pan!

He then asked what else he could do to make up for the behavior of the manager that morning. Could I or should I have asked for something free? Perhaps. An upgrade to the Polynesian bungalows crossed my mind:rotfl:. I didn't though. I told him he had already been extremely helpful and as long as the manager was re-educated, I was happy.

That's really nice that he reached out and that the issue was finally fixed. :thumbsup2

As a side note, I find it both awesome and creepy at the same time that WDW was able to pull all my contact info to find me just from my name on twitter. #bigbrotheriswatching.

It kind of is creepy ::yes::

I was surprised by how big the bar was at the Wave and also by how many people were in there at 2:15 pm. There were tons of seats open though since it was so large and we settled in to decide on drinks. The bartender was quick and friendly and it was clear some of the other patrons had been there a while and were having a great time.

I've stayed at The CR/BLT so many times and have still never set foot in The Wave. Looks like a cute place!

I gave him the shortest version possible, since I tend to rant a lot, especially when angry or upset lol.

Yup, I definitely do this, too. I end up repeating the most frustrating parts, which isn't particularly useful.

I'm glad you got a good resolution to your issue, and unlimited FPs.

That margarita sounds right up my alley. Yum!

I am almost caught up....

As @missangelalexis guessed correctly, we were meeting Ralph and Vanellope! I had only met them once, long ago, in DHS after the first movie came out and DBF had never met them. Wreck-It Ralph also happens to be the first Disney movie we watched together.
They are a great meet!

Untitled by Courtney Holder, on Flickr

I was excited to get the magnets since this was the first year since 2016 we hadn’t made it to Flower and Garden.
I love it!

And this gem of my confused face and frizzy hair?
You kind of look like you might cry... Also, we won't get these gems if they keep switching to those stupid machines.

e got in line at 3:01 pm and didn't get off the ride until a few minutes before 4.
Yikes! That did not sound like a fun wait for Soarin'

There was a souvenir cup available and I've never met a souvenir cup I didn't buy sooo, of course I bought it.
Love!

Guacamole
(
topped with Mango and Pumpkin Seeds. Served with Fried Flour Chicharrón, Salsa Valentina and Lime 8.95)
Also, my favorite. Although, I haven't tried the Avacado Margarita yet.

The manager's response? If you stay off-property, they don't use Magicbands to get in the room.

giphy.gif
Sometimes when something like that bad happens it's just hard to even comprehend.

This was something we hadn't done before and I had been dying to get the chance! It was the perfect start to our MK day and a fun, different way to travel down Main Street for the first time of the trip.

Love riding the vehicles! I might need to try and have us do that in December. We might fill up a whole car with our friends there.

I had seen posts on social media of this right before we went and I was so happy to do it so easily! You have to stand very still in place while they do it (which isn't easy for me) and on the last day of our trip we did it again and there was a family in front of us who weren't able to complete it because their children were moving too much for the camera to capture them (or so we learned from the CM!)
Interesting. I don't think the CM told us to stand still when we did it. Glad ours worked!

And I am officially all caught up!!!

Just a quick real life update first: If you wouldn't mind keeping my little brother in your thoughts, I would appreciate it. He texted us from the bus on the way to school this morning to say his shoulder and ribs started hurting him and he couldn't breathe. My sister picked him up and I met them at the ER where he was diagnosed with a spontaneous pneumothorax. Thankfully he is doing well and they are just watching him overnight to repeat his x-rays. It's been a scary day and certainly not how he expected to start his senior year!
Oh My!!! That must have been so scary! Glad to hear he is doing better.

ur detour through Frontierland was perfect because I saw people with the popcorn bucket I was searching for! So, naturally we made our way to the popcorn cart to purchase it.

Love this! So cute!

I love this pic!

Clearly one of us knew where the photo was and one didn't.:rotfl:

Ha!

Notice the foreboding sky in the background.
Great photo!

Thank you all for the good wishes for my brother! He followed up with the cardiothoracic surgeon this week and was 80% healed and is doing well thankfully.
So glad to hear this!!!

I never know what to say to that! Grrrr. But glad they were more than willing to try and make things up to you guys.

Instead I chose a Watermelon margarita and Mike chose....something. :lmao:I failed to take notes on what we ordered and I thought the drink menu would be easy to find online but it's not lo
I love watermelon margaritas! Can't wait to hear how Trader Sam's was. I still need to actually get in there.

I just found your trip report!!! I really need people who follow me to tell me to go follow there trip reports. Sorry that I am so late at finding yours. I am slowly catching up.

:welcome: No worries, there's a lot happening on these boards- it's hard to keep up!

Isn't that alot of our signifigant others on these boards?

Definitely!

I am the same way. What is weird, Frontier will charge you if you don't print yours out. But then when you got to check your bags, they print you out one and give it to you for "free". What?!?!

:confused3:confused3 That's really strange!!

Did you know that they don't sell gum at MCO? We tried to get some one trip and were told it is banned from the whole airport!

I didn't know that! I guess they took a note from Disney on that one.

OMG!!!! That beats my story. We had someong get up to use the bathroom after we landed but were still taxing to the gate. The pilot stopped the plane in the middle of the tar mack. And the stewardess were banging on the bathroom door to get this lady to sit back down. But at least she waited till we had landed!

Seriously, I don't understand people!

YES!!!! And I don't like how it is hiding around the corner. It's like it was an after thought. I was saying to DH that I wish that the quiet pools had the hot tubs and not the main pools.

It definitely felt like an afterthought. The quiet pools having hot tubs would be perfect!!

So small! And the shelf doesn't stay put. Or at least it didn't for me.

Yup! We're driving next month and gonna end up bringing our cooler in the room to use instead of the fridge.

Thank goodness!

Agreed! 🥰 🥰

Cute pic! Unfortunately, I know that attitude all too well :sad2:

Thank you! I never thought I'd appreciate the teenage attitude but that day I did lol. I'm over it again now!

That's really nice that he reached out and that the issue was finally fixed. :thumbsup2

I really appreciated him and that the problems were resolved!

I've stayed at The CR/BLT so many times and have still never set foot in The Wave. Looks like a cute place!

I would like to eat a meal there one day since Pete raves about it on the Dis but the drinks were delicious!

So happy to hear your brother is doing better!

There we go!! Just what I was waiting for!

You kind of look like you might cry... Also, we won't get these gems if they keep switching to those stupid machines.

It does kinda look like that :rotfl: . UGH the photo boxes make me so angry! I keep hoping they'll see the error of their ways and go back.

Yikes! That did not sound like a fun wait for Soarin'

It was miserable. Definitely shouldn't have waited.

Also, my favorite. Although, I haven't tried the Avacado Margarita yet.

I highly recommend the avocado margarita! I love it.

Sometimes when something like that bad happens it's just hard to even comprehend.

That's exactly how I felt in that moment.

Interesting. I don't think the CM told us to stand still when we did it. Glad ours worked!

She was so particular about it. I was afraid to move lol

And I am officially all caught up!!!

Woo! Thanks for all the reading you did!

Oh My!!! That must have been so scary! Glad to hear he is doing better.

It was so scary. Thank you! 🥰

I love this pic!

:love:

I never know what to say to that! Grrrr. But glad they were more than willing to try and make things up to you guys.

Same! I was very appreciate of his response though!

I love watermelon margaritas! Can't wait to hear how Trader Sam's was. I still need to actually get in there.

It was so delicious- I wish I had one now lol. You do need to get to Trader Sam's! If you go early in the day, it's a pretty kid friendly environment and the girls would get a kick out of it! We took Mike's nephew last year at 17 and they had non-alcoholic specialty drinks and he thought it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!