Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
To All Who Come to this Happy Place- Welcome!

If you followed along with my PTR, thanks for coming along to hear about the trip!

If you didn't, and care to hear about how this trip came to be (and to read about the planning for our next trip), you can find it here.

If you haven't read the PTR, you're probably wondering who we are.

My name is Courtney, the writer of this TR and the mastermind (or crazed over-planner- however you want to look at it), behind our trips!

me .JPG

I work full-time overnights as an Emergency Room nurse and by day, I'm a Disney travel agent.

This trip marked my 21st trip to WDW!

My travel companion for this trip was my boyfriend, Mike.

mike.JPG

This marked on 14th trip together. He keeps insisting that I'm the one who loves Disney and he just goes along for me. You'll see in the report that this is definitely not the case and he is in denial about being just as addicted as I am!

So now that we covered the who, here's the why: this trip was planning as a relatively last minute and quick getaway. Once Villains After Hours was announced, I knew I wanted to go. We were only supposed to go once this year to WDW for our big trip in October to save money to hit Disneyland next year. However, I ended up renewing my AP in February to go with coworkers and Mike's was still active, so a new trip was born!

Where: We lucked into a great AP rate at Caribbean Beach so decided to try it out for the first time. Did we love it? Did we hate it? Did we have 999 magicband issues? Stay tuned to find out.

When: 5 days, 4 nights from June 12-16 where we really tested out our #nosleepinDisney philosophy

What: a magical, whirlwind trip of ups and downs, Villains After Hours, dessert parties, way too much delicious food and a million new popcorn buckets and souvenir cups (I have a problem).

casey jr popcorn bucket.JPG

Cast your vote: do you think we got them all home or did we have to abandon some treasure?!

Chapter Links

1. #panicmode
2. Can you Please Sit Down Sir
3. Spyglass Grill breakfast
4. Caribbean Beach Resort Room Tour
5. Is a Bus Ever Coming?

6. How Many Magnets Do You Need?
7. Torture in the Soarin Line
8. Journey Around the World Showcase
9. I Take A Nap Right Here

10. I Take A Nap Right Here Part 2
11. Thursday, June 13 2019
12. The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness
13. Disney Always Closes Things When I Come Pt 1
14. Disney Always Closes Things When I Come Pt 2
15. Pinky Promise You Won't Kiss Me?
16. Monorail Bar Crawl Stop 1
17. How Do You Get the Hippos Out of the Trees?
18. Using Our Anytime Fastpasses!
19. Reach Out and Find Your Happily Ever After
20. Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please Pt 1
21. Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please Pt 2
22. Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please Pt 3
23. I'm Trash
24. No Capes!

25. How 'Bout Some Backstage Passes?
Disney Springs Drink and Appetizer Crawl
27. Dream A Fantasmic Dream
28. Saturday June 15

29. Kevin's A Girl?
30. We're Not Gonna Make It!
31. Yak and Yeti Lunch
32. Magic Shot Tour through AK
33. Dinoland Character Tour
34. Rivers of Light Dessert Party
35. Rivers of Light and Tree of Life: Awakenings

36. Garden Grill Breakfast
37. June 16, 2019: Epcot rides
38. June 16, 2019: World Showcase
39. June 16, 2019: Epcot Character Training

40. Last Hours in Magic Kingdom
41. A Rainy Magic Kingdom, Sebastian's Bistro and More Flight Delays
42. Wrap Up!

Last edited:
I'm here!!! So excited for this TR!!!
Very eager to hear about popcorn buckets, VAH, and your opinions on CBR. popcorn::

My guess is you bought another suitcase for them! Or, you are an ED RN! You are great at thinking outside the box!
:wizard:

He keeps insisting that I'm the one who loves Disney and he just goes along for me. You'll see in the report that this is definitely not the case and he is in denial about being just as addicted as I am!
It seems to be a contagious disease and when you spend that much time around someone who has it... you're screwed.
We lucked into a great AP rate at Caribbean Beach so decided to try it out for the first time. Did we love it? Did we hate it? Did we have 999 magicband issues? Stay tuned to find out.
This! I need to know all this!!!!

I tried to start skimming through the PTR, but I had to skip to the June part for the latest intel! Looking forward to reading about it!

Fellow Disney loving nurse joining in!

Curious to see how you got all your purchases home. :laughing:

I also just got back from a last-minute June trip. I'm missing it already.

Joining in!

Oh boy, I just tentatively booked Caribbean Beach for DH and I for August if we're able to get a passholder preview for SWGE! Hoping you ended up liking it! lol

Can't wait to hear how your trip went!

He keeps insisting that I'm the one who loves Disney and he just goes along for me. You'll see in the report that this is definitely not the case and he is in denial about being just as addicted as I am!

It seems to be a contagious disease and when you spend that much time around someone who has it... you're screwed.

Yep! I've converted my DH as well.

Cast your vote: do you think we got them all home or did we have to abandon some treasure?!

I vote both - you managed to fit most in your suitcase by filling them with stuff you were packing anyway, and gave the last two to cute kids in the lobby of your hotel.

Last edited:
I'm here!!! So excited for this TR!!!
Very eager to hear about popcorn buckets, VAH, and your opinions on CBR. popcorn::

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

My guess is you bought another suitcase for them! Or, you are an ED RN! You are great at thinking outside the box!
:wizard:

:welcome: Perfect guesses! Lol- thinking outside the box is a daily occurrence around here!

This! I need to know all this!!!!

I tried to start skimming through the PTR, but I had to skip to the June part for the latest intel! Looking forward to reading about it!

:welcome: It definitely does seem to be contagious lol!

There were some great things about CBR but definitely some negatives too!

Joining in. Can't wait to hear how you got the buckets home. My vote is wearing all of your clothes simultaneously to make room in the suitcases :-)

Thanks for joining! Lolol not a bad plan! I wonder how TSA would react !

Joining in, if only for the tips about how to get all those popcorn home ;)

:welcome:We are definitely good at getting tons of popcorn buckets home lol.

Fellow Disney loving nurse joining in!

Curious to see how you got all your purchases home. :laughing:

I also just got back from a last-minute June trip. I'm missing it already.

:welcome: Always nice to meet another Disney loving nurse! How was your trip?! It's so hard to recover from the post-Disney depression!

Joining in!

Oh boy, I just tentatively booked Caribbean Beach for DH and I for August if we're able to get a passholder preview for SWGE! Hoping you ended up liking it! lol

Can't wait to hear how your trip went!

Thanks for joining!

Oh man- smart idea to book a hotel already! I'm gonna have to look into that too lol.

Can't wait to read about your trip also!

Looking forward to your TR

:welcome: Thank you!

Following... looking for info on CBR for my November trip.

:welcome: I have tons of CBR thoughts! I'll try to share them all lol!

Checking things out since some of our days overlapped!!

:welcome: Can't wait to read about your trip also!

Yep! I've converted my DH as well.

I vote both - you managed to fist most in your suitcase by filling them with stuff you were packing anyway, and gave the last two to cute kids in the lobby of your hotel.

:welcome: Glad you converted your DH lol. Oo great votes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!