Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

I love the ribs at Morimoto and the ones at Nomads are very yummy also!
Andi and I did the VIP dessert party for Fantasmic and really enjoyed this, way to go to avoid the stand by line!
Walking around DS always makes me tired out especially after food and drinks:yoda:o_O

Great Hollywood studios day!

I love this Olaf story! That’s so fun! Haha I was laughing just reading about it! Must have been amazing in person!

we haven’t seen fantasmic in years... i don’t even know if I spelt that correctly.... maybe we should try and catch it again sometime soon, and great desert package actually doesn’t

My sister and I are back from our trip and we had a great time! Unfortunately, I came home and got the flu so now I'm laying in bed miserable, really wishing I was still in Disney!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry :sad1: We've been sick here, as well. Not with the flu but with the stomach bug. I am already so sick of winter>:( Hope you're feeling better!

Conveniently, the TSMM exit leads to some Instagrammable photo ops, so my sulking came to a quick end.

You planned that, didn't you?! Perfect!

Our Lyft driver was nice but his car smelled like dirty laundry. He attempted to make conversation with us about Star Wars (presumably since he just picked us up from DHS where SWGE would soon open) but we told him we had never seen the movies which meant that he spent the entire ride explaining the movies to us, which order we should watch them in and why we need to see them.

Fun :sad2:

We decided to eat and drink instead!

Always a good Plan B!

My sister and I overheard another table ask about ordering this when we were just there and the waitress told them it's not something they're offering anymore.

I'm kind of torn about this news. I was thinking I really need to bring Mike here to try this but then the thought of bacon wrapped in chocolate makes me kind of gag so then I was thinking maybe I should never tell him about this place. If they no longer offer it, my moral dilemma is solved :P

On the way to the bus back, I used the fact that I didn't get a drink at Morimoto as an excuse to get one for the walk back.

There was a hot pink corksicle that I was hoping to buy but it was sold out but I was still happy with this one! I got it with a frose which was refreshing and delicious.

That's fun that they offer wine in "to-go" cups :thumbsup2

This is the selfie I sent my sister from the bus.

I only share this horrible picture because I'm such an honest trip reporter lol.

:rotfl:

We're going in July and I'm sure I'll have more than a few of these melty pics! I won't be showing them here though!

Before I move on with the report, i found some photos in our photopass account that I forgot about. On the way to the buses, we passed a booth advertising for a game, Toy Story Drop. I assume it was new at the time and they were giving out free Toy Story pop sockets if you downloaded the app on your phone. They also had a photopass person there which seemed a little silly at the time but we couldn't resist.

Now seeing the photos, I can confirm they are ridiculous :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cute!

The photographer took some fun solo shots of me showing off my Tower of Terror ears.

Perfect with your shirt too!

Poor Mike was left standing there alone and the photographer was nice enough to capture that for him.

:rotfl2:

The package costs $39 for adults and I honestly don't find that price too bad by Disney standards. We typically buy alcoholic drinks and a snack while waiting for Fantasmic anyway so this is just a bit more than we would've spent. Plus, the trays are perfect for packing the leftovers back into the bag and taking back to the room to eat during the rest of the trip.

Not bad. I haven't seen F! in years but if I ever have the desire I would do this in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd have to give my DD all my strawberries…and she'd be giving me all her cheese :goodvibes

my pictures of it almost always are terrible but i got a new fancy camera for Christmas so hopefully that will change in the future.

Oooohhh…what did you get? My dream is to get a fancy camera but there always seems to be something else I need a few hundred dollars for :sad:

Eventually we made it out and got the bus back to Caribbean Beach. When we got back, we had a little less than an hour til the pool closed at 11 so we decided to go for a quick swim. I really wanted to soak my feet in the hot tub but it was so small and overcrowded with little kids (as it was every time we passed it). I used this opportunity to go down the waterslides since I had to wash my hair that night anyway.

Sounds perfect, especially on a hot summer night!

Sounds like a fun time at DHS and Disney Springs!

Definitely looks like you needed a nap!! We've all been there!

Love your ToT themed outfit that night!

What a hilarious encounter with Olaf!

Sounds like a great end to your day!

That'd be me.
"I'm going to have little bits to eat at every DS restaurant! Let's go!"
1st stop D-luxe

"Annnddd… I'm out."

Exactly! My eyes are always bigger than my stomach too which doesn't help!

Whoops! Sorry Mike!

:rotfl: :rotfl: he's actually excited to see if they come out tasting the same so no apology needed!

I wish I knew that.
I'd reverse that!

Yes- can you work on that please!

Nice. I like those. And I'm not really a big "ears" fan.

I am a big ears fan but I also like to have different ones that not everyone has lol.

That's not a lightsaber. That's plastic. C'mon Disney. You need to step up your game.

:rotfl: :rotfl: This was pre-Galaxy's Edge billion dollar lightsabers.

Bye Mike!
You should've just kept going and see how far you could've gotten.

I thought of that after the fact lol. I wonder when someone would've stopped us!

What happened?

It was just a crazy long line all the way down Sunset Blvd that we had to wait in forever and my ex had no patience at all so it wasn't fun!

Rookie mistake! :laughing:

Seriously!

Yes... you should question your relationship.

I did. I decided to keep him but I'm still concerned about his lack of cheese eating.

Good guess!

Oh no! Gwen will be so sad. I knew it wouldn't be there forever. It was my way to bribe them to go there. Ha! Maybe it was just hat day.

Maybe it will be back! If they did it with a thicker cut of bacon, I think we would've loved it!

This is hilarious! I love it.

It was so funny- i was crying laughing when we left!

What? Did the family find it funny or did they think it was for real?

I'm not sure. I think there was a little bit of a language barrier but I couldn't believe they were really walking up to meet Mike.

I think the babybel cheese are prewrapped crackers is probably better. The little bag with crackers looked cute but they got soggy.

Agreed. I enjoy Babybel cheese more than the other cheeses too.

I wish they had a version of this for MK. I like the laid backness of it.

Agreed! The price point for the one at MK has gotten insane too.

Your Olaf meet and greet sounds quite memorable! I loved the the family behind you in line played along and went up to Mike after he made that comment. I laughed out loud at that part and had to explain to Alex what had happened.

Omg it was so funny. I was crying laughing all the way up Sunset Boulevard thinking about it!

I love this Olaf story! That’s so fun! Haha I was laughing just reading about it! Must have been amazing in person!

It was hysterical! I was crying laughing afterwards!

we haven’t seen fantasmic in years... i don’t even know if I spelt that correctly.... maybe we should try and catch it again sometime soon, and great desert package actually doesn’t

I'm a huge Fantasmic fan so I definitely recommend seeing it! I remember being scared of it when I was little though so not sure how the girls will feel. We really enjoy the dessert package and find it a pretty good value for the price. I think it was only like $19 or something for kids too!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry :sad1: We've been sick here, as well. Not with the flu but with the stomach bug. I am already so sick of winter:( Hope you're feeling better!

I'm mostly better- still congested and have this torturous lingering dry cough though. I'm not sure what's worse- flu or the stomach bug- ugh! I hope you're all feeling better also. I'm definitely ready for Spring!

You planned that, didn't you?! Perfect!

I planned it as a kinda Minnie Mouse disney bound but it really worked out perfectly here!

I'm kind of torn about this news. I was thinking I really need to bring Mike here to try this but then the thought of bacon wrapped in chocolate makes me kind of gag so then I was thinking maybe I should never tell him about this place. If they no longer offer it, my moral dilemma is solved :P

:rotfl: :rotfl: There was definitely no sign of it on any menu in December but it also wasn't on any menu in June, we just had to ask for it.

That's fun that they offer wine in "to-go" cups :thumbsup2

I agree! The girl who sold it to me said if you bring your corksicle back you get discounted refills too!

We're going in July and I'm sure I'll have more than a few of these melty pics! I won't be showing them here though!

:rotfl::rotfl:I mostly don't agree to photos in that state but this one just showcased how I remember feeling perfectly.

Not bad. I haven't seen F! in years but if I ever have the desire I would do this in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd have to give my DD all my strawberries…and she'd be giving me all her cheese :goodvibes

Not a bad trade! I rarely meet a cheese I won't eat.

Oooohhh…what did you get? My dream is to get a fancy camera but there always seems to be something else I need a few hundred dollars for :sad:

It's the Canon rebel t6! I was debating getting a basic DSLR for months and reading reviews of this one vs a Nikon one but came to the same decision- there was other things to spend the money on. I guess Mike got tired of me reading reviews of them for hours on end because he surprised me with it before my sister and I went to Disney in December! I know there's much fancier cameras out there but for someone like me with no real camera knowledge, this one has been good for getting nice pictures at a basic skill level!

Exactly! My eyes are always bigger than my stomach too which doesn't help!
::yes::
Yes- can you work on that please!
Aye aye, captain!
I am a big ears fan but I also like to have different ones that not everyone has lol.
I get that. You want unique.
:rotfl: :rotfl: This was pre-Galaxy's Edge billion dollar lightsabers
No excuse!!!
It was just a crazy long line all the way down Sunset Blvd that we had to wait in forever and my ex had no patience at all so it wasn't fun!
Ugh.
I did. I decided to keep him but I'm still concerned about his lack of cheese eating.
Rightfully so!

It's the Canon rebel t6! I was debating getting a basic DSLR for months and reading reviews of this one vs a Nikon one but came to the same decision- there was other things to spend the money on. I guess Mike got tired of me reading reviews of them for hours on end because he surprised me with it before my sister and I went to Disney in December!

Sounds perfect, and not as expensive as I was thinking! I love that he surprised you with it! What a great guy!

What a great interaction with Olaf! I'm really hoping M still loves Olaf (and that he's still meeting people) when we go as that would be a great character meet!

Mike made a comment like, "I guess I'll meet the next family now?" AND THE NEXT FAMILY ACTUALLY CAME UP TO MEET HIM.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is HYSTERICAL! It's such a shame this wasn't captured on video!

Your Tower of Terror outfit and ears are amazing! I love them!

I'm with you on Fantasmic... I did the dining package with the reserved seating in 2015 and wouldn't do it without the reserved seating again. It was amazing to waltz right into the theatre and into a great seat without having to wait in a crazy line. (Plus, I'm almost always eating in a restaurant anyway - I may as well pay just a bit more to also get the Fantasmic seating). I'm glad to know about another option for getting preferred seats in Fantasmic - and I'm always a fan of dessert!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

Sounds perfect, and not as expensive as I was thinking! I love that he surprised you with it! What a great guy!

That's what I liked about it. It's a good camera and not an outrageous price. Especially since I've started looking into other lens to buy and some of them are very expensive lol :scared:

I know! I was so surprised. I think I'll keep him around lol :goodvibes

What a great interaction with Olaf! I'm really hoping M still loves Olaf (and that he's still meeting people) when we go as that would be a great character meet!

I feel like his meet and greet isn't going anywhere especially with Frozen 2 reigniting the Frozen obsession lol! I hope she'll love it!

This is HYSTERICAL! It's such a shame this wasn't captured on video!

I know! That's what I was thinking too!!

I'm with you on Fantasmic... I did the dining package with the reserved seating in 2015 and wouldn't do it without the reserved seating again. It was amazing to waltz right into the theatre and into a great seat without having to wait in a crazy line. (Plus, I'm almost always eating in a restaurant anyway - I may as well pay just a bit more to also get the Fantasmic seating). I'm glad to know about another option for getting preferred seats in Fantasmic - and I'm always a fan of dessert!

That's how I've always felt about it too! And if you're on the dining plan, it's really a no-brainer to get the reserved seating but we don't always love the TS options in HS so this is a great option for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!