Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness

When we left off, we had just taken a Main Street transportation vehicle to the castle and it was time to choose where to head at rope drop.

We chose to head to Frontierland via Adventureland. The way they did rope drop this morning was strange and we would've been better off going through Liberty Square.

The CMs walked us all the way back to Splash Mountain and then held us there.

Initially, I thought it might be a ride issue but someone near us asked why we were waiting and they said we had to wait for the other path to catch up.

It gave me time for a nice Splash Mountain close up though!

So close yet so far! I imagine that duck was mocking us waiting.

After a few minutes, the crowd being led by CMs through Liberty Square came over and continued to be walked to Splash or BTMRR and our crowd was left to merge ourselves in with them. I'm not sure if this is the new rope drop procedure for that area? We've rope dropped BTMRR before and never experienced it.

Nevertheless, we merged ourselves in.

While it wasn't a walk-on like we've experienced in the past at rope drop, we moved constantly through the queue and were on our train at 9:10.

BTMRR is my favorite of the mountains! I wish they would add an on-ride photo to it.

We got a nice view of the Liberty Belle from the ride which (spoiler alert!), we still haven't ever been on.

When we got off the ride, the wait time was posted at 15 minutes but again, the queue was constantly moving that early in the morning so we waited less than 10 before another trip through the mines.

Hard to beat that beautiful castle view! 🥰

After our ride, we still had about 25 minutes until our first FP, 9:50-10:50 for Splash Mountain. I wanted to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, so we did the completely logical thing and walked in circles.

We waited about 15 minutes, which is probably one of the shortest waits we've had for them in MK.

I don't remember much about the meet but I'm pretty sure we talked about Abu hiding things.

We completed our circle by heading back to Splash Mountain. There was a photopass photographer in front and a relatively new magic shot with Splash Mountain so I was excited to stop.

Our picture showed up without magic though. 🤷‍♀️

We scanned in for our FP at 9:56.

I love water rides and Mike hates getting wet when he isn't in a bathing suit. So we compromise and ride them anyway.

These are just the cutest Ziplocs ever and I can't stop myself from taking some every time.

This might be my favorite part of the ride! It's so bright and cheerful and I just love it.

The plan for the ride photo was to be asleep. As you can see, one of us succeeded more than the other.

After our trip through the laughing place, I saw a picture on social media of a pin I had to have! So we went to the Frontierland Trading Post.

This pin is gorgeous and giant and I'm so happy I added it to my collection.

The Country Bears were roaming around, so we spent some time stalking following them to try to get a picture.

We managed to get one!

And you can see my failed attempt to hide my Diet Coke can:rotfl:.

I stopped for a quick scenery shot because I can't help myself before we headed back to Main Street for some special meet and greets!

Despite the odd rope-drop procedure, it sounds like your morning was off to a good start!

I don't know that I've ever seen those bags at Splash Mountain - I'll have to look for them and perhaps take a few for myself! :thumbsup2

BTMRR is a wonderful way to start a MK morning. And doing it back to back is even better!

That Lion King pin!!! I missed that one while I was there. I got the Scar one and saw the other two in the set, but I don't think I discovered that one. It looks awesome.

Glad Disney got back to you because that is so not okay! lol

Sounds like a great MK morning! That pin is super cute!

And I love the diet coke can hahaha

The manager came over and said he wasn't sure why we were offered FPs since that's not something they typically do (which is clearly not true because giving out FPs seems to be Disney's way to solve anything that goes wrong). We were very taken aback by this and Mike basically said we weren't asking for anything except for the technology to work the way it's supposed to, how frustrating it was that we were dealing with this issue since October and were now at the front desk for the 3rd visit in 24 hours. Mike said something along the lines of how he just wanted a solution to be able to get in his room without so much trouble.

I would have absolutely lost it on this manager and not cared who was around to see me scream. Wow, I hope someone followed you up over this. What a completely unprofessional way to talk to guests!

It looks like you had a good morning at MK otherwise! Love the photos with the Country Bears!

That poor duck is about to get a rude awakening.
While it wasn't a walk-on like we've experienced in the past at rope drop, we moved constantly through the queue and were on our train at 9:10.
Interesting... would have been a walk on had they not made you wait!!!
BTMRR is my favorite of the mountains! I wish they would add an on-ride photo to it.
::yes:: Mine too and it makes no sense why they take a picture in Pirates, but not here!!
I love water rides and Mike hates getting wet when he isn't in a bathing suit. So we compromise and ride them anyway.
I can relate... I used to feel the same as Mike, but now pretty much every time I go to the parks I'm decked out in dry fit type materials that dry in no time, so I actually love them now! But I give him credit for being willing to "compromise." :rotfl:

:rotfl2:
These are just the cutest Ziplocs ever and I can't stop myself from taking some every time.
I saved mine and brought it home for something special. I haven't decided if anything will be special enough to put in there, so it will just sit in my pantry :lmao:

The plan for the ride photo was to be asleep. As you can see, one of us succeeded more than the other.
Sometimes failing is better than posing

:rotfl: :rotfl: Nope I get distracted too easily lol
:laughing:
If I hadn't been stunned into silence, I might have asked him that!
I get that. I'm sure I probably would've been the same. I mean... it's so unexpected.
Right. My brain couldn't even process what was happening.
I'm not surprised. I'd be the same.
I don't really use it much either, only when we're in Disney really. I'm not 100% on who at WDW is monitoring it but I know that the cast compliments you tweet to it get to the CMs and when I tweeted them with the situation, they messaged me very quickly and the GM of Caribbean Beach called me!
OH!!!
What did he say?
(Maybe you answered that in your next update. haven't gotten there yet.)

The way they did rope drop this morning was strange and we would've been better off going through Liberty Square.

The CMs walked us all the way back to Splash Mountain and then held us there.
I don't think I've rope dropped in that direction, so can't say if that's new or not.
they said we had to wait for the other path to catch up.
Ugh. "No! Let us through! We were smart enough to come this way."
Probably. Disney ducks are notorious for being mischievous.
That's not bad. Stopping for an hour +... that's bad.
Kinda makes you wonder why not. every other one has one.
We got a nice view of the Liberty Belle from the ride which (spoiler alert!), we still haven't ever been on.
Great! Now this TR is completely ruined!
I wanted to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, so we did the completely logical thing and walked in circles.
Of course! :laughing:
There was a photopass photographer in front and a relatively new magic shot with Splash Mountain so I was excited to stop.

Our picture showed up without magic though. 🤷‍♀️
well, that's not right. Still... nice shot. :)
:lmao:
This might be my favorite part of the ride! It's so bright and cheerful and I just love it.
::yes:: Agreed! The drop gets all the attention, but... that part's great. :)
:laughing: The lesser known "screaming sleep".
This pin is gorgeous and giant
That thing's huge!
And you can see my failed attempt to hide my Diet Coke can:rotfl:.
:laughing:

Late but here and following! :flower1:

I can't believe that manager responded that way! Having worked in customer service most of my life I try to usually cut grumpy employees some slack, but that is straight up rude.

It sounds like you guys were able to recover quickly though, and get on with a great start to your MK day!

Despite the odd rope-drop procedure, it sounds like your morning was off to a good start!

I don't know that I've ever seen those bags at Splash Mountain - I'll have to look for them and perhaps take a few for myself! :thumbsup2

It was very odd but still a fun morning!

I know they're fairly new, I'm not sure when they started though cause my life is a blur :rotfl: . I definitely recommend taking some!

BTMRR is a wonderful way to start a MK morning. And doing it back to back is even better!

That Lion King pin!!! I missed that one while I was there. I got the Scar one and saw the other two in the set, but I don't think I discovered that one. It looks awesome.

I agree! It's my favorite of the mountains so my favorite way to start the day!

All of the Lion King pins were so cute- it was hard to resist buying them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!