Thrifty Car Rental reviews

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
We are going to Phoenix in September. Thrifty is about $200 less than anyone else. However, the reviews for Thrifty are not great. Any comments?

Thrifty is part of the Dollar Group

Take these reviews with " A pinch of salt " usually posted by disgruntled people

I rented from Thrifty for the first time this May at MCO. Did Blue Chip so I could skip the line. Other than a small hiccup about adding a free second driver with AAA that was resolved quickly in the garage, I had no problems, no extra fees. I got a great rate. I would rent again from Thrifty anytime.

We were hesitant to rent from Thrifty at MCO this past April due to the reviews. However, we were pleased. Great rates, got to choose our car and no lines or waiting at the counter. I would rent from them again.

Used sister company Dollar in San Diego.

The line was over an hour to get to the rental counter, no kiosk like the other airlines. 2 clerks were working.
Rented a midsize, the only midsize car available had a flat tire. Went back in and was told to take a full size. Chose a very nice Camry.
Watch the billing. My rental was $27 for 24 hours. When I left the counter I saw they tacked on insurance without asking, the new receipt was $39. I then exited the lot and the new receipt had jumped up to $47 with even more insurance. Upon return I asked the check in clerk why my bill increased twice-he said "they do it all the time to people who don't check their receipts" and took the extra fees off within about 5 seconds.

I wouldn't say I won't rent with them again, but would be very wary. I prefer to use National or Alamo.

I almost exclusively use Thrifty/Dollar and have never had an issue in over 15 years. Hertz on the other hand I had issues both times I used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts