Three Sisters Do Flower and Garden on DxDDP

tortoni

DIS Veteran
Having enjoyed and learned some good restaurant tips from so many wonderful trip reports here, I thought I would give share some thoughts and pics from our recent trip in early May. This was a relatively last-minute trip to see the Flower and Garden Festival. I used some DVC points to stay at Old Key West, which was lovely and relaxing. We spent two days at the parks and many hours eating! As I arrived earlier in the day than my two sisters, I stopped at DS to see what was new...and use the first snack credit.

IMG_0506.jpg IMG_0504.jpg

Last edited:
The cookie was from Cooke's of Dublin and was huge and delicious. Also snapped a few photos of the new restaurants in DS: The Edison, Enzo's and Maria's. We later ate at 2 of those so more to come.

IMG_0512.jpg IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

Last edited:
There is also a side restaurant to Maria and Enzo for take-out that had very nice-looking sandwiches, pizza and desserts. We had lunch at Homecomin Kitchen planned, so I just looked and did not try anything.

IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0510.jpg IMG_0511.jpg

Last edited:
sorry for the fuzzy photos but the glass had some condensation

Last edited:

When my sisters arrived, we headed to our first stop, Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' Kitchen. I am happy to report that this restaurant was as excellent as my earlier visits there. I love the decor and the food. We just got an Art Smith restaurant in NYC in Grand Central Station. Last night on the way home, I saw Art at the cash register!! I had to stop by and tell him how much I love his Florida restaurant and that I will be a visitor to Art Bird in Grand Central. Especially for this, luscious Hummingbird cake, dessert first of course:

IMG_0530.jpg

Last edited:
Now on the deluxe plan you get a huge amount of food. Having been at Homecomin' before, I thought we should have shared some credits here because of the size of the portions. However, it being our first meal, we each decided to order a meal. Big mistake!! so much food! We started with Fried Green tomatoes that was like a salad with some delish ham on top. Also had ham and pimento sliders and fried chicken sliders. These were the appetizers!

View attachment 333917 IMG_0523.jpg

Last edited:
Here are more pics of our appetizers, along with my orange slush style drink. Don't recall what was in the drink but it was so good!

IMG_0521.jpg

Last edited:

Now we did not finish all these appetizers--well maybe we finished the fried green tomatoes. But we still had 3 entrees coming! So, then our lovely waitress (who warned us that we had ordered way too much food) brought over our mains- fried chicken, pulled pork and short rib. All three were excellent and I can't decide which was best, although the fried chicken was particularly tasty. This is the short rib which came with a succotash and i think was over a carrot mash.

IMG_0526.jpg

Last edited:
And here is the lovely fried chicken with mash. I only had a few bites but loved it.

IMG_0525.jpg

Last edited:
Completely full from this array of wonderful food, we opted to split the Hummingbird cake with coffee. We took home the donuts and chocolate cake for a snack later. Of course, the donuts made for a very nice pre-breakfast the next morning. Did not snap pictures of those, sorry. But here are additional shots of the Hummingbird cake & entrees.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Last edited:
After spending time at Disney Springs and settling in at Old Key West it was time to eat again. Upon arriving in the am, I had scoped out The Edison and took some pictures. The decor is interesting and I can see how some of it is Edison related. Overall, I liked the decor and especially the backlighting behind the bars. Here are some pre-food pics:

IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0516.jpg

Last edited:
I was a little hesitant to go to the Edison this trip because my husband was not along and he has been waiting anxiously for the opening. I'm glad I went with my sisters to test it on a Friday evening, but don't think my husband would like the evening vibe and the table shifting....More to come on that, but first the food. We started with 3 apps, bacon strips, calamari and deviled eggs. No standout here although the presentation was very nice.

IMG_0543.jpg IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Last edited:
I don't recall the pricing on the apps but remember that we thought they were expensive. On the DxDDP, you are not looking at the prices! We also each had a drink, and these were very tasty, but on the pricy side as well.

IMG_0542.jpg

Last edited:
We had been seated in the downstairs dining room near the bar and the bottom of the stairs. This started off just fine and we felt we had a nice view of the whole dining area. As we began eating our appetizers, the lights started dimming. This continued into our main courses and by dessert we were in dim blue lights. Now, I like to see what i am eating, so I wasn't crazy about this, but I went with it until the dining room began turning into a dance floor while we were still eating! For our mains we had steak and prime rib. Both were very good, and we would order again.

IMG_0547.jpg IMG_0548.jpg

Last edited:
As we were eating, every time a table finished dinner and left, the table and chairs were removed from the dining room. Obviously, not great for our dining enjoyment! By the time we got to dessert, there were only a few tables left in the middle of the room and those diners were asked to get up while their tables were moved closer to where we were sitting. We ultimately had a front row seat to the entertainment. Dancers were very good, but the band was just okay. I would not choose to dine at night again as I did not like the table and lighting shift. But we were on the dining plan, so we ordered dessert. Dessert looked okay, but we only had a bite or two because these looked better than they tasted. We had the sundae (too much going on here), cobbler and brulee.

IMG_0551.jpg

Last edited:
Our first full day would be the Flower and Garden Festival with lunch at Via Napoli. Stopped through the lovely Beach Club on the way and took a look at the construction for the new gondolas.IMG_0554.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts