Three of Three: Three Magical Day Trips with Mom to "The Happiest Place on Earth" Complete

disneywlf

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! My name is Wolf and I am a 26-year old male living in Delray Beach, FL with my Mother for about two years (formerly Westbury, NY). I am a Sociology Major and I am studying to likely go into nursing by taking post-baccalaureate classes at Florida Atlantic University in Boca and over the last Summer, I also started a side business, specializing in doing online shopping for people in order to help them by using tricks in order to get them the best products at the best price. My interests include spending time with my family (including our five Affenpinschers (or “Monkey-like” terriers in German) and friends, travel (including WDW of course!), swimming, classic rock, automobiles, history, and politics. Since we moved to Florida from New York back in December 2016, I have been to Walt Disney World three times for day trips with my Mother in November 2017 to Epcot as well as December 2017 and February 2018 to the Magic Kingdom. After that, I also went once during my Spring Break in March 2018 for a weekend and visited Epcot and the Magic Kingdom twice. While some time has passed since those trips, I did not have a chance to write trip reports as promptly due to being busy with school as well as my new business. Since I have a little time, I will gladly write a trip report documenting the three one day trips I took with my Mom and I will do another trip report documenting my solo trip in March 2018. Here is a beautiful picture of us!
IMG_4852.JPG

Wolf:

-Favorite Character: Tough call, but I am going to go with Mickey Mouse

-Favorite Movie: Tie between “Aladdin” and “Beauty and the Beast”

-Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

-Favorite Attractions: Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo, Mickey’s Phillarmagic, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, and Soarin’ to name a few! :D

And I could not do this trip report without introducing my lucky and amazing Mother, My Mother, Paulette! <3 :D :

I am very lucky to have my Mother! She is very loving, kind, and has been an amazing friend to me! She loves spending time with our pets, shopping, and working out. Mom used to be an English teacher before I was born, but after having me, she became a homemaker and a full-time Mom. She raised me mainly as a single parent, since my Father was not involved in my life as much after I was four and I think she did a darn fantastic job! Mom loves Disney, but due to health issues back in 2012, her trip in November 2017 marked the first time she went back as she did not feel up to joining me on my trips in January 2014 and January 2016,despite my inviting her. I love my Mom and as she says, she is “the luckiest Mommy!”
-Mom’s Favorite Character: Minnie Mouse

-Mom’s Favorite Movie: “Cinderella”

-Mom’s Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

-Mom’s Favorite Attractions: Pirates of the Caribbean, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Soarin,’ Mission Space, Spaceship Earth

Epcot, Thursday, November 16th, 2017 Part 1:
*Preparing for the trip:
Since we had been living in Florida for just under a year at this time, we both knew that we wanted to go to Disney World since now that we were living in Delray Beach, we were just under three hours away from the magic! With my Mom’s birthday coming up, we agreed that a day at Disney World would be an awesome way to celebrate her special day. While we never minded doing longer trips, the fact that we are within driving distance from Disney World and Mom not wanting to leave the dogs for too long, a day trip made perfect sense for us. Next was to choose the park we wanted to visit. While I love all of the parks and Mom is especially fond of the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, we decided on Epcot as we figured that on this trip, we could see a few more attractions in the amount of time we needed to. Also, she wanted to go to Disney Springs, as she was hoping to get take-out sushi from Morimoto as she loves sushi and they got the best reviews. Next, we needed to choose the day. Since my class schedule had me scheduled for classes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, we decided that the Thursday before Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 16th, 2017, would be the best day for us.
With the date decided, since Mom did not know if we were definitely going, even though we were leaning toward yes, I did not buy tickets until the night before. Since we decided our trip was a go, I bought two Florida Resident tickets for the day as a Birthday present for her. With the tickets purchased, I then selected our Fastpass +s. Working together with Mom, I chose The Epcot Character Spot for 11:00AM-12:00PM, Spaceship Earth for 1:00PM-2:00PM, and Soarin’ for 3:00PM-4:00PM. Now that all our FP+s were chosen, all I had to do was pack. Since this would not be a long trip, I packed a drawstring bag with a couple of Mickey Mouse ponchos, tissues, my sunglasses, and my reading glasses for driving at night. While I like taking my digital camera, I decided not to take it because my iPhone 7 Plus takes amazing pictures and for this short of a trip, I could not justify having to worry about another item. I plugged in my phone to charge and went to sleep at a little before Midnight the night before our trip and I could not be more excited!

*Day of Trip:
I awakened at about 6:30AM, first unplugging my iPhone and then getting ready by brushing my teeth, washing my face, and taking a shower. My Mother then began to get ready as well. By about 7:30AM, I was already eating a breakfast of bread with melted cheese, orange juice, coffee with milk and two Splendas, and a banana. A little bit later, we continued to get ready and before we were about to leave, we fed our dogs and got the house ready for them. We were supposed to leave at about 8:15AM, but since getting ready took a bit longer than expected, we left closer to 8:45AM.
At about 8:45AM, we got in our 2016 Subaru Legacy 3.6R and began the roughly 180-mile drive from Delray Beach to Disney. Due to the long distance of the drive, we shared driving with Mom starting off. We left our development, first turning right onto Atlantic Avenue (FL-806) westbound. About half a mile after we turned onto Atlantic Avenue, we found ourselves at the entrance to the Florida’s Turnpike (FL-91) northbound towards Orlando. Traffic moved smoothly as we passed through the rest of Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, and the southern portion of West Palm Beach. However, from Exit 97: US-98/FL-80 (Southern Blvd): Fairgrounds, Airport to a point slightly north of Exit 99: FL-704 (Okeechobee Blvd), traffic slowed from about 70 miles-per-hour to about 55 miles-per-hour. Nevertheless, we made good time and after passing through Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter in Northern Palm Beach County, we had already crossed into Martin County by 9:30AM! We continued driving northbound through Martin County and then St. Lucie County, where we then stopped at the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza as we wanted to get coffees from Dunkin' Donuts, use the restrooms, and switch drivers as I would do as much driving as I could in order to make good time! After doing what we needed to do at the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza, we started driving again, passing through vast swaths of uncharted and farmland in Indian River County, Okeechobee County, Indian River County again, and the southern portion of Osceola County. Mom even took this selfie as I was driving.
1117momselfie.jpg
After reaching the more northern portion of Osceola County by about 11:20AM, we then found ourselves at Exit 249: Osceola Parkway (Osceola County Road 522): Walt Disney World. Once on the Osceola Parkway, we continued to drive westbound, passing through the myriad of shopping centers and residential developments that line the highway throughout this portion of Kissimmee. However, because I did not use the restroom at the last service plaza on the Turnpike before our exit, I had to go badly and as a result, after getting onto FL-535: US-192 Resort Area, Poinciana, Horse World Stables, Green Meadows Farm, Southport Park/Airboat Rides, we stopped at a nearby Publix to use the restroom and afterwards, I felt much better! With the time nearing 12:00PM, I continued the remainder of the drive north on FL-535 to FL-536 (World Center Drive) to FL-417 north/Interstate 4/International Drive-Disney World, Airport, Sea World, Convention Center.

After exiting onto FL-536 (World Center Drive), we then continued the drive west, passing I-4 and then crossing through the Walt Disney World Welcome sign, making us feel like we died and went to heaven. The road then became Epcot Center Drive and we then followed the signs for Epcot. A few minutes later, we were at the toll both. Since my Mother was wearing a Disney World Birthday pin from one of our previous trips, the very kind CM at the tollbooth directed us to the Premium Parking lot as Epcot was not crowded that day and as a nice touch of Disney magic, he did not charge us for parking, which was fantastic! We then parked our Subaru, gathered our belongings, and got onboard the tram. About a few minutes later, we arrived near the main entrance of Epcot, where we cleared security, which was smooth and then entered Epcot. The weather was gorgeous, with the high temperature being close to 80 degrees and the skies being mostly clear.

Due to our late start, we missed our FP+ at the Character Spot, so we went ahead and made our way to Spaceship Earth. We did not wait too long and while we were waiting, I had the pleasure of chatting with Maureen, a CM from Albany, NY and we chatted about New York, as I used to be from there and she even gave a Mickey Mouse sticker to this fellow ex-New Yorker. Anyway, we were on Spaceship Earth about ten minutes later and onboard, we passed through time all the way from cavemen at the beginning of time to the invention of the personal computer by Steve Jobs. We always enjoy this classic thanks to the excellent audio-animatronics, the narration by Dame Judy Dench, and the relaxing feel of the ride.
spaceshipearth1117.jpg
With our next FP+ at Soarin’ not until 3:00PM, there was plenty of time to enjoy other attractions and check out the World Showcase. Next, we went to Mission Space: Green, which is another attraction that we love thanks to its theming and exhilarating feel!
missionspace1117.jpg
After riding Mission Space, we both felt hungry and since I had wanted to go to La Cantina de San Angel thanks to its good reviews, we began to make our way to World Showcase. Since Mom does not really eat out that much due to food allergies, restrictions, and keeping kosher somewhat, she brought her own lunch from home. We first passed the fountain near Innoventions and as we neared the World Showcase, we then saw this grand and gorgeous Christmas tree!
epcotxmas1117.jpg
Next, we passed a booth for the Food & Wine Festival and took a couple of pictures in front of it. What can we say? We are fresh from Florida haha!
epcot1117fandwmom.jpg epcotfandw1117.jpg
Across the lagoon, we got a killer view of the rest of World Showcase!
epcotlagoon1117.jpg
We then turned to the left to go clockwise around World Showcase Lagoon and we were approaching the Mexico Pavilion! :D
epcotmexico1117.jpg
It was very crowded that day, with all of the seats at La Cantina de San Angel being taken. Thankfully, Mom found a very nice bench so we decided to sit there. With a seating place found, I then went to the counter, where friendly and efficient CMs assisted me. Since I was very hungry, I ordered Pollo Cascabel with no cheese, as since I keep somewhat kosher, I do not mix meat and milk together and while it was not listed on the menu as they are normally served with a few, one Taco de Pollo, and a Diet Coke. I received my order about ten minutes later and I was very pleased, as the food was excellent and there was a good amount of it. Even my Mom, who does not really eat Mexican food, said it looked and smelled good! Also, I must add that I forgot to take a picture of the food, so my apologies in advance. I first tucked into the Pollo Cascabel, which made for a delicious and hearty dish thanks to its tender and slightly spicy grilled chicken, fluffy and slightly salty rice, corn that was sweet, peppery and slightly Cascabel sauce, and pickled onions that added sweetness as well as a slight bite. I then enjoyed the Taco de Pollo, which while a little on the small side, was excellent thanks to its soft, earthy, and well cooked corn tortilla, juicy chicken, and peppery and spicy red salsa. Happily filled from my fantastic lunch, we continued to explore the Mexico Pavilion. We would have stopped in Norway to ride Frozen Ever After, but due to long wait times, we passed. However, we did stop in China. In China, we marveled at the architecture of the pavilion and the ancient architects. However, Mom had her eye on buying a souvenir, so we entered Good Fortune Gifts. We had not really been there before, but Mom was amazed and she loved looking at all of the items, especially the stuffed animals and parasols. The CMs were also awesome, as they were very welcoming and we enjoyed chatting
with them about life in China, America, and even our President Trump caps, which they complimented :) . Anyway, after looking for quite sometime, we ended up buying a stuffed monkey, as well as a small plush of two pandas embracing each other. After China, our next stop was Germany, which is one of my favorite pavilions thanks to its theming that makes you feel like you are in Germany as opposed to Central Florida as well its shops and lovely CMs.
epcot1117germany.jpg
While in Germany, we visited all of the shops and while Mom loved seeing everything, there was nothing that caught her eye that day. What adventures will await for the rest of our day? Find out in my next installment! :D

Last edited:
Epcot, Thursday, November 16th, 2017 Part 2:
Our next stop was the Japan, which never disappoints thanks to its beauty and authenticity. We wanted to check out Mitsukoshi, which makes for fantastic retail therapy with its copious selection of unique souvenirs.
epcotmitsukoshi1117.jpg
Inside, we were in heaven thanks to the many souvenirs abounding the store as well as the air conditioning, which provided a welcome break from the heat. As we walked in, this display of Pokémon caught my eye.
epcotjapan21117.jpg
We loved our retail therapy at Mitsukoshi and checked out pretty much the whole store! Since 3:00PM was nearing, we then decided to make our way to The Land pavilion to ride Soarin’. On our way out, we caught a glimpse of the Matsuriza Taiko drummers performing.
epcotjapan31117.jpg
A little bit later, we arrived at The Land. After entering, we went downstairs and lined up for Soarin’, waiting about only ten minutes until we boarded. This was our first time riding the new version of Soarin’, as before, it went over California where as this version flew over various world locations. While we loved the old version of Soarin’, we liked this version a little better as while it is a mild ride, it felt exhilarating to feel like we were flying over various world locations, like the Matterhorn in Switzerland, the Great Wall of China, Sydney Harbour, the Eiffel Tower, The Grand Canyon, and of course, Epcot. Since we did pretty much everything we wanted to do, we contemplated if we would still be going to Disney Springs, as we would get an early birthday dinner of sushi from the take-out portion of Morimoto as well as some gluten and egg-free sweet treats from Erin McKenna NYC. Since we both agreed that we did not want to leave the dogs for much longer, we decided to make our way back to our car and get sushi over the weekend from Masamune in Deerfield Beach, our favorite Japanese restaurant! All in all, we had an amazing day at Epcot and we were looking forward to returning to WDW again many more times! After exiting Epcot, we got the tram back to the parking lot. Once there, we then got in our Subaru Legacy 3.6R, starting the drive home at about 3:45PM. I started the drive, exiting Walt Disney World via Epcot Center Drive eastbound to Interstate 4, FL-536, and US-192. After crossing over I-4, Epcot Center Drive become FL-536 (World Center Drive eastbound) and we followed it about three miles east to FL-535: Kissimmee, Orlando. Once we exited onto FL-535 southbound, we then got the Osceola Parkway (Osceola County Road 522), passing through Kissimmee and getting the Florida’s Turnpike (FL-91) southbound towards Miami. Our ride down the Turnpike was going smoothly as we headed south through the remainder of Osceola County and then Indian River County. By the time we passed through the first portion of Indian River County, the sun was already setting and soon enough, we were in Okeechobee County. Continuing to drive quickly thanks to little traffic, we were in the second portion of Indian River County under the clear night sky. By about 5:30PM, we were already through St. Lucie County and needing to stop to use the restroom as well as switch drivers, we pulled off of the Turnpike at the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza. As we went inside to use the restrooms, we got a last little dose of Disney magic!
portstlucieserviceplaza1117.jpg
A few minutes later, we reentered the Turnpike southbound and Mom took over to continue our drive. Since Mom was in the mood, I turned on music from my iPhone 7 Plus via our car’s Bluetooth and we listened to Billy Joel and The Clash as we continued driving through the remainder of St. Lucie County, Martin County, and finally, Palm Beach County. By about 6:45PM, we were getting closer to home as we were nearing our exit, Exit 81: FL-806 (Atlantic Avenue).
homefromwdw1117.jpg
We then exited the Turnpike and turned left to head east on Atlantic Avenue (FL-806). After that, we turned left onto Hagen Ranch Road followed by a left turn into our development. We arrived home a few minutes later, happy to see our dogs! All in all, we had an amazing time at Epcot and we were looking forward to our next magical trip at Walt Disney World!

Magic Kingdom Thursday, December 14th, 2017:
*Preparing for the trip:

After an epic time at Epcot and wanting to go to Walt Disney World again, we decided that we both wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom. Since I would have a break from school until early January 2018, we agreed that sometime before Christmas would be perfect to go to the Magic Kingdom, as the crowds would be minimal. It was the night of Wednesday; December 13th, 2018 that we decided that the next day would be the perfect day to visit the Magic Kingdom. With that in mind, I went ahead and purchased our tickets, which my Mother bought for me as a Hanukkah present and selected our FP+’s which included Peter Pan’s Flight from 12:30PM-1:30PM, Dumbo from 1:45PM-2:45PM, and The Haunted Mansion from 2:45PM-3:45PM. I then went to bed around Midnight, excited for the day ahead!

*Day of Trip:

I awakened at about 6:30AM and got ready in the usual way by brushing my teeth, washing my face, and taking a shower. My Mother then began to get ready as well. By about 7:30AM, I was already eating a breakfast of bread with melted cheese, orange juice, coffee with milk and two Splendas, and a banana. A little bit later, we continued to get ready and before we were about to leave, we fed our dogs and got the house ready for them. Unlike the last time, we left pretty much on schedule at 9:00AM. We began the roughly 180-mile drive from Delray Beach to Disney. Once again, due distance of the drive, we shared driving with Mom starting off. We left our development, first turning right onto Atlantic Avenue (FL-806) westbound. About half a mile after we turned onto Atlantic Avenue, we found ourselves at the entrance to the Florida’s Turnpike (FL-91) northbound towards Orlando. Traffic moved smoothly as we passed through the rest of Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Jupiter in Palm Beach County. We continued to breeze down the Turnpike as we then passed through Martin County and St. Lucie County. About an hour after we began our drive, we stopped at the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza, where we used the restroom and purchased coffees from Dunkin’ Donuts. We then switched drivers and continued to breeze up the Turnpike, passing through Indian River County, Okeechobee County, Indian River County again, and the southern portion of Osceola County until we reached the Canoe Creek Service Plaza, where we stopped to use the restroom. After resuming our drive, we passed through St. Cloud and some of Kissimmee until we reached Exit 249: Osceola Parkway (Osceola County Road 522): Walt Disney World. We took the Osceola Parkway west past the many shopping centers to FL-535 northbound and then got FL-536 (World Center Drive) to FL-417 north/Interstate 4/International Drive-Disney World, Airport, Sea World, and Convention Center. After heading west on FL-536 (World Center Drive) and crossing over I-4, we passed through “the gates of heaven” aka Walt Disney World Welcome sign and the road became Epcot Center Drive. We continued west on Epcot Center Drive, following the signs for the Magic Kingdom and then got World Drive northbound. After following World Drive northbound, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom tollbooth, where a perky female CM from New Jersey took care of our payment to park our car. Once we paid to park, more CMs directed us to the Villains Lot, where we parked our Subaru Legacy 3.6R. While taking the tram would have been fine, Mom did not mind walking to the TTC, so we walked and being that the weather was gorgeous, with temperatures in the high 70s, it was beautiful! Before boarding the monorail, we stopped at one of the ticket windows, where a very nice female CM from Brooklyn, NY activated our Florida Resident One Day Tickets, as they were will-call tickets. As she was doing that, we had a nice time conversing about New York, as we used to be from Nassau County on Long Island and we both knew Brooklyn well. With our tickets activated, we boarded the Express Monorail and we were excited!
IMG_6453.JPG
Less than ten minutes later, we found ourselves inside of the Magic Kingdom, greeted by this gorgeous Christmas tree!
IMG_4842.jpg
This marks the third time we have been here with the Christmas decorations up, as we had been here Thanksgiving 2007, early January 2012, and now, December 2017. If the Walt Disney World isn’t magical enough, seeing all of the decorations, particularly here in the Magic Kingdom, take it to another level with the garlands, wreaths, toy soldiers, and more!
IMG_4843.jpg
Since we had a FP+ for Peter Pan’s Flight, we hotfooted it to Fantasyland, taking in all of the gorgeous sights along the way.
IMG_4846.jpg
Less than five minutes after we arrived at Peter Pan’s Flight, we were onboard a flying pirate ship soaring over Neverland! While this may be a simple attraction to some, we absolutely love it as it makes us feel nostalgic and it is just a well-done attraction! Since our next FP+ was at Dumbo, we then decided to check out “New Fantasyland,” which would be new to my Mother as when she was last at the Magic Kingdom in January 2012, it was still being constructed. We first passed the Beast’s Castle and Mom was very impressed, as she felt the theming was very immersive and really made you feel like you were in the "Beauty and the Beast" universe!
IMG_4847.jpg
While Mom once again brought her own food, she was still curious to see the inside of the Beast’s Castle, so I asked one of the very helpful CMs outside if there was availability as a walk-in for lunch? The male CM who assisted us was very kind, but sadly, there was no availability for walk-ins that day. Not fussed, we continued on, checking out Belle’s Village and again, we both felt like we were in the “Beauty and the Beast” universe!
IMG_4848.jpg
We then passed Under the Sea-Journey of The Little Mermaid, which interested us both. Sadly, the line was much longer than usual, so we passed and made our way to Storybook Circus, where we would soar on a lovable flying pachyderm! After a wonderful flight on Dumbo, we both felt hungry, so we agreed that Columbia Harbour House would be a good option thanks to its good fare and proximity to our next FP+ at The Haunted Mansion, so we made our way to Liberty Square. By about 2:00PM, we arrived at Columbia Harbour House. Mom scoped a table outside and I went inside, ready to place my order. While I was waiting, Porsche, a very sweet older CM from Las Vegas was offering samples of Go Go Squeeze Applesauce. I graciously accepted, putting it away for later and we talked a bit about Las Vegas, as I had been there a few times when I was a kid and hope to return when I can. When it was my turn to order, Jenny, a friendly and efficient CM from Valley Stream, NY, assisted me. Since I informed her of my allergies to all grains except for corn and rice and eggs, she also had the Manager with her help us and with his help, I decided on the Salmon, subbing French Fries for Cous-Cous along with a Diet Coke to drink. While I was waiting for my food, I even had the pleasure of conversing about Long Island for a bit with Jenny, as the town where I used to live is about 25-minutes northeast of Valley Stream, NY. About fifteen minutes after I ordered, I received my meal and it looked very impressive! Not only did it look impressive, it tasted even better, as the salmon was moist, flaky, and had a pleasantly acidic flavor thanks to the red-vinegar based marinade it was cooked in. I also enjoyed the sides, including the well-cooked and mild green beans as well as the crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside French fries.

IMG_6470.JPG Mom also remarked how fantastic my lunch looked! Due to the fact that our FP+ for The Haunted Mansion was nearing, that was where we went next. This is one of our favorite attractions and we thoroughly enjoyed being among the 999 “Happy Haunts!” Since we were planning to end our day, as we needed to get home to our dogs, we decided to do a couple of more attractions. Our next-to-last attraction would be The Enchanted Tiki Room.
IMG_4849.JPG
IMG_4850.jpg
We loved hearing all of the tiki-birds, tikis, and flowers sing all of the classics of this attraction. In fact, when my Mother craves this attraction, she sings “The tiki, tiki, tiki room” all of the time! After being serenaded, we walked onto The Magic Carpets of Aladdin” and soared to Agrabah, making that our final attraction for the day.
IMG_4853.jpg
Before we left, we stopped at The Emporium, where we looked at all of the souvenirs. We did not really have anything in mind, but I bought a t-shirt with Mickey holding large glasses in a nerdy fashion and I bought Mom a Minnie head keychain, as that was all she wanted. At about 3:30PM, we left the Magic Kingdom, happy and elated from our magical day! After taking the Express Monorail back to the TTC and walking back to our car, we then got ready to head back to Delray Beach, but not without stopping at the Speedway gas station on Car Care Center Drive, as my Subaru was only on ¼ of a tank of gas. As always, getting gas at WDW worked beautifully, as it was convenient and cheap! With a full tank, it was now 4:05PM and I started the drive, heading on World Drive southbound to Epcot Center Drive eastbound to Interstate 4, FL-536, and US-192. After crossing over I-4, Epcot Center Drive become FL-536 (World Center Drive eastbound) and we followed it about three miles east to FL-535: Kissimmee, Orlando. Once we exited onto FL-535 southbound, we then got the Osceola Parkway (Osceola County Road 522), passing through Kissimmee. Unfortunately, traffic along the Osceola was heavier than usual and because of this, it took us about half-an-hour to reach the Florida’s Turnpike (FL-91). Once at the interchange for the Turnpike, we headed south towards Miami and it was a smooth sailing as we drove through the rest of Osceola County, Indian River County, and Okeechobee County until we reached the Fort Drum Service Plaza, where we stopped to use the restroom and switch drivers. This worked to my advantage, as while my Mom ate her dinner that she packed during the first portion of our drive, I was able to eat my dinner while she drove. Since Mom felt up to it, she ended up completing the remainder of our drive, passing through Indian River County again, St. Lucie County, Martin County, and finally, Palm Beach County, until we hit Exit 81: FL-806 (Atlantic Avenue). At about 7:30PM, we arrived home, happy to see our dogs! All in all, it was another magical day and we would look forward to returning to the Magic Kingdom again!

Magic Kingdom Tuesday, February 27th, 2018:
*Preparing for Trip:

After having an amazing time at the Magic Kingdom back in December, we decided that one day, we wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom again. Since this trip would be during my semester, I had to find a day available to go. Since I only had off on Tuesdays during my Spring 2018 Semester, we opted for Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 as that day worked best for both of us. What was also weird about the timing of this trip was that I already had booked my solo weekend trip to Disney World over my Spring Break, which was a Hanukkah present to myself with another gift that I received. Due to the close timing and the fact that I would be using four theme park days before June 2018, I purchased a Four Day Discover Disney Florida Ticket for $179, which was an excellent deal and would enable me to use three park days on my trip and one for my trip with Mom. For our FP+’s, we opted to go on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin from 12:30PM-1:30PM, Dumbo from 1:40PM-2:40PM, and The Haunted Mansion from 2:45PM-3:45PM. I could not believe I would be at Disney twice within a short period of time and I was ready to take advantage and have a magical time!

*Day of Trip:
I awakened at about 6:30AM and got ready in the usual way by brushing my teeth, washing my face, and taking a shower. My Mother then began to get ready as well. By about 7:30AM, I was already eating a breakfast of bread with melted cheese, orange juice, coffee with milk and two Splendas, and a banana. Since we were not going to have as much time in the park today, we decided to both brown bag lunch and I made myself a lunch of Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese on gluten-free bread to take on the road. A little bit later, we continued to get ready and before we were about to leave, we fed our dogs and got the house ready for them. At about 9:15AM, we left our home and I began the drive to Disney World in our Subaru Legacy 3.6R. We left our development, first turning right onto Atlantic Avenue (FL-806) westbound. About half a mile after we turned onto Atlantic Avenue, we found ourselves at the entrance to the Florida’s Turnpike (FL-91) northbound towards Orlando. Traffic moved smoothly as we passed through the rest of Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, and Jupiter in Palm Beach County. We continued to breeze down the Turnpike as we then passed through Martin County and St. Lucie County. About an hour after we began our drive, we stopped at the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza, where we used the restroom and purchased coffees from Dunkin’ Donuts. Since I was feeling up to it and Mom was fine with it, I continued the drive and we passed through Indian River County, Okeechobee County, Indian River County again, and the southern portion of Osceola County until we reached the Canoe Creek Service Plaza, where we stopped to use the restroom and switch drivers. Since Mom had eaten her lunch during the portion of our drive from the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce Service Plaza to the Canoe Creek Service Plaza, when she took over the drive, I ate my sandwich of Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese on gluten-free bread while she drove. We resumed our drive and passed through St. Cloud and some of Kissimmee until we reached Exit 249: Osceola Parkway (Osceola County Road 522): Walt Disney World. We took the Osceola Parkway west past the many shopping centers to FL-535 northbound and then got FL-536 (World Center Drive) to FL-417 north/Interstate 4/International Drive-Disney World, Airport, Sea World, and Convention Center. After heading west on FL-536 (World Center Drive) and crossing over I-4, we passed through “the gates of heaven” aka Walt Disney World Welcome sign and the road became Epcot Center Drive. We continued west on Epcot Center Drive, following the signs for the Magic Kingdom and then got World Drive northbound. After following World Drive northbound, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom tollbooth and were on our way to park. After parking, we then made our way to the Ticket and Transportation Center to catch the Express Monorail to the Magic Kingdom! :D
IMG_6900.jpg
After a pleasant ride on the monorail, we made a quick stop at the ticket window, where a friendly and efficient CM activated my Magic Band with my Discover Disney Ticket. With that out of the way, we found ourselves entering the Magic Kingdom at about 12:40PM, excited for what would await on this gorgeous day!
IMG_6916.jpg
Since we had time until our FP+ at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and we both wanted to see it, we decided to head to the Hall of Presidents, as we both had not seen the latest version with President Trump and were excited, as we both support him! While Mom had not seen it, I also saw the version with President Obama and it was also excellent, so I was looking forward to the latest version of the Hall of Presidents. We arrived in time for the next showing and we were excited for what would await, as we are both history buffs! :D When the film came on, we were both very impressed, as it a fantastic job conveying the comprehensive footage of American history and while there is nothing like Morgan Freeman's amazing voice, we both agreed that the narration by Joy Vandervort-Cobb was excellent! Disney also did a solid job with President Trump's audio-animatronic, as while it did not look 100% perfect (more in the stature as opposed to the face that others have pointed out and no, President Obama does not look perfect either), it was amazing seeing his likeness on the stage and hearing him speak! Also, we were amazed at how on-point the President's hand-gestures were. All in all, we loved the Hall of Presidents and it is one of our favorite attractions! We then headed over to Tomorrowland, where we would ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin and save the galaxy from the evil Emperor Zurg. While we were hoping to become Space Rangers, I remember that we scored somewhere near 67,000 points, yielding us the status of Planetary Pilots. Since there was not much of wait, we decided to ride again but we did not do much better. Nevertheless, we had a lot of fun! :D After riding Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, we then headed over to Fantasyland, where we would ride Dumbo.
IMG_6924.jpg IMG_6928.jpg IMG_6929.jpg
We enjoyed walking around Fantasyland and soon enough, where we soared to the skies!:dumbo:
Due to the fact that our FP+ for The Haunted Mansion was nearing, that was where we went next. This is one of our favorite attractions and we thoroughly enjoyed being among the 999 “Happy Haunts!” :hmghost:

Since our time would be running out as we had to be home later that night, we ended off our day at The Enchanted Tiki Room and had a lovely time being serenaded! :D Since it was nearing 3:45PM, we decided to end our day at the Magic Kingdom, but not without getting a snack. I had planned to get a Pineapple Float at Aloha Isle, but since the line was unusually long, we passed. However, on our way out, we tried a new delicious option. That option was The Main Street Confectionary. When we walked in, we felt transported to the early 1900s with the bright colors, older-looking tile flooring, and the intoxicating smell of treats being prepared. While her name escapes me, we were assisted by a sweet female CM from Liberty University. Perusing the treats, I decided on a Chocolate-dipped Pineapple Skewer and two Chocolate Strawberries. Mom had wanted a Starbucks from the nearby Main Street Bakery, but just like Aloha Isle, the line was unusually long! Instead, she just got a Dasani to drink. With our snacks purchased, we then left the Magic Kingdom, happy to have had another magical day! :D After getting on the Express Monorail, I then sampled my snacks. I enjoyed the Chocolate-dipped Pineapple Skewer, with the sweet and sour pineapple enrobed in creamy milk chocolate as well as the sweet and tart strawberries, enrobed in sweet and creamy milk chocolate. All in all, these snacks were excellent and I would definitely go to the Main Street Confectionary again for these snacks if I were able to. When we got to our car, it was about 4:00PM. I agreed to start the drive, but I altered our route to the Florida's Turnpike southbound slightly, as I remembered that in the late-afternoon/early-evening, the Osceola Parkway (Osceola County Road 522) can get very congested! We left the TTC and headed southbound on World Drive, where we would getEpcot Center Drive eastbound to Interstate 4, FL-536, and US-192. After crossing over I-4, Epcot Center Drive become FL-536 (World Center Drive eastbound) and we followed it about three miles east to FL-417 (Central Florida Greenway)/International Drive-Orlando International Airport, Sea World, and Convention Center. I then followed FL-417 (Central Florida Greenway) north to Exit 12: Florida's Turnpike (FL-91) south towards Miami. We then got on the Turnpike southbound, amazed with how much time we saved by not using the Osceola Parkway at this time of day. It was a smooth sailing as we drove through the rest of Osceola County, Indian River County, and Okeechobee County until we reached the Fort Drum Service Plaza, where we stopped to use the restroom and switch drivers. The good luck continued as we continued driving through Indian River County again and St. Lucie County. Unfortunately, our good luck traffic-wise came to an end, as after Exit 142: Port St. Lucie (FL-716), an accident was causing traffic to come to a crawl south of that exit. Since I did not want to sit in traffic, I exited the Turnpike, following our navigation system's advice to route to Interstate 95 to continue the journey southbound. We followed the road, as FL-716 became SW Port St. Lucie Blvd and followed it south and west to SW Gatlin Blvd, where we turned right to head west. After following SW Gatlin Blvd past the many commercial developments lining the road, we entered I-95 southbound towards West Palm Beach and continued our journey, breezing through the rest of St. Lucie County and Martin County. By about 6:15PM, we had entered Palm Beach County and were nearing home, as we were passing through Jupiter. Since my car was now low on gas, I briefly exited I-95 at Exit 87A: FL-706 (Indiantown Road) east towards Jupiter and went to a nearby Shell station, where I filled up our car. With our car now on a full tank, I headed west on FL-706 (Indiantown Road) back to I-95 south towards West Palm Beach and continued our journey, passing through the cities of Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Riviera Beach, West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Lantana, Boynton Beach, and finally Delray Beach, where we left I-95 at Exit 52: FL-806 (Atlantic Avenue). After exiting I-95 onto FL-806 (Atlantic Avenue), we headed west to Hagen Ranch Road and turned left into our development, arriving home about ten minutes later and about two hours and fifty-five minutes after leaving WDW, as the time was now 6:55PM. All in all, we had a magical time at Walt Disney World and while we do not know when we will return again as our lives have been crazy as of late, we are hoping to go back sooner rather than later. Thank you again for joining us on our magical journey! :D

Sounds like a couple of really fun days spent at Epcot and Magic Kingdom! I love visiting during the Christmas season--nobody decorates like Disney!

Sounds like a couple of really fun days spent at Epcot and Magic Kingdom! I love visiting during the Christmas season--nobody decorates like Disney!
I cannot agree more @missjackiemcg! :D We had an amazing time and we cannot wait to return! :mickeyjum I absolutely agree visiting during the Christmas season is amazing and it is so true, nobody decorates like Disney! :D

Sounds like a great couple of days with your Mom at Disney! It must be so amazing to be so close, I’d be there way too often if I lived a few hours away haha

Sounds like a great couple of days with your Mom at Disney! It must be so amazing to be so close, I’d be there way too often if I lived a few hours away haha
Hello again @fallonkendra! :D I could not have asked for all of these great days at Disney! :mickeyjum I definitely agree and I have no doubt you would be there often if you lived only a few hours away haha! However, while I only live about three hours away these days, I have not had a chance to go to in a while as I have been crazy busy. Hopefully, I will get back there one of these days! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter