Three Cheers for Minnie Ears: A March 2019 Trip Report *Updated 7/15*

Catching up on your TR! What a bummer that you woke up sick - one of my biggest vacation fears! But it looks like you made the best of it, your F&G day looks fantastic! I love your ears and those spirit jerseys are so pretty! You got so many great shots with your sister.

I wish the MK after hours event was longer. It just doesn't seem like enough hours to really take advantage of it, especially when Disney does dumb things like only run one train on BTMRR. :rolleyes2

I'm glad your rest helped! The older I get the more I appreciate a good Disney nap. :laughing:

The MK After Hours looks so fun! I would've been annoyed at some of the breakdowns and longer waits as well, but you certainly got a lot done in a short period of time. The ice cream and popcorn (yum!) are such a great bonus to the shorter lines!

I had to smile at all your ride photos. You two certainly knew where the cameras were and most have enjoyed coming up with new poses. I thought it was cool that you were able to pull off the sleeping on Space Mountain pose.

And I thought I must be the only one that does not like the new style of Mickey cartoons. It just really lacks a lot. I figured it was because I am older and so my tastes must be different than the younger generation.

Ride photos are our favorites! I think Space Mountain has the best camera too, it's the easiest to pose for :) the sleeping one is my favorite from this trip.

I agree the new style leaves a lot to be desired. It's a shame, since i think the cartoons themselves are funny, but the design is just ugly! No need to mess with the classics, as far as I'm concerned.

Ugh sorry to hear you woke up sick in Disney! That’s the worst.

You guys did so much in Epcot that day! The flower and garden spirit jerseys are super cute.

People watching in Disney is always entertaining. It’s funny to hear the little things people are blowing up about!

Sounds like a great AH! We did the Villains one a few weeks ago and the time definitely goes too fast.

Being sick was definitely a bummer, but thankfully I still had a great time. I wish the MK After Hours was a bit longer, the 8-11 or whatever it is works for AK and HS but there's just so much to do at MK!

Sounds like a fun night at After Hours!

It was a lot of fun! I think if I had to rank them I'd go AK > MK > HS (which I'll get to... Someday) but I loved all of them!

Catching up on your TR! What a bummer that you woke up sick - one of my biggest vacation fears! But it looks like you made the best of it, your F&G day looks fantastic! I love your ears and those spirit jerseys are so pretty! You got so many great shots with your sister.

I wish the MK after hours event was longer. It just doesn't seem like enough hours to really take advantage of it, especially when Disney does dumb things like only run one train on BTMRR. :rolleyes2

Flower & Garden was so fun, I love all of our pics too. The running one train thing REALLY irritated me, if you're going to have an event that promises low waits then you need to do things on the operations side to make it happen. i wish the event were longer too, there's so much to do and not much time to do it!

I'm glad your rest helped! The older I get the more I appreciate a good Disney nap. :laughing:

The MK After Hours looks so fun! I would've been annoyed at some of the breakdowns and longer waits as well, but you certainly got a lot done in a short period of time. The ice cream and popcorn (yum!) are such a great bonus to the shorter lines!

Disney naps are the best! I used to be a "rope drop to close at all costs" type but now I truly appreciate the beauty of a midday nap.

Your MK AH sounds great despite not feeling well. Bummer about BTMRR line, but at least every ride wasn't like that.

It was a lot of fun! In the grand scheme of things Big Thunder isn't that big of a deal but at the time it had me seeing red. But, it didn't ruin the event and I'd still gladly do it again! But I'll probably make sure and scope out the Big Thunder train situation before I get in line :)

Day 6, Part 1: The One Where We Finally Go to Toy Story Land
We were super excited to finally experience Toy Story Land and ride Slinky Dog. Since our Midway Mania FP earlier in the week never panned out, this was our first time getting to see the land. I love getting to experience new Disney things, which is part of the reason why I'm okay with my every-few-years trip schedule, because every time I go back there's something new!

I was still feeling rather sick that morning, and my voice was shot, but after dosing up on some medicine I was good to go. I still coughed my lungs out throughout the day and sounded like I'd been smoking a pack a day for my entire life, but it could've been a lot worse.

As I’ve mentioned before, I booked our FPs and chose our park days before I knew we’d be going all 3 DAH events, which is why we found ourselves having a morning at HS the day before we’d return at night for DAH. With so much time scheduled in a park that really doesn’t need much time, we weren’t in any hurry. Coming off our late night at MK After Hours, it was nice to sleep in a little and mosey over to Hollywood Studios around 10.

ZdHW8kH.jpg

More skyliner testing as we approached the park. I already ranted about how scared I am of these things, so I won’t get into it again. (I wrote this a while ago, but it's funny that I'm posting it today, the day the skyliner's opening day was announced!)

On our way to our first FP on Rock n Roller Coaster (what else?) we passed some streetmosphere:

5Uy2ihe.jpg

Our journey to G Force records was a bit delayed by a very crowded and backed up FP line.

QlPV60M.jpg

As daunting as it looks, we only waited about 25 minutes. During which time my sister dropped (and shattered) her phone. But, there's no crying in rock and roll. We continued on our journey to rock on.

rsy6UpG.jpg

I think it was after this ride, or certainly at this point in the trip, when my sister and I reached an agreement that RNRC isn’t actually very intense. The launch is, but the rest of the ride is very smooth. We’re both of the mind that it could use a bigger drop, like the coaster formerly known as California Screamin’, to up the thrill factor.

With my throat freshly irritated from screaming with glee, we headed over to the whole reason we came to the park: Toy Story Land!

aF02y09.jpg

The journey begins

k0AlDsG.jpg

Almost there!

dN9JrVW.jpg

We’ve arrived!

Our first stop was for commemorative photopass pictures, of course.
The photographer said, “give me your best reach for the sky” and both of us were caught off guard and didn’t know what that meant… I think it means finger guns? Unless he meant for us to raise our arms like we were being arrested…. Either way, we did finger guns. But I’ve been pondering what he meant ever since.

ewSR8bx.jpg

The photographer was clearly having some fun- he had us pretend to take a selfie, and then snapped this pic that’s one of my favorites of the whole trip!

h6gu6ml.jpg

Then, he had us pretend to grab the camera and make a silly face:

wWpTOKO.jpg

It was a fun little photoshoot and a great way to start our time in Toy Story Land! And definitely a welcome change from the standard "stand here and smile" shoots.

We had some time before our Slinky FP, so we started to explore.

PweOGzK.jpg

Poor sign holder CM…

We stopped to watch the army men do their little show/activity thing. It was pretty cute.

And then, it was finally our time to happily walk past the standby line and board our slinky dog!

FcDDAA5.jpg

After a slight wait, we were off to the races:

5rbG2if.jpg

The camera on this ride is… not the best imo, I think it suffers from the same problem as Mine Train where the sun interferes with it in the afternoon. Maybe it would’ve been better if we knew where to look. This, however, is much better than the pic we got when we rode again during DAH, which still annoys me to think about.

All in all we really enjoyed the ride! It’s very cute. It’s not particularly thrilling but I think it’s more fun than Mine Train, which I also like, but don't love. I liked getting such fun views of the land and of the things around it. Basically, we had fun :)

Honestly the theming of the whole land is so fun, I really don’t understand all the negative reviews I’ve read about it. I thought it was very immersive and so fun—I felt like a little kid! So bright and colorful! Whee!

We wanted to try Woody’s Lunchbox for-wait for it-lunch, so we put together a mobile order and headed over there. There was a bit of confusion over at the mobile ordering window, with some people not understanding what it was for and some arriving before their order was ready, so it took a little bit. 6/7 days into this report, you should know by now that I rarely take food pictures, so I hope you’re not disappointed to find that there are no pictures of our lunch. I had the grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup, and my sister had the “totchos”, some sort of amalgamation of nachos and tater tots.

We had no luck finding seating, so we stood underneath an umbrella to eat. The one thing I’ll say about Toy Story Land is that Woody’s Lunchbox does not have NEARLY enough seating, and the lack of indoor seating in particular is glaring. I hate eating outside. Especially when it’s warm, which it was. The food was alright, but having to stand in the barely shaded eating area kind of ruined the experience.

Our next FP was Star Tours. On the way, we stopped for that “all the Star Wars characters appear on the stage and the storm troopers march” thing. I don’t really consider this a show since they don’t really do or say anything….

5e0L3QT.jpg

Star Tours was fun as usual, and then we backtracked to another FP ride on RNRC (shocker, I know).

xpPJaor.jpg

While in line, I scored a FP for Aliens!

QArBKXr.jpg

Yay! So back to Toy Story Land we went. And we clearly weren’t the only ones.

7ZT6n6v.jpg

Not a whole lot of breathing room. Before the ride, we stopped to pose for a pic:

8s7sxLx.jpg

And then it was time to swirl!
This ride was MUCH more fun than I thought it would be. It’s not really a standard spinner, the way the alien whips you around is so fun! We were giggling like crazy the whole time. It was a fun surprise!

It was pretty warm by this point, and the clock was ticking towards our obligatory mid-day beak. So, we waved a temporary goodbye to Hollywood Studios and made our way back to Pop.

For some reason, I saw fit to take a picture of the view outside our room. It was nice to walk out to greenery and not just a parking lot or something.

6E5AGTn.jpg

We enjoyed our break, as usual, and stopped for yet another dinner at the Pop food court before embarking on our last night at MK for the whole trip! :( Boo! I'll pick up there next time. Thanks for reading!

Hooray for medicine! It's amazing how we're willing to keep on going on vacation where at home we'd take the day off! :laughing:

Good grief, 25 minutes in the FP line on RNRC?! I'd read another report that mentioned that the FP+ lines were much longer than they used to be... I can't remember waiting more than 20 minutes in hardly ANY line, let alone a FP return line! I'm going to hope that the ride had been down which led to the backup.

What a fun day at HS! I'm excited to see Toy Story Land - just as you said, it looks so fun and colorful.

Your description of the Woody's Lunchbox seating underlines my issue with many QS restaurants. I like having a place to sit and relax while eating my food! I don't mind eating snacks on the go or without a seat, but this is why I prefer TS restaurants at Disney World. (I also appreciate the time in the air conditioning at the TS restaurants!)

I love ending my trips at MK, too! I look forward to seeing what you did on your last night!

Sorry your were still not feeling well. The cough sounds horrible - one of those that hurts when you cough. But you could never tell you were not feeling well from your pictures. You are just smiling big in all of them. Glad you were able to enjoy the day even though you were not at 100%.

Like you, I really like how the photographer created the photo of you and your sis making "selfies". They are really cute and do a fantastic job of capturing the feel of a day in the park instead of the typical stand and smile shot!

I think it was after this ride, or certainly at this point in the trip, when my sister and I reached an agreement that RNRC isn’t actually very intense. The launch is, but the rest of the ride is very smooth. We’re both of the mind that it could use a bigger drop, like the coaster formerly known as California Screamin’, to up the thrill factor.
You girls are crazy! That ride is waaay too rough for me so I've sworn it off. I would always come out with a horrible headache. Though I also don't do WDW's Space Mountain anymore, so... yeah....
The photographer was clearly having some fun- he had us pretend to take a selfie, and then snapped this pic that’s one of my favorites of the whole trip!

h6gu6ml.jpg

Then, he had us pretend to grab the camera and make a silly face:

wWpTOKO.jpg
It was a fun little photoshoot and a great way to start our time in Toy Story Land! And definitely a welcome change from the standard "stand here and smile" shoots.
Those are awesome photos! What a great photographer!

I love your pp photos in the way into tsl. Super cute!

I totally agree about Swirling Saucers. It's not worth a long wait, but it is a fun, zippy ride in it's own right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter