Threads to read for Disneyland 1st timer (but WDW vet)

bellarinah

Always a tone of surprise!
I'm planning our family's first visit to Disneyland in the October. We are a family of four with two girls, aged 8 and 7. We visit WDW a few times a year but know absolutely nothing about DL. Can anyone please suggest some threads on this board for me to read? I'm quite overwhelmed and don't really know where to begin. I'm interested in park touring strategy, hotels (both Disney and Good Neighbor), and snacks and dining. Would really appreciate any help!!!

Start with this one (an absolute classic!): A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.

This one is very helpful, too: https://www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-dlr-area-hotel-for-you.3656512/.

This one will help with events in October: Frightful Fun for Everyone: Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort Returns September 7.

For TS dining, FP Dining Packages for F! & WOC, WOC Dessert Party, character dining, afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55 at the DLH, etc.: Priority Seating Reservations open 60 days in advance. Don't worry if the books don't open exactly at 60 days -- sometimes you may have to wait a few days, but reservations will open up. You can reserve by phone or online.

There are lots of threads on CS dining on the Disneyland (California) forum -- that's the trip planning forum for Disneyland Resort. Do a search to see if anything interests you. Feel free to post any and all your DLR trip planning questions there. You'll get great tips and advice!
Also, you can find the DLR menus (hotels, DTD, park restaurants) on allears.net. You'll be able to see what will work for your family and get a ballpark idea on a food budget, too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!