Thread for allergy foods updates

jillianml said:
Just thought I would mention that I have heard that Baby cakes gluten free bakery items are now available in the landscapes of flavor dinning hall located at the art of animation resort! Can anyone confirm this that has been there recently?

It's true! We visited at the end of may. Theyre also available at beach club marketplace and Boardwalk Bakery and I even think they were a snack credit. I bought them, they were four mini muffins, chocolate, with four different flavors frosting. They were good. Typing this right now is making me crave them again :-)

It's true! We visited at the end of may. Theyre also available at beach club marketplace and Boardwalk Bakery and I even think they were a snack credit. I bought them, they were four mini muffins, chocolate, with four different flavors frosting. They were good. Typing this right now is making me crave them again :-)

Thank you !!!!This confirms my decision to stay there at Christmas time!!!

Just thought I would mention that I have heard that Baby cakes gluten free bakery items are now available in the landscapes of flavor dinning hall located at the art of animation resort! Can anyone confirm this that has been there recently?

The four pack of mini cupcakes from Babycakes has been available since A of A opened. I have not seen other items from Babycakes.

We got Babycakes chocolate chip cookies at AoA last summer. They didn't have them on the shelves. A chef offered them to me when I asked for several packs of Enjoy Life cookies (using up snack credits at the end of our trip and there weren't any on the shelf) but he didn't have enough so he asked if we wanted those. I hadn't realized that they even had them in the freezer so it's worth asking a chef if they have any other BC products in the kitchen if you're talking to a chef about allergies anyway.

Can we still get Divvies (nut safe) cookies anywhere? We used to get them at the Main Street Bakery, but I assume that's out now that Sbux had taken over...

Can we still get Divvies (nut safe) cookies anywhere? We used to get them at the Main Street Bakery, but I assume that's out now that Sbux had taken over...

I think Disney as a whole dropped Divvies all together but I'm not positive. They have this other brand that is gluten free ( I think it was called OMG its gluten free? something like that) and I believe its nut free but it had eggs so my daughter couldn't have it. I liked the Divvies because they were egg free.

On our last 2 trips all the divvies products were gone. They had the OMG gluten free cookies and a few places had enjoy life but mostly table service. The OMG products aren't really very good for other allergies I know I had conflicts with both flavors can't remember if it was soy or a seed which my Dr lumps in w nuts as a don't have.

Last year before F&W the disney food blog posted a map with info on what foods were gluten free. I am hoping that they will post something similar this year. I cannot eat dairy, so I am hoping to have some options at the booths at F&W.

We are actually just leaving WDW today...my allergies include: peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish, wheat, dairy, soy, oats, coconut, sesame, sunflower seeds, bananas, cherries, broccoli....this is what I know as far as the current allergy information for where we ate....

Saratoga Springs:
Turf Club: ener-g tapioca rolls
Artists palette: allergy free chicken tenders; enjoy life cookies (but you have to ask for them), ener-g tapioca buns; Udis pizza crust and hamburger buns

Magic kingdom:
Liberty tree tavern: GNI hamburger buns
Crystal Palace: GNI rolls
Columbia harbor house: allergy free chicken tenders
Cosmic rays: allergy free chicken tenders; enjoy life cookies

EPCOT:
Sunshine seasons: rocky mountain popcorn; OMG brownies; 2 packs of enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies; boxes of enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies and soft brownie cookies; surf sweets
Garden grill: enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies; enjoy life soft brownie cookies; Udis rolls (disclaimer: I do NOT recommend this place....our chef was terrible and so was the food...a waste of money IMO)
American adventure: allergy free chicken tenders

Grand Floridian:
1900 park fare: namaste waffle mix; enjoy life cookies; GNI buns; rice dream ice cream
Citricos: GNI buns; the apple sorbet is free of all top 8 allergens (plus more)

Contemporary:
Contempo Cafe: Udis rolls/buns, namaste waffle mix, 2 packs of enjoy life chcolate chip cookies, OMG brownies, allergy free chicken tenders
The Wave: Udis rolls

All of our meals were wonderful....except garden grill...it was so bad that we submitted a complaint that night with guest relations. The chef was horrendous and my food was inedible. Other than that, we had 6 1/2 days of fabulous allergy safe meals and all of the other chefs and managers were wonderful!

My highest rated ones are :
Citricos
Contempo Cafe
The Wave
Crystal Palace (we prefer lunch over dinner....but dinner was really good as well,)

We are actually just leaving WDW today...my allergies include: peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, shellfish, wheat, dairy, soy, oats, coconut, sesame, sunflower seeds, bananas, cherries, broccoli....this is what I know as far as the current allergy information for where we ate....

Saratoga Springs:
Artists palette: allergy free chicken tenders; enjoy life cookies (but you have to ask for them), ener-g tapioca buns; Udis pizza crust and hamburger buns

Magic kingdom:

EPCOT:
Sunshine seasons: rocky mountain popcorn; OMG brownies; 2 packs of enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies; boxes of enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies and soft brownie cookies; surf sweets
Garden grill: enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies; enjoy life soft brownie cookies; Udis rolls (disclaimer: I do NOT recommend this place....

All of our meals were wonderful....except garden grill...it was so bad that we submitted a complaint that night with guest relations. The chef was horrendous and my food was inedible. Other than that, we had 6 1/2 days of fabulous allergy safe meals and all of the other chefs and managers were wonderful!

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience at Garden Grill, but I am glad you posted about it. DH and I made reservations there for Christmas time, and if the allergy food was inedible, then I think we will cancel.

We are in WDW now. I had an amazing meal prepared by Chef Jake at Sanaa last night. He made me a special version of the lamb tandoori. It was so tender and flavorful.

I had an experience today at 50's PTC, however, that left me in tears. The chef seemed annoyed that he had to talk to me. In fact, we waited over 20 minutes after being seated for him to come talk to us. Then, when discussing my options, he said it would be "easiest" if he just grilled something for me. He really made me feel like I was a burden to him. He made me the grilled pork chop with absolutely no seasoning. I'm talking not even salt and pepper. I am wheat, soy and dairy free and can't have onions or garlic or either in powder form. I can have every other spice imaginable. We won't be going back there.

Just to throw some confusion into the ring, we had a fabulous experience at GG. I went with two friends - one with no allergies, one latex (special prep for the dishes/silverware,) banana, kiwi, avocado, certain tree nuts & unknown tropical fruit (probably mango.) I am vegetarian, allergic to mangoes & mushrooms. The chef was awesome, came out and joked with us, pulled up a seat at our table (I invited him to sit in the unused chair initially, then he just helped himself lol) and was extremely attentive. Character interaction was great, and it was all them as we don't really "do" characters. Food was excellent, we left stuffed. We had avoided it for a lot of trips due to it being family-style and our issues being incompatible, but they really made it happen.

Just to note that they are not always terrible with allergies :)

Edit: eek! So sorry to hear about the 50s PT chef. We are going there in Aug, and I definitely need a chef, as their veg dish is mushroom based. Fingers crossed it is a better experience!

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience at Garden Grill, but I am glad you posted about it. DH and I made reservations there for Christmas time, and if the allergy food was inedible, then I think we will cancel.

We are in WDW now. I had an amazing meal prepared by Chef Jake at Sanaa last night. He made me a special version of the lamb tandoori. It was so tender and flavorful.

I had an experience today at 50's PTC, however, that left me in tears. The chef seemed annoyed that he had to talk to me. In fact, we waited over 20 minutes after being seated for him to come talk to us. Then, when discussing my options, he said it would be "easiest" if he just grilled something for me. He really made me feel like I was a burden to him. He made me the grilled pork chop with absolutely no seasoning. I'm talking not even salt and pepper. I am wheat, soy and dairy free and can't have onions or garlic or either in powder form. I can have every other spice imaginable. We won't be going back there.

That's similar to our experience at garden grill. Baked fish and plain beef strips. Both completely unseasoned and over cooked. Inedible.

We went to 50s in December and had a wonderful chef. A great salmon with asparagus and mashed potatoes. We decided not to try it this time because my new dairy allergy seems to have really limited things (I was not allergic to dairy in December).

EPCOT:
Garden grill: enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies; enjoy life soft brownie cookies; Udis rolls (disclaimer: I do NOT recommend this place....our chef was terrible and so was the food...a waste of money IMO)

Thank you so much for noticing if they were soft or crunchy!!! It's good to have a clue where I can hope for them.

Thank you so much for noticing if they were soft or crunchy!!! It's good to have a clue where I can hope for them.

If they don't have them out front, ask for them. They usuall have boxes in the back....I asked out of curiosity because they were not out front and they did have them....but I didn't need any....I brought some with us...

1900 park fare also had the soft chocolate brownie cookies.

We too had a bad experience with the chef at 50's Primetime. It must have been the same chef. Waited a long time for him to come out and then when he did he pushed the pot pie. I said I wanted the fried chicken and he told me it would be over 45 minutes. My husband was starving so I ordered the pork chop. It took 40 minutes and was horrible! It was too salty and tough. I should have stuck to my guns and gotten the fried chicken since it would have only been an extra 5 minutes. I wish I had gotten the chef's name but he either didn't say it or I was beyond hunger and wasn't listening.

We too had a bad experience with the chef at 50's Primetime. It must have been the same chef. Waited a long time for him to come out and then when he did he pushed the pot pie. I said I wanted the fried chicken and he told me it would be over 45 minutes. My husband was starving so I ordered the pork chop. It took 40 minutes and was horrible! It was too salty and tough. I should have stuck to my guns and gotten the fried chicken since it would have only been an extra 5 minutes. I wish I had gotten the chef's name but he either didn't say it or I was beyond hunger and wasn't listening.

I know his name. I just didn't want to post it. I have no problem posting a name with a positive review, but it doesn't feel right to post it with a negative review. However, I have no problem giving it out to someone in a private message. So, if anyone wants to know the name of the chef, just PM me.

I know his name. I just didn't want to post it. I have no problem posting a name with a positive review, but it doesn't feel right to post it with a negative review. However, I have no problem giving it out to someone in a private message. So, if anyone wants to know the name of the chef, just PM me.

Did you tell Disney the chef's name in a complaint letter?
If not, I suggest you do. Then they have the opportunity to try to educate him a bit before he is inflicted upon other innocent people.
I wrote a review of our experiences at various locations after our last trip (good and bad) and they appreciated the feedback.

I think we had the same chef! I had a similar experience, was told absolutely everything I wanted couldn't be "safe" (which I had no problem with, I rather be safe) And then was pushed towards dishes I didn't want and was told there would be a long wait. We decided against ordering a meal and instead, just got a dessert. Both the waitress and chef was so rude to us and we waited so long, despite the restaurant not being that busy.

disfan07 said:

Saratoga Springs:

Magic kingdom:

EPCOT:

Grand Floridian:
1900 park fare: namaste waffle mix; enjoy life cookies; GNI buns; rice dream ice cream
Citricos: GNI buns; the apple sorbet is free of all top 8 allergens (plus more)

Contemporary:
Contempo Cafe: Udis rolls/buns, namaste waffle mix, 2 packs of enjoy life chcolate chip cookies, OMG brownies, allergy free chicken tenders
The Wave: Udis rolls

My highest rated ones are :
Citricos
Contempo Cafe
The Wave
Crystal Palace (we prefer lunch over dinner....but dinner was really good as well,)

Thank you so much! We don't leave until October but this is super helpful to know which locations have what options (although I know it's subject to change). The Saratoga info is especially helpful because it's not talked about often and this will be our first stay there. Thanks again!!

Thank you so much! We don't leave until October but this is super helpful to know which locations have what options (although I know it's subject to change). The Saratoga info is especially helpful because it's not talked about often and this will be our first stay there. Thanks again!!

About Saratoga springs....

I don't know what allergies there are in your family but if there are only a few allergies you should have better luck than I did.

I have 16 allergies including 7 of the top 8 allergens. I found turf club to be wonderful the one time we ate there....artists palette....not so much..

I only ever ate the allergy free chicken tenders and fries there. They were not very helpful when it came to anything else and it just seemed to take forever to get my food.

We actually switched to the contemporary half way through our trip and found Contempo Cafe to be 10x better than artists palette. The managers at the contemporary seemed to be much more on top of things than what I encountered at artists palette.

But that was just our experience there...and my experiences are often a lot different than others because of the extent of my allergies.

Hopefully you guys have a good experience there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!