Thoughts on VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

Will the VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY happen in 2020?

• Total voters
You cannot believe a single person in this world, let alone a single person on disboards, thinks there will be a christmas party this year!? There are tens of thousands of people who believe in ufos...there are tens of thousands of people who believe bigfoot is out there. You dont believe that there aren’t 15000 people who are comfortable with the risks of coronavirus and love Disney and need a vacation enough to pay $200 to go to a christmas party this year that is the same as last years party but with reduced crowds (hence the increased price)? It’s a matter of if disney has the guts to absorb the social Media bashing that those who dont want to do it will give.
I believe in UFO’s, Bigfoot, and that Disney will make something happen for Christmas. It might not be a party, but something where people will be able to see the lights.

Could they create some alternative if they wanted to? Absolutely. But Disney has proven they’re keeping things very simple and pared down for now so it’s hard to imagine them getting creative for a new socially distanced Christmas party. But never say never I guess.

Last edited:
say they want to cancel or go forward with the Christmas party by Sept 1. You have two weeks to say that you're trying to see if there is demand for the party for Thanksgiving week to Christmas week. It'll be 200dol per ticket at half the capacity as last year. On Sept 1, they'll either refund you if they cancel, or go forward with it. Its just like floating the cruises out there and saying it might not happen.

I don't think there's any creativity to it. Its the exact party they do every year, just double the price for half the crowd. See if the market will support it.

I think I'm not being clear. Say they want to host the exact party of years past with half the attendance and double the price and see if it sells. There isn't a "need" to alter anything. Theres no reason they have to alter anything as long as consenting adults ok with their own health decisions deciding to go to a non essential gathering.

I think I'm not being clear. Say they want to host the exact party of years past with half the attendance and double the price and see if it sells. There isn't a "need" to alter anything. Theres no reason they have to alter anything as long as consenting adults ok with their own health decisions deciding to go to a non essential gathering.
Capacity is already extremely low. They’d have to figure out a way to keep crowds from forming for fireworks and parades. Something they’ve been reluctant to try so far, and for good reason. Doubling the cost of something doesn’t automatically solve many of the issues they face right now.

With Halloween off, I just can't see how Christmas happens this year. I won't be surprised if WDW ends up closing again.
As sad as it makes me to say it, part of me wishes they would. We rented DVC, so if they're open we're going for Christmas this year, but having experienced all the fun Christmas stuff a few years ago, it's really hard to get excited about this trip without things like Candlelight Processional, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, the parade and fireworks at MK, etc. That stuff is what made us want to return ON Christmas to experience it all again.

And most bummy of all...we have amazing seats for Drawn to Life. I have no idea what will be going on with that by December.

You cannot believe a single person in this world, let alone a single person on disboards, thinks there will be a christmas party this year!? There are tens of thousands of people who believe in ufos...there are tens of thousands of people who believe bigfoot is out there. You dont believe that there aren’t 15000 people who are comfortable with the risks of coronavirus and love Disney and need a vacation enough to pay $200 to go to a christmas party this year that is the same as last years party but with reduced crowds (hence the increased price)? It’s a matter of if disney has the guts to absorb the social Media bashing that those who dont want to do it will give.
I've seen a UFO and Bigfoot's name is Daryl so ......

As sad as it makes me to say it, part of me wishes they would. We rented DVC, so if they're open we're going for Christmas this year, but having experienced all the fun Christmas stuff a few years ago, it's really hard to get excited about this trip without things like Candlelight Processional, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, the parade and fireworks at MK, etc. That stuff is what made us want to return ON Christmas to experience it all again.

And most bummy of all...we have amazing seats for Drawn to Life. I have no idea what will be going on with that by December.
“Drawn to Life was supposed to open on April 17, 2020; but that was delayed due to the temporary shut down of Walt Disney World. Tickets are on sale now for show dates beginning February 10, 2021.”

“Drawn to Life was supposed to open on April 17, 2020; but that was delayed due to the temporary shut down of Walt Disney World. Tickets are on sale now for show dates beginning February 10, 2021.”

o_O, just last week I was seeing ticket being sold starting 2020 November ...

o_O, just last week I was seeing ticket being sold starting 2020 November ...
Me too!! It got changed. I was approved for a transfer there from my other job at Disney, and now I have to wait that much longer for it to happen :(

we gotta figure out how to keep people safe at the grocery store...people can decide to go or not go to a theme park.
Sad thing about it is I felt 1000% safer at Disney than I do at the local grocery store. If you really want to live on the wild side try going to Walmart these days!!

Seriously. If the United States as a whole approached this in the manner that Disney has implemented in their parks in regards to the safety protocols we would be much better off than we are now, but I digress.

So Disney announced hours this week, but only until November 7.... hoping that next announcements about hours give inclination of Christmas party based on park hours.
KEEP FINGERS CROSSED

So Disney announced hours this week, but only until November 7.... hoping that next announcements about hours give inclination of Christmas party based on park hours.
KEEP FINGERS CROSSED
We’ll most likely get the official answer this week. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up. The answer is going to be 99.9% no party.

Craft Beer Fest at SeaWorld ... announced for September weekends...
Don't believe Disney will have Very Merry unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter