Thoughts on VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

Will the VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY happen in 2020?

• Total voters
The whole conversation is confusing...

Fireworks and parades can still go with social distancing. Seaworld should settle that if it's not obvious enough.

Parties will need to be 6' apart and the event will need a safe entrance/exit strategy. I would imagine Disney is working at a Fireworks solution daily. After evening hours, park hopping, I would think that Fireworks is 3rd on their wish-list.

I think the bigger challenge is how Disney ensures social distancing when everyone leaves the fireworks at the same time. They're already using social distanced marked spots for stage shows at Shanghai Disneyland, so they could do something similar for fireworks. But everyone leaving at the same time seems hard.

I think the bigger challenge is how Disney ensures social distancing when everyone leaves the fireworks at the same time. They're already using social distanced marked spots for stage shows at Shanghai Disneyland, so they could do something similar for fireworks. But everyone leaving at the same time seems hard.

Just talking to Martin at the other board, Disney deems fireworks/night shows unsafe right now. This doesn't bode well, but I'm still hopeful.

They could just do a castle light show off and on through the party like the tree of life and skip the fireworks . Everyone usually arrives at the same time at opening. They already have the distancing marks.

They could just do a castle light show off and on through the party like the tree of life and skip the fireworks . Everyone usually arrives at the same time at opening. They already have the distancing marks.

I was thinking the same thing. If MK closes at 6pm, have the party from 7-10pm and have spontaneous castle light shows, Christmas music, snow falling, Christmas treats/drinks, spontaneous small parades like they are doing now except Christmas-themed, etc. None of those things causes clusters of people, and obviously they'd limit the amount of tickets sold to allow for distancing (like they are doing now). I would think a ticketed event like this would bring in a fair amount of money especially considering Disney wouldn't have the expense of fireworks and a full parade. I know we would love to go! That's a big reason we're booked at GF over Thanksgiving....fingers crossed!

I was thinking the same thing. If MK closes at 6pm, have the party from 7-10pm and have spontaneous castle light shows, Christmas music, snow falling, Christmas treats/drinks, spontaneous small parades like they are doing now except Christmas-themed, etc. None of those things causes clusters of people, and obviously they'd limit the amount of tickets sold to allow for distancing (like they are doing now). I would think a ticketed event like this would bring in a fair amount of money especially considering Disney wouldn't have the expense of fireworks and a full parade. I know we would love to go! That's a big reason we're booked at GF over Thanksgiving....fingers crossed!

I still think Epcot would be the best spot for that. Hoping for you guys.

Reactions: TJA
I still think Epcot would be the best spot for that. Hoping for you guys.
Yes Epcot would be good for having a boat parade and fireworks on the lake. There is plenty of room around the lake to social distance. They could put markers around the lake where you would stand.

Wellllll? Yes. "No Fireworks, no XMAS Party, very little park" is indeed absurd.

hardly - it’s expected.
And it’s what you make of it. It isn’t cancelled. Parks are still there - hours are extended - did you think there would be parties during this time? If all it takes to “cancel” Christmas for you is no parties or fireworks then I stand by what i said.

that’s absurd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter